Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

Comments

• dharmeshvasantdharmeshvasant Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I want to buy Altima Coupe 2008 3.5 SE Super Black with all options ie. Fully Loaded.

I'm first time buyer. What price I should look for? How should I deal with dealers?

I got approval for car loan but I can't get auto-check so that I need to get purchase order and insurance details then I need to submit it to car-loan company so that they can send draft.

Please let me know the process and ideal way to save money.

Thanks.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    I wonder How the Altima would handle a little road trip down I-90.

It would be one of the sweetest trips of your life. :shades:
    Oldfarmer,

I'm in upstate NY. You're in the Boston area right? I wonder How the Altima would handle a little road trip down I-90.

I would be more than happy to get you into a new Coupe. :) But just to let you know i found three dealers in New York that have a Percision Grey 3.5 Coupe. 1) Burdick Nissan in Cicero NY... 2) Vision Nissan in Wester NY... 3) Niagara Nissan in Lockport NY...

I don't know if these dealers are close too you but I thought it might be helpful for you.

But like I said I would be more than happy to sell you one too. :) That way I could justify my time on these forums to my Bosses ;)

Either way let me know how you make out! If you don't see me here I am always on Stories of the front lines :shades:

GP
  • unctarheel1unctarheel1 Member Posts: 19
    Does any1 know how to get the cd player to display the song/album title when you press the display button? I've tried both burned and legit CDs and it's says "no info available"
    thx
  • whhaaatttwhhaaattt Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the new coupe, and I have 30k to play with....what are some of the deals I could get if I want one fully loaded??? Thanks for the help
  • hjd17hjd17 Member Posts: 8
    Well all depends on what kind of deal you can get. I got my 3.5se w/cvt fully loaded for 30,500 out of door. But thats due to the vpp. But around 30k is probably good deal.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    I think Nissan has some low interest financing available, and if your tradding something in, they'll probably give you a good deal on it. you might have some luck getting the price down, but that will depend on how strong demand is in your area, and how much supplies the local dealers have. Right now, in many areas of the country the demand is still stronger than the supply and people are paying pretty close to invoice.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    You must add the artist/song information first, then burn the CD. Most CDs do NOT contain the text data. So don't just do a direct disc copy. In NERO, you would pick create audio CD, drag the songs into the compilation window. Let the program connect to the internet to get the song/artist data....Pick the correct CD if more than 1 comes up..OR manually label the songs.
    Then Burn.
    Nero can do all this automatically if you set it up right.
    Steve
    Pick the correct CD if more than 1 comes up..OR manually label the songs.

Thaks for that information... I always wondered and didn't know.

GP
  • unctarheel1unctarheel1 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks, what about in iTunes? played around for a while trying to find it out to no avail...
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Well my Nissan Dealer made me offer I couldnt refuse. I traded in my 07 Versa (which I leased in July 6) on a purchase of a 08 Coupe. THis was a used coupe with only 400 miles on it. Its a fully loaded 2.5S coupe. I have to say, I really love the Nav System on it, and the Next Gen Bluetooth is far better then the unit in the Versa, downloading my phone book into the Nav unit was a breeze. I take the car back to the dealer on monday to have the iPod connector installed. I looked at the Honda Accord coupe at the Auto Show last month and liked it, but the car didn't have that sporty look to it that the Altima coupe has. So far I am averaging 24 mpg which isn't too bad, I was getting 34 with my Versa, but since the car has 550 miles on it I'm hoping for the MPG to go up as the miles go up on the car..

Tony
  • jussbusinessjussbusiness Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am living in NYC and looking to buy this sweet car CASH.. i'm not sure whether to decide on V6 or 4 cylinder but I do want it fully Loaded. If I am looking to pay the whole thing in cash at time of purchase, what can i bargain with the dealer so I get the best price.. What would be a resonable quote. I am living in STATEN ISLAND, NY..
    please get back to me as I am looking to buy before the new year. thanks :shades:
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If you want, we can try to help you choose 6 or 4 cylinder here. Once you've made up your mind on that, you'll want to stop by the Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for pricing help.

Good luck!
    ok pat , did some research and it seems the 4 cylinder is a better drive as the v6 maybe to powerful for the altima's chassis.. so that being said what can i expect to pay for the 4 cylinder coupe fully loaded , considering i would like to buy the car cash.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Post that question in the discussion I linked for you pat, "2008 Nissan Altima Coupe" #321, 7 Dec 2007 7:43 am. That's where the folks are who can help. Be sure to tell them where you live!
    Regarding paying Cash or not, the dealership will give you the same deal, infact the dealership will loose money if you pay cash for the car.

Right now, Nissan isn't really dealing on the car and Nissan isn't given any special interest rates on the Coupe. I bought a 2.5S with Premium pack and Sunroof, and got it for $26K the car was used, only had 400 Miles, I was given a really loosey story on why it came back, I think the owner couldnt get fiancing... But I live it, I have the CVT. So far I'm averaging 27 MPG, we had a Sedan with the 3.5 and averaged 22.
    HOORAY HOORAY. I woke up at 9 am knowing i was going to drive off the lot today with my car of choice no questions asked. I went to my local Nissas dealer first thing and tried the lets make a deal game with the dealer.. He first told me that the 2.5S Fully Loaded with Premium and Technology packages were going to run me 30 Grand msrp :sick: . After a quick call to the Dealer over the bridge he quickly dropped the price . After some moreShannigan's from this guy who wouldn't even print out his rediculous quote of 24,500 I did not feel comfortable and left for the other dealership who was more than happy to take my cash payment for the car. Thank You Rafael @ Rt. 22 Nissan in Hillside NJ. :)

When all was said and done I ended up paying 28,500 with 20,000 out of pocket so I can boost my credit in 6 months when I pay in full . Thank you all for the advice. and I can already see the enjoyment I will have with the car.. Greattt!!! :blush:
  • flynfl01flynfl01 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, all. I will soon be purchasing a 2008 Altima Coupe. Since I live in the south and have no garage, I was considering purchasing window tinting to help reduce the temperature and protect the interior. I understand the standard glass is "solar glass" and has some UV protection, but how much? Is window tinting worth it? Anyone had any experience?

Thank you.
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    Get the extra tint. It's worth it.

-moo
    My Altima Coupe, like every other new car I've ever purchased says not to drive at constant speeds for extended periods of time during the break in period. What none of the manuals say is how long is considered too long to drive constantly.

Anyone have any expertise on this? If I drive on the highway, how long can I stay at one speed? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? And, when I do vary my speed, how much do I need to vary it? By 5 mph? 10 mph? More?

Why don't the manuals make this more specific? It's kind of vague.

As always, any insight is appreciated.
    With almost 10K miles on my coupe, I drive more HWY then I do city and I average about 70. So far no problem, I'm sure if you go to 3 different dealers, you will be told 3 different things... But I'm sure driving around the city freeways you are OK, but if you drove from LA to SF on the freeway at a constant speed that would be a problem.
  • starscreamstarscream Member Posts: 3
    Just curious has anyone had this baby out in the snow I was thinking about getting one but I live in Ohio and was curious as to how it performed non-ideal weather.
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "says not to drive at constant speeds for extended periods of time during the break in period. What none of the manuals say is how long is considered too long to drive constantly"

If you're on a 100 mile trip and the speed limit is 70, don't use cruise control. Simply vary the speed yourself, and periodically if you're free of other traffic, maybe let it coast down to about 65, then run it up to 75 and let it coast back. This gives the engine a chance to wear in early in its life at no set speed and will ensure good ring setting. I used this process on my '07 3.5 SE--I was about 3/4 of a quart down at the end of the first 3,500 miles change, and less than 1/2 a quart coming up on 7,500 miles. I routinely average 24-26 MPG over all.
  • candiechoklat2candiechoklat2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone!!

I'm thinking about buying an Altima Coupe and I'm kinda looking for feedback from people who already own one. For those of you who own a Coupe, how do you like it? Does it drive well? Any problems under the hood? Etc... any and all feedback is much appreciated!!!!!
    I have a 2.5S coupe fully loaded, and I love it. currently I have 11K miles on it, the only time it has been to the dealer is, for its service that is it. I have the CVT, which I really like. It well take some time for you to adjust to it, but once you do, I think you will find how easy it is to drive. I' averaging 30.8 according to the trip computer. I have taken it to Calif from AZ and it cruises on the freeway with no problem. Here in Phoenix area, they sell very well. My only issue is, I wish Nissan would offer a sport package for the 2.5S to me that is the only thing it is lacking.
    I've really enjoyed mine since I've had it. No problems whatsoever. It drives very nice in my opinion...quite a step up from the Honda Civic I owned prior to that. Plus it looks sharp. Mine is a red type S with 6-speed manual.

The fuel economy is great...better than I expected. My normal commute gets me 28-29 MPG which is just a few mpgs less than my civic got, but with a more powerful car.

Highly recommend it. Write back and let the forum know what you decide.
  • nathanttnnathanttn Member Posts: 3
    has anyone heard about the 09 altima coupe? Or when will nissan put it in the market?
    WHy you worried about a 09, the 08 has been a sale success for Nissan. I highly doubt they well make any changes to the coupe...
    'cuz the 08 will be in clearance and a couple grands less when the 09 is in the market.
    No they wont, its called Supple and Demand, right now the coupes are selling very well, I highly doubt the dealers are going to have any left overs. Currently the coupes aren't scheduled for any upgrades, so there wont be any differences bertween 08 and 09 to warrent the dealership to discount any left 08 if they have any.
    I see.. thanks for the info

I was quoted $26,200 drive out for the altima coupe 2.5s CVT with premium package and carpet/mats. Do you know if that is a fair price? Or it's a little high?

Thanks
  • ricko1ricko1 Member Posts: 1
    The car is amazing, just bought mine June 13th.

Got the 08 coupe 2.5 CVT for 25680.00 prem pkg (w/o fog lights)

that is 300 above invoice using the costco deal.

Getting window tint done by . . .

Dennis McMullin
    (951) 696 - 5047

Limo back and 35% front comes to 159.00 with lifetime warranty

Also, Dennis does house calls. he came to my house, did mine and my neighbors 100k BMW. Dennis is the real deal and the best rate.

Also Dale F. from quality nissan. (951) 676 - 6601

No hassle buying cars, no smoke and mirrors. just a straight forward price and he makes the numbers work in your favor. Dale is an awesome guy, he is USMC ret.

About the altima, 2.5 is good enough, better mpg and uses Reg gas. I drove the v6, i also felt it was to much power for that car. i got the 2.5 sliding in the turns, the v6 is a bit much unless your going in a straight line. Drives smooth, no need to upgrade the bose sound. Blue Tooth ready. CVT is very cool, constant power! Worth the money!
  • insearch1insearch1 Member Posts: 6
    I test drove the altima coupe in california and want to know the reliability factor. Nissan Altima's have had a lot of recalls over the years. The coupe handled itself really well and I was definitely swept away by the car. I was looking to get the honda accord coupe but caught the eye of the altima coupe. Follow ups with coupe reliability will be truly appreciated. I am seriously looking to getting a car to replace my 17 years old faithful.
    Help!
    How do you like your nissan coupe? Any problems with the car?
    Trying to get a follow up regarding coupe reliability since purchase. I am seroiusly thinking of getting one. How are you dong with your new ride? ANy recalls? Problems?
    Interesting that people are worried about Recalls.... Go to the TSB web site and check them out. Most of the recalls are really interesting, nothing that would stop me from buying a coupe... I have a 07 have 15K miles mine is a 2.5S w/ CVT, fully loaded minus Nav, I love it.. No problems at all, I'm averaging 31 MPG and living in PHX,AZ the AC is the best I have ever owned... Its not my first Nissan and it wont be my last....
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    The interior of the Coupe is almost identical to that of the sedan. The only difference other than its size is that the coupe has a handbrake while the sedan uses a foot-operated parking brake. At the same time, the sedan has one more cup holder in the front. I also agree that while this is the first Nissan I've owned, providing that reliability holds up, this won't be my last.
  • frifallefrifalle Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a squeaky noise in the steering column after the car has sat in the sun for a while? Mine's been doing this for about a month now, and my Nissan mechanic assures me that it's nothing. It's just that the plastic around the column is expanding, and thus, rubs against the other plastic making a noise. Once the car is cooled off in the garage, it quits doing it.
    No problem and here in PHX, AZ were we had 13 days over 110, I can say I havaen't had any issues that you are asking about...
    Thanks for the blog response. What is the TSB website? What made you buy the car? It's my 1st big purchase since I bought my now 17 yrs old car and I want to make a good decision about it. I appreciate any info. I am so taken by the altima coupe!
  • ron97ron97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi:

I recently purchased, yesterday a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5. Today I went our traveled 65 miles. 95% of the trip was highway driving, at 65 MPH with cruise Control. My average miles per gallon reach a big 14.8. I was surprised and the poor mileage to say the least. Has anyone experienced this and according to the dealer it will improve in several weeks. I purchased the car to save on gas and it seems that it's getting lower then my Grand Cherokee, which has a Hemi?

Any comments on MPG would be appreciated!

RJ
    Hey RJ, we currently have 2 08 Nissans, mine is a Altima Coupe 2.5S with CVT and the other is a Rogue SL. The first couple of tank fulls the miles got better. YOu didn't say what kind of transmission you have either, but give it a couple of tanks, the engine is tight... Current on my coupe I'm getting 31, the Rogue is getting 25.
  • ron97ron97 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feed back on the gas mileage. Today it moved upward to 15.9, not at all where I want t to be. However, on the bright side it's getting better. By the way my transmission is an automatic.
    give a couple of tanks...
  • catchcatch Member Posts: 3
    I decided on purchasing an Altima, but after driving 9 different cars 7 of them had a jittery steering feeling. The steering wheel had a distinct vibration in it as if the front end was not aligned properly or the wheels were not balanced. I noticed that all the cars that had this problem had Continental tires, and the ones that did not had Goodyears I believe. Has anyone noticed this problem and found out why?
    Nope I haven't had my coupe now for 9 months and love it, no vibrations at all. I have had continental tires for years and swear by them. It might be the road surface in which you are drving on that might be causing the vibrations.
  • coupe82coupe82 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my coupe for 10 months now and its white. There are 4 clear protection stickers on either side near the rear tires. They have turned black from the dirt and washings so I figured I should remove them because it looked bad....That was dumb!!!! :( Now the adhesive is stuck to my car and it wont come off!!! Im so upset and tried to remove it with armoral exterior wipes and it made it worse!!! What should I do can someone help please?!!!!
    Try goo-gone, but don't rub too hard not too sure what it might do to the paint...
  • tojoitojoi Member Posts: 1
    ;) I test drove a 2008 when it first came out. I LOVE IT. Good handling and love all the bells and whistles. Im trying to wait another year for the used ones to possibly start showing up, but they dont last long. Beautiful car.
    I bought mine used in Nov 07, it had 400 miles on it. It's fully loaded paid $25K mine is a 2.5S
This discussion has been closed.