Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

1234568»

Comments

• unctarheel1unctarheel1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else feel their coupes are prone to scratching!? i've had my for 10 months and the scratches just keep coming, i have no idea from where!?

I put one of my accounting books on the roof while i unlocked the door and then found many little scratches at that spot the next day...same thing on the truck lid

Any idea for removing them so that the dealership doesnt charge me up the @ss for them (i have a 2 yr lease)

thanks!
  • kylezkylez Member Posts: 1
    hi I just bought a altima coupe 2.5s (love it). the engines great but i was wondering how much does that little foam layer attached to the hood compress the sound of the engine and if it would sound alot better with that layer removed. if you can remove it. please help me out. thank you.

kyle.
  • mig29mig29 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

I'm considering getting the 3.5 Altima Coupe. I have some questions about the I-key.

Does the key unlock all doors when in range or can it be programmed to unlock just the driver's door? If I am filling up with gas I don't want the passenger door to be unlocked to allow anyone access.

I know the car doesn't have autolocks but will the doors stay locked if the car is in gear? If I'm sitting at a red light I don't want the doors unlocked.

Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Regarding your question, when you walk up to your car and push the button on the door once, it well only unlock the door in which the button was pushed. So if you walked up to the car and pushed the button on the drivers door once, that is the only door that well unlock. If you push the same button twice then it unlocks all doors.

So for safty reason if you only unlock the drivers door the passenager door will still be locked.
  • mig29mig29 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply but I'm referring to the proximity keyless entry system. It isn't necessary to push any buttons to unlock the door.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Mig29, the I-Key is a proximity keyless system, but you need to push a button on the door handle to unlock the car. This is how it works on my 08 Altima Coupe as well as the 09 Altima's.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Works that way on the Altima sedan as well. You push the button on the handle once to unlock the driver's door, again to unlock them all (just like many remote-entry fobs do).
  • thebranca18thebranca18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm having a weird problem with my Nissan Altima '08 Coupe 3.5S.

When idling the car is actually physically shaking, this happens once I've started up the car driven somewhere and stopped at a stoplight. You can't just turn on the car and have this happen.

It also shifts very slowly between gears to the point where on my way to work this morning it actually slipped and didn't shift and I almost got into an accident.

I brought it in to Nissan this morning because the service engine soon light came on, and they said they found a cylinder misfire, but they couldn't find which one and they couldn't reproduce the problem. I find this hard to believe and am very angry and am willing to go to another dealership. The problem is the next closest dealership is highway driving and I don't want to chance that again.

Has anyone experienced my problems, and if so what steps did you or the service person do to fix it? I'm pretty pissed, I only have 6000 miles on this car.

Any ideas?
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "It also shifts very slowly between gears to the point where on my way to work this morning it actually slipped and didn't shift and I almost got into an accident"

I'm assuming that from your saying "it" didn't shift, you have an automatic. If you do, your transmission does not shift at all--it is, as its name implies, continuously variable--simply stated, a metal belt riding up and down on pulleys between two cones, with the belts riding up and down in small increments which gives a seamless, shiftless drive.

As far as the other part, computer-controlled engines are sometimes very frustrating--the slightest problem with a sensor can cause all kinds of drivability problems--not like in the mechanical old days when a problem presented itself for all the world to see. Good luck!
  • craig367craig367 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up on Thurs. and I really enjoy driving this car. Very quick for a 4 cylinder, comfortable interior. I'm getting used to the light steering. I had a 2006 accord coupe and they really are quite different. Smaller and lighter equals better mileage. I located one with pzev emissions, which was a bit of a challenge, so the car is a nice combo of green and fun. Maybe one of the best available.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    my 03 murano needed a new gas cap at about 35000 miles. my new altima's gas cap seems to loosen on its own, sometimes i can tighten it and the light goes off, sometimes i can't and it stays on.

anyone else having issues with nissan gas caps.

the dealer is taking its time replacing the altima's cap.

thanks, rr70
  • wsbkp08wsbkp08 Member Posts: 1
    I bought 08 altima coupe 3.5se recently, a used one.
    It runs great and I abs. love it.
    however, i noticed one small problem, yet annoying.
    Whenever I go on a bumpy road, from my bose stereo (rear right back) I hear this not rattling noise, but lil static, squeaking noise. I dont know how to explain it, but it sounds like a fly buzzing or a rock or a plastic running around inside of my stereo. Thats what it sounds like...
    It is really annoying and I want to fix it.
    I tried everything, I super glued the bose logo, bc i heard some ppl said it was that
    I know it isnt from the rear seat, bc I heard when I put rear seat down..
    I really dont wanna go to a dealership, but wanna to fix it by myself.
    Anyone has any idea???
  • ljacobsonljacobson Member Posts: 8
    Did you ever figure out what that was, because I have the same problem?
This discussion has been closed.