Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I Wish I Had Never Gotten Rid Of My...

2»

Comments

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    sounds like a comment from someone who never owned one. regarding the '96 the suspension was a bit cluncky, transmission could have been a bit smoother, but other than that, it was a pretty good car. great startup sound.
    there was no such thing as an sho that was not a lot of fun to drive. had an '89, '92 auto and 96. my wife actually drove the '96. i traded the '92 because it was such a sick machine. i just to back it down a few notches.
    actually, the car i wish i had kept was an '86 mustang gt 5 speed. dodn't make the same mistake with my '91. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    mako1amako1a Member Posts: 1,855
    My favorite was a 1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme. White leather, white top and factory green metalflake paint. Stupid me traded it for a 1977 Pontiac Firebird because I liked the new square headlights. V8 yes, but nowhere as much a head turner as the Olds. I searched for years for that Olds with no success.
    I inherited the 67Camaro 327 4 speed along with many other fine cars from my dad. In an effort to regain karma I discovered the original owner of the Camaro (which my dad had restored nicely) was a pallbearer at his funeral. I called him and offered to give it back to him. No charge just come get it and I sign the title to him. The state of Ohio actually sent me a letter asking the "real" sale price cause they thought he was avoiding taxes. He was a distant fringe relative that upon hearing of his new car could only utter a barely discernable Thank You into the phone. It wasn't about the money value. It was about the guy with my 71 Olds maybe, just maybe reading this and calling to say "you want your Cutlass back? Yesss! Dave

2013 Mustang GT, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• Options
    emmanuelchokeemmanuelchoke Member Posts: 97
    The 96-99 SHO suffered from comparison to its earlier siblings. Critics said they generally liked it, but it wasn't as exciting as before. Basically it had become TOO civilized. Also the 24V duratech offered similar performance for less money. The unfortunate redesign hurt all Taurus sales.

Agree on the Mustang. I owned an 85 GT, last year of the carburetor. Good performance, fabulous sound track. In an act of maturity (which didn't last) I traded it for a Festiva. I know, I know.
  • Options
    emmanuelchokeemmanuelchoke Member Posts: 97
    That's one of the kindest things I've read lately. You can definetly cross that one off your list, even if you do get the Cutlass back.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    the biggest problem with the gen 3 sho was it's price, along with the other stuff i mentioned earlier.
    overall it was a good car.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    While I'm a great believer in the old saying that what goes around comes around, I think you might be doing some wishful thinking here.

Still, a nice story is always welcome.

I once got one of those tax letters. What idiots they are -they not only expected me to fill out their damn form but pay the postage for me to return it to them! Yeah, right. Right into the circular file it went.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is interested in talking with "baby boomers" about their relationships with the cars they have owned over the course of their lifetimes so far. Did you love or hate your first car? Did you do something especially fun with or in your car? Did you buy a modern Edsel you were later embarassed to admit you ever owned? How did your cars define your lifestyle and/or your personal image at a point in time? This is an opportunity to share your favorite car stories, boomers! Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than February 21, 2007 with your daytime contact information and a brief summary of the memory you care to share.
  • Options
    hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    Most people who were able to take advantage for C4C feel happy and lucky. But maybe not everyone. Some who rushed to get in before the deadline may not be thrilled about the hasty decision they made. Others may have come to realize, in the metaphorical "morning after," that the dealer got the best deal, not the customer. Would anyone who now wishes he/she had never heard about C4C care to tell about their experience?
This discussion has been closed.