Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

TrailBlazer Wheels and Tires

breitzellbreitzell Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
First question: I have a 2005 Trailblazer ls with a third row of seats. Is this an EXT?

Second question: I want to customize my Trailblazer with some new wheels and tires, but the more I research, I am being told that the Trailblazers have an odd bolt pattern of 6x5. What is normal? How do I remedy this to be able to get the size of wheel I want?

Comments

• jworkmanjworkman Member Posts: 27
    Another heads up for you TB owners..all years. Turn your front wheels all the way in either direction, and check out your front tires. If they seem to be wearing funny, or wearing more on the inside, YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT. I have had to had my 02 aligned twice in the last 20,000 miles, and it has severely affected the life of my tires ( Goodyear Trackers, which pretty much suck anyway). Not only do mine toe out pretty bad, but the caster and camber get waaay out to. And the funny thing is, it has never pulled while driving or braking. My only indication was the funky tire wear, and by then it is really too late. Other than that, and the fact that my sunglasses are always getting hung up in the overhead console, I'm still diggin my TB. Oh, and I am seriously considering slapping some Yokohama tires on it....they rate as high or higher than Michelin', for about 2/3 the price. Is anybody else running Yoko's on their TB?
  • jworkmanjworkman Member Posts: 27
    Put The Yokohamas on the TB a few weeks ago...Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 255/75/16, to be exact. I LOVE THEM! I researched these tires for several months before buying them on tirerack.com, and I am glad I made the decision to go with them. They are slightly larger than stock, but I bought my TB used with the same size Goodyear Trackers on them. By the way, the Goodyears were junk, I don't even think they make the Tracker anymore. I have no clearance problems, the TB sits just a little higher, and corners like it is on RAILS! Right after I got the Yokos, we had some pretty heavy rains, and I could NOT get the Yokos to break loose or hydroplane...and I TRIED! The Yokos look knobby and tough, have virtually NO road noise, and ride like a Caddilac (well...if Caddilac could develop a ride system that wasn't crap...) Plus, the outlined white letters look really cool on my black LT.

And, I thought my TB was kinda weak as a 4WD...until I got into some muck with the Yokos....I LOVE THEM! But, keeping them shiny with armor-all is kinda eating into my finances...hahaha.
  • greddengredden Member Posts: 30
    Okay. I need to replacement tires for my 2005 Trailblazer. I have been looking all over Google for reveiws. I don't want to spend a lot, but I want something that wears good, rides quite and gives good traction in rain and snow. I have been looking at the Firestone Destination and the Definity Dakota H/T from Pep Boys. Does anyone out there know anything about these tires, or have any other suggestions?
  • sparty2629sparty2629 Member Posts: 2
    I found out that there was a recall in 2006 for the Trailblazer ext ls regarding the tire pressure that was inaccurately marked on the vehicle. I was never informed. I have turned in my Trailblazer, because of the gas mileage, but they are coming at me for excessive wear on three of the tires. Could this wear be caused by the overinflation of the tires? I didn't even have the car for 2 1/2 years and they say the tires are bald! Anybody have a similar problem and how did you deal with it? Thanks
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Time has nothing to do with it. How many miles are on the tires?
  • sparty2629sparty2629 Member Posts: 2
    There are 32,500 miles.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Well, without knowing the model tire and it's ratings, that does sound premature. Had the tires been rotated regularly?
  • 10point10point Member Posts: 3
    Have a 99 blazer and I need new tires. Do some off roading while hunting but not much. Tire barn had recommended a Goodyear wrangler but I am not sure those are really that good. Any recommendations?
  • black99tbblack99tb Member Posts: 1
    I have 1999 Trailblazer, i'd like to install 265 45 18 wheel and tires. Is that ok? im looking for looks and handling.

Im also get a sneaky noise from the rear suspension, could it be the bushings from the leaf springs and/or the leakages bushings of the sway bar?

Thanks.
    Jim
This discussion has been closed.