Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rear Window Pops Open When Placed In Park

dansk4dansk4 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
My girlfriend has been having this problem for the last year with her 2005 Chevy Blazer where she puts the truck in park (auto tranny obviously) and the rear window latch will pop open. It has been to the dealer 5 or 6 times for this problem and they have replaced the latch/switch 2 or 3 times but now they say they won't replace it anymore and that it's because the latch gets dirty that it does this. The most they will do now is clean it. That sounds like a line they're feeding us. How can dirt getting in a latch cause it to only pop open when the truck is placed in park? This problem seems to re-occur every 2 months.

Comments

• Options
    dansk4dansk4 Member Posts: 2
    Slight update. It seems that the button gets stuck in the pushed in position. So I guess the problem has nothing to do with the truck being put in park, more the button always getting stuck pushed in.
  • Options
    repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    You got it - the button only works in park so if the switch is depressed always when you put it in park - pop.
    Sorry, tell the service manager you want the zone rep consulted now and this fixed and stop the BS. There is also a unit in the rear so did they look at that or too lazy! If this is the full rear hatch model then disconnect the switch till its fixed and use the hatch (I never pop that window open).
This discussion has been closed.