Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• elamelam Member Posts: 17
    IDonner-

I forgot to mention that the chain in the transfercase will be next. All of the jerking that is caused by the stability control lead to the failure of our transfer case. So funny, the GM dealer said they had no idea of what the problem was, but offered to fix it for $1800. I asked, so if you do not take it apart and look to find the problem, how can you provide a fixed price to fix it? They were speechless. Of course, GM had a taillight warranty (when you cannot see the tailights, the warranty is over), so I ultimatley took it to a professional that just does transmissions, and obtain a long term warranty.

GM- If you love the car so much, I will sell you mine. Not a thing wrong with it!! Ha!!!!!!!! I do not drive it (for fear of getting killed), but as soon as I can find a buyer (as is where is) its gone. Come on GM- make me an offer!!!!!!!!!!
  • ldonnerldonner Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the heads-up. Has anyone ever alerted the media? Maybe if these issues were made public, we would get some action? I'm sure people would like to be forewarned that if they are ever driving behind me, my engine might shut off...or my car my suddenly jolt into oncoming traffic.
  • justbeingmejustbeingme Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, maybe that will work, because my stability system message is on everyday, took it to the cadillac dealership, they lied to me and told me that they did a DT on it. Come to find out they didn't, which was told by the CSR when she was calling for feedback on how the service was the last time I visited. It's funny, everyone is having the same exact problems. Maybe we should take it to the media and maybe the cadillac dealership or whoever would do more.
  • justbeingmejustbeingme Member Posts: 2
    I love my truck, because it looks gud on the outside, if I knew that all these problems would occur, I would have kept my Impala. Cadillac dealership, what a rip off. Can't trust anyone to fix the problem RIGHT. They are just in it for the money, not to have satisfied customers-and that's what makes a company, the satisfied customers.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    justbeingme,

Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me the case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    CSmith2011-What did I tell you? GM cust Serv will now try to get you to be quite. Get ready for the discount off of a new GM (Government Motors) vehicle. I still have my SRX peice of crap, just can't seem to get rid of it. And GM certaily offered no help in repairs. Thanks, GM! Your actions really told me (and I do share it) what you are all about. In my opion- deception...

Greg
  • juanitamhjuanitamh Member Posts: 1
    Hello Idonner,

I totally feel your pain and understand your frustrations as I am having the exact same problems even after several repairs. I don't understand why cadillac has not had a recall on this part/issue. This truck has been an absolute nightmare!!!!
    juanitamh,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Did you have the repairs done at a GM dealership?

Thank you,
    juanitamh-As stated in earlier comments, GM Customer Service monitors this site. I too have no idea why they have not placed a recall, or at a minimum make certain repairs. [In my opinion] they only monitor the site to catch you and get you off the comment board, making some ha;l [non-permissible content removed] attempt of looking like they actually care. As bad as the accidents were with the SXR that killed a few people, maybe at a minimum, all of the complaints sets forth grounds for the legal team of these families to dig into GM's real problem. It is alltoo convenient that evey GM service department "has no clue" what the problem is. As mentioned in my earlier comments, while they had no clude what the Stability problem was, they were all over it when the transfer case failed (as a result of the jerking) Ironically, they knew what was wrong and provided a price to repair without ever touching it. I guess they have ESP. It Ffiled with less than 100,000 miles, but they claim the time had elasped. GM was absolutely useless in this process. Just be forwarned about their process, especially just wearing you out. Rather than the mental stress- I just bought a new Ford. I still have the car though. Seem as if its not a great resale, especially as everyone that reads these sites and sees all of the complaints about the SRX and GM in general. Thanks Caron and GM for all your shennanigans........
  • madcadownermadcadowner Member Posts: 1
    I , as everyone else, have had most all of the same things go wrong with my 04 SRX. Unfortunately I am not in the position to sink this kind of money into this car any longer. Since having the transfer case replaced I have been having electrical issue codes coming up. Have started with the least expensive and worked my way up. Today I bouhgt a new battery and this will be my final purchase in repairs for this car. I am sick of it. This was my first purchase of a Caddy and will definetly be my last...
  • mskatzymskatzy Member Posts: 3
    I bought my SRX 2004 new and loved if for the first six months. Now, I have no tail lights, so I don't drive at night, no turn signals in the front, the check engine light is always on, and it now says that the monitor needs servicing. Oh did I also mention that my 3rd row seat will no longer come up. This car is the biggest lemon that I have ever had. I plan on getting everything repaired shortly as I can't afford to purchase a new car right now. But, Cadillac has lost a good customer. I always felt like they were taking me for a ride when I would take it to the dealer, funny thing is I have not been able to find anybody else that will touch this thing.....I am just so disappointed, and they wonder why people buy foreign cars.
  • windfordwindford Member Posts: 3
    I'd pretty much shelved my 2004 SRX, but due to a small accident my wife's 2010 VW Jetta is in the body shop so she's driving the SRX to work. This morning I went to go put gas in the car forgot to deactivate the stability control
    and it activated on dry pavement jerked me to the side of the road all most hit a group of Jr. High kids walking to school. I turned back for home put the car in the garage and drove my wife to work. I know GM-Cadillac's plan is to wait out all of us owners of SRX's they're playing a dangerous game with peoples lives. I already filed a compliant with the FEds little good that has done I guess someone will have to lose their life before the right thing is done. GM needs to the right thing and buy the SRX's back.
  • rabncrabnc Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Has anyone experienced a problem with the 2011 Cadillac SRX Stability system. This morning I was driving in to work and it felt like I hit a bump in the road and all of a sudden my car started slowing down and the display said "Service Stability Control System" and when I tried to accelerate it would not do anything. I have to steer it into a middle lane out of traffic and restart it before it would accerlerate again. I am just thankful that I was not on the interstate in rush hour traffic. I took it into the dealership this morning after it happened and they seemed to be stunned that this happened, but when I read these posts, it seems like it is not a new issue. Does anyone have any information?
    rabnc,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • pycklespyckles Member Posts: 3
    I have been watching this forum for a year now and I have yet to see a posting where GM has done anything to help any of the people with their stability problems. Now Caron is apologizing and asking to be kept posted of a good outcome?? The nerve! My SRX has been parked for over a year waiting for some kind of resolution to anyone on this forum. Now we have to get things fixed on our own and let them know? GOOD LUCK rabnc! :mad:
  • rriderrrider Member Posts: 9
    DITTO.....
    pyckles,
    Caron is asking for feedback and updates, not just positive, on what is going on with the dealer and the concerns. This way if the dealer is having problems fixing the concerns she can set up a case with Customer Assistance. I apologize for your frustration. Please feel free to email us the information and we will be happy to look into your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • rriderrrider Member Posts: 9
    dont waste your time....if you search this thread and the many others you will find the same story....you will end up with an offer to buy another cadillac and a 1500.00 credit. i am still waiting for someone with enough money to hire an attorney and file a class action law suit.
    these delaerships will all give you the same story..." we have not heard about this before", or "it is the sensor in the steering column" or "you need new brakes" or " the air bags (shocks) need replacing" or......... and inevitably it will cost you literally thousands of dollars and a boat load of grief.

GET RID OF IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
  • indylindyl Member Posts: 3
    In March (see in Forum) we had the ECM replaced (about a month after the throttle body was replaced). So far, it's been fine. My biggest frustration was the Chevy dealership (and anyone else) can't rely on Cadillac customer service to help resolve the problem. At some point we'll be getting a replacement, but with the government ownership on top of the service issues (including closing our closest Caddy dealer), it will be time to end our GM relationship.
  • clwaffclwaff Member Posts: 1
    Three times in the past 2 weeks I have had this happen to me with my 2004 SRX!!! I have 3 young children who it scared, I almost got rear ended because of it at 70 mph because the" traction control" light came on while going up a hill, my car wouldn't excellerate it started shaking while trying to get pulled to the side of the road safely... I turned off the vehicle and turned it back on and the vehicle was fine, after that its happened two more times!!! GM just replace my transfer case as well and It only has 85K on it, not even 100k yet, I tell you what, when I get rid of this POS car I will be taking my buisness elsewhere!!
  • rabncrabnc Member Posts: 2
    I took my 2010 Cadillac into the dealership the day it happened the first time and they determined that the control selinoid (spelling?) had broken and even though my car did start accelerating again, they did not want me to drive it due to safety issues. They told me that they had never seen the control Selinoid break and it took about a week and a half to get the part. i think my problem is a bit different than some of the issues I have seen reported. Even though mine has been fixed, I still think about it going dowm the road. I know that freak things happen that I pray my issues are fixed and I must say that I was completely satisfied with my dealership and the way it was handled. If anyone has this happen, I would not wait, I would get it checked immediately because it is very dangerous.
  • sam206sam206 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the tip on how to shut the stability system off. I literally drove to work this morning with my brakes on. Stability system engaged message came on every 30 seconds. I was getting pretty nervous by the time I got to work. My dealer is going to have a look at the vehicle to see what the problem is. Had it in there two weeks ago because the check stability system message came on two or three times and they couldn't find anything wrong. I am thinking buying this SRX was a big mistake from reading all the messages on this site.
  • njtotnnjtotn Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on how to turn it off. I purchased a 2004 SRX last week. The car is beautiful and I can tell that the previous owner took great care of the vehicle. However, I noticed this issue within the last 3 days and was not quite sure what the problem was until I found this forum. It seems as if it is more dangerous to drive with the stability control "on" than "off". How long can I drive with it "off" before I need to get the car serviced? Also, how can I insure that the problem will be corrected if and when serviced?
  • hydrophabehydrophabe Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same issue with the SRX for the past few months, but when I take it to get serviced "there is nothing wrong with it" now pay. This morning it happened the worst ever, it felt as if I had a flat tire and had run out of gas at the same time. The SRX started shaking really bad and swerved to the right, right in front of a school bus. Mind you this was on the freeway going 62, thankfully the bus driver slammed on the breaks and avoided me. I don't plan on driving it again, can you imagine these kids going to school, and several of them ending up dead, just because GM cannot step up and fix what they designed. I've always loved GM, but this has gone too far. I will rather drive an import than end up causing someone to lose their life, or end up losing mine or that of one of mine.
  • blair11blair11 Member Posts: 1
    WOW....never thought there are so many others with the stability system problem.
    Light comes on several times during the day and this was the first time the car slowed down on the the road. Scary
  • bren95bren95 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a new '11 Srx yesterday, we left the dealership and went a few blocks away then right back to the dealership. Once the vehicle was above around 40-45 mph any change in the road level caused the vehicle to sway or feel like the rear was trying to swerve on its own! It literally made us dizzy sick! The service dept put it on diagnostics saying they had never heard of this before. They said the "tow in" was off a little so it was adjusted. The service person and us drove it after and only got to a freeway offramp before a "what the h*ll was that!?" Came out of the mouth of the service person after it happened again only really bad this time. We went back to the dealership. They are supposed to be contacting GM engineers to find out what the issues is. NO we didn't buy it, but I wished I would have seen these postings before wasting our time.
  • sharlette1sharlette1 Member Posts: 1
    How do you turn the stability system off? I'm driving my family 600mi. for xmas holiday, think we'll make it?
  • rrickeyrrickey Member Posts: 1
    Is this problem mostly 2004? We are looking to buy 2007 or 2008.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    For the 2004 SRX, you can turn the stability system off by pressing the TC button located near the shift lever. If you press the button once, the traction control system will turn off and the warning light will go on. If you press and hold the button for five seconds, the Stabilitrak system and the traction control system will turn off. To turn it back on, just press the button. (page 4-10 in the owner's manual).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • meme72meme72 Member Posts: 1
    I was in an accident due to 'service my stability system'! The light came on and for few seconds I couldn't control the vehicle and hit a snow bank! THE CODE SOMEHOW VANISHED OFF MY CAR AT THE DEALERSHIP!!! Thankfully, I hit on star and had them run a diagnostics at the time of the incident. So I thought when the code had vanished into thin air that there wouldn't be a problem considering on star had it documented. I CALLED GM AND TOLD THEM THIS AND I WAS TOLD (HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT FOR THIS ONE) THAT THEY NEVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING AND THAT ON STAR IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION!!!!! They put in in all of their vehicle but it is not reliable!?? I am willing to hire a lawyer! Anyone that has a 2011 SRX with any stability control problems is more than welcome to join me at no cost to you! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT meg6_1@hotmail.com IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED! IN THE SUBJECT LINE PLEASE WRITE SRX PROBLEMS! Lets stop getting pushed around by a big company that we have all paid good money for their product!
    I'm glad that you're okay after the accident. When you contacted GM, was it Customer Assistance? Did you have an SR# issued to you?

Please contact us with more information on this situation, and if you could, also include your name and contact information/last 8 of the VIN.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ys81001ys81001 Member Posts: 1
    I just had the message when I pass through a thin icy area close to my home. After I stopped at my drive way, picked up stuff, then turn the engine back on, the message disappeared.
    Is this message going to pop up again if I pass through another icy area, I am afraid I could not re-produce the message for dealership as ice melt quickly in today's temprature. But I don't want to wait for another snow and get bigger trouble.
    Also, if I lose control and have to turn off T/C and stability control entirely, how long can I drive safely in this setting? I would rather not use it when it is not reliable. BTW, I have 2004 SRX V6.
    Thanks!
  • truck171truck171 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 SRX Cadillac and just had a scary experience on this past Sunday driving on rte 495 near Billerica Massachusetts. Driving 65mph, all of a sudden my car felt like it was nose diving and instantly lowered to around 40mph. So abrupt my daughter awoke from a nap. Sluggish, was getting no power and I had to head to the breakdown lane immediately. Lights displayed on dash were the parking brake light, stability light, wording on the center display with a wrench and the engine light on the right. Lucky I was not hit from behind. I turned car off. Re started, lights remained, I manually hit the parking brake button and the stability button and the lights went out. The engine light stayed on until I arrived home. When I re started in the morning all lights were off. It is sitting in the dealers right now getting looked at. Scary and I hope they find what is wrong with this!
    I am thankful that everybody is still safe, and am interested to hear how the diagnosis at the dealership goes. Please post an update when you know more, and if you would like further assistance, send us an email with more information (including your name/username, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and involved dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • wawy305wawy305 Member Posts: 2
    Just left the dealership as my wife was at a red light and her 2010 SRX started stalling as if it wanted to shut down. She got the same lights as everyone else and the same message. I explained to the service guy who told me that "nothing was wrong with the car", their had to be something wrong as this is a new car and my wife is not looney. He stated they put it on the diagnostic machine and there were no problems at all. On top of that, he stated that they had never heard of this from anyone else. Funny thing is, when my wife was dropping off her car. There was another woman pulling in that said the exact same thing had just happened to her and she was in a 2011. It appears to me that GM is reluctant to do a mass recall in an attempt to avoid the negative publicity. My hang-up is that they are going to wait until someone loses their life before they take action. Didn't Toyota just have a similar issue about 2 years ago??
  • wawy305wawy305 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,
    Is GM going to do something about this????? These are just isolated issues with older models. I'm seeing this from 2004-2011. I just left the dealership this morning and could get no answers. The exact same thing that has happened to the other, occurred with my wife 2 days ago. Luckily, she was at a red light and already stopped. We live in Miami Florida and the traffic is horrific here so for that vehicle to fail her at any time could be tragic. How long is GM going to ignore this issue?????
  • aljimboaljimbo Member Posts: 5
    BOUGHT SRX NEW IN 2004. MY PROBLEMS WILL NOT NECESSARY BE IN PROPER SEQUENCE-------. REPLACED FRONT WHEEL BEARING (LEFT AT 85K MILES)($602.41)., REPLACED RIGHT FRONT WHEEL BEARING AT 81K MILES($581.15). REPLACED REAR DIFFERENTIAL FRONT BUSHING $855.16)AT 80K MILES, REPLACED BAD BATTERY UNDER WARRANTY, REPLACED TAIL GATE SEAL TO DRY UP REAR OF CAR ($150.00)(SELF INSTALLED) , REPLACED MONITORING SYSTEM(WARRANTY), REPLACED BOTH CATALYTIC CONVERTERS ( WARRANTY) REPAIRED TORQUE CONVERTER ( WARRANTY), REPLACED TOTAL OF 4 SIGNAL BULBS, BOTH REAR DOOR WINDOWS FELL INTO DOOR AT DIFFERENT TIMES, REPLACED PASSENGER SEAT LEVER TWICE AT $66.00 EA.

CURRENT PROBLEM IS STABELIZER CONTROL MESSAGE WHICH IS NOT FALSE, CAR ACTS LIKE I HAVE RUN OVER THE RUMBLE STRIPS FOR A FEW SECONDS, VERY SCARY AND DANGEROUS. WILL NOT LET FAMILY DRIVE VEHICLE.

CAR RUNNING AS NORMAL BEFORE FILLING GAS TANK,AS REQUIRED I SHUT DOWN WHILE FILLING AND IT WILL NOT RE START FOR SEVERAL MINUTES. AFTER FINALLY GETTING IT STARTED, IT RUNS FINE UNTIL NEXT FILL UP. HAPPENED EIGHT TIMES STRAIGHT. CAN NOT SHUT CAR OFF DURING REFILLS OR WILL NOT START.

NOW, LEFT CAR AT DEALERS ONLY TO HEAR THAT THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG. AFTER READING DANGERS OF DRIVING THE CAR, I REFUSED TO TAKE CAR OFF THE LOT, NOT UNDER WARRANTY, BUT THOUGHT THIS WAS THE CORRECT MOVE AT THE TIME. AFTER THREE OR FOUR DAYS, I CALLED THE DEALER TECH, AND AFTER ASKING WHAT WAS HAPPENING, HE TOLD ME TO BRING MY CAR IN AND THEY WOULD LOOK AT IT. THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE DRIVING THE CAR FOR THIS ANALYSIS. I FINALLY TOOK CAR BACK AFTER BEING TOLD THAT THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
    CAR ( SRX) SITS AWAITING A DECISION AS TO WHAT TO DO, CAN'T TRADE NOW, THOUGHT I WAS BUYING THE BEST FOR WIFE TO HAVE IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ME. THIS IS CADILLAC NO. FIVE, WHERE TO GO , GUESS IT'S TO THE KIA DEALER . SPENT SO MUCH ON THE CADILLAC THAT KIA IS ALL I CAN AFFORD. THANKS A LOT GM, MY FAMILY (21 TOTAL) ARE WAITING FOR ME TO PASS SO THAT THEY CAN JUNK THE CAR THAT I HAVE SPENT HOURS AND HOURS CLEANING, POLISHING AND BABYING . IT LOOKS FINE,LOTS OF COMPLIMENTS, BUT THE ONLOOKER IS DISCOURAGED FROM THE GM BRAND BY ME AND MY OFFSPRING.

THANKS FOR LISTENING
  • garrbosrgarrbosr Member Posts: 1
    I was on the Belt Parkway yesterday on the edge of Queens where the Cross Island and belt split, heading east into the tunnel overpass. A few miles back I became aware the car was strongly over compensating in the turns . I even checked tire pressure in all 4 tires, w/ reads of 36,35,35,32. I have all new expensive tires with less than 5,000 mi. I knew the reads were a bit high cause I filled on a cold day when it alerted me low pressure. I was going to pull over at first chance to let some air out ,, no time now Im coming up on the turn where the overpass tunnel is, going east, baring to the rite, Im in the rite lane of the left split, I slowed down to around 45, I was prepared , I entered the turn both hands on the wheel, its was a little rutty there and a little pot hole. NY roads rite !!The car lunged into the turn, almost hitting the rite hand wall, I was barely able to keep the car off the wall on the rite with a slight correction SLIGHT, , . But the next move was to violently swerve to the left as it over compensated for my correction immediately coming back and into a full broadside to the left, clipping the car coming by on the left, with my front L corner and taking out her rear bumper, somewhat righting my car but slamming me into the East West divider wall, taking out the entire rite side and breaking the rear left axle. With all the High priced high end suspension, steering, TCS, Anti Lock Breaking this car should in no way ever reacted this way. Its designed to prevent this exact scenario ! EVERYTHING FAILED !, No Warning, No lights just BAM Totaly out of control, Slam Bam Boom!! Are you kidding Me! I mean WTF. I asked the road crew they said they've heard of XRS problems before and they believe I can request from our INS agent a investigation which would involve engineers coming to inspect, Id like some input here I know and trust Edmonds and have read some of the other post, I guess this is not unheard of ?? Any thoughts? Please speak up,, Gary
    link">I AM THE AUTHOR OF MSG. # 190 & 191. IT IS ALMOST TIME TO TAKE OUR ANNUAL 1,500 TRIP FROM FLORIDA TO NEW YORK. I OWN AN AUTOMOBILE THAT I DARE NOT TAKE AROUND THE BLOCK LET ALONE ON A 1,500 MILE TRIP. I AM NOW FORCED TO FIND STORAGE FOR THE SRX AND TAKE AN ALTERNATE MEANS OF TRAVEL TO NEW YORK. THIS IS AN EXPENSE THAT I BLAME COMPLETELY ON THE LACK OF SUPPORT FROM GM AND THEIR LACK OF INTEREST IN THE WELL BEING OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. AM I TO DUMP THIS GEORGOUS LOOKING CAR ONTO AN UNSUPCTING INDIVIDUAL OR ONTO A DEALER WHO WILL IN TURN DUMP IT ON A CUSTOMER WITH NO THOUGHTS OR KINOWLEDGE OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR.

I AM NOT BUILT THIS WAY, I CAN NOT KNOWLINGLY PASS THIS CAR ONTO ANOTHER DRIVER WHO MAY GO OUT AND KILL HIMSELF AND /OR OTHERS. THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE GOOD GUY COMING IN LAST. HAS ANYBODY GOT A SOLUTION FOR MY SAD TALE?????I HAVE LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO " GET ER DONE" OR JUNK IT. AGAIN, REFERENCE MESSAGE NO. 190&191.
  • gm_bigotgm_bigot Member Posts: 20
    My wife was driving home from work this afternoon when her 2010 SRX with 24K miles briefly shuddered and then displayed a "Service Stabilitrak" message. Back to the dealer we go. Has anyone figured out exactly what the issue is regarding these malfunctions?
    gm_bigot,
    Thank you for taking the time to post. Can you please email me directly with your VIN and current mileage? Have you been to the dealer for this before? I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    If you look at my and other past posts, you will see that this is GM's typical response to get you to stop posting. A refresher: GM will ask you to contact them, and when you do they will put you through the paces, ultimately letting you know they cannot assist, but will offer you a discount on a "new" car.

Actually, I literally had a GM Cadillac rep call me just to tell me they would not cover the system stability tracker.

While I wish no one any harm, it will happen. And when it does, I hope the lawyers all look at these postings to see that GM has known about this tracker problem for a long time!!!
  • hoopdaddy1hoopdaddy1 Member Posts: 6
    Have owned the 04 SRX since it had 20K miles, it now has 81K miles. For the last year the "Service Stability System" message or "Stability System Engaged" message appears. the problem started out to be about once a month and has progressively gotten worse. Had it in the GM shop, had the usual steering wheel sensor error code. The dealer did some more checking to the point of where the dealer installed a data recorder. The recorder showed the problem was the "EBCM" (electronic brake control module) and a reprogram of the system had to be done. The dealer installed the new EBCM ($1150.00) and said it was fixed. A mile out of the shop, the stability system engaged. The car is doing the exact same thing as before. The data recorder was re-installed and has collected the data. we are currently awaiting the results of this round . The dealer has said the tires, breaks, rotors, and all parts that have been mentioned in other posts are good. So far when the anti-lock brakes engae, it has not caused a wreck. I have noticed, the system engages primarily when doing 40 - 60 mph. I will post more when I have additional info.
    For everyone monitoring the site and other posts. I have found turning off the traction control does not work. Everything still happens.
    Hoopdaddy1- the next problem you are likey to have will be the failure oif the transfer case. the dealer will tell you it has nothing to do with the stability system issues, but they will quickly have a remedy for you. I believe the fee they wanted was just uinder $2000 and no warranty. I had the transfer case replaced with a Jasper rebuilt on and it has an warranty that is transferrable. Not to mention that the jasper replacement was a few hundred dollars less, which included the warranty.

again- If GM Customer Service has not yet contacted you, they will. They will try to get your attention so you no longer post. they will also run you through the mill, and ultimatley tell you its not covered, but they will be generous to offer you a $1500 credit on a new one. hah!!

Oh- for any of you out there that had a catalytic converter failure- GM will tell you there is no recall, leaving you to believe that this huge expense will be all yours. I kept pushing and finally the GM rep admitted there was a "service Bulletin" which they will cover the Catalytic Converter for 200,000 miles. They replaced one eventhough both were failing. Within 50 miles of leaving the dealer with only one catalytic converter (brilliant GM) relaced, the other completely failed again, leaving my wife anc child stranded on the hwy again. reluctantly, they agreed to replace the second failed catalytic converter.

And they wonder why I (or anyone) has swore never to buy another GM product again.... And the lies by GM go on....
    I am interested to hear more, including your interest to pursue this, as I have contacted an attorney that does class action suits and has expressed an interest in this. You are correct, all of Gm's B$#% S%$@ that they have never heard of this. That is the same BS that the dealer gave me for this and the transfer case failure.

I will not let my wife drive the car for fear of an accident. GM could care less what happens to people driving this car, as GM Cust Serv (Sarah) moniters this sight and knows all too well of the many incidents, but chooses to attached each customer in an attempt to shut them up.

Please e-mail me at gelam@stepresources.com
    I am the author of message no. 190,191 and 193. Here I am , still running with the 04 SRX. In defense of the SRX, the radio and AC still work. Car still looks good but you can't get far on looks alone. I expect that one day soon, the car will be in a museum with a sign defining the difference between looks and function. Of course, the car got to the museum via a wrecker.
  • 04blacksrx04blacksrx Member Posts: 1
    I too own a 2004 Cadillac SRX V8. Purchased this car with only 29,000 miles on it last year and within the last two months the Stability Control System has started to engage at speeds between 40 and 60 miles per hour with 70 degree weather and completely clear and dry roads. It always jerks the car to the left and there is a howling noise temporarily in the left rear wheel well. If it happens while braking you are just about screwed as the car will not stop. Turning off the traction control system does not stop this from happening. Just wanted to add my two cents worth as so many people including myself are pursing legal action.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse I now have the Feared Catalytic converter failure happening. The check engine light came on and I was told it needed a tune-up with only 35,000 miles on it! Really!? It showed a multiple random misfire, hesitates and lost power. On the way home from the dealer it got worse and while idling in my driveway I say chunks of the catalytic converter get spit out of the shiny chrome exhaust tips!!!

What did I get myself into with this car?

Good Luck!

:sick:
    I am the author of posts 197 & 198. The car is now on the 3rd time for the installation of the data recorder. The service manager is telling me there are 3 lists of items they can collect data about the stability/braking system. Supposedly this will be the last time for this. Service manager is confident they will be able to fix the problem. Sad to say, based on past experience, I DOUBT IT. Looking forward to hearing what they have to offer for a fix.