Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

resale value 07 tahoe

gsesteagagsesteaga Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I bought an 07 tahoe 9mon. ago LT3 EXTRA OPTIONS 20in polished aluminum wheels, 3 passenger 3rd row seat , 2 row bucket seats, power lift gate with glass,locking rear differential, rear axlr3.73, rain sensing wipers. I need to trade it I because I need 2nd row bench seat due to new baby. I have gone to the dealer and they want to give me 31,000 and I owe 38,000 on it and am not sure if this is a good offer because there is no blue book for used 07 vehicles. Could anyone with experience in this matter please HELP!!!! My Tahoe has 10,000 miles

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Have you considered aftermarket seats?

tidester, host
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Actually, if you look around at what similar ones are selling for used, $31k to maybe $32k sounds just right to me, since they'd likely then put it on their lot for around $33-35k.

Really stinks that you're going to be in the negative, but the other option would be to swap the seats, but that could be a little more complicated now with the new design (I knew people with the last gen trucks that did it), beyond just trying to find someone to swap with.

Makes you kick yourself for not finding one with the bench in the first place, huh?
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    I need to trade it I because I need 2nd row bench seat due to new baby
    Don't know if you've checked, but I see full bench seats for '07 vehicles on eBay. They are from custome shops that are just pulling them out. From $200 to $500 from time to to time. I have an '07 Esc that I would like a bench for, but my interior is black, and I haven't yet seen a black set for sale.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Yep. Tahoe and Yukon in the sunday ads are being discounted (with rebates I assume) as much as $7000 and start out at less than $30K for the low end. I saw a new '07 Suburban for maybe $32K or so in there as well. Not sure what the MSRP or invoice was on your LT3, but with 10K miles on it there is no way to get out easy.

About the only option other than replacing the buckets with bench might be to try and sell it yourself...normally you might get $2-3K more selling it yourself than trading.
  • hchihchi Member Posts: 8
    i have a 2007 yukon, black leather 2nd row bench, willing to trade for 2nd row buckets. let me know-out in california-central.
  • gsesteagagsesteaga Member Posts: 4
    so my seats are light gray. Thanks
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Try looking at it this way.... you will be paying $7000 for extra seats if you trade it in.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Curious...a rear facing car seat doesn't fit in the 2nd row bucket seats? Or do you need that additional seat in the 2nd row?
  • greenkrgreenkr Member Posts: 2
    i have a new baby & i am about to buy an 07 tahoe. I WANT bucket seats with it. Why do you not want buckets with your little one? Is there something I should reconsider with the seats regarding a baby? Thanks
    I have 2 other children a 9 and 6 year old. Plus I like having the baby in the middle of the seat instead of having him by the side of the door. Know I'm having to put him in the third row to place him in the middle and to count on my oldest when I really have to go some were. I know it looks nicer but I would really think about.
    Yes it does but is alot safer for an infant to be placed in the middle seat.
  • greenkrgreenkr Member Posts: 2
    If I do purchase the tahoe with bench seats, how hard is it to get access to the 3rd row seats? Is it a little bit of an ordeal to seat someone back there?
  • 07tahoemom07tahoemom Member Posts: 8
    Did you ever trade in your Tahoe? I am thinking of trading my LTZ in. Its a nice truck... but its not all that. :)
    KBB only has the listings on the Suburban trade which confuses me because the TAHOE was released first! :mad:
    FINALLY KBB has updated there site! YEAH! Tahoe is on there... I think I am trading that baby in, my LTZ with my package is coming up at alittle over 39... whoo hoo...I have always had great luck with Carmax being very close to KBBs value... so I am thinking of dumping it to Carmax and running over to Honda!
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Before you get too excited, you should go to the "Real World trade-In values" forum and see what those guys have to say abou\t the trade-in value on the 07 Tahoe. The reason i suggest this is the Tahoe has been heavily discounted. Normally those discounts directly affect trade-in value.
    Guess I lucked out cause I sold it to Carmax and got KBB value for it!! Went to Honda and got my new ride!! whoo hoo!!
    :shades: Actually forgot to mention I got 400$ over KBB....
This discussion has been closed.