Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    hi Car_man, just wanted to see if you can provide the Feb lease terms:

2012 CX-9 AWD Touring
    36 months, 15k/year,

Also, AWD GT at 36/15k?

many thanks,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello jklug. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are either .00039 or .00004 (the program varies depending upon what area you are in) and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

The money factors for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CX-9 Touring AWD are the same, but its residual value would be 52%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it. In addition to this cash, Mazda is waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi hbq. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Good Day Car_man,

Would you have the numbers available for CX-9 Grand Touring AWD 36 month lease?

Thank you!
  • mikejonasmikejonas Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to run this buy the forum-
    Im in NY and only need 10K, so I am signing a 36 month with 10K
    on the CX9 Touring for $395/mth. First month and 650 bank fee.

This sound good?
    G'Day hypnotics. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This vehicle's money factor is slightly lower in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    Hello all,

How does this deal sound...I live in northern NJ and was offered for 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/ Bose/Pwr Moon Roof, Power Life Gate MSRP 38,435. 36 Month lease 550.00 per month 15k per year sign and drive 0 out of pocket. Sounds like they are ripping me off.

What do you guys think?
  • rsf222rsf222 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds expensive. I'm going in Saturday to lease a 2012 CX9 touring with bose/moonroof, rearview camera, power liftgate for $345 a month (36 mo/12k miles) with $3k equity down from my trade in.
  • rsf222rsf222 Member Posts: 4
    Just leased a 2012 CX9 from Royal Mazda in SF. It's a touring edition, liquid silver, with bose/moonroof/backup camera option, as well as auto liftgate. Got a great price -- $337 a month for 36months/12k miles -- with a trade in net equity value of $3,200. Monthly payments bumped up to $352 with the Mazda care included -- covers all oil changes and maintenance for the next three years.
  • superdavec12superdavec12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man. Can you tell me Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36-month, 15,000/yr lease on the CX-9 Grand Touring? thanks.
    Hi superdavec12. Mazda's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 to .00036 (they vary by region) and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • fugaziscfugazisc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Good morning! Can you please give me the current May lease numbers for a 2012 CX-9 FWD Touring (w/mrf/bose), 36 months, 15k miles/year, and also for an FWD Grand Touring (w/mrf/bose/nav), also at 36 months and 15k miles/year?

If you have them, I would like to get the money factor and residual values please. I live in South Florida and have Tier 1 credit.

I see that Mazda is offering $500 loyalty bonus cash and $1500 dealer cash. I know I can count on the $500 but what is your opinion about Mazda dealers going behind invoice and digging into their dealer cash? Is it something I can expect to split with them?

Thank you in advance for your assistance! Happy early Memorial Day!
  • azshortyazshorty Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car Man. Can you tell me Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36-month, 12,000/yr lease on the FWD CX-9 Grand Touring? Thanks.
    Hi fugazisc. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring FWD in Florida with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of the CX-9 in the Southeastern U.S. Make sure to take this cash, along with the loyalty cash, into account during your negotiations. If I was in the market for this model right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi azshorty. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD in Arizona with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmunizdmuniz Member Posts: 39
    Hi Car Man, can you please tell me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 CX9 Touring AWD, 10,000 miles in Nassau County, Long Island, NY

I was quoted today $393.57 for 42 months, taxes and fees down (about $3500).
    can you tell me for 42 and 36 months?
    edited June 2012
    Hi dmuniz. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year in the New York area are .00006 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I haven't seen the 42-month information, but I'll look into it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbartels11mbartels11 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Carman,

Can you please tell me Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD in DC/Northern Virginia with 15,000 miles per year? Also, can I use the Mazda Owner Loyalty of $500 combined with manufacturer rebate of $1,750 to lower the capitalized cost? Also, what selling price should I shoot for prior to applying and incentives?

Thanks!
  • revsrtikerrevsrtiker Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Can you tell me a good lease deal on this car in Houston, TX?

2012 GT CX9 FWD MSRP $40,425 with these options
    ¡TRAILER CLASS II HITCH RECEIVER[TTH]Price:$425.00
    ¡GRAND TOURING PWR LIFTGATE PKG[LG2]Price:$400.00
    ¡REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM W/BOSE AUDIO PKG[1EP]Price:$3055.00
    ¡NAVIGATION PKG[NV3]Price:$1665.00
    ¡ROOF RAILS
    ¡TOWING PREP PKG

Dealer is willing to sell the car for $34,910. Will use the same figure to calculate a lease. I just would like to know how much would a good deal for a lease be for 36 months with either 12K or 10K a year.

Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for mbartels11.

Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00050 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck. This cash can be combined with the owner loyalty cash. If I was in the market for a CX-9 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi revsrtiker. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD that has an MSRP of $40,425 and a selling price of $34,910 through Chase right now in Texas for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $458, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • scootercx9scootercx9 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, can you tell me if this is a good deal, it feels right, but all these numbers can be so blinding! Appreciate your input.

2012 AWD Touring with Bose/Moonroof, Power Liftgate, Roof Rails, Tow Hitch, Backup Camera

MSRP $36592
    Sell $31929 ($3300 in rebates)
    Trade Equity of $2,600 (turn in my lease 2 months early)
    Money factor is .00015 and the residual is 50%
    15K miles/year, 36 month, payment with taxes is $353

Thanks!
  • selmselm Member Posts: 122
    Hi all,

I was looking into a 2012 CX-9 Touring FWD and am in the Southern California area. Could you kindly provide the residuals and money factors for a 15k mile per year lease (3years)?

Many Thanks,
  • glmiah72glmiah72 Member Posts: 1
    scootercx9,

I'm looking for a similar lease deal to the one you received. Where do you live? Did you have to hassle a lot for this deal, or is that close to what they offered you? Were the rebates subtracted from your sell price of $31929, or are you saying the sale price includes them?

Thanks!
    Hi Carman,

Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for the following in NY zip code 11003:

- 2012 CX9 Touring, 12,000 miles

- 2012 Grand Touring, 12,000 miles

Will lease deals extend through Labor day?
    Hi Carman,

This is what I got quote from Garden City Mazda in NY for a 2012 CX9 Touring with Moon roof and bose.

INVOICE: $34354
    -MSRP: $36702
    @ 42MOS. 10K
    RESIDUAL IS 50% NOW UNTIL 8/21/2012
    RATE IS .00034 AND LEASE CASH IS $2300.
    NOW IS THE TIME FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!

Is this good?
    Absolutely selm. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00015 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,300 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, dmuniz.

Through September 4th, Chase's buy rate lease money factor and residual value foe a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00015 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Grand Touring AWD are .00015 and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,300 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dmuniz. What is this truck's selling price? Dealer invoice?

Car_man
    Host
  • proraven2proraven2 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 cx-9 this week from Heritage Mazda this week. Any input on pricing, residuals, and rebates is appreciated. I am considering the Touring model. Thanks!
    Greetings proraven2. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00045 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks! I'm going to negotiate a lease price of 80% of MSRP. Hopefully that is an acceptable price.
    You're welcome proraven2.

Car_man
    Host
  • cly2121cly2121 Member Posts: 13
    Hi CarMan,

Can you let me know what the Oct money factor and residual is for a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD based on 12k miles per year / 36 month lease? I am located in NJ but the dealership is in NY.

My salesman quoted me a .48 residual which i think is a bit low/

Thanks!
  • nybrokernybroker Member Posts: 25
    Where in NY are you shopping im in NJ also and considering a CX9
    Also has anybody seen the new 2013 specs yet is there going to be a panaramic roof? I really want that option
    Car Man, if you have time please check your inbox. I forwarded a lease provided by my local dealer. the money factor is .00095, and I have a credit rating of 700-720. It is a 3 year, 15k mile lease. Thanks for any I put. I. Going crazy over this!
    Here you go cly2121. Chase' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00010 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see the residual value that you were quoted is correct.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi proraven2. I did get your message. Don't worry about it. Getting a new vehicle should be an enjoyable experience. Don't make yourself sick over a couple of dollars per month. I'm not saying to not try to get a good deal, but once you've done some research and shopped around a little it's much healthier to let it go and enjoy your ride. You're definitely on the right track already.

The money factor that you were quoted is definitely a little high. I'm not sure what the exact cutoff is for Chase's top credit tier, but its best available money factor for a 36-month lease of this truck in your state is only .00045. Other than that, this deal looks great. Your vehicle's capitalized cost looks outstanding.

Hang in there.

Car_man
    Host
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Has anyone heard anything about a release date for the 2013 Cx-9? I can't seem to get a straight answer from the dealership. I assume there will be good deals to be had on the 2012 model around that time.

Stephen
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    It looks like dealers are starting to receive inventory on the 2013 model.
    Car_Man, do you have any lease numbers yet? I'm looking at the CX-9 Sport.
    Hi samny1. The 2013 CX-9s should be arriving at dealers right about now. You're right, I suspect that dealers will be very interested in unloading any remaining 2012 models they have once the 2013s begin to arrive.

Car_man
    Host
    I have seen this vehicle's lease program enthusiastdre. Chase's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This truck's money factor is enhanced to .00002 in select states, mainly on the coasts.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnivjohniv Member Posts: 7
    Car man: Can you give me current RV and MF for a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring lease in NY for 12K mi and 36 months? Thanks.
    Hi johniv. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00010 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,175 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnivjohniv Member Posts: 7
    Thanks a lot Car_man. I'm getting a quote that's about $4k below inv. on a 2012 Grand Touring, I'm offering about 2200 lower than that. Do you know if there are similar cash incentives on a purchase? Also, what do you think is a better value: the CX-9 at this price or a '13 JX35 at $500 below inv?

Thx as always.
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    Could you post the numbers for the 2013 CX-9 Sport FWD in CA? Thanks!
  • kokos7kokos7 Member Posts: 32
    Can you please post the residual/MF for 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD in NJ for December, 36 month, 15K/yr miles. Any special offers/discounts for December?

Also since dealers are getting rid of the 2012 models can you post the same for 2012, if there is any advantage?
    Hi Carman,

Can you please post the December money factor and residual value in Long Island NY for the following"

2012 CX9 AWD Touring
    2012 CX9 AWD Grand Touring

2013 CX9 AWD Touring
    2013 CX9 AWD Gradn Touring

Thank you
  • td_sjctd_sjc Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

I'm wondering whether you could help me get the December Money Factor and residual value for a 2012 CX-9 Touring, for a 36 month lease with12K miles per year & 15K miles per yer.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.