Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi All,

I received an email from Mazda corporate yesterday with details of a lease deal for a 2013 CX-9 Grand Touring. I have called 3 dealerships in the Westchester, NY lower Connecticut area and none of them have them in. Has anyone seen a 2013 model at a dealership or been told that dealers have them? Has anyone seen one in the NY or Philadelphia area? Mazda Corporate could give me no leads.

Thanks,

Stephen
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    What were the details?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello enthusiastdre. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00002 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kokos7. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD in New Jersey with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle in December.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00010 and 47% with a much larger $3,175 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dmuniz. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in New York are .00002 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Grand Touring AWD are .00002 and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Touring AWD are .00010 and 47%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Touring Grand AWD are .00010 and 45%.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 model and $3,175 on leases of the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi td_sjc. Please see my previous posts for the information that you are looking for. Keep in mind that this truck's lease program varies by region.

Car_man
    Host
  • chaco1chaco1 Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

I am looking to get a 36 months 12,000 miles/year lease for a CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with the GT Tech Package, in NY/NJ.

I got a quote for an out the door price of 3,000 down and 412.31 a month.

Do you think this is a good deal?
    Hi chaco1. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 to .00040 (the factor varies by region) and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,600 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

$3,000 is a lot of money to pay at signing on any lease. How does that money break down? There's nothing wrong with paying your vehicle's first month's payment or even Chase's $595 acquisition fee at lease signing, but you really should not make any sort of capitalized cost reduction. I always advise consumers not to make cap cost reductions on leased vehicles. Consumers who make them risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,
    Could you please post the residual and the money factor for the 2013 Mazda CX-9 Sport with 12,000 miles in CA?
    Thanks!
    Greetings enthusiastdre. Chase's February lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year in California are .00006 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    Hi Car_Man:

Do you have the February numbers handy for the 2012 trucks? I'm curious about a 2012 Grand Touring AWD in Colorado. 12K miles is fine...appreciate the help!
    Car_Man,
    I forgot to mention that I was interested in the FWD. I noticed that edmunds is no longer listing the $1600 lease cash for the truck, only the $1500 dealer cash. Do you know if lease cash is still good?
  • aliciafaliciaf Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hello,
    Would you be so kind as to give me February's Money Factor and residual value for a 2013 CX-9 Touring, for a 36 month lease with15K miles per year in the Central New Jersey area? Thanks so much appreciate your knowledge on this also where do you obtain your info from?
  • cr40cr40 Member Posts: 79
    I am leasing the CX-9 Touring w/tech package this weekend. I live in Ft Lauderdale, FL area. I have several quotes, The best so far is as follows:

375 tax in. $1200 inceptions. CX-9 Touring with technology package. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles.

Does anyone know the residual on this vehicle, as well as the factor and any other incentives? How does this quote sound?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Hey drdrakeramore. Mazda isn't providing lease support on 2012 CX-9 models any longer. If you really want to lease, you will be better off going with a 2013 model.

If you're set on getting a leftover 2012 model and don't care how you get it, you could always finance one at 0% for 5 years or 0.9% for 6 years AND get $1,500 dealer cash. That's a really attractive offer, though the payment will be higher than it would be on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly aliciaf. Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00006 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    How's this for just in time inventory er um responses, cr40 ;).

Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring FWD in Florida with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,600 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now that you should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • frackingfracking Member Posts: 7
    I also live in Florida and am getting the run around by local dealer acting as if Mazda Capital is the only provider of Leases available to Mazda dealers. i am assuming i could use chase since you are quoting there numbers not mazda Financials. Please explain process o lease through Chase please.
    Got it. Thanks much!
    Mazda Capital is Chase.
  • csmith3nyccsmith3nyc Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I got an offer in NYC for a Touring w/ tech package for a 36/12K lease for 459 with zero down. Is that a good deal? Should I now try to use a trade in to get that monthly payment down?
    Thank you for your reply Car_man. I'm also wondering what an appropriate expectation is regarding the negotiated price in my area. Edmunds shows the invoice on the vehicle at $33,867. I know you mentioned the $1600.00 cash incentives. I also qualify for Mazda loyalty of $500.00. Are these vehicles selling for below invoice? Can you give me an idea of a decent deal re. negotiated price? Thanks. Going in today...don't know if you can respond today! Doing my last minute preparation.
  • frackingfracking Member Posts: 7
    AS PER YOUR REQUEST
    Dealer claiming the residual value of only 51 vs 53 . I have top tier credit. is this a good deal

MSRP $38420.00
    2013 MAZDA CX-9 GRAND TOURING
    36 MONTHS
    10K PER YR
    0 TOTAL TO START
    PAYMENT $447.67 PLUS TAX OR $479.01 INC TAX
    RESIDUAL 51%
    MONEY FACTOR 0.00050
    CAP COST $35611.04
    :confuse:
    The numbers don't quite line up for me. When I plug those numbers in I get ~$473/mo (without tax). If I use 53% I get $452, so he's probably using 53% or thereabouts. Assuming the cap cost is derived without any contribution on your part, that looks like about 7% discount, or only 3% if you assume the $1600 dealer incentive.

I am not sure what folks are getting for the 2013 GT right now, but it looks like the AWD were going for ~12% discount from MSRP earlier (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1131db/3637#MSG3637).

Might be able to work on the sales price?
    Here's the final deal I got this weekend:

2013 CX-9 Touring with Tech Package
    $1000.00 out of pocket total towards incentives (including first payment, tax, tag, etc.)
    $359.00 a month (tax in)
    36 months/10,000 miles

I was able to take advantage of the $500 loyalty money and $2600.00 in incentives.

I also sold my old lease (which was at the end of the lease with 0 payments left) to CarMax. They offered me $2500.00 more there than Mazda dealer did, so I made money instead of paying money.
  • acbklynacbklyn Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I also got the CX9 with entertainment package (plus roof rails+cross bars) yesterday. Don't think I got a great deal though looking at above #s.

paid all taxes/acquisition fee/doc fees up front - total about $2400.
    $266 per month, 36 months, 10000 miles
    $6500 trade in for 2004 Volvo XC 90

Including tax it would have been $319 a month. With the trade in though it should have been lower no? I must have miscalculated somewhere. MSRP was 40k and we agreed on $35250.
    If you have an iphone, you can download the tool I used during my negotiations. I think it cost me approx. $1.99. It's called iLeaseCarPro. It is a good lease calculator. You can plug in all the numbers.
    Doesn't look all that bad to me if residual was 54% and MF was .00134. I calculate $266 using the trade in amount ($6500) to lower your cap cost to ~28,750.
  • acbklynacbklyn Member Posts: 2
    Thanks - they told me the residual was 53 and money factor was .0006.
  • bobbyd1503usbobbyd1503us Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

I wanted to thank you for your posts above, they greatly helped me in analyzing the CX-9 and Ford Explorer which I compared.

Yesterday, I actually leased the CX-9 (and while it might not have been the best deal), I think it was a fair deal. I wanted to know what you thought:

From Wayne Mazda I received the following deal for a Sport CX-9 with the automatic seat package and wheel locks at 12K miles for 36 months.

$1,550 down - included all fees, 1st month's payment, etc.
    335 per month.

FYI, I was given $1,600 in incentives, the money factor was .ooo6 and the residual was 53%. There was no trade in.

By estimation we would up negotiation a cap price of approx $30,200 after incentives were deducted, which was a little higher then I though it should be.

Let me know what u think and I hope others will benefit from this info.

I have to say my initial impression are that the car is fun to drive, it lacks a little in the pick-up department but has great sightlines and handling.

Bobbyd
    You're very welcome Bobbyd. The $1,600 cash incentive is spot on. It's tough for me to evaluate the selling price that you were given without something to compare it with, like the MSRP. Without digging too deeply into it, your payment certainly looks reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobbyd1503usbobbyd1503us Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

The MSRP on my deal was $32,915 for the all wheel drive sport model. Sorry about leaving that off.

Bobbyd
  • hondalicioushondalicious Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2013
    Hello @Car_Man,

Would you be so kind as to give me April's Money Factor and residual value for a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with Tech Package, for a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year in the Massachusetts South Shore area (Norwood)? Also all available incentives? Thanks in advance.
    Here you go hondalicious. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in the Massachusetts area are .00006 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is providing a $2,725 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • thewatchfanthewatchfan Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man:

Thanks in advance for your input and the advice you share. I'm a noob to the leasing game so please bear with me and my questions...similar to the post above. I'm looking to get an idea of what to expect.

I'm looking to get a Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with Tech Pkg. From the internet sales person, I was shown 42 mos./12K for $419 for this model. This was a zero down deal. I assume it is for the Tier 1 clientele. I live in West Chester, Penna. Money factor and residual value were not mentioned.

So I'm clueless as to whether or not this a good deal? What kind of money factor or residual value can I expect when I go this weekend? Last question, if I don't qualify for Tier 1 clientele, am I looking at a drastically different price structure.

Your help and input is appreciated.

Ashley
    Hi Ashley. There's nothing wrong with being new to leasing, but there certainly is something wrong with not researching it enough to prevent yourself from being taken advantage of. So you're off to a good start. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in Pennsylvania are .00006 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, the money factor would be higher if your credit is not in good shape.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • hollyinflhollyinfl Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering a couple of different vehicles with the Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD being one of them. I don't need either the Tech Package or the Rear Seat Ent, so with a few accessories, I'm looking at $36,480 MSRP.

Does anyone have the MF and residuals for a 36-mo, 12K/yr and 15K/yr lease?

What about any incentives? I'm eligible for their loyalty program since I'd be turning in a 2010 CX-9. Any others?

Thanks!
  • hollyinflhollyinfl Member Posts: 5
    I think I got a good deal. Can an expert confirm? ;-)

CX-9 Grand Touring, FWD, Rear Seat Ent Package, Towing Prep Package, Splash Guards, Bumper Guard, Roof Rails, and Remote Start. 36mo lease, 12K/yr. Zero Down. 1st mo payment due at delivery. Monthly payment = $480+tax.

MSRP - $38,925
    Invoice - $37,303
    Residual - 53%
    MF - .0006
    Mazda Loyalty-$1,000
    Hi hollyinfl. This vehicle's lease program varies by region. Judging by your username, I'm guessing that you're in Florida :). Correct me if that's not the case.

Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Mazda is currently providing a solid $2,100 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take that cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctleasefamilyctleasefamily Member Posts: 3
    I'm wondering what the programs are in CT right now and if this would be cheaper than an Odyssey lease?
  • summer31summer31 Member Posts: 3
    No money down, 36mo/12k miles, CX-9 Touring for $388 per month including taxes.

Is this a good deal or should I look for better?
  • djsilverdjsilver Member Posts: 10
    Here's the deal I got in southeast MA:
    36 mo / 12k miles
    $2000 down to cover fees, tax, first month, etc + $2100 incentive
    $373/mo

Gross: $36,636.13
    Net cap cost reduction: $3,224
    Final: $33,412
    Residual: $20,891

I used the Costco Auto program. It seemed to help.

My sense is there may have been another $500 to play with but I think it's a decent deal.

Thoughts welcomed.

Thanks
  • djsilverdjsilver Member Posts: 10
    FWIW
    The $36,636 includes $595 "acquisition fee." The "vehicle value" is actually $36,041. :)
  • gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    Hello Carman. Wondering what the current MF and residual are for a 2013 CX9 Grand Touring AWD with 10k mi/yr and 12k mi/yr, 36 month term. I'm in the Buffalo, NY area 14221 zip code. Thanks so much for your help.
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Hi

I'm interested in the MF and residual for the cx9 touring and grand touring FWD for 12 and 15k miles, Southwest/Texas region. 24 and 36 month.

Thank you
    Hi gusbuf. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00006 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $2,100 cash incentive on leases of this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey amosz. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Texas are .00081 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00042 and 53%.

I believe that Chase adds 1% for 12,000 mile per year leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Thanks Carman. Are the Touring and GT the same ?
    You're very welcome amosz. The money factor is the same for all CX-9 trim levels, but the residual value for the Grand Touring FWD is 1% lower than it is for the Touring FWD.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlog27mlog27 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for lease a Mazda CX9 Touring AWD with the tech package and remote start with 15k miles/yr. I have the Mazda S Plan available to use. I was quoted the Touring AWD without tech tech or any options with 15k miles for 408/month (389 for 12k) with 1k out of pocket including taxes, fees and first month. I want to know if the following deal is possible:

Mazda CX9 Touring AWD with the tech package and remote start
    15k miles/yr
    1k total out of pocket including all taxes fees and first month
    Should I be able to get this for a payment of $400/month? (not sure if it matters but I'm in NY)
    If not 400 what would you think is the bottom of the range?
This discussion has been closed.