Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• ridemywaveridemywave Member Posts: 5
    BS too good to be true!

:):)
  • cinci5313cinci5313 Member Posts: 19
    Here's my deal on a 2008 CX-9 from King's Mazda in Cincinnati

Sticker: $41500
    Purchase: $36500

CX-9 GT AWD w/ moon roof, bose, assistance pkg, splash guards, auto dimming mirror with compass & homelink for:

$0 down
    36 months
    12k miles
    residual of 53%
    MF: .00088 (~2.1%)
    sales tax: 6.5%
    rebate: $750
    doc fees, first payment, & last lease payment of previous car all made by Mazda
    free oil changes during ownership of car

all for ~$558/month. Of course this was bought on the last of day and last hour of the month (3/31 @9pm). The salespeople were great there and did everything they could to get the deal done. So far the car is great and no complaints to be had.
  • msujaymsujay Member Posts: 6
    Suburban Mazda in Troy, Michigan.
    You are right, it was actually $451 per month!
  • lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    Wow, that's $100 less per month than I'm paying for a similar car and I also paid $800 more at signing. I'm getting 3000 more miles per year than you but that should only be worth about $25 per month, so I'd say you got a great deal. You did get Navigation too, right?
    Yes, nav included. Same specs as yours minus auto dim mirror and roof rails. 6% michigan sales tax included in $450/month payment. 12k, 27 mile lease. I admit I pushed really hard and basically said I would find another dealer (which I would have). My sense is that 2008 is going to be a HORRIBLE year selling cars, especially new cars, given the state of the economy. I am in Michigan so it is even worse here. The dealer told me that they can't keep the CX-9 on the lot, but I know that people are in holding patterns right now on major purchases. The key is I made the deal the last week of March.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    Looked at both...loved the way both drove. The Mazda probably had better handling...and it was a lot cheaper than the Buick...but went with my heart and liked the roominess of the Enclave better (also, doing a 39 month lease with 15K/year). Why does Mazda only offer a 3/36 warranty on their cars? I know people will say because it's Japanese built and they don't need the warranty but I have had friends who have had RX8 cars with many problems...almost Lemon Law'd the car. The CX9 has many more toys on it but in the end, liked the captanins chairs in second row better than a 2/3/2 configuration. I must say the CX9 deals sound a lot better now than when I was looking about a few weeks ago. One feature I got on the Buick that is also available on the CX9 is the remote start button...living in S Florida, it gets hot as heck down here and I don't see many people mentioning this feature on their purchase list...what a great feature to have.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Why does Mazda only offer a 3/36 warranty on their cars?

They don't. They offer 5yr-60k on the power train. Besides, if you are leasing, why does it matter since you are only going 39 months?

Mazda did have a 4yr-50k bumper to bumper on all vehicles prior to 2007, however, they changed it because they felt the extra year and 12k on the warranty did not help sell their product over their competition.
    BS too good to be true!

The first thing I learned in the car business is "buyers are liars". I'm not saying everyone here fudges what they really leased or buy a car for, but there are MANY here that do, trying to look like a hero. Since I deal with leasing, and I know the programs for Mazda, plus, how Mazda pays their dealers, I do see some of these deals as just outlandish, and NO business person would ever make. There have been so many times that I have stood up customers because they came in and said "well, in the forums, people are really paying $XXX.XX/mo." Then I say "Great!, go to where they bought it and buy it from them. Thanks for coming in!" 9 out of 10 times, they buy from me. I guess this is why I seldom come into this thread. A lot of talk in here is just not accurate, and helpful to no one. Not all of you, just some.
    It matters because I am doing 15K/year. At 39 months, thats 48,750 miles on the car (1250/month allowed). If it's only 39 months, I am out of warranty for almost 10K miles. I'm not suggesting you buy or lease a car just because of the warranty but in todays market, with so many leases going over 36 months to make the lease payments more affordable, it seems like most companies are extending their warranty's to a longer term. For example, a Hyundai has one of the best warranty's in the business...something like 10 years and 100K miles but you wouldn't catch me buying or leasing a Hyundai. And as far as the other gentleman that said most people that quote payments on here are liars, what benefit do they get out of this? Are you suggesting it makes them feel good to brag about a low payment that they didn't really get. This happened to us back in 04' when we purchased a new Toyota Sienna XLE Limited. They were brand new and my local dealer was getting full sticker...and wouldn't discount. I went online to a place in Manchester, NH (Autofair Toyota) and they had at the time a one price internet site. They sold it to me at $250 over invoice (now we both know they made more money than that on me with holdbacks and such). I didn't care about what they make. I had it trucked down to Florida for another $500 and still wound up saving about $3,000. The internet department at the local dealer told me there's no way anyone will sell you that van at a couple hundred over invoice. He was wrong and not only that, two of my neighbors wound up buying cars from this same dealer out of state withing a 2 month period of mine. I find that if you call a dealership on the phone, never speak to a salesman but ask to speak right to the sales manager or GSM...has worked for me for many years. They cut you a great deal, especially if you tell them you are outside their normal market and that it's a deal they would otherwise not have made. And, as far as a salesman getting shut out, it doesn't happen. The manager gives it to a salesman to handle after the price of the deal is made and he makes a smaller commission but he still makes one. Everyone walks away happy. My advice is never to go into a car dealer blind and talk to the first salesman that happens to have the next "up" on the list. Happy Shopping. BTW, I am an ex car salesman from many years ago.
    I am out of warranty for almost 10K miles

You will be out of the bumper to bumper warranty, but, you are covered for 5 years and 60,000 miles on the power train. For 39 months and 15K a year, you are still shy of 50,000. If you are worried about the electronics, then you have reason for concern.
    It's never the powertrain warranty I worry about. It's the little things that go wrong. If money were my main concern, I would be driving a Mazda CX9 right now. I do miss having built in Bluetooth and keyless start. I just went Buick because of the bigger size and trying something totally new...not Japanese or German cars. If I'm wrong, I have to live with the decision for 39 months and I'll never go back to American made cars again. Time will tell. I must say though for the money (leasing fully loaded for around $500 to $550/month payments, the Mazda CX9 is a tough act to beat!!!
    I would assume this message was directly mostly at me since I recently informed the board of my below market deal. Thank you for calling me a liar. Since we are calling each other names now, I would call car dealers scam artists. Buyers are using information gained by research to try to get a good deal. Dealers use tactics, many of which are pretty shady, to make their deal. I think the statement that should be used is "buyer beware".

Now as for calling me a liar (assuming you were directing your message at me), please provide me your email address and I will glady scan in the paperwork and email it to you. I have no reason to lie about the deal I received. In fact, I invested my own time to post my deal on the board to help others who may also be in the market for a CX-9. That is the only reason I came here in the first place...to find out what people were paying and to try to get the best deal.
    I would assume this message was directly mostly at me since I recently informed the board of my below market deal

Trust me, if it was directed at you, I would have responded to you post directly, and commented to you directly. However, I can see where you would think it was directed at you since you were the last to post. No hard feelings I hope.
  • a51510546a51510546 Member Posts: 2
    Hi msujay,

Can you please send me a copy of your paperwork? Your deal is amazing. My e-mail is my id @gmail.com. Thank you very much.
  • 18mike18mike Member Posts: 5
    I have a chance to lease a 2009 white CX-9 awd Grand Touring. It was driven by a local radio celeb. and has 5,300 miles on it.
    Sticker is $38,400.
    With discount and lease cash it comes down to $32,000.
    A 25K/year 2 year lease w/ $2,500 down is $595.39 / mo.
    The same lease for 3 years is $577.26 / mo.
    Been driving company cars for the past 5 years.
    Is this a good deal or not?
    I love the car.
    Any help/feedback will be appreciated...trying to get a deal done this week.
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    I guess it a decent deal only if you need the 25k/miles a year.

Otherwise a brand new CX-9 GT loaded is around $465/month with tax on a 27 month lease with 12000 miles a year (around $1000 due at signing)
    I need the 25K miles...shouldn't they take more off the car since it has 5k miles on it?
  • robby1robby1 Member Posts: 7
    Aviboy97, are you a salesperson at a Mazda dealership or sales manager? You are very well informed and seem to know quite a bit. If so what dealership do you work at? It's very refreshing to read some of your unbiased comments. Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mmpiii. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00077 and 47%. The addition of any factory-installed options does not have any impact upon the residual values. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,300 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello Joe. Here is the information that you're looking for. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 51%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,500 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $800 lease cash that is currently available on '08 CX-9 Touring and Grand Touring models.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new CX-9, frugalsc. It sounds like you got a good deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Congrats on getting your new CX-9, cinci5313. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Just a friendly reminder everyone that salespeople are not allowed to share what dealership they work at in the forums. Edmunds considers it advertising. Thanks and carry on :).

Car_man
    Host
    I just leased a 2008 CX-9 Touring Model w/FWD Bose/Moonroof option.

MSRP $34,010

Gross Cap Cost $31,605

Cap Cost reduction $1,350

Adj.Cap Cost $30,255

Residual Value $16,850

Depreciation $13,394.80

27 mo lease w/25K miles / yr 56,241 total miles

$2,500 down

Payments $514.95

Did I get a good deal.

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • spi5spi5 Member Posts: 48
    Thanks!

Based on your suggestion I got a similar deal.

CX-9 Grand Touring AWD Assist, Entertainment, Tow package and Blind Spot. White. Plus 2 free cargo nets.

MSRP 41290
    Sell Price 36500
    24 mo / 10500miles/year
    MF 0.00028
    RV: 63%
    0 down, 0 fee, 0 first payment. Totally 0 drive off. 23 months payment left
    441/month plus 0.0825 CA tax = 477

It will be equivalent to 400 plus tax = 434 if it is 1000 due at signing that include first payment.

Only thing no so perfect is I cannot get free cargo cover and autodim w/homelink morror. :P
  • dbourhilldbourhill Member Posts: 6
    Trying to figure out if I am getting a decent deal or not, i do not have all of the info yet so i am hoping i can get some guidance.

GT ASSIST PACKAGE $2,500
    MOONROOF/BOSE $1,760
    BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM $200
    COMPASS/AUTODIM MIRROR WITH HOMELINK $275
    WHEEL LOCKS
    $40,900

Selling Price, is under $37,260 according to my wife.

36 months/12k
    $495 month including tax

$2000 plus first months payment of $495 due at signing

any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Try to push harder - No down payment and monthly payment lower than 450 include Tax - If you are in San Jose, CA.
  • browndognjbrowndognj Member Posts: 4
    I have read the email threads...net/net it sounds like you know what you are talking about. I'm going after Grand T, with roof/bose -- MSRP $37K. I asked 2 dealers for quotes on me bring $1500 to the table, need 15K, 24 months. They're coming back with $570/mm +/-. I'm expecting like $450/$475. Ideas? Where/whom did you buy from. I'm long time edmunds reader! Edmunds invented giving the power back to the consumer. go-edmunds-go! Thanks,
    Where re you located? If you are on the east coast go straight to Wayne Mazda (largest Mazda dealer in the country) they'll give you the best deal.

GT AWD with Moon/Bose, Homelink, Cargo Cover
    $1245 due at signing
    $450 a month tax included
    27 month lease
    The tier 0~1 credit score should have 0.00027 or 0.00028 MF on 24 months lease. Ask your dealer if they threw in $800 lease rebate and another $1000 Mazda rebate. I will recommend 24 or 36 months lease because annual vehicle registration fee. 10500miles and 12000mile a year have 1% difference in RV.

Also, it seems someone got their CX-9 at $5,600 under MSRP - http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1131db/865 . It is not lease deal, though.

Mine is $4,846 under MSRP in lease document.
  • browndognjbrowndognj Member Posts: 4
    rooo - I can easily get to Wayne M., please send to private email who you dealt with...I have little patience to go thru their selling 'blender'! In advance, much thanks. browndognj@aol.com (forum doesn't allow names -- I want to keep everyone happy!)
  • iggleiggle Member Posts: 2
    looking at '08 CX-9 grand touring, essentially loaded (except for towing, splash guard). MSRP 40,100

0 down, plus $1500 toward buying out residual lease.

36 month/15,000k

payments $550-575

Wanted to know what others thought of this deal.

Thanks
  • iggleiggle Member Posts: 2
    was this the deal you wound up with?
  • lunchmeatslunchmeats Member Posts: 9
    CX-9 in Wayne , NJ I am very interested please send me a e-mail at kaplan2711@yahoo.com with a contact name.

Thanks
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 61
    Got a quote for a CX-9 sport. MSRP 34,295, selling price 30,802, 1700 Customer cash rebate, 350 Mac cash rebate, 12K a year 36 months residual 51% money factor .00077. 1st month & DMV charges due at pickup & 451 a month. Any good?
    You can definitely do much better. $451 should be for a GT AWD, not a sport.
    I thought the numbers looked high. However, where can i do better? Sale price? residual, fees?
  • josephd05josephd05 Member Posts: 46
    MSRP 39750
    Cap cost 35,751
    Lease term 27 months
    Miles 18K per year (40,500 total)
    TOTAL DOWN 1000.
    Payment 614.68 a month including taxes.

Does this sound kosher? I'm working this deal via email. He originally had be at 551 a month with 1000 down PLUS tags and fees. Don't have that breakdown though. I think this is pretty good. Thoughts?
  • carshpn1carshpn1 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted the following at the "largest NJ" dealership. Please let me know if this is good:
    2008 AWD Touring with Moonroof/Bose
    MSRP: 35,275
    Neg price: 31342
    money factor: .00077
    residual is 51%
    36 mo lease w/ 12k per year
    $850 due at signing
    $469 a month

Does this seem to be an ok deal or can i do better?
  • sluggahsluggah Member Posts: 1
    Here's a proposal from a dealer today.

MSRP: $40,215
    Negotiated price: $35,315

27 month lease, 12K miles per year
    $2,000 TOTAL out of pocket

Payment including sales tax is $449.59
    Additional Excise monthly amount is $39.85
    Cost and monthly payment increase if I added Sirius and remote start is $698 for Sirius and $399.95 for remote start for a payment increase of $44.32.

Vehicle did not have Sirius or Remote Start. I was told that all vehicles have these items installed at the port in NJ. I don't know if the whole amount can be residualized even know they are installed exactly as if they were done factory.

Any input on this deal would be appreciated.
  • manonstreetmanonstreet Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I'll give it a shot. I'm new to the leasing game and want to calculate the payments myself in a spreadsheet so I can see if the dealer's numbers make sense.

We're looking at a CX-9 Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof option
    MSRP: 35,835
    Residual: 59%
    Base Cap: 33,694
    Trade-in: 4,500
    Term: 27 months
    Miles: 12k/year
    Money factor: .00028
    Quoted monthly payment: 397

I think I am getting screwed on the fees, but it's hard for me to calculate. As far as I know, tax is paid up front in NJ based on the monthly lease cost. So the total tax would be 397 * .07 * 27 = 750.33. The inception fees also include the first month's payment of 397. So those combined are ~1147. Doing some calculations shows me that my net cap must be 31,649 (2,225 cap cost reduction) in order for the payments to come out to 397. Which means that my total inception fees must be 2,275. Which finally means there are 1,128 in "other fees" (not tax or first month's payment). That seems very high to me.

That being said, how is it possible to change parameters, such as the base cap, and calculate new monthly payments? I need to calculate the monthly payments in order to calculate the tax and the first payment into the inception fees. The total inception fees adjust my cap cost reductions (subtracted out of my down payment), which are needed to calculate my monthly payments. I am seeing some circular logic here.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
  • live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    manonstreet - all negotiations should start at the base cap cost (price of the car).

here is a good site to help figure your monthly payments: http://leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • winnapaugwinnapaug Member Posts: 3
    Cx-9 AWD Grand Touring 2008

GT Assist package
    Blind spot, compass auto mirror, roof rails, remote engine start, moonroof Bose-6DC, Towing package, Serius Sat radio.
    $3000 down (includes trade-in) Nothing due at signing or delivery
    36 mos, 12,000 miles

Gross capitalized cost 39,170
    residual value 21,000

$510 per month (first month included in $3,000 down pymt/trade in)

Thanks for any comments.

T
    I am going with the Pilot. I can't seem to get the Mazda payments down to $400 a month without putting $$ down.
  • ddmiczakddmiczak Member Posts: 1
    Can I do better than this. This is for a Sport FWD. MSRP 29,200, Net Cap 26,995, Residual 57%, Money Factor 0.00028, mazda rebate $2050, $1000 down, pearl white, no leather, 12K a year, $371 a month (tax included). Can I get them to give me 15K for this price? Or can I get them down to $360.00 a month?
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    Does anyone happen to know the minimum FICO score required by Mazda American Credit in order to receive their top-tier leasing rates? This information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • texas68texas68 Member Posts: 3
    Hello:

I offered:

2008 Mazda CX-9 FWD 4dr Grand Touring
    Invoice MSRP

Base $30,842.00 $33,355.00
    Options $5004.00 $5,860.00
    Destination $635.00 $635.00

Options: Invoice MSRP

BS1 Blind Spot Monitoring System $172.00 $200.00
    1EP Rear Entertainment System WBose Audio PKG $2,202.00 $2,560.00
    2PA Grand Touring Assistance Pkg $2150.00 $2500.00
    RCK Roof Rails $$200.00 $250.00
    RSE Remote Engine Start $280.00 $350.00

Mazda only requires the first payment at signing. I will also pay Sales Tax (6.25%), title and License at signing. I have top tier credit (over 700).

Here is my offer:

MSRP: $39850.00
    Cap Cost: $34981 ($1500 below invoice)
    Miles/Year: 15K
    Residual Value: 54%
    Money Factor: .00088 (2.112%)
    Term: 36 months

Depreciation Fee + Finance Fee = Lease Payment

Depreciation Fee = [34981 - (.54)(39850)] / 36 = 373.94

Finance Fee = [34981 + (.54)(39850)]* .00088 = 49.72

Lease Payment = 373.94 + 49.72 = 423.66

Response from Dealer:

MSRP: $39850.00
    Cap Cost: $35846
    Miles/Year: 12K
    Residual Value: 47%
    Money Factor: .00150 (3.6%)
    Term: 36 months

I pay Tax, Title, License and First Payment at signing = approx $3000

Any thoughts? I thought the residual was a bit low, but every dealer in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex has it at 47%.

Thanks for your replies!
  • shark_shirtshark_shirt Member Posts: 1
    Local dealership in NE Ohio has basic model at $26,988. $988 due at signing - 10.5K/year 24 month lease. $268/month. Seems too good. Is it?
  • britishboybritishboy Member Posts: 3
    The lease sounds pretty amazing! I just lease a Touring with DVD entertainment system for $400 even a month (tax in) plus $800 down in South Florida. I think this is a pretty good deal considering two other local dealerships both quoted me $456+ tax with $1500 down! The car is amazing, got the blue with the two tone tan interior.
This discussion has been closed.