Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    BTW...I hate Browning Mazda...I would not recommend anyone to go there...ever. I had the 2nd worst leasing experience there in my life, with Long Beach Toyota being the worse. Never been so disrespect in my life.
  • Options
    cscan1cscan1 Member Posts: 4
    They certainly haven't been that responsive to emails. I also have emails quote requests out to Orange,Long Beach and Huntington. Certainly willing to travel to get the best deal within reason. Local paper has $7.5K off MSRP on all CX-9 in stock. However, the small print states not available with MAC credit or lease. FYI.
  • Options
    investigator1investigator1 Member Posts: 8
    I have been negotiating a deal with Tustin Mazda in SoCal and have been having a good experience so far, after difficulties with LA dealers not willing to negotiate. Tustin is using cscan1's numbers above, except the residual is at 49% not 50%. Thanks to all participants for helping me do my homework.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pmelanc1. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this model, make sure to take advantage of the $2,075 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hello tyran910. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this model, make sure to take advantage of the $2,075 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, layersnj, the money factors that you were quoted are right on the money. When negotiating your CX-9's selling price, make sure to take advantage of the $2,075 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    pop11pop11 Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the Market now for Buying or leasing a New 2008 GT CX9,
    in Washington state, any advice about pricing. Im hearing all kind of numbers. I will need the car by mid september, Will it be too late to get a good deal on 2008, Please advice, I'm new to this business
  • Options
    navooshnavoosh Member Posts: 2
    I received the following quote from a local dealership for a 2008 CX9TRX AWD and was wondering if anyone here could perhaps provide some feedback as to whether or not this is a good deal. I'll put $3,000 down to help offset some of the monthly payments.
    Thanks !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
    Equipment: Moonroof / Bose (1MC)
    Towing Pkg (1TP)
    Roof rack
    Payment Details:
    Term: 24 Months
    Base Payment: 382.43
    Purchase Option: 22,151
    MSRP: 36,085
    Est. Miles Per Year: 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge: 0.20

Money Due at Inception:
    1st Month Payment: 382.43
    Fees & Insurance: 367
    Cap Reduction (Cash): 1920.77
    Total Out of Pocket: 3,000
    Customer Rebates: 2,575
    Total Initial Charges: 5,575
  • Options
    pop11pop11 Member Posts: 7
    CX-9 grand touring AWD
    GT ASSIST PACAKAGE
    TOWING PACAKAGE
    MOONROOF/BOSE

BLIND SPOT MONTITERING
    ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATE
    ROOF RAIL
    F/R SPLASH GUARD

MSRP 40810
    SELLING PRICE 35.014 CASH
    OR 38.014 ( 0% 36 month )
  • Options
    spydervr4spydervr4 Member Posts: 5
    Your lease is almost exactly what I am looking at. What was your MSRP, cap cost, and the total due at signing?

Also, does that include the excise tax? The Mazda dealers in MA all say that the lease needs to include the excise tax. This is a first for me, I have never had that included in the lease for any other vehicle. Is this legit or just another way for Mazda to make some extra money off of me?

Thanks
  • Options
    pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    $390/month (does not include taxes)
    $1580 due at signing (1st payment plus the other fees)
    36 months
    12k miles per year

Gand Touring
    w/ aftermarket DVD
    backup camera package (rear view mirror)
    blind spot monitoring system
    roof rails
    towing package
    wheel locks

Is this a good deal? What are other paying for similar models/packages/options?
  • Options
    artoakdaleartoakdale Member Posts: 6
    That seams great depending on how much the taxes are.

I was offered this in the NY metro area yesterday:

Touring AWD
    Moonroof/Bose
    2600 due at sign (1st payment, fees)
    1650 miles
    36 months
    obsorbing my honda lease ($500)
    $16650 buy out (not sure if i trust this)

$439 (taxes included)

What do you think? Dealer tells me to buy car at the end of the lease and it will work out as if i financed it.
  • Options
    dzcp1dzcp1 Member Posts: 4
    I think we got a better deal than that. My wife and I just leased a CX7 and a CX9 from same dealer. The CX9 is Grand Touring AWD with basically every option possible. Had more than she really wanted but took it cause it was a good deal. I never put anything down on a lease other than the 1st payment because personally, I think people just delude themselves into believing they have a lower car payment than they really do, but I am a finance guy so that is how I look at things. Anyway, with just 1st payment due at signing and about $100 for plate transfer, payment is $522. THis is for 24 month lease, 15K miles a year.
  • Options
    wintensivewintensive Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking at the following deal. Any thoughts on whether its a good deal?

2008 CX-9 GT AWD
    1MC - Bose/Moonroof
    1TP - Towing
    SAT - Siruis Satellite radio

36mo lease
    1125 mi per month
    $0 Drive off
    $450 per month (including tax)
    Don't have the exact numbers for MF and Residuals or cap value yet.
  • Options
    jagman4jagman4 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man to follow negotiated deal on an 08 CX9 GT AWD car not picked up yet; I placed a small deposit as the lease on my MDX does not complete until 9/30/08, dealer stated in writing that if MAC rebates or dealer incentives improves we can use new figures on the lease (did not sign contract yet!). How did I do?

2008 mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
    Crystal White Pearl
    Gt Assist Package
    Moonroof/Bose
    Blind Spot Monitoring System

Money Factor .00110
    Gross CAP Cost 38,968.22
    Residual 20,017.50
    Dealer Fees $150 Doc Fee $143 Plates
    Rebates Applied - MAC incentive $2075 and $500 loyalty
    Adjusted Cap Cost / Net cap Cost 36,393.22

$517 a month for 36 months/ 12,000 miles
    $660 out of pocket and this is Dupage Taxes. (Note I live in IL so full sales tax applies on negotiated price of car)
    Thanks and any update on September numbers from MAC or Mazda incentives?
    Thanks - great forum.
  • Options
    dannyfreeddannyfreed Member Posts: 14
    Car Man:

Have they come out yet with September Money Factor and Residual numbers for the 2008 CX-9? Specifically, the GT AWD on a 36-month, 15K mile lease. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi jagman4. I'm glad that you like this forum so much. It is difficult for me to give you my opinion on the selling price that you were quoted for this truck without knowing what either its full MSRP or its dealer invoice price are. The idea is to get as close to dealer invoice as possible. I can tell you though that the dealer is sharing the entire $2,075 lease cash that is currently available on this model with you. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Mazda Credit's buy rate as well. These are both good news.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi dannyfreed. Yes, Mazda has published its September lease program. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,075 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jagman4jagman4 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man
    Thanks for your response; the MSRP (per Mazda USA website) with the CX9 configured as in my earlier email is $39,985.00. As best as I can calculate invoice as configured is $36,827.00. and backing out the sales tax (full added in IL) my lease quote was based on a gross cap cost of $36,330.00. The $2075 lease incentive and $500 loyalty bonus I guess is a further cap cost deduction in the lease quote.
  • Options
    fmennelafmennela Member Posts: 3
    Mazda gave an additional $300 incentive today to move 2008 GT CX9. I am purchasing from a NY Area dealer a Galaxy Gray 2008 GT CX9 AWD with the following:
    GT ASSIST PACKAGE
    TOWING PACKAGE
    MOONROOF/BOSE
    BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM
    COMPASS/AUTODIM MIRROR WITH HOMELINK
    ALL WEATHER MATS
    ROOF RAILS

I was offered $37,950 less $4,000 incentive = $33,950 if paid in cash or (if leasing) $37,550 cap cost less $2,075 incentive= $35,475 net cap cost
    011 MF
    48% residual on MSRP of $40,815.
    Money due at delivery is $595 bank fee
    plus 1st month plus NY sales taxes and registration.

Lease cost per month
    $524.22 per month, 16,500 miles/year, 36 month term.
  • Options
    miket1000miket1000 Member Posts: 12
    Is the $2,075 MAC incentive available on Grand Touring or only on Sport? Mazda website says it is on Sport FWD.

I was told by a PA dealer that $4,000 off invoice is available for purchase w/ no Mazda financing - so this is clearly unavailable for a lease.

I am looking to lease a Grand Touring and trying to use the $2,075.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    backinblack1backinblack1 Member Posts: 10
    Can someone please tell me if this is a good deal for New Jersey

2008 Mazda CX9 AWD Black on Black with Blind Spot Alert

MSRP $35,505

Dealer Price 30,343

24 Month Lease

2,000 down

$411 per month 12,000 miles per year

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    youssefmoyoussefmo Member Posts: 6
    Got an offer on the table for a CX-9 GT FWD Platinum with the Connect pkg, Rear Seat Entertainment/DVD, Blind Spot Alert.

MSRP $39,310
    Purchase Price: $29,100 (not including tax and license)
    60 mo at 4.5% ==> $590 (including tax and license)

Lease Cap Cost: $30,990
    24mo; Residual 56% (15K); MF 0.00044
    No money down or out of pocket...$0
    Payment $474 (includes 7.75% CA tax)

How does this sound? Leaning towards the 24 mo lease, as I'm not sure I wouldn't want another vehicle in a couple of years! Thoughts?
  • Options
    You're welcome, jagman4. Thanks for the additional information. If I understand what you are saying, the selling price that you were quoted is only $500 under invoice. That is really equivalent to $2,000 over invoice once the cash incentives that you are eligible for on this lease are taken into account. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice...after the incentives. That would be around $2,000 less than the price that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi miket1000. The $2,075 cash incentive is available on leases of all trim levels of the 2008 CX-9 through Mazda's captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi backinblack1. I'm not sure if you are interested in the Sport, Touring, or Grand Touring version of this truck, but for now I will assume that there is probably a spread of around $2,500 between the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in. Add to this the $2,075 cash incentive that is available on leases of the '08 CX-9 through Mazda's captive finance company and you have a total of around $4,575 to play with.in your negotiations. So the dealer discount of more than $5,000 that you were quoted looks very attractive to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Mazda's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor of .00044 to calculate your monthly payment and you are in business.

One other thing, I see that you are considering making a $2,000 down payment on your lease. I personally always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much safer if you go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi youssefmo. The selling price that you were quoted on this truck is amazingly low. I'm not sure how the dealer was even able to offer you a price like this, given the fact that there is probably only a $3,200 spread between this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price and an additional $2,075 lease cash (a little over $5,000 total) to play with here. Not only that, but the dealer that you are working with is using Mazda's buy rate lease money factor, the best possible, to calculate your lease. This looks like a great deal. If you like the truck, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jl27jl27 Member Posts: 4
    We just picked up our new 2008 CX-9 Sport AWD with power seat as the only option

MSRP $31700
    Cap Cost $26941 that included the $2075 incentive
    Due at signing was the tax on the incentive (NYS law), DMV fees, and first months payments. Total of $983

36 month 12k per year Taxes in the payment - $399 a month

Carman - How did I do?

Thanks for all your help - You have save me money everytime I lease...
  • Options
    backinblack1backinblack1 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man, thanks so much for your insight and comments. I decided to wait a little bit before diving into the lease. I will once again be asking you for your insight and opinion when I am ready to do the deal.
  • Options
    asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    What dealership in California?
    Considering a 15000 mile 2 year lease, no cap reduction --
    if there is a significant discount from invoice, and low MF to compensate for bad residual.
  • Options
    franzfranz Member Posts: 16
    Car_Man,

I'm looking at leasing a 2008 GT CX-9 for 24 months. I know here in Portland, OR the delaerships have been discounting cash purchase of 2008 CX-9s by more than $10,000 off MSRP. Do you know if I can expect to get the cap cost on a lease down that low? Also, what are the money factors and residuals for October?

Thanks.
  • Options
    barry70barry70 Member Posts: 20
    Hi there,

Have this offer on Long Island (Wantagh Mazda). Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with Sirius and back-up mirror add ons:

MSRP - $34,600
    Dealer Price - $32671
    $1500 Cash Incentive
    Money Factor = .00069
    Resid = 50%

$2400 down: includes taxes upfront, DMV & first month.

10,500K miles/year, 36 month lease.

Price = $445/month.

Thoughts??? MANY thanks in advance.

Barry on Long Island
  • Options
    srexysrexy Member Posts: 8
    Just got a quote from Russell Mazda in Fl

MSRP $34,300
    SP $31,000

that's only $500 below invoice.

Does anyone know if the $4500 below invoice that was reported in September is still going on?
  • Options
    robfloridagoldrobfloridagold Member Posts: 15
    Trying to find out what the latest lease deals are in Florida -- anyone know??
  • Options
    Here's what I have so far:

24m 12k/yr MF: 0.00048 Res: 57%
    36m 12k/yr MF: 0.00101 Res: 46%

Not sure what the cap cost reduction numbers are as I was getting quotes on $0 down.

There's definitely a $2k dealer cash incentive out there and I think there may be more...

These numbers from 2 Tampa Bay dealers.
  • Options
    You're very welcome, jl27. The selling price that you negotiated on this truck looks excellent. I think that you did great. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host

P.S. If you'd like, hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.
  • Options
    No problem, backinblack1. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi franz. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 58%, respectively. Unfortunately, Mazda is not providing lease support on the 2008 CX-9 any longer. If you really want to lease an '08, you would have to do so through an independent bank and take advantage of the $4,250 dealer cash that is available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi srexy. Mazda is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 CX-9 through its captive finance company in October.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    ny14337ny14337 Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking at leasing a 2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD Touring or Grand Touring. I'm going into two dealerships tomorrow on Long Island, NY, in response to adds in the paper. The first one says:

2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD Touring, $0 down lease for $319/36 months. 10K miles per year. First payment, security deposit, taxes and fees due at signing. MSRP $34,710.

The second add says:

2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with Blind Spot monitoring. $0 down lease for $415/36 months. 10K miles per year. Taxes, registration fees, destination charges and $595 bank fee due at signing.

I'm wondering if these look like legitimate numbers and if not, what should I be looking for? I'd prefer to get the Touring and pay the lesser monthly lease.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Those #'s look great! I'm trying to work some dealers here in FL but having a hard time figuring out what hidden incentives are there right now. From those prices I'd say we're looking at significantly more than $4250 non-captive dealer or $1250 captive dealer cash...

Can you tell us which dealers? or alternatively call them and find out the following on each model - these numbers will tell the whole story...

MSRP
    Sale Price
    Money Factor
    Residual

Thanks!
  • Options
    sb1sb1 Member Posts: 2
    youssefmo. This looks like a great deal. It does not seem to compute, but, nevertheless, I'd like to know who is offering this or the name of dealership as I am in market to get same or similar specifications this week.

CX-9 GT FWD.platinum w/connect pkg,rear seat ent/DVD,blind spot alert.

MSRP $39,310
    Lease Cap Cost: $30,990
    24mo; Residual 56% (15K); MF 0.00044
    No money down or out of pocket...$0
    Payment $474 (includes 7.75% CA tax)
  • Options
    indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    Something didn't look right about your numbers. I worked it out and came up with a payment of about $428 per month including sales tax. Not sure where you went wrong. Are you sure your cap cost posted was the NET CAP COST and not just the sale price. You have to include all fees plus the cap cost (sale price). This number is the net cap cost.
  • Options
    sb1sb1 Member Posts: 2
    the figures were from youseff.

localy, i am being offered: on 2008 cx-9 GT AWD, with nav, sirius, roof rack, dvd rear ent, blindspot.

sales price 40,850
    net cap cost 36,956
    45% residual
    36 months
    0 down
    .00048 money factor
    $598 pmonth including nev sales tax.

does this sound reasonable?
  • Options
    Not that it's the same car but you could lease a Porsche Boxster for $600.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Sure.... with $6000 upfront... for 48 months..

So... it's not the same car... or the same lease.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    Not to defend the guy, but I have seen a Porsche Boxster lease advertised for $599. But you are right, not the same car, lease, terms, down pmt. etc. He is an idiot but also kind of partially correct.
  • Options
    How about a better response in regards to LEASING a Mazda CX-9.....you could BUY a $37K CX-9 on a 72 month loan for only $613. Why would you pay $600 to lease it??? Makes no sense. By the way I have seen Boxter leases for way less than $6K down and $600 a month.

The guy asked anyone's opinion on his current lease offer and I am giving one.
  • Options
    jay13jay13 Member Posts: 9
    It's a little higher than I'm being offered for a 39 month 15,000 per year lease. Mine has the exact same sticker; the cap cost is $32,750; -- but here's the real kicker -- in order to get the price that low, the car had to be purchased from Mazda and leased through another company -- whose money factor is a whopping .00275 (6.6%) and whose residual is only 44%. No money down (first payment + license).

I took it anyway because at $550 all in ($519 before sales tax) looks to be a damn good price for a loaded out 2008 based upon the other deals I see here at lower money factors.
  • Options
    bionic620bionic620 Member Posts: 3
    I recently got a qoute from Koeppel Mazda in New York for a 09 CX9 Grand Touring AWD with moonroof and bose system for 389 per month for 36 month and 2000 down payment. Is this a good deal.
This discussion has been closed.