Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• rerodgersrerodgers Member Posts: 27
    Sorry for the double post in car buying questions. Ididn't see tis forum topic.

Car_Man,

Can you give me the current money factors and residual values for a CX-9 Grand touring fully loaded. MSRP around $40K for a 36 and 39 month lease with 15K miles per year for someone with excellent credit >800 FICO. Are there any current dealer incentives on 09's? Also assume zero cap cost reduction.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Sorry, i forgot to mention that its a GT AWD model in my prior post.

Thanks
    Car_man, I desperately need the current MF and residuals for a 2009 GT AWD for 36 & 39 month lease with 15K miles.

Thanks,
  • bajaspeedbajaspeed Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody know residual and money factor for GT, 15K miles and 36 months on 2009's? Are there any incentives for the month?
  • bajaspeedbajaspeed Member Posts: 5
    Can you give me residual and MF for a 2009 AWD GT for 36 & 39 mo and 15k and any incentives for the month of December.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I just leased a 2009. I leased for 36/mo with 15K miles per year. The residual was 48% and the money factor was .00093. I was told that the residuals and MF change for a 39 month lease.
  • e39bimmere39bimmer Member Posts: 1
    May I ask what the lease payments came out to? I'm looking at a 2008 GT with just about every option GT assistance, Moon roof Dual headrest dvd, looking at $469 on a 36 month lease at 12K with Tax and tags paid out of pocket.
    my payment for a 2009 GT AWD is $550. However, i was told that chase is running a killer deal on 2008 leases. The interest rate was .5% and the residual was 44% for 15K mile lease. Your deal sounds really good. Good luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, rerodgers. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00138 and 46%.

Mazda is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the '09 CX-9. There is an additional grand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey rerodgers. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for. Good luck and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, rerodgers. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00138 and 46%.

Mazda is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the '09 CX-9. There is an additional grand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • PodBimmerPodBimmer Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know money factors and residuals for 2008 (not '09) leases - 36 month/15k?

Thanks much.
  • ncvfc17ncvfc17 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man, do you know the residual being used for a 10K per year 36 month lease on a Touring CX-9?
  • jupsajupsa Member Posts: 3
    South Florida
    2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
    GT assist
    Moonroof
    ++
    ------------------------------
    Cash Purchase
    39,280 MSRP
    31,680 asking price
    33,800 OTD
    Lease
    36 mo
    15k / yr
    $0 due at signing
    34,200 Gross Cap Cost
    42% resid
    .00023 factor
    $534 total payment (with tax)
    -------------------------------

He says the incentive is not as good for a lease and that is why the cap cost is so much more than the cash price. Is this bulls*^t?
  • ncvfc17ncvfc17 Member Posts: 3
    To clarify, I am looking at a Touring AWD Mazda CX-9. I have a Ford Motor Company S Plan PIN number, so the price is fixed. They have quoted me a lease rate of $476 per month with only the inception fees down (approx. $1000). I think they are playing games with the money factor because the numbers just don't work.
  • thedude10thedude10 Member Posts: 4
    I don't think the dealer is bulls*&tting you. My dealer has similar numbers. The money factor on '08 leases is excellent, and there is Mazda lease support of at least $ 2K (but not the $4250 for purchases). I've done the math, and with such a good money factor, the lease is essentially equivalent to buying at a 4 - 4.5% loan rate.
    Thanks for the reply. I came to the same conclusion on my analysis of lease vs purchase. Do you think 42% residual is the correct number? Seems a little low. My dealer is telling me that the incentive on the lease is 2,250 vs 4,250 on purchase.
  • cptencacptenca Member Posts: 4
    Need some clarification:

Just left the dealer. Offer on CX-9, 2009, GT w/ MRoof and Bose.

Sticker: $36,635
    Price offered: $34,150
    3/36k lease: $574
    money factor: .00093
    Residual: 46

does not look like a good deal. invoice should be around $33,804. $3,000 dealer money should come off of that, then the $2,250 lease money.

so more like sales price of $31,150 and cap cost reduction of $2,250.

Do my numbers look right?
  • davnj76davnj76 Member Posts: 1
    Here was the deal:

2009 GT AWD (Base GT Model...Only had Roof Rails and BS Monitoring)
    MSRP: 36,050
    Price w. Discounts: 33,000
    Lease deal:
    3yr/45k miles: $465/mo (includes 7% tax)
    Due at signing: $1,671 (1st mo pmy, Registration, etc...)

I thought this was a great deal considering they rolled the remaining 4 payments of my 2007 CX-7 into this lease.

If anyone is interested, deal was done at Flemington Mazda in NJ. All together was a great experience.
  • thedude10thedude10 Member Posts: 4
    jupsa, your deal looks about right to me. I believe my dealer told me a 43% residual on 2008 GT with 15K miles/year, but I may be wrong. It does seem that if Mazda's incentive is $4250 on purchases, and $2250 on leases, the the lease cap cost should be $2K more than the purchase price (unless some other specific charge is being rolled in). In your case it looked like the lease cap cost was higher than it should be. I have just committed to an AWD GT 2008 with MSRP of $38,305. Purchase price offered is $29,975. 36 month lease @15K/year with first payment (so total of 35 payments), taxes, title, tags and gap insurance all rolled in is $499.75/month (35 total payments). As I posted earlier, the lease (followed by purchase at lease end paid over 24 months) works out to be very close in total cost to purchase with finance at ~4% over 5 years. The lease of course has the additional advantage of the benefit from the time-value of money with lower payments early on, and the inherent flexibility of a lease in case you hate the vehicle at 3 years.

cptenca, I don't know what incentives are available on the 2009's, but I think you're looking for more money than is there. The 2008's have the discounts/incentives for purchase and lease as stated by jupsa above. Money beyond that is dealer holdback (~$665), and additional dealer money. This money (~$5k total) is generally what people are getting off invoice (~$8K off MSRP) for purchases
    Thanks for the help thedude10 et al. The dealer didn't want to come down any more on the lease so I decided to do a cash deal.

Final Numbers:
    South Florida
    2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
    GT assist
    Moonroof
    ++
    Cash Purchase
    39,280 MSRP
    31,680 asking price (including all fees)
    33,800 OTD

This was very close to the dealers first offer. He dropped a couple hundred after I hemmed and hawed via phone and email for close to a week while gathering other quotes. The other dealer quotes were not nearly as good. I estimate that I paid about $650 over dealer cost.

In the end, a sweet new ride...for my wife!!! I get the '03 Expedition now.

Have fun out there.
  • BCD31BCD31 Member Posts: 4
    hi Carman,

Can you please post the MF and residual percentage for a 36 month lease at 12k per year for both a 2008 cx-9 sport AWD? Is Mazda's captive fin co. providing the best lease package at this point? I am located in the Northeast (CT). Is their more incentive to lease a 2009 in terms of MF and residual? Probably wont get more of discount on a 2009 than a 2008 in terms of cap cost.

Thank you!
    BCD31
    Hi PodBimmer. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The money factor for a Grand Touring AWD is the same, but the residual value is 48%.

When negotiating your lease on this model, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ncvfc17. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00093 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new CX-9, davnj76. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. If you'd like, you can also tell everyone about your experience at Flemington Mazda in greater detail over in the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Happy Holidays and enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi BCD31. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda is not providing lease support on the 2008 CX-9 any longer. It does have a special lease program on the 2009 model though. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 20090 CX-9 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00093 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I just leased an 09 GT (fully loaded with GT Assist Package, Moonroof/Bose, Roof Rack, Trailer Tow Hitch Receiver: MSRP for $40,860) for $36,932 (including TT&L and no money down, except first payment) at Brown's Mazda in Alexandria, VA. It's for 36 months at 12k/yr at $551/month. The MF is .00093 and residual is at 49%,
  • cptencacptenca Member Posts: 4
    What money factor and residual are in effect as of today?

36mo
    09GT
  • avmbaavmba Member Posts: 27
    I am also interested in this information - CarMan, can you help?

I am looking at an 09 Mazda CX-9 GT (FWD) with just about every option. Would appreciate MF and residual for 36 months unless there is a more compelling short-term offer available.

Thanks
    Here you go, cptenca. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00073 and 49%, respectively. When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Mazda is providing on leases of this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey avmba. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 44%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. This trim level is eligible for the $1,250 cash that I mentioned in my previous post as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • biscuttbiscutt Member Posts: 6
    I am considering a 36 month 12k/year lease for a 2008 cx-9 GT w/ navigation, gt-assist, bose stereo moonroof, but no dvd player. I am rolling all up front costs into the monthly payment. what should my monthly payments be with no money down and 35 monthly payments?
  • avmbaavmba Member Posts: 27
    I was quoted $10k off MSRP for an 08 GT with all those features (including $1k owner loyalty) with the following lease assumptions:

36 Month term
    0.00023 money factor
    42% residual
    12k miles per year

taxes and fees will vary by locale, but plug all this into a lease calculator (found ont the web) and you can get to a figure. Assume $450 or so given these assumptions without much money down except licensing, first month pymt, etc...
    that's lower than the $500/month I'm hearing, but the $500 quote I have rolls the TT&L into the lease payment. Were you quoted $450 with TT&L paid up front or rolle dinto the lease?
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I'm curious as to why you would consider paying $500/m lease on an 08 (which is already a year old) and for another $50 or so, you could have a fully-loaded 09 GT (no money down and including TT&L)?

BTW, the 09 has the "INFO" features that the 08 did not, with many of the "extra" features now as standard (such as Blind Spot Monitor or BSM)!
    I didn't know that. As it turns out, i bought a Lexus RX-350 loaded for $600/month, no money down except licensing
  • cmarinellicmarinelli Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_Man,
    First I want to thank you for all the help you have provided people on these leasing forums. I have personally learned a lot from your responses on my last two leases. You've probably saved consumers literally millions of dollars with your help.

I was hoping to get the current mf and residual for a Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD, 10K miles/mo, 36 months. I am aware of a 1,250 lease support from Mazda and $750 dealer support. Is this support entirely optional? Does it cut into his holdback?

Thanks,
    CM
  • anjony1anjony1 Member Posts: 28
    can you please say if this is a good deal...

MSRP 32,380
    Selling price: 30,062 (he told me he's selling at invoice)
    MF: .00073
    Residual: 51%
    3 year lease @ 10k miles/year
    Acq fee: 595
    Out of pocket $1,500

Monthly payment: $430 including tax
    Dealer is Open Road Mazda in East Brunswick NJ

Here are also additional items he is "including": He will waive the first month payment on CX 9 ($430) plus he will pay last payment on my Hummer H3 ($430)

All told, is this a good deal? Used a couple calculators and I am close but I know there is a $1750 lease support out there
  • felixdcfelixdc Member Posts: 10
    This is my quote on an 09 CX9 FWD touring with RES, roof rails, cargo cover
    msrp - $35500
    money factor -.00073
    residual - .46
    incentive -$1250
    out of pocket -$1250
    15kmiles/year
    $461/month including 7.75 % taxes
    Is this good?
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    I'm not sure if that is a good deal or a bad as I haven't been following CX-9 prices in a while. But here is the deal that I got a year ago from Wayne Mazda is NJ.

CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with the Moon Roof/Bose package
    27 Month lease, 10000 Miles/year
    Due at signing was $1245

Monthly payment is $450 which includes taxes.
  • hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    does anyone know the current lease terms - residual, mf etc., for a 15k/yr 36month lease on a 2008?

Thanks
  • drew66drew66 Member Posts: 2
    From what I was told by a couple of dealers there is no lease program on the 08's anymore. Not saying that is correct, but is what I was told.
    Carman,

Is this a good deal?

2009 CX9 FWD with RES, cargo cover, roof rails
    MSRP $35500
    $1250 down
    $1250 cash back
    3 years/15k miles
    .00073 money factor
    46% residual
    $457.70/month

Thanks,
    Felix
    I finally got my CX9 with the following details:
    2008 CX9 Touring Fwd with RES, cargo cover, roof rails
    Msrp : $35500
    money factor: .00073
    15k miles/year
    46% residual
    $1800 below invoice
    $1250 down
    $1250 lease support
    $447/ mo including ttl 7.75% tax
    Awesome deal!
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Member Posts: 23
    I was considering buying the car as we had agreed to a $26,500 out the door price with all the fees and everything for the car. I thought that was an excellent deal ($24,000) especially when comparing it to the Acadia, Pilot, and Highlander I wanted to compare the lease versus the buy and she gave us a $408. payment including taxes for a 36 month lease with 15K miles.($1500 out of pocket) When I sat with the finance manager, she had offered me a 6.99% loan from Chase which I thought was a little higher than I thought I would get. I honestly thought I would do a little better in that department. Perhaps these are the times. I was going to put down $4500 for the purchase and finance $22,000 whch came out to $436 a month. It seems that by leasing the car the numbers would work out to be a wash. I proceeded to lease. My residual is about $13,300 after the three years. This was a no brainer. $1500 total out of pocket which includes my first payment plus 35 more payemnts of $408 a month. At the end, my buyout is $13,300. Why take the risk upfront when the decision can be made in three years. In this case the numbers are about even. When you consider how much more difficult it is to lease these days in comparison to what it used to be a few eyars ago, Mazda still offes good deals. None of the other models came close to the price Mazda is offering, but more importantly, I fee like the car is unmatched. By teh wya they did not have many 2008 left
    Typo.. My purchase was a 2009 model.
  • hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    >I finally got my CX9 with the following details:
    >2008 CX9 Touring Fwd with RES, cargo cover, roof rails
    >Msrp : $35500 ...

Great deal...
    Did the lease support cover the down payment (0 out the door)?
    For this 2009 fwd touring msrp 35500 and invoice of 32900, they gave it to me for $31070, I had to put down an extra $1250 + dealer cash = $1250 to arrive at $447/mo. I love the car!
    Thank you cmarinelli. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through March 2nd, Mazda's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00073 and 50%, respectively.

I am familiar with the $1,250 lease support that you mentioned, but I haven't heard anything about the $750 dealer cash. The $1,250 is paid for by Mazda and doesn't cost the dealer a thing. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating the selling price for the vehicle that you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbq. Mazda is not providing lease support on the 2008 CX-9 any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease one you will be better off going with a 2009 model. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 GT FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 44%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

The aforementioned incentives are only scheduled to run through today, March 2nd. Mazda will likely introduce its new March program tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me and I will gladly fill you in on the details of what the new program is like.

If you are determined to go with a 2008 CX-9, you can finance it through Mazda at 0% for up to 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years and take advantage of a $1,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.