Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lsnhc. What you were told is correct. The $4,000 dealer cash that Mazda is currently providing on the 2009 CX-9 is not compatible with its special financing or lease programs. Having said this, there is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • glh205glh205 Member Posts: 22
    Been offerred cx-9 touring with 6 cd changer and sunroof
    15k miles per year
    first month + $595 down at signing
    $515 per month

good deal?
  • walktofastwalktofast Member Posts: 10
    This is posted on the web site of the Mazda dealer in Massachusetts. I am looking both the 7 and 9. (will post the lease info under 7 as I am not sure which way to go) I really don't have the 3k to part with so trying to figure out what I could do to lower the down payment and still keep payments low. They don't have any 08 models.

New 2009 Mazda CX-9 Sport FWD
    BUY FOR $23,683

Lease for $329
    Per Month
    Stk#M90496
    MSRP $30,540. Automatic. Price plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All dealer and factory rebates and incentives due to dealer. Vehicle must be paid for at time of purchase. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. $26,183 cap cost. $3000 due at inception, plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All lease payments include destination. Subject to Chase Mazda tier 0-3 approval. 0% APR financing available for qualified customers. Cannot combine offers. Vehicle shown for illustration purposes only. Subject to prior sale. Offers end 7/31/09
  • glh205glh205 Member Posts: 22
    CX-9 Touring Moonroof MSRP $35,795 39 month lease
    Selling Price $32,250 15k per year
    Monthly payment $506.61 Residual 45.
    Money factor 00100 Plus DMV
    595. bank fee
  • dockydocky Member Posts: 11
    Does anything change when it comes to CX9 2009 Touring demo? Didn't buy, but got down to $28,500 for a demo with 4K miles (I think they would have made a few bucks with the trade, but it paid off my note), it had remote start and moonroof/bose pkg.

What would a lease look like with 15k miles per year?

Thanks
  • hooopshooops Member Posts: 64
    Car_man,

Can you please post the CX-9 Sport and Touring models for 2 and 3 year leases, each with 15k mi / yr. If there's any lease cash or other support, can you list it as well,

Thanks
    Hey hooops. Here you go. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00081 and 46%.

Its money factors for the '09 CX-9 Touring AWD are exactly the same, but its residual values for this model are 1% higher at 55% and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooopshooops Member Posts: 64
    Car_man, Thanks a lot for the numbers. Do you know if Mazda is offering any incentives (lease cash) that can be applied?

Thanks again
    No problem, hooops. Yes, Mazda is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 CX-9 using its special program.

Car_man
    Host
  • alextroyalextroy Member Posts: 7
    Want advice on following deal offered please.

2009 CX-9 Touring
    Black/Sand
    Only added option is Roof Rack
    36 month lease
    15k miles per year
    Sales Tax and 1st month at signing = $2,200
    Dealer is making my last 3 payments on my current car ($342/month) and is covering the $450 in over-milage fees on my current lease.

$483/month

thanks in advamce
    Hi alextroy. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal would be to look at what this truck's selling price is in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is important for you as a consumer to know how much you are being charged for the item that you want to purchase. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • parky49parky49 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man

My lease on my 2008 CX-9 GT expires 10/08/09. Do you know the money factors and residuals for 2009 GT with 15K miles per. Also do you know if the 2010's will be out son and what that ease info is?

Thanks
  • njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    Car Man,

Can you please post the money factor and residual percentage for the CX9 Touring AWD for 36 months and 12,000 miles?

thanks
    Hi parky49. Mazda's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 45%, respectively. Mazda has not published a lease program for the 2010 model yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings njmdx. Here's the info that you're interested in. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00059 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of it this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • parky49parky49 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man

Thank you for the info. Wouldn't I be better off leasing a 2010 vs a 2009. I am thinking the residual value on the 2010 would be higher than the 2009.

It is also interesting to note that if the residual fpr the CX9 AWD GT with 36K miles per is 45% and for the same car with 12K miles it is 49%, assuming an MSRP of $40,500, the mileage charge works out to be about $.27 per mile.
  • njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    Car Man,

Can you please post the money factor and residual percentage for the CX9 Sport AWD for 36 months and 12,000 miles?

thanks
    You might be better off leasing a 2010 model right now, parky49. I haven't crunched the numbers for both. A large part of which one is a better deal will depend upon what sort of selling prices you are able to negotiate.

Mazda finally introduced a special program on the 2010 model. Its October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey njmdx. Here's the info that you're interested in.

Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00079 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 model are .00059 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    2010 GT 2000 total OOP @ $509 / 36 mos no NAV 12k yr

2010 TOURING 2000 total OOP @ 465 / 36 mos no NAV 12k yr
  • alsoliaalsolia Member Posts: 15
    Hello Car Man,

first of all thanks for all the great info you are providing us across the different boards.

I found one of the last 2009 CX9 GT FWD available near miami (40K MSRP but negotiated at 31,500 usd)... I am considering a lease for this car... what are the money factor and residual value (10k miles / year for 36 months) for it please? I am planning to go this week end for finalizing the deal and want to be ready for it ;)
    tks
  • texasmaxtexasmax Member Posts: 75
    First of all ,thanks for all of this incredibly useful information!

Question on these residual %s- is it correct that option packages (specifically Moonroof/Bose 1MC and Nav NV3) have a much steeper depreciation than the trim level itself?

Thank you!
    Well, I missed the last 2009 CX9 GT in my region so I have to go with a 2010.

Can someone provide me please the residual value and money factor for 2010 GT FWD for a 36 months lease, 10 k miles/year?

thanks
  • remmibremmib Member Posts: 32
    It appears 2009 is still a better deal even factoring in lower residual...(also lower money factor), but I can't find a 2009 CX-9 nearby that has the option I want.

My 2008 CX-9 lease is coming to the end this Sunday. Now the 24 month lease rates are not good all, 36 month is more reasonable. (similar to 2 years ago).

Here is the offer I got for a 12k miles 36 month lease:
    2010 GT AWD, Moonroof + Nav
    MSRP 39511 , sell price 35500 ($500 below inovice)
    money factor 0.00079
    Residual 51%

Work out to be around $510 + tax with 0 down.

24month is 59% residual, 0.00059 money factor,
    about $590 + tax per moth, with 0 down.

What do you think? reasonable deal?

My current lease: 08 GT AWD moon roof + Nav 24k month 12k miles , 65% residual and 0.00079 money factor, with 1500 down $470+tax per month
    Much sweeter than the current 24month deal. Sell price and MSRP is almost identical to the 2010 model.
  • mtnjmtnj Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I am in the market for a 2010 CX9 Touring model with sunroof/bose. I got an offer from a lease dealer for approx. $435 month,(excl tax), no money down except inception fees, i.e - bank fee,first month, plates, total about $2500. Can anyone who has leased or is in process of leasing this car let me know if this is a fair deal? Thanks!
    hi all,

just came back from the dealer where I got my new CX9 2010... here is the deal I got

2010 CX GT FWD with RSES and Nav (MSRP: 38,915 usd)
    Got it for 35,6100 usd

My lease was then:
    36 months - 10 k miles/year
    Residual: 50% (pretty low in fact)
    Money factor: 0.00079 (1.9 % APR)
    508 usd/mo + inception fees (about 1700 usd)

Fair deal i think and the car is really great.

Hope these info help you guys

good luck
    You're very welcome, alsolia. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 GT FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00059 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you find this site so useful, texasmax. While the CX-9's residual values vary by trim level, i.e. the resids for the GT AWD are different than the resids for the Sport FWD, the options that the truck that you want is equipped with has no impact upon its residual value percentage. To calculate the residual value of the truck that you want, just take a percentage of its full MSRP, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, alsolia. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 GT FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00079 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • texasmaxtexasmax Member Posts: 75
    Car_man- thanks!!

So here's the quote I'm currently getting:
    2010 GT FWD moonroof, NAV (and the pearl paint)
    $1500 out of pocket, $600/month for a 36-month, 12k mile/year lease.
    This includes the 6.25% tax in TX.

Looks like I'm paying roughly 36.1k on a 38015 sticker (incl. destination + tags, lic, and whatever else is in there).

Do I have much room to play here?

Thanks!!!
  • coog31coog31 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car Man & all Posters!!

This forum is GREAT!! Wish I found it two weeks ago!! Here's my current lease offer with the Moon & Bose package:

MSRP = $35,557
    ADJ CAP = $33,490
    TERM = 36
    MILES = 12k
    RES = 53%
    MF = .00079
    BANK FEES = 595 acq, 300 disp =/
    DMV = 95.50

My question to Car Man & All: is there more wiggle room in this deal? Particularly the bank fees & Resid. Im currently playing tennis with the Cap Cost. Thanks in advance!!!
  • dvakadukedvakaduke Member Posts: 8
    Couple of questions for the experts:

1) what are the current lease rates, etc for a 36 month, 12k miles per year for the 2009 and 2010 CX-9 GT AWD? There seem to be a lot of '09 and '10 models in the Seattle market, so want to consider both.

2) I saw in some other posts that there were significant factory to dealer incentives for the 2009 enabling deals up to $4,500 to $5,000 BELOW invoice price. Is this still available? That kind of incentive might very much impact if I make a move.

Thanks!

Don
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    I just worked a deal, would like to make certain I did OK before picking up the vehicle. I noticed a $595 'acquisition fee' on the paperwork - does anyone know if acquisition fees are applicable for S-Plan purchases? I thought they were exempt...

Here are the rest of the details:
    2010 CX9 AWD Touring w/ Moonroof / Bose and Power Liftgate
    MSRP: $35,557
    S-Plan: $32,791
    Loyalty Cash: $500

Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: 0.00060
    Term: 36 Months / 12,000 Miles Annually

Acquisition Fee: $595.00
    Gross Cap Cost: $33,386.00
    Cap Cost Reduction (Loyalty Cash): $500
    Adj Cap Cost: $32,886

Sales Tax: 6%
    Monthly Payment $446.03
    # of Payments: 35 (Mazda makes first payment according to dealer)
    Depreciation: $14,030.19
    Rent Charge: $1,117.89

Should I have to pay the $595 Acquisition Fee for an S-Plan purchase? Did I do OK with pricing? Also, there's a $300 dispostion fee I noticed that I'm not crazy about... appreciate any input anyone may have, as I'm supposed to pick up the car on Monday.
  • coog31coog31 Member Posts: 5
    Im not familiar with this S-Plan lease. Is it regional? Im in the metro NY area. Youre numbers are better than what I was quoted for the same exactly vehicle, MSRP and term. But you got a better MF (i was quoted .00079 and i thought that was good!!) and loyalty cash. The last quote I got from my dealer was $33,190 for Gross Cap. But Im not sure I understand how you went from 32,791 up to 33,386 as a final price??

Anyway, to answer your question about the bank fees, yes, those are correct and identical to the ones quoted to me. That comes from Chase bank and as far as I know they not negotiable, but maybe someone can shed some light on that subject.

And I also dont believe the dealer is paying your first month's payment! Sounds too good to be true!! How do you know this for certain? These guys are very, very slick!! It also sounds like youre locked into this deal, how would you get out of it if you just learned (thru this forum) that you got rapped??

Im not sure if the deal you got would be considered "killer" but it's pretty damn close to the one I was offered yesterday. So take that for what it's worth. Good luck and enjoy your new CX-9!!

:)
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Coog91 - appreciate your response! The S-Plan is for suppliers (like Ford's X-Plan), so it's a national program. The dealer pushed the $595 acquisition fee into my cap, so the gross cap jumped up from invoice (S-Plan price = Dealer Invoice for the most part). Sounds like you negotiated below dealer invoice - with the S-Plan, there's no real negotiating, but the dealer can throw in sweeteners.

Based on your response, sounds like the acquisition fee is a standard fee from Chase so I shouldn't get upset about it.

My paperwork shows credits of $500 loyalty cash, plus another $446 for my first monthly payment and another $30 for tax on the $446 (credit at signing of $976), and also shows that I will make 35 payments instead of 36 on the top, but the lease calculation is based on 36 months. Seems a little odd, but the dealer is telling me that when I pick up the vehicle I shouldn't expect to write a check with the exception of title / tag fees. Paying 35 payments for a 36 month lease does seem a little too good to be true - which is why I'm asking the forum. I'm assuming this is part of the advertised 'drive off' event, but the dealer didn't mention that.

I'm picking it up tomorrow, so if there's a big issue I can back out, but sounds like it's in-line with others. I'll have the car for 36 months, will make 35 payments of $446... plus a $300 disposition fee at the end of the lease (which I understand is standard but still hate). So - zero down, 36 month lease, 35 payments @ $446 = $15,610 paid over life of lease. Does that compare well with total payment for your purchase?

Now that price is (I think) behind me, all I have to agonize over is choosing liquid silver over copper red!
  • fsufanfsufan Member Posts: 35
    CarMan, Mazda has a lease deal posted on their website $399 month for 2010 CX-9 Sport FWD. 0 down 0 security, 0 first month payment $595 acquisition fee. Are they waiving the first payment or rolling it into the overall deal?

I'm interested in the 2010 CX-9 Sport AWD in the NJ area.
    What is the money factor and residual on this vehicle for the 36 month/36,000 mi. & the 42 month 42000 mi. lease terms? Thanks.
  • texascuvtexascuv Member Posts: 9
    I was offered the following deal on a 2010 Touring FWD MSRP $31,305:

42 month, 12k miles / year
    MF: 0.00075
    Residual: 47%
    After a few rounds we were quoted a payment of $429/month which includes Texas sales tax of 6.25 % on the entire price of the vehicle.

We were negotiating the terms but had to leave before getting the final adj cap cost. We did drive the vehicle home but plan to go back and do the paperwork on Monday. Any thoughts?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You should get $2700 off msrp. That should be the cap cost.Check overstock dot com.Print and take it with you.See what they tell you it is. If you run the numbers your lease will be $406 not $429. They are scalping you on the cap cost by about 1k. When you bring the car back tell them after driving it you are not sure you like it that much but will do the deal for 406. Good luck.If you get your first month paid like the ad then $419 should be the most you should pay but shoot for 406 and start walking out the door. I believe there is $1500 loyalty cash if you own a mazda. So if you do keep that in mind.
    Hi,
    I went to see a sales rep, referred by a friend. We agreed on a price but no deposits just verbal because the car has to be found at another dealer. Just wanted to run it by you guys since it will be easy to tell them no. The offer is: 2010 cx9 touring model with bose/leather/moonroof package - $441/month, $2000 down, which is to go towards taxes/bank fee/tags&title and 1st month payment. 39/mo - 12000 per. I live in NY/NJ area. Does this sound reasonable to those who have bought or are in process of buying? Also, I see the interest rates are fairly low for the cx-9 right now, has anyone felt that a buy makes more sense economically with the numbers we have been seeing? Thanks in advance for your help!!
  • dvakadukedvakaduke Member Posts: 8
    jayrider,

just a couple of thoughts from a non-expert here based on my current investigation of leasing a 2010 CX9.

1) lease rates are awesome right now - money factor i was quoted was .00060, which translates to a 1.44% interest rate for a 36 month lease with 12k miles

2) i'm surprised at the large down payment?? at least where i live (WA state), with the current Mazda drive off event, there should be no down, no first months payment, etc. I was told that drive off costs would be tax on the first months payment, doc fee (which is negotiable in my state), and license fees - so only a few hundred bucks to drive the car off the lot. $2,000 seems like a lot, unless they're doing some sort of cap reduction or something.

3) you should probably find out from the sales guy the following for the experts on the board to tell you if you got a good deal:

MSRP:
    Selling Price:
    Money Factor:
    Residual %:

Just my two cents...

Don
    The mazda deal is pretty good. The residuals are poor but the money factor is great. Mazda web site is advertising 42 month leases which i don't like. 36 is plenty and keeps you in warranty though the payment is higher. The post I commented on had everything but the cap cost. Found the best price and filled in the blank to figure the lease. Didn't see any 2k down.
    Well, the 2K down is not to make the car cheaper, it is to cover required fees and taxes. i.e - bank fee/MV fees/1st months payment and taxes. i assume if i didnt pay upfront it would be rolled into payment, no? Let em know if that seems right! Thank you.
    Jayrider,

Can you please tell me how you end up with $406? My $429 payment includes Texas 6.25% sales tax. In Texas we pay sales tax on the entire purchase price ( base cap cost) not just on payments. I don't own Mazda.
    Most people who lease roll the tax into the payment. Mazda should make your first payment according to the drive-off promotion. The ad is to the right of the page. Then you have fees of course -- do what you feel suits you.
    msrp = 31305 [%47] cap cost 28605 [overstock] res = 14713 tax = 1787

28605 - 14713 = 13892/42 = 331

28605 + 1473 = 30078 X .00075 = 23

tax 1787 / 42 = 42

Add them up and I come up with $396 Check my math -- if i do it again it might get cheaper. :) Mazda says they make your first payment. I can here them squeal murder already.
    After visiting Mazdas website it seems that the 0 first month payment applies to the CX9 Sport model. It didn't indicate the same offer for the touring or the grand touring models. Just a note you may want to check out.
    Jayrider,

Thanks for breaking it down for me. Other than the rent charge calculation your math is right. For the rent charge it should be 28605 + 14713 = 43,318 X .00075 = 32.49
    I don't understand what Mazda is doing to the acquisition fee though. I did the numbers on their $399 example on the website and I can't figure out how the acquisition fee is charged. Oh and one more thing, the overstock price for my zip code is $29,584. I know that there is a $1,000 factory to dealer cash incentive but it doesn't seem that anyone was/is able to get that combined with special financing or special lease.
    acquisition fees are extra -- you usually pay those at closing but I guess you can roll them in. Do your lease in my zipcode. Take a cheap one way flight and drive home. Worth the 1k. :)
    I guess I forgot to mention that the $429/month had the $595 acquisition fee rolled in, which comes to about $14/month ($595/42).
    When you forget stuff then I have to forgive you for the error of your ways. Consider yourself forgiven. :) All in all I don't think the lease is too bad. If you like the cx 9 go for it. My bias though is to stick with 36 months to stay within the warranty. they will try to sell you an extended warranty. Take the cost and factor it into your payments. Then redo your lease based on 36 months vs 42 months and see which is cheaper. Go for that option. Don't forget to ask for 3 years of oil changes to seal the deal. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.