Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    That is why I steer clear of leasing.
  • gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    I know rates are the same for AWD Touring 15k/yr. (0.00165 / 53%) ($685 Lease cash and $500 Owner Loyalty)
  • nom2nom2 Member Posts: 13
    Car man,

I am considering both a CX-9 Touring FWD and Grand Touring FWD, both with moonroof and liftgate package.

Could you please tell me the April MF and residual for these two vehicles at 36 months and 12k miles?

Thank you
    Nom
  • dhearschdhearsch Member Posts: 7
    Could somebody please post the May rates (residual and MF) for a CX-9 Touring (with Bose/moonroof if it makes any difference) with 15K miles per year for both 36 and 42 month leases? Just went to the dealer for initial numbers and now need to start negotiating. FYI they included $1250 in rebates ($500 loyalty for lease turn in, then an additional $750 for something). Here is what they gave me out of the box (rounded):

42 month / 15K miles
    MSRP $34,427
    Rebate: $1250
    Preferred Customer Discount: $1,530
    Total Cap Cost: $31,646

Service fee: $400

First payment: $915 (service fee plus first month)
    Monthly payment: $515

Thanks,
    Darren
    Sorry - forgot to note that this was an FWD vehicle and the payment listed included Georgia sales tax.
  • krt3krt3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to possibly lease a CX-9 GT AWD w/ Nav for 36-39 months at 10,000 miles per year. Could you provide me with the May money factors and residuals for these two lease terms?

Thanks!
    As a follow-up, the dealership quoted me the following residuals and money factors for the lease mentioned above (CX-9 FWD Touring, 15K per year)

42 months - .00165 MF, 45% residual (ouch)
    36 months - .00134 MF, 49% residual

Car man - can you confirm that these are the official numbers?
  • starikstarik Member Posts: 3
    Hi dhearsch,

What as the payment calculated based on these numbers?
    It seems that 36-mo should be around 480/mo including tax, right?

Thank you.
    Not even close...here is the deal they offered me (haven't negotiated anything yet):

42 month / 15K miles
    MSRP $34,427
    Rebate: $1250
    Preferred Customer Discount: $1,530
    Total Cap Cost: $31,646

Service fee: $400

First payment: $915 (service fee plus first month)
    Monthly payment: $515

For 36 months, the payment is $532
  • ccracinccracin Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman, I have to say the information you provide is outstanding. I currently have an Outlook XR AWD lease coming to an end in June. I am interested in the current lease factors and residuals for the CX9 Grand Touring AWD. I would be interested in 12K and 15K 36 month lease. Any information you can provide would be helpful. I am in southwestern PA. Any incentives? Thanks for any information you can provide.
  • starikstarik Member Posts: 3
    hmm.. not sure what your tax is, but according to http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm - your monthly payment before tax should be $475.48.

I was quoted $495 including tax for Touring FWD w/almost the same MSRP. (but I was willing to make a total drive-off $1,500)
    Just wanted to post an update. Spoke with another dealer who was much more up-front about pricing for the CX-9. It turns out that there is currently $2750 in rebates available if you are turning in a CX-9 lease:

$500 Mazda loyalty
    $750 lease rebate
    $1500 Mazda CX-9 lease retention incentive

I've been offered the vehicle I want for about $600 under invoice, which will put my payment in the mid-$400's. Now just need to decide between black, blue or gray!
  • krt3krt3 Member Posts: 5
    For anyone that is interested, just went out to a bunch of NJ dealers looking for a 36-42 month lease, 10,000 miles annually on a CX-9 GT AWD. Residuals and money factors I was quoted are as follows:

36 month
    51% Residual
    .00124 MF

39 Month
    49% Residual
    .00135 MF

42 Month
    49% Residual
    .00155 MF

From some dealers, I also received quotes for a 39 month lease through Hann Financial. They are doing a 56% residual and a .0021 MF. They are also offering a $1000 lease incentive instead of the $750 offered for the leases through Mazda Financial. I do believe, however, that the Hann numbers are expiring very soon. There are also some additional stipulations associated with leasing through Hann, the big ones being a $250 return fee at the end of the lease and no damage allowance waiver (so you'll want to keep your car in good shape if you go through them). I opted to go through Hann, we'll see how that works out for me...

Hope this helps someone.
  • nom2nom2 Member Posts: 13
    Silly question but....
    I live in Illinois, where tax is paid up fron for leases. When I use the calculator in the link above, I include the tax in the line "Costs Added to lease", along with the bank fee. Then I input zero on the tax percentage line.

Should this give me an accurate monthly payment?

Thanks
    Nom
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited May 2010
    Nom,

Not a silly question at all. The answer is, yes, it will produce an accurate monthly payment as Illinois computes the sales tax based on the selling price and not on the sum of the payments like Ohio does. In other words, as long as the sales tax is not a function of the payment, the lease calculator will produce accurate results. Illinois does not tax the payment receipts. To wit...

http://tax.illinois.gov/LegalInformation/Letter/rulings/st/2008/sg080021.pdf

and so the lease calculator will give you an accurate result. A word of caution...

If you plan on capitalizing the first payment, online lease calculators will produce inaccurate results. Even dealer software incorrectly computes payments in such instances. It's been a real problem here in Ohio and I've called it to the attention of the State Attorney General. Essentially, tax levied on tax in those instances where the first payment and sales tax are capitalized in the lease. This is illegal in Ohio and the AG is investigating. I don't fault the dealers. The blame rests with the software developers. They should know better!

John
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Nom, Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a CX-9 Grand Touring AWD are .00124 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello krt3. Mazda's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00124 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00135 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dhearsch. I personally would go with a 36 or 39 month lease of the CX-9 right now. Its base lease rates for those terms are .00124 and .00135, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks ccracin. Keep in mind that Mazda's current lease program is only scheduled to run through June 1st, so it may very well be different when you are in the market later that month.

Mazda's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

I believe that Mazda is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this model this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • 96gator96gator Member Posts: 10
    Carman,

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am getting the following lease deal for a CX-9 Touring FWD. 36 month, 12k miles. Does it sound like a good deal? Looks like the residual is lower than other posts.

Msrp:34,177
    Cap cost:30,900
    Residual vale:17,088(50%)
    Money factor: 00124
    Adjusted cap cost: 29,370
    rebate: 2125
    Payment 398 + 6 % sales tax 422.69
    Inceptions: 873
  • rdolfanrdolfan Member Posts: 1
    Hey 96gator,
    I just got the same car last week. It's a 42 month, 42,000 mile lease. I traded in a car (got 2000 bucks for it) and had a total of 1200 due-in (first month + tax, tags, title,etc...). I chose a package for warranty + car maintenance (oil change, tire rotations, fluid level). My total monthly payment is about 390/month.
    Hope that helps.

P.S. CX-9 drives great
    I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, 96gator. The money factor that you were quoted looks perfect. It's right in line with Mazda's current factor for this vehicle.

Let's take a look at the other important factor, the selling price. The CX-9 that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In the majority of the country there's a $750 cash incentive on leases of this model. Add that cash to the $2,700 and there's a total of around $3,450 to play with during your negotiations. You were quoted a dealer discount of $3,277. That looks like a very attractive price to me.

If you like the CX-9, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnrp001johnrp001 Member Posts: 2
    My Mazda CX-9 Lease from Mazda of Wesly Chapel, Florida has come to an end. I called the dealer to find out what fees I will be charged since I want to purchase the car as I ended up putting a lot less miles on it than expected. They told me that I would have to pay the residual value, tax and tag which sounded reasonable. Then they hit me with a $595 Inspection fee and $595 dealership fee. Now I feel I am being ripped off. Of course I am sure that with the inspection fee they will require that I replace the tires and charge me their rip-off price for that as well. Is this normal when trying to purchase a car at the end of the lease?
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited June 2010
    johnrp001,

I suggest you contact the fund provider about purchasing your CX-9 directly from them negating the need to pay a $595 dealer fee. Does your state require an inspection? If not, you do not need to pay a $595 inspection fee which sounds a bit high. It seems to me that if your state does require an inspection, the fee would be regulated by the state. If an inspection isn't required, you won't have to replace tires unless you choose to do so. You're buying the vehicle; so why should anyone care whether or not you replace the tires unless a state mandated vehicle inspection requires you to do so.

You should only have to pay the residual value plus tax and DMV fees. I'm assuming that there is no purchase option fee. However, if there is such a fee, ask that it be waived.

Hope this helps.

John
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    CarMan,
    I am about to purchase a CX-9 and I was hoping you could provide me with the money factor and residual for the following. Also, do your numbers only apply to Tier 1 credit and what score is considered 'Tier 1'. Thanks!

2010 CX-9 GT AWD
    36 months/ 15K miles a year
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    what score is considered 'Tier 1'

To qualify for the Mazda lease special, you need a 660 FICO Transunion per Chase Auto Finance's guidelines. This is the case for the North East Region. I doubt it will differ from where you live.
  • johnrp001johnrp001 Member Posts: 2
    I called Mazda Finance, they told me they are not in the business of selling me a car and would have to go back to the deal to settle the lease. They did say that I could try another dealer and see what their fees would be to purchase the leased car. I'll post back with the results. - Thanks - John
  • dagotdagot Member Posts: 10
    Dear CarMan or anyone with knowledge,

We are coming off a 36 month lease on the CX-9 Touring. We were very pleased with our experience and are considering another lease of either Touring or Grand Touring. Currently, we are in a Touring, 10,500 mi/yr (under by a smidgen), w/ tax tag, title and 1st month our payments are $464/mo.

Do you know for June 2010 the current lease factors and residuals for the CX9 Grand Touring AWD? Any incentives for retention with Mazda?

Assuming top of the line credit score in NJ, what lease payment can I expect per month with as little down as possible for either Touring or GT? Wondering if lease values have improved over last 3 years with better data on residuals.

Thanks,
    dagot
  • bigsbigs Member Posts: 4
    I just had a similar expeirence. The salesman told me they were charging a $500 fee on top of the taxes and doc fees. Said they could charge what they want and most dealerships charge more, upo to $1500. Thought this was excessive considering that they were forwarding a check to Mazda American Credit. The pruchase option language is pretty clear "official fees, taxes and a reasonable documentation fee". He handed me an internal sales contract with a purchase price $500 more that my purchase option amount. I walked out and contacted the NJ AG's office. Waiting for a response.
  • cruiser54cruiser54 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can I recieve current money factors and residuals on a Mazda CX-9 (Touring FWD) @ 15k and 36 months?

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, dagot. Mazda's July lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00083 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cruiser54. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Mazda's July lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a CX-9 Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 46%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • lost23lost23 Member Posts: 1
    i want to lease a 2010 FWD touring CX9, 12K miles a year max 36 months max 42. can you please give me the residual value and money factor (july or august). Can you also recommend any dealer? i'm in, miami-dade, FL.
  • digbig43digbig43 Member Posts: 4
    I have a quote from a NJ dealer for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with Bose package (no nav, no dvd)

msrp = $37,450
    Selling price = $34, 370 ($630 below $35,000 invoice)

$2000 down payment
    36 month lease with 15 K miles / year

They're coming in at $525 / month with all taxes and fees **

** fees:
    $595 Bank Fee(Chase)
    $398 Documentation Fee
    $134.64 State Gas Guzzler Tax(State)
    $319.50 State DMV/Registration/Tire Tax(State)
    $299 Security Guard(Vehicle Theft Insurance/VIN Etching. *** I WILL FIGHT THIS ONE *** )

Are you guys finding better deals out there???
  • dkquinndkquinn Member Posts: 4
    $134.64 State Gas Guzzler Tax(State) <<<<< I believe this may be illegal.
    You may want to look deeper into this. I am also in NJ and fed up with dealer add ons.
    I believe this may be illegal. You may want to look deeper into this. I am also in NJ and fed up with dealer add ons.

I believe this is legal. See the link below...

http://www.state.nj.us/njbgs/luxvehs.htm
  • dkquinndkquinn Member Posts: 4
    But not for the car that he was to purchase!

Effective July 15, 2006, new car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the new sale or lease of vehicles priced $45,000
  • buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Effective July 15, 2006, new car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the new sale or lease of vehicles priced $45,000 or greater or on vehicles having an EPA rating of less than 19 miles per gallon.
    You forgot to read the part when it talked about that surcharge for getting lower than 19mpg combined....
  • zak43zak43 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at leasing a Mazda CX9, Grand Touring, and they are requiring that I purchase the LOJACK system. I'm in California; is it actually a requirement? Or is it that the LOJACK is on all of the Grand Touring models already?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

ZAK43
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2008
    "REQUIRED"

Totally snake oil. Nothing is required when purchasing a new vehicle besides the normal tax, license and doc fees. Sounds like dealership wants to make some money of you.

LO-JACK = USELESS
    I would not call LoJack useless. It is the best theft recovery system available, however, it is not required by law to have one in your car.
  • jl49jl49 Member Posts: 33
    Hello Carman,

Just wanted to ask you if you thought this was a good lease offer:

2010 Mazda CX 9 Touring AWD
    MSRP $32905
    Selling Price $30910
    Rebate $1000.00
    Money Factor .00095
    Residual 49%
    Taxes @ 8.875% $1525.11
    Residual Value $16123.45
    Total Due at Signing $2035
    Monthly Payment $413

Thank you.
    I am looking at a lease of the CX-9 Touring. We are coming off a 2007 model Touring. At that time I put $1500 down paying $465/mo. I suspect with improved residuals I can do better. In addition, Mazda provides a loyalty discount of $500.
    To my surprise the lease is more. Although I have not yet really started questioning (residual, money factor, etc) the options presented were -
    $0 down - $524/mon
    $1k down - $492/mo
    $1,500 down - $477/mo ($12 more than my current lease for the same down).
    $2K down and $469/mo

Perhaps, I should wait until end of Sept. I am paid up for the month since this payment came out of my down payment 3 years ago. So no payment really. Which is another thing this dealer didn't seem to factor into the quote. I technically have not made a payment since the end of July.

Also, are 2011 expected soon? I imagine that would further improve the lease I could get on a '10 model. That's what I did with my current Touring. Got an '07 when '08's were rolling out.
    Also, are 2011 expected soon? I imagine that would further improve the lease I could get on a '10 model.

The 2011's are not due here until October / November. I don't expect the lease to get any better on the 2010's since they are depreciating, unless there is a big lease rebate available. Only time will tell. Since you have time, I would wait.
  • my_suv_dealsmy_suv_deals Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    OK Here is the deal I got today from Cerritos Mazda in Southern California.
    36 Months, 30,000 Miles. Tax Rate:8.75%

Rebates Received:
    $1000 Mazda (available to everyone)
    $500 Loyalty (available to current mazda owners)

MSRP $31,475

I gave them $800 out of pocket plus the $1500 in rebates. This of course includes all fees, dmv and first payment.

My payment is $350.67 + $30.68 tax = $381.35 for 35 months.

Purchase option for $15108 + $150 fee at the end of 36 months.

My lease agreement reads as follows:

Gross cap cost: $27432.00
    Cap Reduction: $1346.17
    Adj. cap cost: $26085.83
    Residual value: $15108

Depreciation: $10977.83
    Rent Charge: $1646.29
    Total base of payments $12624.12
    Number of payments:36
    base monthly payment $350.86
    monthly sales tax: $30.68
    total monthly payment: $381.35

Negotiation tip:

I got the deal from cars.overstock.com where the dealer came in at $3500 below invoice. I went to the dealer test drove the car and we worked the numbers both for purchase and lease. Leasing made more sense to me, but I could have bought the car for $800 down and $464 per month with the zero apr offer. I chose the lower monthly payment and the $15108 payoff option because it gives me more flexibility.

One final thing: I can't say enough good things about my experience with the dealership and salespeople at Cerritos Mazda. The experience has been the best we have had at any dealership, and this is the 20th car deal for us. We were in and out in less than 90 minutes. Nader, Alaa, and the finance guy were super fast, and I highly recommend them.

Tony

PS: I want to thank this board and all the contributors here. I learned about overstock cars website on these boards and have been lurking for a couple of months as my lease was ending. It was really tough for me to find a good deal, because I was paying $269 + Tax for a 2008 CX-9 touring that had a $ 32,575 mSRP on a 24 months lease. Back than I got $7000 off MSRP and no acq. fee worked into the deal. They were giving the cars away on labor day weekend two years ago. Anyhow, again thank you all.
    Tony,

I don't think you mentioned if you added any xtra's to your package. Thanks for the help. I have been trying to determine what the September promotions are. My lease is up on the 30th and they have to wow me to start payments on a lease any earlier than I have to.

Thanks,
    Dgot
    Today I got an offer on a CX-9 AWD Touring, Bose/Moon package in NJ

MSRP - $35,977
    Sale Price - $31,200
    Residual - 57% or $20,506.89

$0 down $493/mo for 36 months and $10K miles option of $457/mo with $1563 down.

Any thoughts? Need more info?

Thanx, Dgot
  • my_suv_dealsmy_suv_deals Member Posts: 2
    No I didn't add any options. All I wanted was the CX-9 Touring basic. However, if I wanted any options then it would be discounted by 20%. My deal from overstock was $3500 below invoice and options are priced at 80% of msrp on the invoice.

By the way, the 57% residual seems extremely high for a 36 month lease. Make sure you double check that.
    Hi jl49. The dealer invoice price of the CX-9 that you're interested in is $30,508. The dealer is only charging you $400 over that and then subtracting the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Mazda's September buy rate lease money factor of .00061 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.