Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• joeyd5ohjoeyd5oh Member Posts: 36
    Car man can you tell me if this is a good lease deal or not? 2010 CX9 GT AWD NAV/bose moonroof package. NET selling price of 35k, residual of 47%, money factor as you stated before of .00061 15k miles per year for $463.00 a month. They want $1000 down plus all the normal fees ie:1st payment, bank-fee, taxes, and dmv.

thanks for your help
  • 2010mazda62010mazda6 Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me which dealer you went to?

That's in fact great deal.
    Wantagh Mazda Long Island New York
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi joeyd5oh. The money factor and residual value that you were given look great. I can't tell how large a dealer discount you were given without knowing what this vehicle's full MSRP is, but The payment looks attractive as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the response. The MSRP is 40k
  • gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    Hi CarMan. My wife's 2008 CX-9 Touring AWD lease will expire 11/12/10. Looking to get into another CX-9, as we both love driving it. Wondering current MF and residuals for both 2010 Touring AWD and Grand Touring AWD, 36 mo/10,000 miles/yr. Thanks for your help. I tried to find this info within this thread, however, am having a hard time. Also, any idea when 2011's will show up and any changes to expect from the 2010s. Thanks again.
  • cx9leasercx9leaser Member Posts: 5
    Can you guys please let me know if this is a good deal or not?

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring MSRP is $31,755
    36 month lease, 12K miles/year
    0 down payment
    $359 a month + tax

Seems good to me, but I didn't go through the usual negotiation process, so I don't know what the purchase price is etc. I'm assuming MF of 0.00061 and Residual of 47% (from lease guide).

Thanks.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    edited September 2010
    It seems to me that the selling price is around $28,000, which is about $1,500 under invoice. I think that is a good deal.

What are the fees due at signing? I'm guessing somewhere between $1,300 and $1,600.
  • cx9leasercx9leaser Member Posts: 5
    According to the sales person I'm dealing with, there would be nothing due at signing, but 1st month's payment and title. So, no cap cost out of pocket.

The deal seems good to me too, but do you think something is missing from that quote that I need to ask about?

Thanks.
    CarMan, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know October residuals and MF for Touring and GT AWD's with 10,000mi/yr for 36 months. Thanks!
  • paulie13paulie13 Member Posts: 5
    My wife and I just leased this same exact vehicle 2 nights ago. CX9 Grand Touring without Nav. 39 mnth lease (3yr 3mth). 12k a year for $490 a mnth. As far as the fees are concerned we couldn't get out of them. The car is extremely nice with the 20's for tires, bose, interior, and many other features. We put 4k down. I would definitely suggest getting this. Have to wheel an deal the guy and stick to what you want. They'll bend. :)
  • chuchumouthchuchumouth Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    Hi All,

I just pick up my newly lease of white mica 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD (with Sand leather, Bose, In Dash 6 CDs changer, 6 months free Sirius Radio, Power heated seats of driver and passenger, Backup Camera, Remote Starter, Sunroof, Power lift trunk) on 9/30/2010 (end of quarter so the Sales guy really wanted to close the deal... and I keep pushing him to give me some freebies successfully such as All weather mats (cost $150 value) as I live in Boston and it will have snow.)

I think I got a good deal, but I just want to share my info with all of you to see if you agree?

It is a 42 months lease, 10K miles/year, the MSRP of this car is $36,466 with all the nice options. My monthly rental fee before MA tax is $359/month (+$22 tax). So in total out of my pocket when I picked up the car was around $1,450 including all the acquisition fees, first month rental fee, titles, dealer fees, Mazda $1000 incentive (by the way I didn't have the $500 as this is my first Mazda). I didn't really care about the residual value as I know that I will not take the car after the 3 1/2 years lease.

What do you think?

Thanks

Chuchumouth
    No problem joeyd5oh. So you're getting a $5,000 discount on the CX-9 that you're interested in. That sounds like it's below dealer invoice after the available cash incentives are taken into account, which would be an outstanding deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gusbuf. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00061 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD are .00061 and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gusbuf. Please see my response to your earlier post in message #872. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, thanks for the info. My local dealer, however, has quoted me 1% lower on each Residual vale you quoted. They told me the residual for 2010 CX9 GT AWD is 48%, not 49%. And for a 2010 CX9 Touring AWD 50%, not 51% as you say. Who is right on this one? Please let me know. I told them I think their numbers are wrong, but they insist they are correct. AND BTW, per Edmunds and confirmed with my dealer, there is actually $2000 in marketing cash to dealer iincentive, not $1000. So I do have that going for me. Look forward to hearing from you RE: Residual value confirmation. Thanks.
  • jaydocjaydoc Member Posts: 11
    Hi
    Carman what do you think about this deal;
    MSRP:$39440
    Adj cap:$ 36660
    Lease rebate:$ 1500
    39month lease
    12k/year
    MF 0.00061
    Residual 46%
    start up: $895
    Monthly $515(including 6%tax)
    he claimed that the lowest price I could get is what is offered to the S plan customers.( i work for Ford)
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    I am shopping around for the above vehicle from dealers in both NY and NJ. If the money factor discussed here in previous posts is correct (.00061) then I think they are trying to pull a fast one on me.

I know the residual changes depending on annual mileage allowance but does the money factor go up?

for a 15k p/y lease 42 mos, they said the money factor is .00084.

Appreciate anyone's input.
  • griinagriina Member Posts: 1
    Not sure wha the money factor was but they said .00061 was not right. I just picked up a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring fully loaded with 20 inch wheels, navigation, power lift gate etc. With roof rack as well. I was desperate to get out of my Audi Q7 lease early because we were over miles. Dealer bought back car and all i had to do was put up inceptions ($1500). 39 month lease 15k miles was $550 with tax. How does that sound.
  • douglas1969douglas1969 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, what do you think about these offers:
    Wantagh, NY Madza
    CX-9 Touring AWD
    48 month lease
    10k/year
    $0 down except 1st payment and DMV fees ($65)
    Monthly $399 a month

Also offered:
    CX-9 Touring AWD
    48 month lease
    10k/year
    $0 down except 1st payment and DMV fees ($85)
    Monthly $389 a month
    Hi douglas1969. It would be much easier for me and others to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with these trucks' MSRPs and selling prices first.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • lauraopilauraopi Member Posts: 1
    I was given the following quote yesterday from a dealership on a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD (with leather, Bose, In Dash 6 CDs changer, 6 months free Sirius Radio, Power heated seats of driver and passenger, Backup Camera, Remote Starter, Sunroof, Power lift trunk). Can you let me know if you think this is a fair deal? This is the email I asked for directly from the dealer:
    $413 per month
    $1858 up front, not including plates. Plates are probably $150-180 (based on the vehicle weight). All other fees are included in that up front number.
    Mazda makes your first payment.
    MSRP is $36,162,
    sell price is $33,559
    Money factor is .00077,
    residual is 55%.
    Rebate is $275, which has been included.
    The term is 36 months,
    15k miles per year.
    Hi lauraopi. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Mazda's buy rate for this model. This truck's selling price looks great as well. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • michaeljnvmichaeljnv Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man and anyone who can help.I had no intention of leasing when I was looking at a CX9 today,but after we had come to a price at invoice to buy,I mentioned leasing and with some enthusiasm the helpful salesman went to work crafting a deal.I admittedly told him I was lost so here it is.Im sure you would say read up on leasing!And I will for sure tonight,but I hope you can help me.Her ies the information I have,hope it is enough:
    2011 CX9 Grand Touring with mSRP around 42,000 after options,was shown the invoice,200 dollars over put the lease negotiating price at 38,563.
    36 months @ 20,000 miles/year
    residual 53%
    ...and the estimated monthly "oac" will be 695 dollars.

hmm.two things.Another guy said that if you ask for 15,000 and go over and continue leasing from same dealership they likely would count the miles against me if Im over.This salesman somehow figured up from 15,000 to 20,000 at .15 cents a mile.Is it better to get more UPFRONT if you KNOW you are going to do 20K?Also,is this even close to a good deal??I think our slaes tax in washoe county nevada is 7.725 percent.He also said I would need aroound 2000K for whatever was needed like liscense payment,etc. to get out the door,still noting this is a "0 down" lease.

Im sorry if this is not enough,if nothing else maybe you could give me a few questions to ask,and I can go back in tomorrow or the next few days better prepared.I may be missing a msall piece of 250 dollars or some lease bonus,somthing small.Ill hear back from him tomorrow.He really was a genuinely nice guy it seemed,but business is business and he encouraged me to seek out advice on what he is saying.It seems other are paying less for more months when I read above,not sure.
    Sorry,the one guy I talked to at another dealership said that if I leased for 15K and came in over at say 20K,if I kept leasing the dealership would "overlook" it and not count it against me.So,would it be better to pay upfront or take that chance after>?how does it usually work?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    The dealership can't overlook anything. It is Mazda who the money would be owed to. The dealership can work in ovre mileage charges into a new lease if you choose to lease or puchase a new car from that dealer.

Bottom line, there is no "over looking" because the dealer does not collect over mileage charges.
    thanks.I thought that was how it worked.Still,Im not sure the actual deal is good.It seems better,too,possibley to just pay the .15 cents a mile additional charges on the back end and have a lwoer lease payment than having it worked in up front.Im more concerned about the above lease offer really,still trying to read and figure things out.
  • blcklabblcklab Member Posts: 7
    I stumbled across TrueCar and what a great resource. As it should, the MSRP I found on TrueCare for the CX-9 Grand Touring is exactly as it showed on Mazda USA with the same options I added. The Moonroof/Bose and the Power Liftgate Grand touring package. They have 4 on the lot in my color alone.

TrueCar shows $1000 in Dealer Cash in addition to the $275 in Customer Lease support. Do you think I'll have success negotiating with this info in mind. The TrueCar price from 3 dealers further away clearly reflects the $1000 cash to get below invoice so I see no reason my dealer which prides itself on volume wouldn't want to beat them.

Hoping to get $1900 below invoice.
  • blcklabblcklab Member Posts: 7
    I just got off the phone with my local dealership in Los Angeles County. I was looking to buy the 2011 Grand Touring equipped with Moonroof Bose package and Power Liftgate Grand Touring Package.

He quoted me based on a 36 Month 15K Mile lease

MF .00097
    Residual Value 47%

Definitely not in line with what I have seen on these forums. MSRP is $36595 with a sale price of $34350.

I'm going to wait. I am going to look at the new Explorer, and see if they call me before year end.
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    Okay...so I'm wondering what to do with my 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring. We've enjoyed the vehicle immensely. The leasing company will most likely not offer a new lease for the vehicle we are driving.

Here are the options I see myself facing:
    1. Buying (financing) the current car - base price of $20400 plus tax/lic/dest (has approximately 44K miles after being on a 3-year lease)

2. Leasing a brand new 2011 CX-9

3. Is the vehicle worth buying outright and reselling for more in the private seller market? Any profit could be used to offset the acquisition of a new CX-9.

So any thoughts on moving forward?
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    MICHAEL,
    RUN AWAY!!! That deal is beyond horrible. 695 to lease a Mazda? Consider this... Mazda is offering 0.9% financing for 60 months. If a shopper who is a total tool was willing to pay full sticker of , say 40,000 dollars ( a real sucker) the payments would only be $686 a month for the loan.
    Hi michaeljnv. $695 per month sounds way too high for the numbers that you posted. I'm coming up with something more like the low $500s using Mazda's current lease program. This would increase to the high $500, low $600 if one raised the mileage allowance to 20,000 miles per year...which you definitely want to do if you know that you are going to drive that much. It is usually cheaper to purchase additional miles at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Michaeljnv, it is very unlikely that the dealership will "overlook" any excess mileage on your leased vehicle. The bank that you are leasing through will likely want you to pay up for any excess mileage.

Car_man
    Host
  • sabel76sabel76 Member Posts: 3
    Just thought I'd share my experience with you guys to give you all a laugh. Went into a dealer today in Houston Texas for a ~$38K Mazda CX-9. Coz I'm on a visa they would only give me a 24 month lease for starters then told me I had to put $7,500 down. They knocked about $1K off sticker, looks like residual is 62% and mf is 0.00167 (4.01%) and they still come back with $427 a month for 24 months, classic.

If I really do want a deal what are the current residuals and mfs I should be chasing and indeed what sort of cash are we getting off the sticker price approx?

Cheers,

sabel76
    edited January 2011
    I am considering leasing a vehicle and was hoping that you (or anyone else) could give me some specifics.

1. What are the Money Factors and Residuals (%age) for the following cars:
    2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD
    2011 Ford Flex Limited FWD, Duratec V6
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium FWD, Duratec V6
    2011 Highlander Limited FWD

2. When did these MF's and residuals get published? Are these the newest programs of 2011? ;)

3. If programs vary from region to region...I think they do... I am from Southern California

4. Could you give me Tier 0 - 3 values so that I can compare apples to apples across all models and credit preferences?
    Hi redline122. Here's the 36 month / 15k numbers that you're looking for.

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD, .00090 and 50%, respectively.

I haven't seen the numbers for the other vehicles that you mentioned yet, but I should be able to find them out for you. Post reminders in the appropriate discussions for me and I'll tell you what I've been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Is 0.00090 the money factor for tier 0 through 3? I thought they would be different.
  • azuluazulu Member Posts: 20
    Hi:

Anyone know what the MF and residuals are for the following 2011 CX-9 trims?

2011 Touring FWD and AWD

2011 Sport FWD and AWD

Thanks,

AZ
    Good question redline122. I suspect that this is the factor for the top couple of tiers, but that it might be different for tier 3. I'll have to look into that and get back to you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi azulu. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Mazda's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 52%, respectively.

The money factors for the other versions of this car are the same, but the residual values are 55% for the Touring AWD, 52% for the Sport FWD, and 56% for the Sport AWD.

Car_man
    Host
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Hi Car Man!

I'm looking for the MF and Residuals on a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD. Would like to know for 12,000 and 15,000.

Does Mazda do any smaller lease mileage? Also, are there any programs currently on the 2010 model?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi lccalvert_1999. Here you go.

Mazda's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per yea are .00090 and 53%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Mazda is providing incentives on the 2010 CX-9, such as 0% financing for 5 years + $750 cash or $3,000 dealer cash, but no lease support on the '10 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • fargodogfargodog Member Posts: 13
    Do you know what is Mazda's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year?

I was quoted a money Factor .0090 with residual of 56%. If I pay the upfront costs, the base payment is $426. MA sales tax is 6.25%. MSRP is $36,362.00

Thanks
    I certainly do fargodog. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 56%, respectively...right in line with what you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • fargodogfargodog Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for the info. What do you think of this deal?

2011 Mazda CX-9
    Trim: Touring AWD
    MSRP: 36,412
    Selling Price: 33,458
    Payment Including Tax: $452.98 (MA sales tax is 6.25%)
    36 months
    12,000 miles per year
    Money factor: .0009
    Residual Value: 20,390.72 (.56 of MSRP)
    first payment is waived
    nothing up front, true sign and drive

Thanks
  • harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    I am in New York. I just got quoted on a 2011 Grand Touring AWD with moonroof package and powerlift as follows:

$38,100 MSRP (Seems a tad high)
    $33,900 Selling Price
    55%
    12/K 36 Month
    $450/month not including any taxes or other fees (does include GAP)

Then told additional fees, incl taxes, due at signing would be ~$2400. Collectively both seem high. Curious if anyone else in new york bought a CX9, from where, and what were the additional fees you paid.

I was also told Mazda is not doing the leasing anymore - they were using Chase. Still got same numbers but was curious if anyone heard this....

Seems high to me
  • gchristogchristo Member Posts: 6
    Car Man -

The dealership informed me there is about a $3k markup on a 2011 CX-9 Grand Touring with a MSRP of $38,410. Is this a typical spread for that vehicle, or is there more room to haggle with them?

I am interested in a 36-month lease with 12K miles annually. It appears from previous posts that that the MF is .0009 with a residual of 55%. Assuming I pay all legitimate fees up front (they quoted: license $350, Prop tax $150, dealer doc $350 - not that these are exactly legit!), can you tell me what fair terms I should shoot for on the monthly? BTW, my sales tax rate is 6.85%.

Thank you!
  • harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    To give you a flavor now that i have narrowed it down to two dealers in tri state area.

Doing a 3 year 10K. I have now spoken to 4 different dealers who say the residual on the 10k is 55% and on the 12K its 54%

2011 CX9 GT with MSRP of $37985 (Base plus Moonroof package)
    $300 down
    Selling price of $34,380
    $462/month including taxes

To give you a flavor thats just over $3300 off the MSRP. I feel like there is still some more room to knock another $200-400 off the adjusted price.
  • wilddog2wilddog2 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to purchase or lease a CX-9 touring and wanted some advice.(leather sunroof reverse camera bluetooth
    We are looking at a lease price of 399 a month for 39 months with 1,000 down-1,000 miles a month.
    they also offered a sale price of 33212 with a 995 dollar DVD player included- sticker price was 37,000 with DVD player.
    Are these the going rates?
    Hey fargodog. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, there's probably around a $2,400 gap between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on this model to that and there's a total of just under $3,000 to play with. That's right around the discount that you were quoted, so you are likely getting this CX-9 for close to invoice...which is a very good deal.

If you like the CX-9, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.