Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gchristo. Part of how much over invoice you will have to pay will depend upon how much competition there is in your area. To use an extreme example, someone who is in Hawaii or Alaska will have to pay a lot more for a vehicle than someone in the uber-competitive Los Angeles market.

I personally would want a much better deal than $3,000 over invoice on a CX-9. I personally would shoot for $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the available $500 cash incentive that Mazda is providing on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • d37racerd37racer Member Posts: 1
    from what i read the money factor is .0009 and residual is about 52% on a 12k 42 month lease with mazda's current lease deal. are these number correct? also from what i read here on edmunds mazda is offering $500 lease support and $750 dealer participation. does that mean i can take off $1250 of the negotiated price of the car? Im in southern california if that makes a difference.
  • mazdanoobmazdanoob Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I know its after the fact but just curious if this is a good deal i just signed. 10K/36 moth lease on a mazda cx9 2011 GT AWD with an MSRP of 38,415. 2k down which includes taxes (have to paid upfront in NYC) and DMV fees and some dealer fees. There was probably 200-300 that went towards actual money down not related the above. Monthly payments of $415 with first month waived per Mazdas current promotion. Got quoted .0009 MF and 55% residual. I know I had room to knock them down some more but did this at end of today and was not sure if promotions would change in March and got close to closing time. I think sale value was around 34,400 (although gross cap cost was inflated above that by the bank fee).
  • wilddog2wilddog2 Member Posts: 4
    I did not pull the trigger last night and now am wondering if I made the right discion.
    Did they anounce 0% for 60months on 2011? What kind of cash back offers are there and how do they compare to febs?
    Did the lease rates change at all?
  • gchristogchristo Member Posts: 6
    Thank you.

I negotiated a gross capitalized cost of $35,549 and an additional $982 in cap cost reductions from the manufacturer/dealer.

With $1000 cash down my base monthly payment is $451 for 36 months, 12k miles per year.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    0% for 60 months depending on your market. The "sign and drive is no longer available.

The better deal is on the buy this month.
  • schnu44schnu44 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    I am looking at the 2011 CX9 AWD Touring edition, with moonroof. 42 month lease, 1k miles/month.

The dealer told me MSRP 36,312, Adj Cap cost 33,416 (includes 1,200 reduction in lease incentives), residual 52%, lease factor .000121. Live in Nassau Cty in NY, so sales tax is at 8.625%

For zero down (including throwing the sales tax into the financing), total would be 469/month, so about 425/month on a pretax basis. Naturally, he said that he could "work" to bring down that number further.

He told me for the 0% for 60 months, I'd lose the 1,200 discount for lease incentives, so his first offer for purchase would be 34,600.

The price seems like a decent first offer, but I feel like I'm missing something
  • wilddog2wilddog2 Member Posts: 4
    I am now looking at the CX-9 GT moonroof package/nav and the Highlander SE with moonroof and Nav. At the moment it appears I can get the CX9 at about 2,000 less. both are AWD
    how do these vehicales compare - resale/repairs
    Looks like warrenties are the same
    Mazda has a better look but does Toyota have a better name and easier resale? Surprisingly it appears the highlander has a little better fuel economy some reviews I have read about the mazda felt the fuel economy was worse than the sticker.
    Does anyone think there will be additional sales for March Madness?
    Will manufacturers start offering bigger cash incentives as gas prices rise?
    have sales of these vehicales slowed this month due to gas prices?
    I know I am asking a lot of questions here but I want to make an informed decision.
    the zero percent is driving my decision at this point.
  • schnu44schnu44 Member Posts: 4
    I wound up deciding on leasing vs buying - the main reason is with the price of oil going up, I didn't want to have to worry about selling an SUV and taking a hit on the value.

I went through the Costco buying program & was able to shave $19/month off the lease down to 450/month all in for the Touring edition with moonroof, Bose sound, power hitch, which is around $400 pretax.

Any comments?
  • nik10673nik10673 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!! I'm about to lease 2011 CX9 Touring 4wd @ MSRP $33,145 with blue tooth / leather & power seats / and roof mount DVD.

I have a so so credit (506) so they offered me:

$389/mth + $2435 dwn for 48 mnths (w/DVD)

$385/mth + $2435 dwn for 48 mnths (w/o DVD)

I'm debating about the roof mount DVD (need for my kids!) because it's $1000 at the dealer, but about half at Best Buy. Should I buy it at the dealer??

Should I take the deal?

THANKS!!
    Hey mazdanoob. The CX-9 that you leased probably has a spread of around $3,000 or slightly less between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck to that and there's a total of around $3,500 to play with. The $4,000 discount that you were given looks great to me. The money factor looks good as well. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
  • bocaalbocaal Member Posts: 3
    In FL, I am looking to lease for 36 mos at 15K mi./yr. Anyone know the March money factor or residual?
  • bocaalbocaal Member Posts: 3
    The last question is for 2 wd. Thanks!
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2011
    I have always purchased cars, but get the itch for a new car about every 2 years so needless to say I have negative equity. Thinking about leasing a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring. What is the current money factor rates per length of lease as well as residual values. Everyone here seems to say there is about a $3000 wiggle room between MSRP and invoice. Still correct? I also see that there is a $500 marketing support. Does anyone else know of any additional lease incentives?
    Hi bocaal. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 GT FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • raksgalraksgal Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2011
    Carman,

Can you please let me know what are the MF and Residual Values for 2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD for 42 month lease with 12K Miles/yr option for March 2011 ?

For 2011 Mazda CX-9 AWD with Moonroof/Bose package, Navigation, Power lift gate, Wind deflector, Remote start, roof rails, wheel locks, splash guards, and all weather floor mats I am currently being offered :

Length of lease: 42 Months
    Allocated miles: 15,000 per year
    MSRP: $40,050
    Sale Price: $35,330
    Accessories: $1,144
    Money Factor: 0.00121
    Residual: 48% ($19,244)
    Fees : $898.55
    Monthly Payment: $478.11
    Amount Due at signing: $3,656.28 (includes first month payment, fees, and Taxes)

Is this a decent deal ? Can I save by going for a 12K miles option ?

Thanks
    Hi fargodog,

I am interested in finding the options you chose for your CX-9 Touring AWD.

Can you please post ?

Thanks
    gchristo,

Can you please post the options you chose with CX-9 GT AWD ?

Also, can you please post the exact details of the deal you got and which City / State ?

Thanks
  • higushigus Member Posts: 4
    I am considering a lease on the following vehicle:

2011 CX-9 GT, AWD with Moon-Roof/Bose Package, Navigation, Power Lift Gate, Remote Start, Roof Rails, and head-rest DVD (to be installed by dealer.)

Here is the lease info:

MSRP = $40850
    Base Cap Cost = $38,711
    Additional Fees = $678
    Cap Cost Reductions = $2000 trade equity and $500 rebate
    Residual Value (12K) = 53% ($21651)
    Money Factor =.00102
    Term = 36 months
    Tax = 0 (MT has no sales tax)
    Lease Payment = $483/mo

Would you consider this a good deal or not-so-good deal?

Thanks!!
  • higushigus Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to add to my question but what kind of price should I expect if I were to decide on buying vs. leasing?

What incentives are there currently for buying besides the 0%?

Thanks again in advance!
    Hi raksgal. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00111 and 51%, respectively.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me.

Yes, you would save money by leasing with only 12,000 miles per year versus 15,000 miles per year...assuming that you don't go over your mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
  • 4ml4ml Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I'm interested in leasing CX-9 Grand Touring quoted at $34,847 with MSRP of $39,250. Looking for a 12,000 Miles per year deal - and can be as long as possible. Car_man, Could you please provide me with the residual value, and money factor for this type of lease? Thanks.

We'd like the lease to be as long as possible if it's financially viable. If it makes sense to have a shorter lease, then of course we'll prefer that. Of course, longer lease deals will be cheaper, at least that is my understanding.

Thanks,
    4ML
  • 4ml4ml Member Posts: 10
    Please help :)
    Here you go 4ML. Mazda's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jao1jao1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am looking to lease a Mazda CX-9 Sport with power/heated front seats package today and I would like to know the money factor and residual value for a 39 month/12,000 mile lease. I want to be at $300 a month including tax. What is the total I would have to put down in order to get to the $300 with tax range? I was recommended to a manager at a dealership but want to make sure I am not getting a bad deal. Please advise.

P.S. I have A+ credit

Thanks,
    Hey jao1. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 52%.

It's difficult for me to say how much you would have to put down to get your payment to be around $300 per month, but off of the top of my head I'd say that it would be several thousand dollars. Putting down that much money on a lease is never a good idea. If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the truck that you're interested in I will gladly work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • cenarulescenarules Member Posts: 2
    I am close to signing a lease on a Touring CX-9 (I live in NY). Here are the terms - $1600 down (fees and first month), $399 a month. If I want to add the moonroof package, that will add another $25/month.

Are these competitive terms?

Also, any opinions about the moonroof package? My wife is not a great driver and would love a rear camera. Other than that, I don't care about the moonroof package.

Thanks!
    Car_man,

Can you please help me with the Mazda CX-9 GT FWD May lease rates for:

12K Miles, 36 Months, MF = ?, Residual = ??%

12k Miles, 39 Months , MF = ?, Residual = ??%

I am from DFW Metroplex.

Thanks
  • clhoustonclhouston Member Posts: 6
    Car_man

I would like to know the June rates for a 36 month lease of a CX9 GT with 12k miles.

Thanks
    Here you go raksgal. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 GT FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00059 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00071 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello clhouston. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • oneo10oneo10 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    Can someone provide me the MF and Residual on a 2011 Touring CX-9 (12K/15K) ? Does anyone know the cutoff FICO score for Mazda's top tier lease MF's?

Thanks in advance.
  • cenarulescenarules Member Posts: 2
    I live in NY. I am about to lease a CX-9 Touring. Here is what I have been able to negotiate:

Initial payment with all fees - 2650
    369 per month

12,000 miles. Is this competitive?

Your help is appreciated.
  • roryrawroryraw Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone provide me with the money factor and residual value of a 2011 Touring with an MSRP of $36000? Also how much should I be paying in tax @ 8.75%?
    I can help you out, oneo10. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi roryraw. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • roryrawroryraw Member Posts: 2
    I was actually going for 10,0000 miles and 39 months. Could you provide that info? Thanks for the fast response Car_man!
    You're welcome roryraw. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00071 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlmarsjlmars Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman - can you please advise June MF & residual on a CX-9 AWD Sport with 12,000 and 15,000 miles for 36 months. Thanks very much!
  • lavikishlavikish Member Posts: 1
    Does it have moonroof and bose ?
    I certainly can jlmars. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • mfr8586mfr8586 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone tell me what the July lease rates(MF and Residuals) are for a 2011 Grand Touring AWD, 12k miles per year and 36 month lease?

I have top tier credit also.

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mfr8586. Mazda's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00065 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • donknoxdonknox Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi -

My dealer is quoting me a sale price of $35,999 and a money factor of .00125 for 36 months/12K miles and no money down - on a 2011 CX-9 Grand Touring with Moonroof/Bose Package and Nav. Mo payments would be $535 + tax.

This is my first time leasing a Mazda and I'm just beginning to shop around.

Thanks!
    Don
  • reno_suv_shpprreno_suv_shppr Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I'm about to start shopping for a CX-9 and I'd like to know how much we can get for $450/mo? I've only leased once and things like money factor and residual value were a complete mystery to me. I just want to know how much car I can get for a certain monthly payment. (I'm not going to be selling the car, so why should I care what the residual is?) In other words, can I go into a Mazda dealer and tell them what I want, and what I'm willing to pay, and completely ignore all the other numbers (besides lease length and mileage)?

Grand Touring AWD, Nav, 12K/yr is what I'm aiming for. Length isn't a big deal.

Thanks,

Matt
  • mbenayounmbenayoun Member Posts: 3
    About to purchase a 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD and need money factor and residual value for 10k miles / 36 months / zero down leasing option

I got a monthly payment of $460+taxes from dealer, which doesn't seem right based on negotiated price of $28,000+taxes/fees

Please help
  • phsieh2009phsieh2009 Member Posts: 6
    Dear Car-Man,

Could you please post the residual and MF for 2011 touring AWD, north new jersey?

Thanks!

Anybody recently the same model in my area? How does the deals look like?

Paul
    Hello mbenayoun. Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00065 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Paul. Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Mazda is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the '11 CX-9.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbenayounmbenayoun Member Posts: 3
    Car_man

Are money factors and residual values THAT different between FWD and AWD (as well as between 10k miles and 15k miles per year?)

Here are the factors I am being quoted for a FWD (not AWD) and 10k miles:
    - money factor: 0.00115
    - residual value: 48%

Who gets to decide those values? Chase? Mazda? Can we shop around leasing companies? Are those factors different based on region (I am in Los Angeles)? Can those factors be different because of the rebate (these factors take into consideration the $1,750 rebate and I am guessing this may be a gimmick to increase the money factor).

I am new to this whole leasing game, so sorry if those questions are basic.

Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.