Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• phsieh2009phsieh2009 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks a lot Car_man!

Paul
  • phillip08phillip08 Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2011 CX9 GT AWD with Bose Moonroof/Nav/|Lift gate/Roof rails in Long Island NY. 36 Months 10K Miles payment WITH tax is $464 with paying only first month and standard fee's.

I went to so many dealers. They all wanted 495. They finally starting coming down. The price of the car was ~$35,500.

After spending countless hours dealing with dealers who blatantly lie about pricing do your homework and shop around. $495 in the NY area is too much and they'll tell you its a great price as it's ~$40 less than MSRP pricing.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help.
  • mmsfrmmsfr Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Trying to get help with estimating fair price and lease monthly payment for AWD Grand Touring CX-9. MSRP is $40,445.
    I am looking for a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year.
    If somebody can get me some help with what the selling price should be as well as money factor and residual value that will be of a great help

Thanks

MM
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No need to apologize mbenayoun. The money factors for the Touring AWD and Touring FWD are exactly the same, but the residual values for the FWD model are 3% lower.

I believe that going with 12,000 miles per year adds 1% and 10,000 miles per year adds 2% to this vehicle's residuals.

The bank that Mazda uses as its captive finance company sets the residual values. You are free to lease through a different bank, but if you do you will lose the benefit of the money factor support that Mazda is providing through its captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome phsieh2009.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mmsfr. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the '11 CX-9 right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice (preferably closer to the lower end) minus the $1,750 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbenayounmbenayoun Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring FWD (only options are roofrack + rear bumper guard)

36 months / 10k miles per year / ZERO down

for $451/month including taxes
  • scott1067scott1067 Member Posts: 3
    Hello CarMan, Would you kindly provide the money factor and residual for a 2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD for the northwest territory? (Oregon)

Thank you for this great service!
    I would be happy to help you out, scott1067. Mazda's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00044 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • scott1067scott1067 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Carman, Are you saying there is a $1750 rebate on leases?...or is it dealer cash?

Regarding the residual, I assume a 12,000 mile residual is 48% ?

Thank you!
    Yes, scott1067, Mazda is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 CX-9. I don't believe that this is dealer cash, but you still need to make sure that the dealer is taking it into account on your deal.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that Mazda only adds 1% for leases with only 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • tv119tv119 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a lease for 39 months or 42 months with 10K miles a year for the CX-9 Sport with basically nothing extra. The MSRP on this car is $30,525 and the invoice is $28,271. I was told by the dealer that $2,000 down would include taxes, fees and first payment (everything except DMV fees). He quoted me for the 39 months $359.00 and for 42 months $349.00. I have no idea if this is high or not. This would be for New York. Please advise. Also what is the formula to use to calculate this? Can you tell me the money factor and the residual. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • apex9apex9 Member Posts: 8
    Your September lease and rebate info helped me close on 2011 CX9.

GT AWD w/ moonroof-bose, navigation, and power liftgate at an MSRP of 39650. Cap cost of 35,641. Drive off was 0, covered by about 2 grand in rebates which covered first month, DMV, acquisition fee and a minor cap reduction. 36 months at 15K per year - payments came out to 548, including CA tax.

Seems like a great car so far with a good third row and lots of features for the money.
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    Payment sounds a bit high with a cap cost of $35,6 with $2000 down?
  • apex9apex9 Member Posts: 8
    The $2000 was covered by rebates from Mazda ($2050, to be exact) so there was no out-of-pocket drive off or down payment.
    I am looking at a lease for 39 months or 42 months with 10K miles a year for the CX-9 Sport with basically nothing extra. The MSRP on this car is $30,525 and the invoice is $28,271. I was told by the dealer that $2,000 down would include taxes, fees and first payment (everything except DMV fees). He quoted me for the 39 months $359.00 and for 42 months $349.00. I have no idea if this is high or not. This would be for New York. Please advise. Also what is the formula to use to calculate this? Can you tell me the money factor and the residual. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You're very welcome apex9. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tv119. You really should get the dealer to tell you what price they are charging you for this vehicle. That number will make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to work up a payment, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CX-9 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00044 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenngeejenngee Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $36,112
    Invoice #33,719
    Rebates $2,150
    (Residual 50%??)

(Calculation: 33,719-2150=31,569-15650=15919/42 = $379 (pure payment with no interest added yet)

To figure the total monthly paymnet, does anyone know what the money factor is for this car/lease? I assume we would add this number on top of the #379 to get the total montly payment.

How much should we put down (for taxes, fees, title, etc). One delership wants to $3,800 down to get us to $370. The other dealership has us at approximately $374 with $3,800 down.

Let us know how this compares to the three other postings listed here with prices they paid:

1) $31, 700 plus $795 delivery plus documents and tax) for a total of #35,500; 2) $31,250 plus title/taxes/fees and 3) $31,500 plus title/taxes/fees. TTL is approximalely $2000)

It says don't pay anything over $34,000 which would be a rip off according to other postings?

Thanks let me know today since we are looking to lock our lease in the next 3 days. Have to turn in our Nissan.
    Thank you. I'm finding it very difficult to get anyone to actually give me a price. All they want to do is find out what payment I would be most comfortable at which I'm told is something you want to avoid.
  • nubs29nubs29 Member Posts: 1
    Car MAN- Can you give lease assumptions for 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring. 12K Miles - 36 and 39/42 months
  • eonickseonicks Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Car Man, can you give me the residual for a 36 month, 10K miles per year for a 2012 CX9 Grand Touring AWD. Also, can you give me the base money factor?
  • mpr90mpr90 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man, I have an offer for a lease, can you give any guidance as to whether the residual and money factor are reasonable please:

2011 CX-9 Grand Touring + moonroof/bose, navigation, power liftgate
    * residual @ 10K = 48%
    * money factor = 0.00094

The residual seems reasonable, but the money factor seems a bit high. Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nubs29. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00094 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00102 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Eonicks, Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00094 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, mpr90. You're right, the money factor does indeed appear to be a tad high. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CX-9 is .00044 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • giantcrazygiantcrazy Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, could you let me know what to expect as far as MF and residual on a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD w/Nav? 39 months, 10k miles/yr.

I was offered 46% and 0.00055, but the residual seems low to me...
    Greetings giantcrazy. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00055 and 46%, respectively...just like you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • mpr90mpr90 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, thanks for the help. I ended up getting a 2011 GT AWD with moonroof, bose, and power liftgate for $35,500 less $2250 in rebates at a residual of 48% and money factor of 0.00055 = $385+tax / month
  • lucky931lucky931 Member Posts: 2
    Car man,
    Thanks for all you provide to edmunds members. Do you have the current money factor and residuals for the CX-9?
    looking for a 24 & 36 Month 15K lease.
    You're very welcome, mpr90. Congratulations on getting your new ride. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem lucky931. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Sport AWD (this truck's lease program varies by trim level) with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00056 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Car_man,

Can you please give me the 2012 lease rates for a 2012 CX-9 Touring with out Navigation.

Thanks
    Andy
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_man

I just realized my previous post was incomplete as I forgot to include the term and mileage, sorry about that.

Can you please let me know what the money factor and residual are for a 2012 CX-9 Touring for 36 months with 12,000 miles.

Thanks
    Andy
    edited November 2011
    Here you go Andy. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gutompagutompa Member Posts: 1
    hi Car Man, here's my situation, hopefully you can give some insight. In a nutshell: times are tough, gotta save $ and have smaller monthly payments.

I want to trade in 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L (20k miles, owe about $25k)
    -AND-
    2011 Scion XD (2000 miles, owe about $16k)

To lease a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD (not sure what options are avail, have to research). Want to lease for 36 - 48 months. I plan to drive it for 12,000 miles/yr.

What kind of rates, etc can I expect to get? Credit 800+
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    Car_man, could you let me know what to expect as far as mf and residual on a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/Nav and RES? 39 months, 12/15k miles/yr.
    I completely understand about wanting to cut your payments, gutompa. Hopefully you're not upside down on either of your vehicles, though without looking up their values I suspect that there is a very good chance that you are.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00091 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alcap. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00067 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbaltmbalt Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    Thank you for all this incredibly helpful information.
    Can you provide the mf and residual on a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD? 36 months, 12k miles/yr? And the same info for a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD?
    I am comparing as I prepare to lease later this month.
    Thank you
    You're very welcome mbalt. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CX-9 Touring AWD are .00056 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mo1974mo1974 Member Posts: 1
    i negotiated a price over the phone for my cx-9 touring, then went to the dealership to sign the papers on my lease. After three hours when i go to sign the papers, they then infrom me i didn't qualify for tier 1 financing, and jacked up my price $30 more per month. My credit has always been good, but they are quoting me a score of 700 and are telling me that doesn't qualify for tier 1. Does anyone know what the tier 1 financing number are, and how i can verify they are giving me accurate info?
  • joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2012
    I am officially boycotting Mazda. I have never leased or bought a Mazda before, but I really liked the CX9 GT. I have leased Audi, Lexus, and currently have a Mercedes. It was so easy to work with the aforementioned when leasing. I would tell them what I'm looking for and speak to several different dealers. They would fight for my business and even offer me LOWER deals than what I proposed to them. Don't think I'm just stupid. I don't know anyone that leased a fully loaded RX350 in 2008 for $525 a month including NJ tax with $1,250 out the door and 15K a year for 42 months or currently has a 2009 Mercedes C350 4-Matic loaded with MSRP of $48,500 for $478 a month with $1,278 out the door with 15K a year for 39 months. BUT Mazda is a different story as I have been to or contacted 8 dealerships in NJ. I can't even get them to call me back! And I get quoted ridiculous prices when I do. I want a 15K lease and open to term which the dealerships tell me 39 months through Chase Bank offers the best rate (Tier 1 credit). Ok.....$525 a month with $525 due at signing! $513 + tax a month with $2,100 due at signing! Those are my only 2 offers. Are they freaking kidding me? I am an accountant and worked for Toyota financial through college. I know how to run residuals and money factors LONG hand. The guy that offered me $525 a month was actually a MANAGER. We had identical money factors and residuals. He offered me a negotiated sales price of $35,511 (original MSRP $39,900.00) + $500 dealer cash off for a negotiated MSRP of $35,011.00 (I am paying TTT of $1,200 - not factored in lease). I will not settle for less than 11% off MSRP on this car. He was in awe as I wrote out the calcs on his desk and came out to under $474.00 a month WITH tax. He said he had to "see another customer" and walked away never to return!!!!! The other one that offered $513 a month with $2100 down won't even tell me the selling price of the car. I give up. I have been battling for 1 month today on this car. I don't mean to sound like a snob or anything, but I am going back to where I am familiar and getting either an RX400 or Mercedes ML350. Even Mercedes (who I don't like) offered me $515 a month with $1,000 down with 15K a year on a $56,000 MSRP ML350 for 39 months and they will take my current Mercedes (3 payments left) and waive disposition fee. SCREW MAZDA!!! Oh and to make things worse, I also wanted a Mazda 3 lease too for my sister and told every salesman this. FORGET IT!!!!
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Member Posts: 30
    I agree. The lease deals for some cars are just not good. Your Mercedes deal sounds awesome, please share the details once its done. I'll be in the market for a lease in about a year but good to know what's going on now.

For the CX-9 GT AWD with Navigation, etc. -fully loaded- (which I was looking to buy), the best price I got was 35,500ish. Ended up with a Subaru Outback - the dealer was very upfront there and said "We just dont have good lease deals with this car right now" - so I ended up buying at 0% interest. Surprisingly, the fit and finish of the CX-9 was not as good as the subaru and is definitely as good as MB.
  • joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    I just wanted to clarify that I misspoke. The Mercedes is $515 PLUS NJ tax and it only have the navigation option. I won't be taking it though. I am going for the new Infiniti JX. Good luck to all.
  • ejzinnejzinn Member Posts: 12
    I had the same problem with Mazda dealers in NJ but just got one this week at a Mazda dealer in NY.
    2012 cx-9 AWD Touring with moonroof Bose and auto tailgate package for $600 out of pocket including first month and $444/month for 36 months and 12000 miles per year. The car lists for over $36000. The dealer was great and did not try and sell me any packages or pull any bait and switch tactics
  • steve707steve707 Member Posts: 12
    Just an FYI - leased a 2012 CX9 Touring AWD for $390 / month.

Here are the details:
    sticker - $33,500
    36 months / 12k year
    $550 out of pocket including first month
    $390 / month includes tax (9%)
  • jklugjklug Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - have the residual value and money factor changed for the 2012 CX-9 GT and Touring AWD 36-month lease for January 2012?

Thanks for the info!

JKlug
  • mrmayasonmrmayason Member Posts: 1
    Can I ask what dealer? Seems like a great price.
  • hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    hi Carman, thanks for all your help. Can you give me the lease terms for a 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring (w/mrf/bose if that matters), 36 months, 15k/year, and for an AWD GT (w/mrf/bose/nav), also at 36/15k?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.