Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Tribeca Entertainment Sytem Questions

roy19roy19 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in Subaru
I've searched your files but have not come up with a true answer. Possibly I've over looked it.
I'd like to know if there is a way for the front dvd screen on /b-9 tribeca 06 to come on when in drive.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That may be hard to find because even if someone does have the answer, they may not want to accept the liability for teaching someone to do it, then that person wrecks the car while watching something.

Try a Google search, maybe.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    That you can buy that will allow you to watch whatever is on the rear screen on the front screen. Do a search and it should come up.

-mike
  • leo2633leo2633 Member Posts: 589
    Just don't get caught with it in New Jersey. There is a motor vehicle statute prohibiting any TV-type screen visible to the driver while operating the vehicle.

Len
    Thanks Len, speeding is also illegal in NJ I take it? I'll take a ticket for a TV over speeding anyday :)

-mike
    I take it you don't much care for the laws prohibiting hand-held cell phones, either.

Len
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    I am sure we are all guilty of some sort of traffic law infraction. Let's not point finger please.

Thanks! :shades:
  • nycb9nycb9 Member Posts: 30
    Let's face it, if you think about it, we ALL break the law EVERYDAY, multiple times a day, when we get behind the wheel of a vehicle. :blush:

Joe
  • joe600joe600 Member Posts: 9
    I know that with aftermarket screens for the front have a wire that is to be hooked up to the parking brake,thus not being able to watch t.v or dvd without the parking brake on.But all this wire needs is ground to operate the t.v and dvd,so you can just ground it out and you can operate the front and rear screen when driving.If you say your car has to be in park for the dvd to work ,there has to be something similar to the aftermarket that you can do.Try to find out what all the wires are going into the radio clip and go from there.The only thing is if a problem occurs with the car somewhere else and the dealership see's what you did to get the t.v and dvd player to work when your driving they might void your warranty.Good luck :)
    Oh I'm all for the laws, and always use my blue-tooth headset, however, it's more common sense than anything else. I hate when people point out laws that are obvious. For instance, the law prohibiting a TV in the front makes little sense as the passenger in the front can be watching the TV screen. I often drive with a movie playing, however I rarely watch it while driving, I drive far too agressively to pay attention to that. Spirit of the law over the letter is my motto.

-mike
    Actually most these days have gyroscopes built into them if they have a GPS you can't over-ride them by simply connecting the parking brake wire to a 12+volt source. Manufacturers have gotten smart in this respect that basically negates them being overriden.

What the original poster is saying is that there is a device and I'm gonna go do the search for it now, that allows you to show the video feed from the 2nd row DVD player onto the 1st row Navigation screen (along with several other inputs IIRC) while the car is moving. It involves hacking a wire or 2 and that alone will void the warranty on the Navi and DVD screens I would think.

-mike
  • phinneas519phinneas519 Member Posts: 113
    Woah, hey, speak for yourself. I make an effort to obey all traffic laws at all times. Not just in front of the police.

Although I once did drive at night for a block or two with only my parking lights on - though I fixed that as soon as I noticed. ;)
    A lot of people say Subaru's NAV should allow changes in destination while underway for the same reason.

Here's an idea - they have a passenger seat sensor, if it detects a person in the seat, then it should let the NAV be programmed even while the vehicle is moving.

-juice
    Probably too easy to overide, similar to the parking-brake override.

-mike
    Looking at the title of this topic, I thought I was staying on it. And no fingerpointing going on here. Just pointing out what I felt was relevant to the topic.

Len
  • elikasadamelikasadam Member Posts: 10
    We just an 2006 Tribeca.Jus last weekend, the kids were watching movie in the back and I pulled over to get some drink in the store very quick. My wife sat in the passenger sit. I did not turned off the engine; as I was going out, the movie displayed on the front screen. I came back it was still on, we drove home. I was not able to bring back since...
    It's gotta be in Park, may even required that the emergency brake be engaged.
  • phogephoge Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the manufacturer of the dvd/entertainment system for the Tribeca B9 -- '06 models? We lost our remote and would like to replace it with a universal remote, but we need the manufacturer for programming info.
  • ttentelhttentelh Member Posts: 46
    Does anyone know how to make the tribeca DVD system a region 0 so it can play all kinds of DVD's?
  • beanandmebeanandme Member Posts: 26
    My kids lost our remote, too. It's really a design flaw that you can only operate the dvd system from the backseat, and only with the remote. Sometimes I get in the car and the kids have left a movie in, and I can't turn it off from the front.
    Anyway, the dealer said it's a Kenwood system (I have an '07 if that matters). However, the universal remote I got at Radio Shack will not work. So unless anyone has a remedy, I'm going to make the kids save up to buy the replacement remote from subaru.
    (They lost a headset too, but I picked up a universal replacement at Fry's, and those work just fine.)
  • skiguy2skiguy2 Member Posts: 8
    I bought a Tribeca.. loaded it up with 6 of my FAVORITE cd's to hear and after going to change cd's in the player MECH ERROR shows up and the thing won;t play..other modes do but upon taking it back to get it foxed it has to be replaced, and my 6 cd's may take 'a couple of weeks' to get them back from the factory after they are retrieved from the broken player..so I wonder.. HOW in the worls could it take THAT LONG! anyone else seen this code/message pop up in their cd player..NOT the DVD player .... :sick:
  • ttentelhttentelh Member Posts: 46
    nope is a first time. I have the 08 tribeca since march, i never had any issues with the cd player. Actually am really impressed of the fact that plays anything you put in regardless of the format is recorded. But no issues at all. I guess you got a defected player or maybe a cd caused it.
  • sweetpetesweetpete Member Posts: 15
    Anyone,

My 07 with XM is not getting the newest XM channels. Is there something I have to reset on the radio to get the new channels?
  • sweetpetesweetpete Member Posts: 15
    Nevermind. When to XM's website, figured it out.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    From xm's website

Do I need to do anything to my radio to receive these new channels? All you need to do is turn your radio on…and enjoy. If any of your favorite channels have new channel numbers, your radio presets will automatically redirect to the new channel number. If you don’t have your favorites preset, please download our new channel lineup www.xmradio.com/newlineup to find the new channel number.

So it doesn't sound like you need to do anything. Not sure why it's not working.
  • santoro789santoro789 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have any idea how to get those headphone to work. I have a 2007 Tribeca and the DVD player had to be changed because it was not working properly.
    I am pretty sure that those headphone are programed with the DVD player. Anybody please help. Driving to SC in June and I can really use those headphones.

Also how can I get the movie to play on the front screen????
  • 9jax9jax Member Posts: 1
    just wondering if you ever found a code for the universal remote or the manufacturer of the dvd/entertainment system for the Tribeca B9 -- '06 models? I just bought my car and the remote is missing. I am new to this site, I have surfed around looking for the answer, if I missed the it somewhere I apologize.
  • kajdsjs22kajdsjs22 Member Posts: 1
    Do I need to remove the door panel when Upgrading the speakers in B9?
  • tribi1tribi1 Member Posts: 1
    I just thought i would add my experience with the remote! I have an 06 model and the centre console that opens and closes is a bad design as items can slide into the 'guts' of the console ( where you can't access it to retrieve them)

I only now this because my husband lost his phone and when we rang it we could hear it but couldn't get to it.( Thank god it had charge and was able to ring otherwise we would never have found it)

This is also where i have also found the lost remote twice - only because i thought if a phone could slide into the cavity so could the thin remote.

I suggest everyone that has lost a remote needs to squeeze their hand between the carpet and the bottom of the console and have a good feel to see if it has fallen in there.

Hope this makes sense and helps out!
    Tribi1
  • roy19roy19 Member Posts: 3
    go in back seat pull out and remove draw you will be able to look under and reach under. I bet you find more then you thought!!!!!
  • abaton6abaton6 Member Posts: 4
    Have you replaced the batteries in the headphones?
This discussion has been closed.