Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited February 2014 in GMC
Ask your Acadia lease questions here.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• garyss1garyss1 Member Posts: 5
    How much should I be paying for an Acadia SLT-1 with the enhanced convience package on a 36 or 39 month lease, nothing down.
  • kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
    I got the following lease quote for an Acadia SLT w/ Nav, DVD Pkg, 19" wheel, HUD and trailer pkg;

Term: 36 months, 15K mi/yr
    Price: $40,844($500 over invoice)
    Residual: $23,201
    GMAC Rate: 8.05%
    Drive-off Due: $1,454
    Monthly Lease Payment: 785(including insurance)

Is this a good deal? Pls advise. Thank You
  • tyger1906tyger1906 Member Posts: 4
    No that's a rip off. Not sure what your insurance payment is but I cant imagine its $300 a month... Go to the Acura MDX forum. They are going for 449 a month with 1900 out of pocket....
    Where did you find it for 449 a month?
  • tyger1906tyger1906 Member Posts: 4
    I found this on the MDX thread.....

I am looking at an 07 MDX (Base Model) on a 42 month lease w 12k miles per year and $1995 CapCostReduction. The price is $449/month. Security payment, destination fee, tax all due at signing.

Is this a good deal?

What could I expect to get off on this deal?"

anything I should know about extra fees?

Thx, Dave
    I heard from a dealer that they just raised the residuals on the Acadias. Does anyone know what the new residual is for the SLT-1 FWD
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    What did that Dealer say the residual was raised too?
  • galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    I don't know how the GMC folks compete. The above lease with Arcadia is a joke. Whats shameful that there's people who will actually pay for that. The residuals should about 56-57% for three years and interest rate/monefactor 4-5 % range. If you can't that, then you being duped.

The MDX sounds like good deal and a lot more of a quality vehicle.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    "The MDX sounds like good deal and a lot more of a quality vehicle"

On what basis are you making such a statement? The MSRP on an MDX is roughly $7k higher (including rebates) and actual transaction costs probably widen that margin. I've seen posts here claiming Acadia purchases at $300 over invoice--find me an Acura dealer who will match that price on an MDX ANYWHERE IN THE US and I'll buy it today.

As to "quality", again you're assuming facts not in evidence. Both vehicles are new models. As such, they have no history of quality. Although they may share some parts with old models and their respective manufacturers have differing quality history, that doesn't necessarily translate to the durability of either of these new vehicles. You probably know that the old Acura MDX's recall history isn't spotless--bad transmissions plagued several model years.

I happen to be a big fan of the MDX and most recenlty owned a 2005 model. But that doesn't mean I'll blindly assume that the new MDX is of higher quality than the new Acadia--especially relative to purchase price.

That said: the lease deal quoted is insane. One could easily buy the car for less than that.
    History suggests otherwise. Acura is a much higher end brand name than GMC. Acura is either # 2 or 3 in the world for quality. My evidence is based on history and resudual values of the MDX. I also owned a MDX and right now own a Honda and the quality of vehicles are impecable. Those were 1st year vehicles!!In reality you can't really compare MDX and Acadia as they are both in a different class. I complement GMC for a nice vehicle, though. My beef is with the lease!!

Honda Finance offers some lease rates that are probably one of the best in the industry. Good residual values, extremely low money factors which means excellent lease rates. Paying the rates offered above is like having the dealer telling the costumer "This is a stick up".
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'm with you on that lease deal. GM really doesn't do much to encourage leasing and the dealers certainly don't help. Part of the problem is that GMC is not used to having a "hot" vehicle and I guess they don't know how to act. That said, I visited my local Acura dealer to look at the MDX for my wife. You would have thought they were selling Play Station 3's the week before Christmas. They actually had "market adjustments", window etchings, pin stripes, and paint protection" on the tag. I laughed and told him to call me when reality sets in around Easter. It was the same way with the last MDX and Honda Odyssey.
    Agreed, Leases are not good for GMC for the reason that their values do not hold up well. They are getting better though. Part of what you pay for the lease is the depreciation and GMC is just not there yet. 100K warranty helps, though.

Some dealers are just down right scoundrels. Pick and choose a good reputable dealer. The ones that charges for ridiculous extras I avoid.
  • wristshot19wristshot19 Member Posts: 10
    Car_Man,
    Can you tell me what the current money factor and residual % is on a 36 month lease at 12,000 mi/yr for an Acadia? I was quoted a lease and I want to see if the numbers are correct. Here is what I got:

MSRP: $34,449.00
    GM Employee Price: $31,361.33
    Money at Signing: $753.41
    Payment According to Dealer: $502.26/mo

Does that sound about right?
  • fulano82fulano82 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the current lease deals on the Acadia and outlook? Last time I went to the dealers they had some crazy numbers :mad: .
    I believe their is $500 support on an Acadia lease.

According to my GMC dealer here their numbers on the Acadia are:
    57% residual on a 36 month lease at 12,000 miles per year.
    The interest percent is 8.05% (Money Factor~.00335).

The Outlook may be different as Saturn's lease offer this month for a 36 month lease on a FWD Outlook XR states "MSRP of $30,290.00, a capitalized cost of $29,307.00 and a residual value of $18,477.00".

$18,447/$30,290 ~ %60.9 which they will say is 61%.
    I don't know the lease rate/money factor on the Outlook.
  • jsantangelojsantangelo Member Posts: 13
    on the acadia,36 month on 12k miles is 61% AND mf OF 7.2

Your deale ris about 1 month behind.
    There you go, if these are real now they are getting better. Residual 61% after 3years & 12k/yr is good. The MF is little high. However, the total lease deal is what counts. ;)
    I guess my dealer was wrong here in Tampa. The Acadia lease actually has a promotional residual of 63% for 3 years and 36,000 mi lease. He adjusted the quote on the Acadia to be $455.35 with $1203.21 due at signing.

Still not where I would like to see it as the MF could be better.
  • hollywood3hollywood3 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased GMC Acadia SLT-2 w/ Navigation (Michigan)

SmartLease Agreement
    36 Month Lease (12,000 mile)
    Capitalized Cost 39,206.86 (MSRP 42,500)
    Adjusted Cap. - lease loyalty/Pres. Day $ = 37,206.86
    Residual Value 26,992.35
    Rent Charge 7288.70

Monthly Payment 515.37 (including tax)

GMS Pricing (President Day cash)

Is this OK, did I get screwed?
    How much did you put down? If you put nothing down it seems like a great deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi garyss1. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what the MSRP and selling price of the exact model that you want are. I would be happy to use General Motors' current lease program for the Acadia to estimate what the monthly payment would be on the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kegels. Why is insurance includes in your truck's lease payment? You aren't getting insurance through the dealer that you are working with are you? You should arrange that on your own. $500 over invoice is a pretty good price for this truck, assuming that you are not the current owner of a non-GM product. General Motors is currently providing $1,000 "conquest" cash on the 2007 GMC Acadia. That means that anyone who is currently leasing or owns a non-GM vehicle gets an additional $1,000 incentive. There is $500 bonus cash on this truck right now as well. Furthermore, GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of this truck is only 7.2%. The rate that you were quoted is higher than this. The bottom line is that $785 per month is a little too much for this truck for my taste. there are a lot of amazing vehicles out there that one can get for $800 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi garyss1. General Motors did indeed raise GMAC's residual values for the Acadia. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wristshot19. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 62%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 7.2% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00300. The fact that you are able to get GM's Employee Price on this truck ensures that your lease is based upon an attractive selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, fulano82. General Motors' lease program for the Acadia and the Outlook are not very attractive right now. At least GM raised their residual values a little from the level that they were originally at. I would be happy to give you an idea of what these truck's lease programs are like, but in order for me to do so I need you to tell me how long you want to lease them for and what mileage allowance you need. I also can work up some sample lease payments for you if you provide me with the full MSRPs and approximate selling prices of the exact trucks that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello hollywood3. This looks like a very good deal to me. Congratulations on your new truck. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Car_man, i'm looking to lease the SLT-1 with no options for 36 months at 12,000 miles per year. I have not decided yet on wether to get the FWD or AWD. I also qualify for the conquest rebate because I own a none GM vehicle. Is that still available? I'm also looking to put down $3000. I reside in NYC and all the acadias that are coming in all have extra options that i don't really need. I would appreciate all your help. Thanks again.
  • optionstrailoptionstrail Member Posts: 4
    Been lurking (and learning) on the board for a few weeks and thought i would share quotes that i've been getting from dealers:

In Central/Northern NJ dealers are quoting the following:

Rates
    -36 month, 15k miles/yr....60% residual and 7.2% rate
    -48 month, 15k miles/yr....52% residual and 7.2% rate

Fees:
    -Bank Acquisition: $695
    -Tags and Title: $400
    -Documentation: $299
    -Tire (NJ specific): 1.50 /tire X 5 tires = $7.50
    -Gap Insurance: assuming is tucked away in one of the fees above, since wasn't quoted directly...will need to confirm

Taxes:

-7%: NJ charges as percent of all monthly pymnts upfront at closing

Would be interesting to know what others have been quoted or have paid....
  • hollywood3hollywood3 Member Posts: 2
    zero down on that 515. a month lease (just 1st mo. pymt/transfer fee plate)
  • optionstrailoptionstrail Member Posts: 4
    NJ Dealer has included a $550 refundable in my lease.....when questioned he said the following:

-is required per GMAC
    -no interest is paid on balance...represents $183 of lost interest income at 7.2% over 48 month lease
    -can get rid of it in one of two ways:

1. increase base lease rate by 0.5% (7.7% instead of 7.2%) or
    2. buy lease insurance from them (covers $1,500 of stuff like excessive wear and tear when returned)

Anyone else have similar experience?
  • aroxasaroxas Member Posts: 10
    I located a loaded SLT2 AWD in dealer inventory (Norther NJ)in www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. I have a supplier discount.

The MSRP comes to $44,965.00. The supplier Price right under it is $42,047.03. When you click on the Window Sticker, a lower supplier price $40,092.90 shows up. At what price can I get the car?

One dealer tells me that I have to pay the 42K number because it includes advertising fees, etc for the dealership. Is this true?
  • aroxasaroxas Member Posts: 10
    I was just quoted an SLT2 AWD for $39,166. MSRP is $43,620. Manager says he'll lease it for about $550 with a down of $4K. 36-month lease. NJ state tax is 7%.

Is this a good deal? What is the residual and money factor appled here? Unfortunately, the manager was not giving all the numbers during my visit. Can anyone back out these important numbers?

Thanks.
  • biceman22biceman22 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan,

Have the lease rates changed with GMAC?? I was discussing a deal on an Acadia with a dealer yesterday and he was quoting me 8.2%. Do I need to just let him know that I'm aware the current rate is 7.2% and call him on that?? Not sure the best way to handle that.

Thanks!
    I got quoated yesterday on a SLT-1 with no extra options. The quoate was 36 months 12,000 miles per year at $463 a month with $3000 out of pocket. Is this a good deal? I feel I can do better. Please help!! :confuse:
  • tapgypsytapgypsy Member Posts: 11
    I just leased an acadia slt 2 for $599 per month including tax (ohio), 39month, miles 12k . Sticker $45015 minus wheel content credit of $600 was $44415. Agreed value of vehicle $41552. Due at signing $1538 cap. cost reduction, $599 first month,reg fee $60, sales use tax $103 minus dealer paid $1000 rebate/cash credit for competetive knock out--which made it to be $1300 out of pocket. Hope this helps and please let me know if this deal was ok
  • cms830cms830 Member Posts: 2
    I went to a dealership in the Chicago area today and this is the deal I was offered. Sticker price $43890. After the manager insisted he couldn't do anything but $500 over invoice despite the deal he was running in the newspaper, when we were walking out the door he offered us $500 below invoice. Still with an agreed upon price of $39994, 36 month lease, 12k miles, he calculated the payments to be $735 per month with nothing down and around $693 with 2K down. These didn't match any of my calculations, but the salesman wouldn't tell me what Residual value or money factor he was using. I left. That feels like robbery to me.

Am I right or should I start shopping for a cheaper truck?
    Tapgypsy, did the dealer say "this is a stick up". Its sounds like he was wearing burgelar mask. :mad:
    Those numbers dont sound right all, you can definitley to better. I've been working with an internet fleet manager in Southern California and they are shopping around for me. I dont have all the specifics yet, but we discussed a car with a sticker around 42k and a my price would be around 40k. Quoted me a lease of 610 for 36 months and 570 for 48 months, both with about 1000 out the door.
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    Biceman,

How does it work when you deal with an "internet fleet manager"??
    Not real sure to tell you truth, my wife had put in an inquiry through some website and I started to get emails from different dealerships. Not sure how it really works, they just said they would shop around and find me what I wanted even if it was at another dealership and get the car that I want sent to them.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Just about all dealerships have links to inventory in the area. A swap across town might not cost them much, but bringing in something from a couple hundred miles might cost someone a couple hundred (who pays that?).

I just spent 5 minutes on GM Buypower.com and looked at inventory at 5 GM dealers in Memphis. If I put in a couple of other zip codes, I could check the dealerships between Nashville, Little Rock, Jackson Mississippi and even St Louis...plus smaller dealerships in the area. Contact info is available there and if I found one I wanted, I could give them a call and start trying to work up a deal.

It sounds as if you really don't have a 'relationship' with a dealership or this website...whatever you feel confortable with. I have tried working with dealers in the past on locating one that was not in stock in Memphis, but never really had any luck or felt comfortable with the process.
    Yes, fulano82, General Motors has a $500 conquest cash incentive on the 2007 GMC Acadia this month. What sort of help are you looking for. Let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aroxas. Let me begin by saying that $4,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers against making capitalized cost reductions, aka down payments, when leasing. Consumers who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can lease any vehicle that you want without making any cap cost reduction and it is in your best interest not to make one.

The selling price that you were quoted on the Acadia that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% (for this model) to calculate your truck's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi biceman22. No GMAC's base lease rate for the Acadia has not changed. It's still 7.2%. If I was in the market for this truck I definitely would make sure that the dealer I was working with used the 7.2% rate to calculate my monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fulano82. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of specific Acadia that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tapgypsy. This looks like a pretty good deal to me. Thanks for taking the time to share the derails of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new truck :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cms830. $500 under invoice is a very good price for this truck, but...a lease payment of $735 per month for it is outrageous. There are so many amazing vehicles out there that can be leased for $700 per month that I would get before the Acadia. Let's use GM's current lease program to estimate what this vehicle's monthly payment should be. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Acadia that has an MSRP of $43,890 and a selling price of $39,994 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around only $546. I used GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% and a residual value of 63% to calculate this payment. As you can see, something is way off with the payment that you were quoted. I personally would look around for a new dealer to work with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Car man, Its a SLE AWD with a MSRP of $33,374 and they are willing to sell at $31,745. It has CONVENIENCE PACKAGE,
    PREFERRED PACKAGE,AM/FM STEREO W/6 CD & MP3 (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO) BOSE SPEAKERS WITH SUB-WOOFER TRI-ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL, XM SATELLITE RADIO 8 PASS SEATING. I want to lease for 36 months at 12,000 miles per year with $3000 out of pocket. I qualify for the $1,000 conquest cash rebate. Please respond ASAP i will be visting the dealer tomorrow to get thier numbers.I want to be prepared. Please help!!! :confuse:
  • cms830cms830 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man. That's what I though too. I'm definitely going to work with another dealer cause I really like this truck. I'm not in any real rush, I just want a good deal. Hopefully I can find someone who will treat me more fairly. I'm considering just working with someone by email or by fax because I think they see me, a young woman and think, "Oo, there's a mark!" Thanks again, I appreciate all your help on this forum!
  • sboyd1sboyd1 Member Posts: 13
    I just wanted to report on my recent experience in TX (DFW) shopping for an Acadia lease. The short version is - couldn't make it happen. Maybe I'm not savvy enough or maybe I'm not patient enough.

Initial email requests for information to several dealerships *all* went silent after I specifically indicated that I was interested in a lease. They didn't even try to flip me to a different program. Amazing.

A phone call inquiry to a salesman at one dealer in particular resulted in the statement, "GMAC doesn't do leases in Texas any more." Thank you, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

A phone call to a salesman at a leasing company (non-dealer) resulted in absolutely ridiculous fees and high monthly prices with the explanation being I was "building equity" in my vehicle so I could flip out of it early if I wanted to - or even get money back at the end. Plus the residuals the leasing company was offering were > 10% lower than GMAC's.

I eventually ended up at a dealership where the salesman *only* negotiated vehicle price - and even that wasn't a negotiation. He just offered it at invoice. I agreed and it was off to financing. That's where things got sticky again. After doing some research on the GMAC SmartBuy versus the SmartLease program I had a hard time seeing any appreciable difference between the two. I'm not using the vehicle for work so I don't need to write it off on my taxes. So mentally I was prepared to accept the SmartBuy pitch. But I had the finance guy walk through a comparison of lease vs. smartbuy and he was willing to do it.

He obviously pitched SmartBuy as the best choice and told me all the negatives about leasing. We eventually reached an agreement on financing and price and I'm now the happy owner of an Acadia but there's one thing that still bothers me...

On GMAC's "payment estimator" they list two SmartBuy programs w/ apr's of 8.2 and 9.12 respectively. When I sat down with finance he told me the SmartBuy rate would be 9.2. I pulled out the printout I had and asked why it was different. He basically said, "I don't know what that is... I have these papers here that tell me what to charge... the lease rate is 8.2 and I have to add 1 pt. to that for smartbuy."

He eventually lowered the apr from 9.2, but I called the GMAC # to ask what the deal was and they told me, "Those numbers are estimates only. Only the dealer can tell you what the actual rate should be." So why on earth put them on the website? Seems a little disingenuous.
This discussion has been closed.