Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• tmarinotmarino Member Posts: 3
    Wow. Thanks for the great info. Are the number identical for 12k and 10k?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome tmarino. Ally's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual values. Its 10k resids are likely 3% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tmarinotmarino Member Posts: 3
    Just got back from the dealer. Said hes getting better lease numbers with US Bank not Ally - so the following is based on the US Bank numbers.

2012 GMC Acadia Denali AWD - white diamond & Navi.

Term - 39 months
    MSRP - $49,375.00
    Retail -$ 48,500.00
    Incentives and Rebate - 1,500.00 from GMC & $2,000.00 from US Bank
    My Price - $45,000.00
    Residual - 50%
    Money Factor - .00040

566 a month plus 2900 for taxes, fees, first month. Is this a good deal>?
  • copperskiercopperskier Member Posts: 7
    how were you eligible for the $1,500 from GMC? anyone else familiar with this rebate?
  • artsy0524artsy0524 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    These are random (sometimes) - Private offers from GM that people are receiving in mail and some getting email notifications also. - I got one and remembered going on the GMC.com a few months back to build a vehicle and submitted my email (I put in a fake ph# because I did not want all the local dealers calling me with quotes). Some people already have a GM vehicle and some have had a GM vehic. in past. -Some have never had one and get the offer. - go figure! ...on a similar happy note, right off the press - if you have a current lease of a NON-GM vehicle in your household you can get $2000. additional off a New GMC Acadia or Yukon, and $1k off rebate on Terrain! -not to be combined with $1500 GM Private offer - !
  • johnpppjohnppp Member Posts: 2
    I've looked everywhere for November details and can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm looking for -

- MF on a 36 mo lease (10K and 12K miles per year)
    - Residual (10K and 12K)
    - Any incentives currently being offered (incl non-GM private offer above)
    - Typical "over invoice" price before applying incentive ($250 over?)
    - Other fees one should expect when leasing a GMC (e.g. bank fee)

Much appreciated
  • stunatu22stunatu22 Member Posts: 14
    I have been offered the following at local GMC dealer:

2012 Acadia Denali AWD for $44,504 after rebates and "dealer discount".

Only extra $$ is taxes and plates totalling $4,365. (8.75% sales tax)

That is with the DVD/Nav package and tralier hitch and black metallic.

Financing is 1.9% for up to 60 months.

Seems like a great deal - any thoughts??

Thank you for your response.
  • artsy0524artsy0524 Member Posts: 3
    You can get 0% / 60 months on the 2012 Acadia Denali now --in NY...and $2k Rebate for being in lease of NON-Gm vehicle. Where is "local" to you>?
  • stunatu22stunatu22 Member Posts: 14
    Buffalo, NY
  • wcbaltawcbalta Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Got this quote today. I feel like the selling price is a high. I'm getting preferred pricing but are they really only going less than 2K off sticker for these?

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD
    Sunroof with Second Row Skylight
    Navigation with Bose
    $44,930.00 MSRP
    $43,153.45 GM Preferred Pricing

39 Months 15,000 mi/yr
    Sign and Drive($0 Down, $0 First Payment, $0 Security Deposit)
    Ally Bank
    $577 + tax = $629/month
  • socaldtsocaldt Member Posts: 2
    I haven't seen any posts for the month of November with the current Ally lease rates. Can anyone help out?

Looking at the 2012 SLT1, FWD.

The dealer I visited last week in Los Angeles was trying to tell me that the 39 month lease rate was actually better than the 36 month rate for this month, even though I would have to pay for tags for the final 3 months of the lease term. It didn't sound accurate, but until I know the actual rates, I have no basis.

Does anyone have the 36 month lease residual and interest rate for the SLT1 FWD?

Thanks
    Hi socaldt. 39-month leases often have lower payments than 36-month leases. The reason for this is new vehicles experience their most rapid rate of depreciation during the first year of ownership. By leasing for three more months one is able to spread out this large initial depreciation hit out over three additional payments.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT1 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 47%, respectively. The lease rate for a 36-month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,050 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this truck through Ally. It is waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • engineer14engineer14 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I was quoted the following lease deal in NJ for a fully loaded 2012 Acadia Denali with Nav and Dual Headrest DVD. (Black exterior and Black interior)
    Does this sound like a good deal??

MSRP: $50,990
    Interest Rate APR: 1.0500%
    39 month Lease through Ally
    12,000 miles/year
    All taxes & fees are already included in payment (7% tax rate for NJ)
    Cash down $810
    Payment/month = $615
    1st payment due in a month

Please let me know your thoughts and whether you think it's a good deal. I spoke to two dealerships and they both say they can't go lower.

THANKS!!
  • smetzlersmetzler Member Posts: 23
    I purchased a GMC Acadia 2008 SLT-2. It had 39,500 miles, good to excellent condition, and had a sticker price of $28,995. They came down to $27,995. It is loaded (memory seats, navigation, DVD player, all wheel drive, etc.) expect for the heads up display. The color is silver with black leather inside. I also added blue tooth for $299.

I'm located in Columbus, OH.

I'm just try to get an idea if what I paid is a good deal.

Thanks.

Shawn
  • jrh4785jrh4785 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Can you please post the current 36 and 39 month lease info (money factor, residual, lease cash incentive) with Ally Bank for a 2012 GMC Acadia Denali AWD at 1K miles/month.

Thanks!
    Here is the information that you're looking for jrh4785.

Ally's January base lease rate for a lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia Denali AWD is 1.05% for both 36 and 39-months.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,695 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrh4785jrh4785 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Car_man. Can you also post the corresponding 36 and 39 month residuals for 1K miles/month?
  • dannyfreeddannyfreed Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_Man:

I am in NY (Long Island) and looking to get a 2012 Acadia SLT-1 AWD with 15K miles for a 36 (or 39) month term. Can you please give me base lease rate, residual, and any dealer incentives for these terms for February?

Thanks!
    Hi dannyfreed. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.05% and 45%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,695 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • garyb6garyb6 Member Posts: 1
    I live in N Illinois. Want to lease 2012 Acadia. Never leased before. I can buy for $44,000 with 0% finane rate for 60 months. Value of my trade in is $27,000 and I owe $7,000 on it. Tax rate is 7%. I am thinking of leasing for 36 or 39 months. Can anyone help me figure out what my lease amount would be per month. Not sure what rebates are being offered. My trade in is a Acadia SLT2 loaded with 35,000 miles, If I lease I would like to have 5,000 from my trade in to lease my wife a car. Any help would be appreciated. I am obviousely new at this and the dealer gives me a headache. garyb
    Hi garyb6. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to use General Motors' current lease program to work up a sample payment on the exact truck that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need both its MSRP and it selling price. Let me know what both figures are and I'll crunch some number for you.

I see that you are considering trading in a vehicle that you have substantial equity in on your deal. There's nothing wrong with trading a vehicle in when leasing, but...it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen. Have the dealer cut you a check for your trade instead.

Car_man
    Host
  • sehorn79sehorn79 Member Posts: 7
    Where were you quoted this in NJ? I'm interested in leasing the same vehicle.
  • mason809mason809 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man

Could you please post the current lease information for a 2012 Acadia SLT-1 FWD. 36 or 39 month lease with 15,000/year.

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for mason809. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.05% and 45%.

General Motors is currently providing a $4,975 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mason809mason809 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man.

The dealer has offered a lease deal with a $5500 incentive. I'm assuming that this a lease through U.S. Bank. Just wondering if you had any information on the U.S. Bank lease for a 2012 FWD Acadia SLT-1. Also curious if you know how long the $5500 incentive is available.

Thanks again.
    You're welcome mason809. You're right, the $5,500 cash incentive is available on leases through US Bank. US Bank's current 36-month base lease rate for the 2012 GMC Acadia is 0.96%.

Car_man
    Host
  • vfluvflu Member Posts: 1
    I am planning on leasing a 2012 Acadia SLE:

MSRP $36,820
    Dealer Incentives - $4975
    GM Card Earning - $700
    39 mo lease/12,000 miles =$378.53 per mo.
    Cash due at signing: $907.59
  • leaseinpaleaseinpa Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man:

I am about to lease an Acadia Denali, and I had a few questions about the quote I have received:

The MSRP is $49,570, the dealer is selling it to me for $48,000 (this is the base Denali, plus Navigation and Rear Entertainment options).

The lease rate is 1.37%, with residual of $23,297. I am getting a 36 month lease of $588 (including taxes), with no money down with delivery by end of April.

Questions:

This is the best deal I have gotten from 3 dealers - does this seem fair and is there anything I am missing or should ask about?
    They mention a $7,500 rebate is included - what exactly is that, and why does it not go to reducing the cost of the vehicle?

Thanks for your help!
  • jbanks19jbanks19 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    I received a quote for an SLT1 w/ Navigation and sunroof w/ skylight for $453.89 per month (that is with taxes in the monthly payment since I live in Connecticut). All I bring to the table at signing is first month and DMV fees. Also, I was able to take advantage of the Conquest rebate since I also lease an Audi.

39 months 12k miles per year

The MSRP on the car is $45,220

Best deal I found so far.
  • acadiaguyacadiaguy Member Posts: 2
    Jbanks19--

That's a great price and the model I am shopping for in CT. Kindly share where you received this offer. Thx
  • jbanks19jbanks19 Member Posts: 3
    Milea auto group in Bronx, ny

Actually he price dropped to 438 a month when I got there so it was great.
  • acadiaguyacadiaguy Member Posts: 2
    Thx very much for sharing
  • laucamplaucamp Member Posts: 1
    Long Island; Got dealer quote for Acadia SLT1 AWD -no extra options and I have that $2k lease rebate b/c I am leasing a Ford.
    10k miles
    $374. is payment when I come up with tax, etc.
    May pull the trigger this weekend.
    Carman what do you think
  • yahoo_user37yahoo_user37 Member Posts: 1
    O.K. I think I may actually have done too much research on the lease of this car. I am willing to pay a fair price as I understand the dealer needs to make money.

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD. MSRP $41,735. Cap cost $39,894. MF .0004 (.96%), Residual 46%. US Bank Incentives $5,825. 10,000 Mile Lease.

2 Questions: cap cost (purchase price) seems high on this vehicle and the dealer is not looking to move. Anyone with experience on similar car. Looking to make a reasonable offer.

Also the residual looks low. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is probably non-negotiable??

Also US Bank is charging $895 bank fee. Thoughts?
  • acadiamania88acadiamania88 Member Posts: 1
    I love the Acadia. I own an SLT-2 and the features are phenomenal! Not that I’m a speed-demon, but I find the Acadia’s 2-4 gear really kick-up and eat the competitors for breakfast (minus the German-vehicles).

The one complaint is the tie-down straps for holding seatbelts in the back. THEY BREAK! I’m a simplistic type, but I’ve broken at least three of those straps making them useless. Fortunately, my dealer provided a free body protection plan and the special diamond tri-coat painting fix-up, but there seems no resolve to the breaking latch-on straps.

When purchasing the car, I would highly recommend insuring / procuring a sort of warranty per the interior of the car. Even with an 80k / 8yr warranty, it’s not covered!!

My other major complaint is that the USB hook-up doesn’t recognize / charge a Microsoft phone (don’t make fun, it’s company provided). Hopefully GMC can remediate one of the two issues aforementioned; otherwise, the SUV is a great purchase w/ great mileage and storage.

Cheers! & the best of luck!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    acadiamania88,

We're glad to hear that you're so pleased with your Acadia! It looks like you have a good working relationship with your dealership on the two central concerns that you currently have (the straps and compatibility of the phone); if anything arises that we can check into for you please be sure to get in touch.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • nmd3228nmd3228 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking at a 2012 Acadia SLT-2, with an MSRP of 41,040. I was quoted an interest (money factor) rate of 2.15%, with a residual of 51%. The residual seemed a little high, as did the interest rate. Also told there is $5000 in current rebates on a 36 month lease. Does anyone have the current numbers?
  • suberman1suberman1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man
    I got a quote for a SLT 1- $402 including 7.375tax with 2000 down

MSRP = 43615, 15K Miles, 36 months, residual 21600

I assume there is a discount of around 6000 and the MF is low. Can you please post the MF, Residual, Lease cash please? Is the quoted price fair or do you think I can find a better deal?

Thanks
  • pathfinder17pathfinder17 Member Posts: 1
    We talked to dealer today and this quote seemed high can someone help me
    2012 Acadia AWD SLT-1 MSRP 43,285.00 sell price 42,807.00 residual 22,508.20 mileage 12,000 Down payment 1,123.00 Monthly lease payment 529.25 for 39 months I told him I could put down 3,000 he said it was not nesecary I dont know what residual means been many years since i have leased
    Hi nmd3228. Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been away. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 54%, respectively.

There is a $3,000 cash incentive for everyone plus an additional $500 for loyal customers on leases of this truck through Ally right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi suberman1. Please see my previous post for this truck's lease program information.

As far as the selling price goes, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • yl_daveyl_dave Member Posts: 1
    What dealership was this price from?

Also, does anybody know if there are any additional labor day incentives coming?

Thanks.
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Hi car man,

Do you have the August residual and money factor for the Denali? Thanks.
    Yes I do. Ford Credit's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Acadia Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 52%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • rkarkramprkarkramp Member Posts: 25
    Is the lease rate and residual value for 12,000 mi/yr 39 month lease 1% and 52% for an Acadia SLT-1 for August?
  • jkisselljkissell Member Posts: 7
    I've never leased before, but this seems like a good deal - what do you think?
    2012 Acadia AWD Denali
    MSRP: 51,375
    Sale price: 45,363 (includes 3500 in discounts/incentives)

Money down: $2458, includes first payment
    Monthly payment: $499, includes all taxes, etc.

This model has navigation, dvd.

Thanks!
    Not sure of your sales tax...on a leasing calculator with that down payment I come up with $494.50 but that is using CT sales tax of 6.35%. I just recently leased an Acadia myself. Below was e deal I received:

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD with Navigation and Moonroof
    MSRP: 45,175
    Sales Price: $42,400 plus $5,000 incentives ($2,000 competitive lease and $3,000 ally lease)

1% lease factor
    52% residual

All fees were included and my monthly payment was $462. The only money down was the first month's payment and this also included taking over my current lease which had three payments left. If you have a non-GM vehicle, you should also get the competitive lease cash as well. Good luck.
  • ggmorganggmorgan Member Posts: 7
    Just received a quote via email:

2012 Acadia Denali AWD
    MSRP: $50,425
    Nav, DVD Ent, couple of other small options
    39 mo lease, 15K miles
    $1,995 down which includes 1st mo and CT DMV fees (seems high to me, no?)
    $529/month

I don't yet have all the details but salesman did mention the sale price includes $5,000 in rebates including a conquest rebate. I'm not yet sure if this includes sales tax (6.35%), but I am assuming it does not.

From what info I have, is this a decent deal? Ideally I'd like to pay < $500 with no cap cost reduction. Is this possible?

I have requests out to other dealers in a 50-mile radius. Will report back if I get a better offer.

Many thanks.
  • ggmorganggmorgan Member Posts: 7
    4kooks, at which dealership in CT did you lease your Acadia? Looks like a great deal!
    I leased from Wallingford Buick/GMC.
This discussion has been closed.