Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Interior and Trim

xlayedoutxxlayedoutx Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Ford
For those of you that have it what color do you set your gauges at? I switch from a Blue of R1 G1 B5, a Purple of R5 G1 B5 and a the preset Red.

Comments

• tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I usually do either the deep blue or the gray. I like the red glow of the gauges against the "blacked out" background.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    So sometimes i stick to the green so it all matches.

Mark.
  • mikeyh1mikeyh1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a GT Premium Convertible. For $160 I can purchase the cover for the top. Do you think it is worth it? Or is one of those useless accessories that will just take up space in the trunk?
    IMHO, the boot cover is worthless.

IT is way to freaking hard to put on. It is something that you will not do.

The Z-fold top is ALWAYS OUTSIDE OUT. This is different from other convertibles that are INSIDE OUT when the top is down. ON THOSE OTHER cars, you need the boot cover to keep the inside of your top clean and to keep the sun from destroying it.

If you are going to garage the vehicle and never drive it with the top up, then the boot cover does give you a cleaner look.

Also, go for the cloth top.

Mark.
  • mikeyh1mikeyh1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot for the response. I was sensing that this thing was a waste....and you just confirmed it! I will put my order in without this option.

Thanks man!

Mike
  • bigfunkylizardbigfunkylizard Member Posts: 1
    HEY, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE YOU CAN BUY CUSTOM SUN VISORS FOR THE MUSTANG. I'M LOOKING FOR VISORS WITH THE PONY LOGO OR EVEN THE GT LOGO. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. THANKS
  • south1pawsouth1paw Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 98 Mustang Convertible with power door locks today. Dealer only had one key and it was on just a key ring. How can I determine if car is set up for a remote lock/unlock. Could the locksmith I go to to get an extra key made determine if it came with a remote?
    First, if you your car has a PATS key, you can't get one made at a locksmith, PATS keys have the chip in them. You can spot an early PATS key by its oversized head and on the top edge you can see the insert for the chip. Mustangs were the first Ford to get PATS.

Second, if you put the key into the ignition and cycle from off to start to off about 8 times in a row and the locks pop up and down then you have remote keyless.

Mark.
  • south1pawsouth1paw Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! The key does not to seem to have a chip as it is quite a bit smaller than the one from my 99 Ranger. I'll try the off/on sequence and see what happens.
  • mbrownembrowne Member Posts: 3
    Just started looking at the new Mustangs, and haven't even test driven yet. But wondering about the strange-looking headrests. Is the angle adjustable? Doesn't seem like your head should be against that narrow edge. Thanks!
    It adjusts up and down. The tilt angle is not adjustable. You'll have to adjust the seatback angle or the tilt of the seat. It takes a while to find a comfortable angle, but you can.
  • moronixmoronix Member Posts: 29
    I have a slightly different take on the boot cover. It gives the car a cleaner look with the top down and I prefer that. It's NOT hard to install (I'm 66 years old and can do it in about 3 minutes). That being said I don't believe it's worth $160 and the car looks fine without it. If you do get it I suggest you save the plasitc bag it comes in and put it back in it when removing it. I love this mew Mustang GT/CS.
  • jwinteringjwintering Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 mustang's driver's carpet is tearing at the plastic clip that holds the floor mat in place. Is this an isolated problem? Is it covered by factory warranty?
    As long as you have less than 36K miles on it, yes.
This discussion has been closed.