Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Extended Warranty

heffaeheffae Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
OK, sooner or later, we all have to start discussing this. The CX-7 is a new vehicle that warrants a few precautions if we plan on keeping it for a few years plus.

It was five months ago when I looked into the pricing and what it covered, I was sold on it and plan on purchasing it soon from the dealer.

What's your thoughts?

Comments

• fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Purchased the Mazda factory extended warranty at same time as the Cx-7. Covered for 3 extra years/50,000 extra miles, so you could say the Cx-7 is set for 6 years/100,000 miles. Paid $1450.00 for the highest level "Total Care" plan w/ $100.00 deductible per covered service visit.

Also paid $28,350.00 plus TT+L for the AWD GT w/ compass mirror, package tray, and rear bumper guard.
  • phillygwmphillygwm Member Posts: 3
    I bought mine at the time I purchased my CX-7. I'm usually biased against extended warranties but since my Millenia needed a new steering rack at 93K miles, I decided it was probably a good deal. Plus, the warranty seemed better than most.
  • jg6jg6 Member Posts: 70
    72/100,000/$100 MEPP "Total Care" for CX-7

$1,201 FWD
    $1,441 AWD

link title
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    The Mazda dealer claimed they were giving me the "deal of a lifetime" at $1450.00 for the extended service package. The sales technique used on me to purchase the CX-7 consisted of the sales manager trying to show me "invoices" for what they paid for the vehicle, even going so far as to offer me a talk with the local Mazda rep about what the dealer "really paid" for the Cx-7. At the end of the day, all the internet research and paper work in the world will only give a guide as to pricing. The public will never and can never find out true manufacturer to dealer pricing on cars. Too many variables and secret deals. The epitome of proprietary information.
  • jg6jg6 Member Posts: 70
    That's why you have to know something before you purchase if you want to watch your $$$$. A lot of people don't seem to care about overpaying for purchases.

I worked too hard for my money to throw it away by paying over invoice for a vehicle or by buying an overpriced warranty.
This discussion has been closed.