Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Scion xB - new design... love it or hate it?

2»

Comments

• wapswaps Member Posts: 19
    Place small close-up mirror on outer edge of both L/R rear view mirrors. Adjust until blind spot is gone.
  • wapswaps Member Posts: 19
    Bridgestone and Firestone owed by same company. :confuse:
    I'll stick with the Goodyears that's what's on my 2008 xB. Great ride and no worries. :)
  • kristin11kristin11 Member Posts: 1
    I currently drive a mini cooper, manual transmission, and i love it but my lease is up in October and my needs have changed..I have kids that are larger, so I need a bigger vehicle but my sense of quirky style hasn't changed and I have absolutely decided upon a Scion Xb...but! to buy the newer 2008 or the older style 2006 is my dilemma. i am not a crazt fast driver (I have kids) but I do enjoy the control of a manual transmission...and I am mostly a city driver but again, the manual transmission thing is stimulating and keeps me super alert. iI think i love the boxier but smaller style of the 2006 but there is something about having an even more modern vehicle....I may be answering my own question here but if anyone has any advise knowing what I drive now to what what is a good transformation....?
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    If you're carrying kids, I'd definitely go with the '08, it's a much sturdier, safer vehicle. That's one reason it's bigger, to the dismay of the '06 lovers. The older version is light because it's an old design, with much poorer performance in side impact crashes (3/4 stars front/rear, compared to 5/5 stars for the new model).

If you want better handling, there are Scion parts (I'd go for the springs, shocks, front tower bar and anti-roll bars) but not the larger wheels, there are good tires you can put on the 16" rims.
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    I noticed that the xB has only one reverse light on the left side of the rear bumper: http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/I/u/ag_08xb_leftrear.jpg . I wonder why they did that. Do any xB owners find that there is less or asymmetric light when reversing in the dark? Is it a potential safety issue?
  • lillybrigslillybrigs Member Posts: 7
    My husbands coworker just got the 2008 xb.
    I took it for a test drive and I found no safety issue with reversing and the lighting was just fine in the dark.
    I personaly feel more comfortable in my mazda.
    But I didn't feel that the lighting brought up any safety issues.
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    Thanks. What was your opinion of the car overall from the test drive?
  • lillybrigslillybrigs Member Posts: 7
    My overall feel in the car was great..It handled great and the blind spots were almost non existent compared to my mazda....But call me shallow I just don't like the way the car looks....its niether retro nor modern :shades:
  • natatacnatatac Member Posts: 17
    Anything in the rumour mill about design changes coming in the 2011 model year? I know the 1st gen had a short run, not sure how long the second gen will go for and being with the new Soul and upcoming Cube the market isn't so exclusive anymore and the people love to see the newer designs. I noticed the discussions on the XB boards have lost a lot of momentum as of late. Lot of consumer reviews of the Soul going on now the car is hot, will likely see a similiar perk of activity with the cube......
  • flawlesslyflawlessly Member Posts: 5
    The 1st gen. was out in 2003/4, the 2nd gen. was out in 2008, I don't think the 3rd gen. will out for another 2 or 3 years, if they really do change to 3rd gen. in just 2 or 3 years, people will think that Scion isn't a good bit due to too often changing styles, buyers also will put on hold buying Scion entirely, who knows the car will be outdated tomorrow or not.
This discussion has been closed.