Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town Country Audio/Entertainment Systems/GPS

dealingdavedealingdave Member Posts: 1
When I try and stick a dvd into my 6 disc changer the radio shows error and the number 1 button is always flashing. Please if anyone could help me out. thanks

Comments

• rdwilkesrdwilkes Member Posts: 3
    i live in the UK and have just picked up my 07 T+C Limited, it has the RB1 SAT radio and 6 dvd changer, i know the sat wont work over here but radio works fine, my problem is dvd i have bought region 1 discs the changer excepts them but the screen remains blank no life at all, i have connected my mpe via aux and still nothing, it came with remote and koss headphones, the remote is the one pictured in manual.
    al fuses are fine there 9is a power supply to screen roof mounted. once dvd's are inserted they dont seem to be spinning and the centre orange light on changer goes out, it will not respond to the remote either.
    someone plz help
  • ddaydanddaydan Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 T&C Touring with a RAZ Radio / CD player and 6 Disc DVD player with RCA input jacks. When I use my external MP3 player with the RCA inputs, the audio system seems to wait to detect a signal from it before it will play through the system. Between files it will lose the signal and will take 5 – 10 seconds to play again, missing that length of the next file. It is very irritating. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how do I correct it? It makes using the MP3 player with this audio system almost intolerable.
  • jennypjennyp Member Posts: 1
    I have an '07 Limited Edition Town and Country. It came with a 6-disc CD/DVD Changer, but not the rear LCD Screens. I was going to have an after-market DVD player installed, but want it to be integrated with the factory installed changer. Does anyone know if the Chrysler systems have audio/video output wires on the back of their system so I can do this? I'd rather get a non-factory DVD player since they are higher quality/larger screens/lower price.
  • ryan355ryan355 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anybody happen to know a way you could get around watching movies while driving on the main, front, screen. My son likes to sit in the front seat and I didn't think about it when I bout the van, but I didn't get the screens for the second and third row. So he can't even go back and watch something. If anybody could help I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    There's a way but it isn't cheap. Do a Google search for FreeGIG. It's an aftermarket plug-in module that requires you to plug it into the rear of your MyGIG (you might have to remove it to gain access).

At around $350 it's not cheap. My opinion on the price is that I could purchase an entire stand-alone DVD player with a larger screen than what's on the MyGIG for less than 1/2 of what this FreeGIG costs.
  • ryan355ryan355 Member Posts: 2
    That is true. I was just looking for a way around having to buy a whole new screen. But it would/could be cheaper. Thanks for your advice.
  • rds5rds5 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone out there experienced a problem with the Video system cordless headsets not working on the 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited?
    They worked fine until I had to have the 6 CD changer replaced, then they quit working.
    The dealer has no troubleshooting information on the system. DVD sound comes through the normal speakers just fine.
    Is the signal to the cordless headsets transmitted from the video display unit?
  • mattlsccmattlscc Member Posts: 1
    Is there a simple way to add GPS with a navigation DVD? I already have the touch screen with the myGig and the Sirius Satellite radio.

Is there any additional hardware I need to get GPS? Am I only missing the software?

Any ideas on how much it would cost to get the Chrysler GPS put in? What are other options out there?

Thanks so much in advance!
  • cshowaltercshowalter Member Posts: 1
    We bought a used 05 Town & Country & the DVD (single disk) player did not work so they have replaced it with another used one. I have tried 6 DVD's in it and only one of those have worked. I have tried Cd's and one time it will work the next time it doesn't. The Dvd's are newer ones (all within a year) and none of them are scratched. Anyone have any idea why the DVD's are not playing? or do I need to call the place we bought it again? Thanks!!
  • jeepdtjeepdt Member Posts: 15
    Has anyone noticed that the 2008 MyGig system doesn't display correct CD info for anything newer than 7/2007. How annoying is it to have all NEW CDs come up as untitled track#. :confuse:
  • jeepdtjeepdt Member Posts: 15
    Make sure its legal in your state to have a movie playing in the front while you're driving also. :)
    I was wondering if anybody happen to know a way you could get around watching movies while driving on the main, front, screen.

On an update to this, there is a new product out now called MyGIG Lockpick. It costs less than the FreeGIG I previously mentioned and has more features. The Lockpick website (Google search) has a demo that shows how easy it is to install - takes around 3 minutes.

I'd said that I didn't think the MyGIG was worth it for the price. However, this Lockpick thing is so cool that I'm considering getting one. I am mainly interested in adding a backup camera and this makes it easy to view it through the MyGIG.

It does enable in-motion front seat video, in reference to your original question. I would guess though that no states permit this.
    will this mygig fit 07 model voyagers as its same size?
  • deevmandeevman Member Posts: 2
    I just took my 2008 T & C to the dealer for the same problem. All the cars in the showroom with My Gig do the same thing. It's annoying since you can't search or make a play list with unknown artists and tracks. I was going to contact Chrysler tomorrow
    will this mygig fit 07 model voyagers as its same size?

Are you looking to install the entire MyGIG unit? I know that the MyGIG was available for some second half 2007 model year vehicles. My 07 Sebring has MyGIG with nav.

If you are going to get install MyGIG be sure you get the correct version. Read the warning below that I saw on another forum. Check with your Chrysler service department to see which on you have.

Verify the correct MYGIG RER radio part number is being installed. There are 2 versions. One for the CAN B bus and the other that operates on the high speed interior CAN Bus as used in the KA (Nitro), KK(Liberty), JK(Wrangler)and RT(2008 Caravan) vehicles. Installing the incorrect version will take down the BUS
  • deevmandeevman Member Posts: 2
    It turns out that the My GiG system uses "Gracenote Database" to identify the data on a music CD. The problem is that the system doesn't automatically update. Chrysler said that to keep checking with the dealers. In the meantime any CD that is newer than 3-4 months ago will probably not be recognized.
    What a disappointment!!!!
  • bedfordresbedfordres Member Posts: 5
    Is anyone having trouble with the phone? All of a sudden when i push the phone button on the system it says "sorry the phone is not working? I've called Uconnect and a couple of dealers. Of course they don't know anything and haven't had any other complaints. I had to make an appoint to take it in next week. UGH!
    I hate this crap. Somebody has to know something. I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty but the uconnect is the same on all Chrysler products. This is the one with the 7" touch screen display in the dash.
    Did you try pairing the phone again? I know I had to do this after I updated the MyGIG application software to v9.561.

I don't know if it could lose the pairing for some other reason but that would be the first thing I would check.
  • bedfordresbedfordres Member Posts: 5
    Just tried to resync the phone as you suggested. The system won't even allow me to get to the set up. When i hit the phone button it asks me what i want to do but when i respond I get "sorry the phone does not work"
    How did you update your software?
    How did you update your software?

On a Nitro forum there's a whole area devoted to talk on the MyGIG. One of the topics has to do with the MyGIG update. I believe it will only work if you have the nav option.

I'd post the link but the firewall here at work won't let me get access to the website. Try a Google search for something like mygig 9.561 update.

You have to download the update, then burn it to a DVD. If you follow the correct procedure on the website the update will install automatically when you insert it in your MyGIG. It takes around 20 minutes.

I also found an update to the Gracenotes database, if you're interested. People have been complaining about newer music CDs and the song titles not being recognized by MyGIG. It's an 854 MB download but it supposedly will fix that problem. It was still downloading when I left for work. I will update mine later tonight.

Again, try a Google search for mygig gracenote update. If you can't find it I'll try to help after I get home later.
  • travis64086travis64086 Member Posts: 1
    We recently purchased a 2006 T&C, standard wheelbase. The DVD player in it is the single DVD, not the changer. Rumor has that there isn't any way to get headphones (wireless or wired) to work. It appears the only thing that we can do is play the audio through the radio - except we are getting tired of the kidz vidz!! Any tricks or solutions - or even an aftermarket product that would solve our problem??

Also, this was purchased as a used van, there wasn't a remote for the DVD - should there have been?

Thanks!!
  • mr_headphonemr_headphone Member Posts: 3
    Hello you will need a remote
    to turn the rear audio on
    press 1 on the remote control on some of the radios the headphone icon the radio will be displayed for 15 seconds on the other radios channel A or channel B will be displayed
    to use the headphones the rear audio must be on or the headphones will not operate
    If you need the remote you might want to look on e-bay

Look for an VES remote that is the model you will need

look for an e-bayer with above a 700 score with 99% or better you you will get great service
    Look for FACTORY PARTS there are knock-offs and aftermarkets on e-bay and you will need the FACTORY PARTS to get you headphones working
    Thank you
    Richard
  • nance5nance5 Member Posts: 1
    We just recently purchased a 2005 Town & country LImited. It has the DVD player and also a single cd changer/gps system and a 6 disc cd changer. The book says we can watch a dvd and listen to it with headphones at the same time as playing a different cd and listening through the speakers(If the adults would want to listen to music in the front of the van) : . It doesn't explain how to do this , though. Can anyone tell us how we accomplish this?? Every time we try to listen to something ,other than the movie playing.... it turns the movie off.
    I want to replace my RB1 satelite head unit with an after market head unit, i also have a 6disc dvd attached i'm not fussed about this tho, is there a particular harness i need? 2007 T&C Limited speakers are not amped there is a stand alone amp in rear quarter.
  • wspeedracerz28wspeedracerz28 Member Posts: 2
    I bought an 08 Chrysler T&C Limited about 2 weeks ago. I got the Sig Series package but the dealership did not have the van I intended to purchase. I really did not want to leave without a van so I bought a cheaper model which did not have uconnect or navigation. It does have the MyGig system with the VES (2 screen rear video). I checked into http://www.coastaletech.com/ site which offers the Lockpick.
    This solves my problem of watching tv and sat tv while driving, as well as the back up camera, but I really want the uconnect feature to work as well. Is there any way around having to buy a NAV radio unit in order to use the bluetooth function? The radio in my van has the buttons, shouldn't there be a way to unlock and use the feature? I know i'll have to add a microphone as well. Any help would be great.
  • asdrew1asdrew1 Member Posts: 19
    The coastaltech site says that there is a factory kit available from the dealer that can "connect and integrate these functions in the non-nav MYGIG radios." (http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_MICROPHONE.htm)

They don't specify what it is called by Chrysler, but hopefully your dealer will be astute enough to know what it is (unfortunately not all of them keep up with the tech stuff enough).
  • wspeedracerz28wspeedracerz28 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, I havn't had any luck so far with dealerships. I'd go ahead and buy the NAV radio unit but I like my Garmin and don't need the feature. I've seen so many things for MyGig online but nothing to solve uconnect on a non-NAV MyGiG unit. It makes me curious if it is really possible and if so if the voice recognition is available as well since that feature is mainly for the NAV.
    It makes me curious if it is really possible and if so if the voice recognition is available as well since that feature is mainly for the NAV

A friend of mine has a T&C with MyGIG. He has the non-nav version but he does have UConnect with it.

I have the MyGIG with nav but I rarely use UConnect except to make a call.

I read on another forum where another owner was inquiring about UConnect. One day, he/she was sitting outside to pickup their child from school. While waiting, they pressed the UConnect button and said something into it. It responded. Apparently they'd had UConnect for several months and didn't know it. They said it wasn't part of the features listed on the sticker.

You might try that and see what happens before investing any money towards something you might already have. The microphone might at least be in the mirror already.
  • sudwelsudwel Member Posts: 3
    We recently purchased an '06 Grand Caravan, and are having the same headphone issues - even the parts guys at the dealership can't get the headphones to work with the DVD player - even with the headphone icon displayed! (We do have the remote).
    ">
    We still have warranty left on the van, so it was suggested that I have them take a look at it... and it just happens to be there today to get the A/C fixed under warranty - so they are also checking out the radio - I'll let you know what I find out!
  • sudwelsudwel Member Posts: 3
    Bad news - dealership told me on Friday that our radio "didn't come with the wireless headphone option"!!! We get the headphone icon, speakers in the van turn off and everything - but it wasn't an option on our vehicle - crazy! :confuse: So, our mechanic, who we bought the van off of, is going to look for a radio at the wreckers with the transmitter - I don't think I can handle listening to the kids' DVDs for another 5 hour stretch (one way!!) - I feel your pain!!
  • csteinbecsteinbe Member Posts: 10
    I was under the impression that the MyGig radios on the 2008 Caravans had a place in the glove box to plug in an interface cable for an iPod. This was supposed to be on non navigation equipped MyGigs.

I have a REN code radio, no navigation and no Uconnect and no plug in the glovebox. Is there something I'm not getting here, or is this supposed to be on Uconnect equipped models only?
    There might be an add-on for the iPod but I believe the standard connection is just the AUX jack that lets you listen to your iPod through the vehicle's speakers.
  • csteinbecsteinbe Member Posts: 10
    I think you're right. The part I was looking at:

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/82211263/partinfo.aspx?_Model=H&Series=H&- pc=7603

seems to indicate the Bluetooth Uconnect kit is required.

Thanks!
  • claskeyclaskey Member Posts: 3
    We purchased a used 2005 Town & Country limited a few months ago. Finally took advantage of the unconnect service and paired my phone last week and everything was working very well. 2 days ago my son wanted to check it out and pushed the voice recognition button. Afterwards we made a call and my husband couldn't hear us but we could hear him - thought it might be muted but it wasn't. Next day we noticed I noticed I could no longer hear the radio, cd, dvd -- no sound. Called the uconnect people and they suggested I reset the system. Did this to no avail. Light indicating sytem working has never come back on again - only the mute light when it is pushed. Didn't get the warranty so really want to find out if this is something we can fix -- UGGGG!
  • kameltonkamelton Member Posts: 1
    How do I play the two DVDs on the separate rear screens? I don't have the satellite TV, just the radio and my gig setup. I can't find it in the manuals. Does it even do this?
  • asdrew1asdrew1 Member Posts: 19
    Use the remote to select different inputs for the screens. There's a lever kind of thing on the right side to select screen one or screen two. Then press mode at teh bottom left and select the screen's input source.
  • girlcat1girlcat1 Member Posts: 1
    Two questions, We have a dual tv in the back. Whenever we put sirius satellite radio on in the back the screen says "updating channels." How do we fix this?
    Also, in the back we try to put on one station on AM or one on FM, or the same (both FM or AM) and we can't do it. Whenever we change it to Fm or AM the other person's screen changes to that to. Or whenever we change the station both have to listen to the same thing. How do we get separate channels (FM etc.) and separate stations?
  • captfuncaptfun Member Posts: 2
    We have an '06 Town and Country that came with the RB-1 Navigation Radio and the in dash 6 DVD Changer, it does not however have an overhead screen. I want to add an aftermarket screen (since the Mopar ones are only 7") The problem I am having is that Chrysler wants $300 for the cable from the changer to the screen. Any ideas where I can find one or even just the connector,

Thanks in advance!!!
    Is it a standard type connector, such as an RCA jack, or is there more to it than that?
  • captfuncaptfun Member Posts: 2
    I wish it were that easy. It is a rectangular connector with very small pins and approx 25 or so conductors. From Mopar the part is almost $300. I've tried some junk yards but no luck so far.
    Try a Google search for "MyGIG Lockpick" or "AllGIG". Those are aftermarket systems intended for the MyGIG entertainment systems but they sell a wire harness that goes between the MyGIG and an aftermarket video system, backup camera or other audio/video add-ons.

I know you don't have the MyGIG but the 25-pin connector sounds close to what they sell. They have pics on the websites of the harness and maybe you can determine from that if it's what you need. Email them for more info. From past experience I've gotten much faster response from the AllGIG website. I think the harnesses sell for around $50-70.

I'd post a link to them but my company firewall blocks me from getting there.
  • getaquote1getaquote1 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem, but looking around these forums I found there is an easier and cheaper solution. Check this out.
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef04dcb/356 :)
  • theroofatheroofa Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get this issue resolved. We just bought a new 2008 town and country and are having a similar issue. Everything was working fine, and then this morning, turn the car on and no sound. Can't figure how to get the volume back. When turning the volume dial, we do not get that little graph showing higher and low. Curious to know if you have found out how to resolve. Granted we can bring it in for service, but would like to know if there is a quick fix. Thanks in advance
  • i8thegreenbeani8thegreenbean Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Grand Caravan, with Navigation/DVD/6disc CD changer.

Is it possible to utilize the MP3 player capability, while my children are watching a movie with the wireless headphones in the back?

When I plug my MP3 player in the Aux jacks, located next to the changer, it automatically turns the movie off, and turns 'Aux' on---then the MP3 player comes through the speakers. The movie comes back on immediately after removing the Aux input jacks.

Can they be enjoyed at the same time, or am I stuck with Sirius while my kids watch a movie??
  • nulalnulal Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, My 2 year old son jammed some pennies into my Town and Country
    dvd and cassette player. The whole system has shut down. Radio/DVD everything. does anyone know where i can get a used system? Chrysler wants 1700.00 for a new one.
    Only those with 2 year olds can relate i'm sure!
    does anyone know where i can get a used system?

Try eBay. I've see some good deals listed there in the past. Examine the seller's feedback carefully before you buy.
  • scoutllscoutll Member Posts: 40
    Also make sure it is a system from a Town and Country or Grand Caravan. I'm not sure of specifics, but some vehicles use a high speed bus (GC, T&C and maybe Nitro) and some a low speed. Again, I'm not sure of specifics, but have read and been told, the two are not compatible. Maybe someone with more knowledge can enlighten and elaborate.
  • deirdrefdeirdref Member Posts: 9
    I'm trying the rear radio/ dvd for the first time and everything works great except for the sat radio. It just gets stuck saying "updating channels". I have the 2 rear screens and it does it on each of them. The am and fm radio work fine. The sat radio works fine in the front seat.

Any ideas?
  • de8212de8212 Member Posts: 6
    Getting ready to take a road trip and have some questions.

Can I listen to radio/satellite radio in the front while my kids watch a dvd movie (or watch sat. tv) without the headphones?

I think I have read that the kids can watch a dvd on the second row screen wiht headphones on while we listen to radio in the front. How can this be done?

THanks
  • joels1017joels1017 Member Posts: 11
    de8212, no, you cannot listen to the radio/satellite in the front seat while the rear speakers tune to the dvd/sat. tv in the rear. For the passenger speakers it is once source.
    The kids can watch and listen to different things on their own tv's though. To do that you have to navigate into the VES area of the mygig, you then have the option to set what each tv user wants for their entertainment. For example, you can set the second row tv to sat tv, and set the third row tv to dvd. Your manual you received with the vehicle explains how to do this. Once you have set the video sources for each tv, you have two headsets that you can then set to each listeners position. One the side of the headphones select either 1 or 2, this corresponds with which row the watcher/listener is in.