Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town Country Audio/Entertainment Systems/GPS

Comments

• howell727howell727 Member Posts: 1
    How did you fix this?? The same thing happened to me this morning!! How frustrating!!!
  • tiger3ptiger3p Member Posts: 30
    This is not covered by the warranty? I'm curious if this is covered by the lifetime B2B warranty that we purchased...
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    How did you fix this?? The same thing happened to me this morning!! How frustrating!!!

See if you're running the latest MyGIG application software and do an update if it isn't the most current. Some owners have said their no volume problem cleared up after they did this.

How to check your current version:

Menu > System Setup > System Information

MyGIG updates:

Unofficial MyGIG Information Site

Be sure and d/l the correct application update, depending on if you have nav or not. RER is for MyGIG with nav; REN is for MyGIG without. There should be a tiny 3-letter code on the front of your MyGIG, near the bottom right corner.
  • hammondbhammondb Member Posts: 3
    Did you ever find a solution for this? Mine has been stuck updating channels on the rear VES for many weeks. I downloaded and ran the latest MyGig update software today, but it didn't help.

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan REN
  • claskeyclaskey Member Posts: 3
    Hmmm...I hope this response gets to everyone of you who I received an email from asking me had we solved this problem yet. While on our vacation I was shared our challenge with my nephew who kinda has a thing for everything automobile related. He suggested that we unplug the battery completely for a while and then plug it back up to assure that the electrical system is being reset (vs just turning off the engine and opening the door like the uconnect reps told us to do which resulted in NOTHING :mad: . Anyway we finally did this on yesterday and IT WORKED :blush: !!!! We only had the battery totally disconnected for a few minutes and when we hooked it back up we had SOUND again AND the uconnect service started up again. Boy are we thrilled that we didn't take it in and get charged hundreds of dollars for a technician to do the same thing :)!! This may not work for everyone but thought I'd share anyway. It's certainly worth trying!!! ;)
  • deirdrefdeirdref Member Posts: 9
    No I haven't. I kind of forgot about it but just went out and tried it and it still says updating channels. I didn't find any solutions online. Guess I'll call the dealership when I get a chance.

We did also have the no volume issue once but turned the van off then back on and it worked ok.
  • davidinarkdavidinark Member Posts: 1
    This worked perfectly! I went out to my wife's van, popped the hood, and disconnected both terminals from the battery. I waited only a minute or two max, and rehooked everything. When I turned on the van, I set the front to FM then got in the back of the van. The screen said "updating channels." I thought, "Great..." But, I waited patiently (not something I usually do), and after a few moments, the SAT came up in back! AWESOME!! Thank you (and my wife thanks you!) for this tip! I should have followed my own advice: When all else fails, pull the plug and reboot. I just never thought I'd be doing that with a VEHICLE! then again, I also updated the MyGig with a CD, too... Bet our grandparents would never have seen that coming!
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to call my dealership, too. If they have a solution, I will post it.
    Update on the Updating Channels forever problem: I did not want to call the dealership and I did not want to undo the battery cables myself, so I tried taking out the fuse (M10 in my vehicle) for about 5 minutes (I put both rear VES channels on FM radio first), and that worked! After I replaced the fuse and started the vehicle, the "Updating Channels" message was gone and the Sirius satellite radio was working again.
  • ralf8ralf8 Member Posts: 1
    DOES ANY ONE HERE KNOWS HOW CAN I MAKE MY FRONT TV SCREEN PLAY MOVIES WHILE I AM DRIVING?....IF I PLAY A MOVIE ONLY THE BACKS SEATS CAN SEE IT BUT HOW CAN I MAKE IT WORK FOR THE FRON TV SCREEN?.------IT'S A TOWN AND COUNTRY 2008 thanks for the help guys....
    DOES ANY ONE HERE KNOWS HOW CAN I MAKE MY FRONT TV SCREEN PLAY MOVIES WHILE I AM DRIVING?

Chrysler requires the front seat DVD video to be disabled while in motion, although you can still hear the audio.

Some versions of the MyGIG application software have a bug that will let you temporarily override that restriction with the right combination of button presses. I believe there is at least one YouTube video on how to do it if you do a Google search.

There are also aftermarket plug-in modules for sale that will override the in-motion block. Two popular ones are called ALLGIG, sold by NAV-TV, and Lockpick, sold by Coastaletech.

I have the Lockpick in my Chrysler vehicle, although if I had to do it over again I'd probably go with the ALLGIG. They have much better customer service and you do not have to purchase an entire new unit when the company comes out with an upgrade to the existing product. The ALLGIG can be upgraded via a USB flash drive. Both the ALLGIG and Lockpick are about the same price.
  • garyintexasgaryintexas Member Posts: 4
    I installed the Chrysler DVD player in our van however I cannot update the parental settings. It will not allow me to change the password without the old password. This is a new system and Chrysler, my dealer nor any other dealer I have called can help me with this. They say it shouldn't have a password at all. How do I get around it or defeat the password?

Garyintexas
  • jayd410jayd410 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to replaced radio on 2005 Caravan, like to keep my screen Can anyone tell me how I can change out the original factory CD/tape player and upgrade to a CD/DVD/MP3 satellite radio-ready in dash deck. Like to keep my overhead screen anyone know how to installe my new CD/DVD with the factory overhead scereen?
  • simplelxsimplelx Member Posts: 3
    What is the best affordable after market DVD system. I talked to a dealer and he said that a roof mounted unit would not be a good idea because of the weight. I'm considering a headrest type system with 2 players(middle and back) with wireless headphones. any suggestions?
  • wpark3wpark3 Member Posts: 4
    I've been having problems with my sirius tv for the past few weeks. At first, it said it was updating channels. I brought my car to the dealership who replaced the whole radio. I now get a screen that says to call sirius. I've spent countless hours on the phone with sirius and at the dealership trying to fix the problem. I read somewhere on this forum to unplug the battery which the dealership did for me- no fix. Sirius said to unplug the tuner- no fix. Now Sirius is saying that it is a Chrysler problem. My radio and sirius traffic are perfectly fine- it's only the tv. Does anyone have the same problem and are there any more things to try to fix this problem? Thanks.
    Simplex there are no roof mounted DVD players anywhere for your T&C. As far as the weight of one if you were to mount one on your roof you'd be fine because the roof is rated at 100 lbs. I installed the Chrysler factory DVD in my T&C on the ceiling of the van and it went in just fine, weighs about oh 11-15 lbs and works great. I can send you pics if you like.

Gary
  • bgowensbgowens Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to replace my 6 disc CD/DVD changer with the same model number. P05094033AA. So far I have gotten two from ebay. They both do the same thing when installed. The lights flash and I get an Error message on my stereo display screen. Any ideas? My old one worked fine until we got a DVD jammed in there and broke it.
  • frapisfrapis Member Posts: 1
    I just recently bought a 2006 Chrysler T&C that has the 6 disc CD/DVD player without the optional rear screen. Can someone point me to where I may be able to find the rear screen & cables that will connect from player to screen. Also I understand there is a wireless headphone option too. Any info on where to get this will be helpful. Thanks
  • jonpro122jonpro122 Member Posts: 1
    please send me pic. i wanna see it look like. thanks
    I'm not sure how to post a pic here but I will try in the morning. If you don't see it by Monday then you'll have to e-mail me for the pics. garyintexas@usa.com
  • NTC3NTC3 Member Posts: 1
    I have the 2 screen/dvd players in my car with the sat tv.Am I able to play 2 differant dvds at the same time? If so how is it done.I know I can have sat tv on 1 screen and DVD on another.Thanks in advance.
  • jhdoublinjhdoublin Member Posts: 1
    My son won't wear the headphones (toddler) with the dvd, so the only way he can listen is with the radio speakers. Is there a way to plug an external speaker into the Aux. jack so that he can listen to it in the back while I listen to the radio in the front?
  • statecatstatecat Member Posts: 10
    We just bought a 2007 T&C with the 6 disc DVD changer.

Can you listen to the DVD player on headphones and listen to the radio on the speakers?

According to the manual, you have to use the remote to turn on the headphone audio. Unfortunately we didnt get a remote, a problem I will be taking up with the dealer.

Thanks for any help.
  • claskeyclaskey Member Posts: 3
    We have a 2005 T&C and yes we could listen to the radio while the children wore the head phones and watched a dvd. Of course that is when the head phones were working (YIKES - they work intermittenly now). However, when they do work it does require using the remote!
  • statecatstatecat Member Posts: 10
    Thank you claskey.
  • bcole25bcole25 Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same question as frapis but I have a 2005, any suggestions? I need a factory screen and wiring harness. If getting a factory unit/harness is a pain, is there a unit that can be recommended that will fit with the overhead rail system? Thanks in advance for the help.
  • de8212de8212 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone renewed the sirius radio and tv after their year was up? Just curious how much it costs?

Also, is there a way to chage sources through the headunit (without the remote)? For example, when you want to change from a dvd to the TV you have to use the remote and be looking at the tv at the same time. Not easy (or safe) to do while driving. Seems like they would have a way to change it through the headunit.
    If I purchased one of the lockpick devices, can it be done through the headunit?
  • soundtech84soundtech84 Member Posts: 1
    For some reason, my audio will not play through our car radio. We do not have headphone jacks and cannot figure out how to reprogram the DVD player to transmit over the radio. We get picture just fine but cannot hear anything.
    Can someone give me the step by step instructions please.
    Which DVD player do you have? if it the OEM from Chrysler then there is a little box you're supposed to set to 88.3, then tune your radio to 88.3 you should hear the DVD just fine.

Gary
  • pbwgalionpbwgalion Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 SXT Special edition w/DVD package and the player is a seperate 6 disk changer, it will not change disks or eject disks, just says error and disk 6 light blinks. anyone else experience this and how is the fixed?
  • ronny38ronny38 Member Posts: 1
    I'm a German Soldier living in USA. I would like to buy a Town Country with DVD-System and take the car to Germany. My big problem is that I would like to use my German DVD's but that"s not gonna happen. The reason is the area code on the dvd. Question. Is the any software out there that I can use to make the dvd-system area code free. Thank for your help...

Ronny
    The reason is the area code on the dvd. Question. Is the any software out there that I can use to make the dvd-system area code free. Thank for your help...

Ronny, check your mailbox.
  • de8212de8212 Member Posts: 6
    Is there a way to connect an iphone up to the MyGig so that you can control the music through the factory radio?

I know there is an axillary port so I would think you could at least listen to the music through the factory speakers. Haven't tried that yet.
  • trooper_samtrooper_sam Member Posts: 3
    I have a '08 TnC with RER MyGig, but did not come with VES. I've obtained the full dual screen VES package new from a dealer, and had my local dealer install it today. However, they've been unable to make it work, and are somewhat flummoxed.

Does anybody have any experiences to share regarding this? Also, is Sirius TV something that can be added, or is that something that I'll just do without?
    Does anybody have any experiences to share regarding this?

I know there are aftermarket devices such as the ALLGIG-USB (do a Google search) that will enable the VES, so there should be a way for the dealer to do it. I'm sure they already tried the StarScan tool to see if there's some setting they have to turn on that enables the VES. It shouldn't be all that hard for them to get working.

On the Sirius TV it would probably cost a lot and I think another antenna has to be added but it can probably be done.

Check out the link below. It has a lot of excellent information on doing things with your MyGIG that you won't find in the owner's manual. There's also a very active MyGIG forum that might be able to help answer your questions.

Unofficial MyGIG Information Site
  • trooper_samtrooper_sam Member Posts: 3
    Update: The dealer was able to get the VES system working, and all is well. There was a minor hitch when they forgot to hook up the backup camera, but they took care of that this morning in less than an hour.

As for Sirius TV, I haven't been able to find whatever module Chrysler uses for it, and I'm not going with aftermarket, so we'll do fine without it.
  • dukester68dukester68 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same issue right now--the 6 disk DVD/CD player on my 2005 Chrysler T&C does not play or eject any dvd/cds--3 left lights and 3 right lights flash alternately--and when I select the dvd/cd player mode I get an error message on the radio screen. When i select the eject button, all lights flash simultaneously but hitting any of the buttons to eject a cd has no effect and shortly after it reverts to the alternating flashing of the 3 l and r lights. Does replacement of the player solve the pobllem?
  • bobw6bobw6 Member Posts: 1
    I'm using 08 Town&Country in the Europe too and seems I expects the same problem - DVD changer reads CDs well but when I put DVD, the "DISK ERROR" appears. Could it be caused by mentioned area code?

Bob
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    I think it could be. If you bought the DVD in the US and it's a relatively new release, then it might not play in a DVD player that was coded for Europe. The entertainment industry at work.
  • acpcsnacpcsn Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have the same dvd problem in my Chrysler T&C. Seem to be a common problem.

Has anybody been able to resolve it? I tried reseting the radio but it did not work.
  • timothyftimothyf Member Posts: 40
    Hi, I have a 2008 T&C Limited. Has any one figured out how to keep the system from forgetting my Sirius favorites list? You set it up, save it on the door, and couples times later it's dropped. Thanks, Tim
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    I know nothing about the MyGig system, but this sounds like a battery issue. There could be several items at play: First, if the system uses a separate battery to keep the memory stored, that battery likely is dead or low, meaning it is not doing an effective job of storing the memory when the vehicle is off (this would be similar to an alarm clock with battery backup). Second, it may be the vehicle's primary 12-volt battery. If the battery is somewhat low, the act of starting the vehicle may cause enough strain on the unit's resources to cause an interruption in the stored memory - I had this issue with an '07 Outback using the stock battery (a measly 260 CCA) when temperatures were -20 or colder. I fixed that problem on mine by replacing the battery with a quality unit with 680 CCA. Third, the memory system may employ a capacitor that maintains current to the memory while the vehicle is started, and this capacitor could be bad.

Again, I don't know anything about the MyGig system, but if the unit does store the the preferences, but then later "forgets" them, it is almost certainly an issue of power supply to the memory system.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • jiminsandiegojiminsandiego Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Hi all. My wife has a 2005 T/C with the Uconnect hands free (factory installed) and the dvd/6 disc changer. About 2-3 months ago the uconnect stopped working. It also will mute the radio like its supposed to, but then the radio comes back on. I took it to the dealer and he said it was the uconnect module that needs to be replaced and that the charge to replace it was $455.00. This is crazy!!!! I'm out of warranty and the extended warranty doesn't cover it. The part number on my uconnect module is 56040974AB, which I'm told by the dealer is an outdated version, the new version is 56040974AC. Which is the same price. Now I've searched and searched all over the internet trying to figure out how to get this thing fixed to no avail. I've tried the battery cable remove process and the door open/close process. Nothing works. My questions are this, (1) Does anybody know where I can purchase a good used one? (2) Does anybody have a list that the 56040974AB part number was installed in? (3) Does anybody know where I might be able to get mine repaired at?
  • jag25jag25 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, I pulled my unit out to inspect solider joints but found nothing.......HOW did you make out?

jason
    Hey Jason, Well so far I've found one company that you send it to with 239.00 and if they can, they'll repair it, if not they'll get another one for 339.00. I'm just not sure about just sending it to someone across the country with my money. Sounds too risky to me. My wife has just decided that we're just going to wait until the "December to remember" Lexus event and we're going to get rid of this van. Its been nothing but problems every since we've bought it. Have had it in for these issues:
    5 times for steering groan
    3 times for AC blowing hot, then cold, then hot again
    3 times for locks stopped working
    4 times for the front sway bar bushings
    3 times for a creaking noise in the rear when loaded

Its just been a pain in the [non-permissible content removed], so we're not bothering with the uconnect anymore and I'll be glad when its gone! Good luck on your search for a repair. Let me know if you find a repair.

Jim
  • eahoffmanneahoffmann Member Posts: 2
    To: dukester68
    Re: Your message #92 on Dec 22, 2009 (10:20 pm) >> 2005 Town & country 6 disc changer [dukester68]

I have a 2005 Town & Country and am experiencing the EXACT same problem that you have described. What did you end up doing?
    Thank you
  • jjwhit2jjwhit2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 dodge grand caravan with the 6 disc rear entertainment system. The other day i realized that the sound is playing fine but when the dvd begins the picture turns white....any ideas????
    Hey Dukester68, I haven't done anything yet. My wife is not happy with the fact that I want to get rid of her van, so looks like I'm stuck fixing it. I'm going to just get the part from the dealer that way I know its the latest part and it will be the correct one as well. I bought one on ebay from a guy that said his would work in the van, needless to say luckly I'm only out 10 bucks for that one. I cannot find one in the junk yard or online, everytime I google it, I just come up with the new MYGIG information. So I'm resolved they have me over a barrel this time.
  • abqedabqed Member Posts: 1
    Just to sympathize, my 2005 T/C with 105K has developed the same problem with UConnect not working (exact same system/setup), and the local Albuquerque dealership/repair has quoted me the exact same cost for replacement of the unit with no other option for repair. Please let us know if you go ahead with the dealer repair and it if it works and the price quoted remains in the that ballpark. BTW, it was an excellent, flawless, integrated system until it crashed.
  • robopolo1robopolo1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Minivan. The DVD Player quit working. It has no power. Does anyone no what fuse protects this? I looked in the fuse/relay box, but I cannot find any blown fuses. Is there a chance that the plug supplying power to the DVD player has come unplugged?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.