Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Haven't been to that one yet.

Just went to the one downtown last week, did one of the simulators with the kids. It was so-so.

I'd recommend the I Max film instead.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I haven't been there yet either, but Mod Bob recommends it highly (he loves just going to airports like Dulles and watching the planes land anyway, so he'd probably pay to park just to do that, lol).

Circuit City has the XM Roady/Roady2 Home Kit for ~$12 plus tax/shipping (may be able to pick it up in-store for free). Usual price is ~$30.

link
    I'm sure it would be easily worth the $12 parking fee. :shades:
    "Visit a participating dealership that night and enter in The New Chrysler Sweepstakes for
    a chance to win one of 15 new vehicles."

chryslerinfo, "New Chrysler Corporate Website" #5, 8 Aug 2007 1:47 pm
    Not a good sign, the site is slow and the link to the Premiere site isn't working. :D
    Inside Line (that's us!) is giving away a trip to Frankfurt to see the auto show and drive a Saturn Astra around for a few days. You have to write an essay to enter, and then you get to blog about your trip on Inside Line.

US residents, valid driver license, a clean driving record and a valid passport, and you have to be able to drive a stick.
    Audi Driving Experience Program

Limited US cities and dates. There's a free 2 hour program and an enthusiast's program for $595. That's a half day on the track with some pros.
    Free Teen Driving Book For Parents from MetLife. Outlines routine driving skills into lessons parents can teach their teen.

MetLife
    Bummer, nowhere close to DC. NY is the closest for me.

I would have only done the 2 hour deal, though. For $600 I want Bondurant or some indy school, not a school from a manufacturer.
    50% off All Rubber and Carpet Auto Floor Mats (on sale $3.99-$12.99 per set) at Sears stores Sat. 8/18 from 9 to 12 noon.

Mechanics gloves, 104PC Tool Set and electric blower (air dry your car after washing?) also on sale.

No link - details from a Fatwallet post. May want to call your local store first.
    More Free Chryslers on the Way - If You're a Trivia Buff

Regis & Kelly will give away 20 Chrysler minivans in 20 days on their TV talk show. (Photo courtesy of Chrysler)
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    $600 for two hours? HA!

A 3-day school at Summit Point costs that... or less. I think the 2 day schools at Pocono are $350 and it's $450 for a 2 day at Watkins Glen.

Lime Rock is $600 for 2 days...

www.bmwcca.org Join. You don't need to own a BMW, you DO need to own a car that's track-appropriate (No Fleetwood Broughams, SUVs, Pickups, etc. You need to have your car teched before the school.. so fresh pads and brake fluid and a suspension in good shape).

No convertibles either, unless they have roll bars. Loaner helmets exist but you really want your own.

Don't you have a Protege? That's fine for a driver's school.
    I think it was a 2 hour "intro" for free, and the driving course was a half day. So that's only ~$150 an hour. And they probably spring for lunch. :blush:

If they're smart, they'll surprise you with a $500 coupon towards a new Audi at the end of the school.
    Nope, a Miata and a minivan. No roll bar on the Miata so technically neither of my cars are appropriate for the track.

I could borrow the wife's wagon! :D
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    I think NASA or PDA will let Miatas on the track.. you have to sign a waiver tho.

And then there's always AutoXing.
    With 2 kids I haven't really had the time. It's a hobby that I can't (yet) enjoy with them. So I'm saving it for when they get a bit older and can enjoy it with me.
    9/22/07 - 9 am to noon - for all makes and models.

Child seat safety inspections
    Vehicle inspection (lights and horn kind of stuff)
    Participating VW dealers - see the link for any in your area.

Contest prize is a VW Passat 2.0T - 50 US states/DC, 21 yrs. old.

Safety Saturday (contest link is there)
    Try Again. No Starbucks card for you! :D
    Maybe it's something in my cache 'cause I'm floating in caffeine :shades: - try this link instead.
    The link worked, I meant that the results of my attempt to win a coffee resulted in the "Try Again" response from VW. :)
    lol, gotcha - that's what I get for reading posts with just two cuppa's in me.
    I'm a sucker for driving school contests (hate to see how I'd really do on the track :blush: ).

Here's one from Rockport Shoes for a Skip Barber two day pass plus air fare and lodging (and shoes!). Runner up gets a TomTom (and shoes!). 18 years old, 50 US states and DC.

Get Behind the Wheel with Rockport
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    ok, now Steve, this is one of those things that nobody else is interested in ... except me and you. So instead of posting this on the public forums for everyone to read, I'd like you to e-mail me similar sweeps personally from now on. K?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Ok, but if I email you the contest, and you win, you gotta send me in your place. :D
    uh sure sure. you got a deal!

sound of crossing fingers

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

You gotta watch, right? And call at a certain time?

That's lame. So to win this super-active-family vehicle you have to be a...couch potato! :D
    I haven't watched TV for 7 years now, so I didn't bother to drill down and read the rules. I get plenty of tatering sitting in front of my computer all day. :shades:
    Register, and then you can click around on the Offers link and get free samples of their Wash and Wax product or Glass Wipes or Cleaning Wipes (offers vary), and enter to win a Corvette.
    "The value of the school is a little like taking karate classes; if you practice these techniques before trouble hits you'll be prepared to defend yourself when the time comes."

Driving: Free Toyota Teen Driving School
    It's a big if but....Thule Rack Testing

Cars Needed - If you live in the Connecticut area and will allow Thule some time to test a rack on your car, Thule can provide you a free rack system. The free system would be based on our ability to fit your vehicle and may not immediately be available. This is available on a first come, first serve basis - below is a list of vehicles we are currently looking to fit -

2007 Nissan Altima
    2007 Chevy Aveo
    2007 Hyundai Elantra
    2007 Kia Optima
    2007 Kia Rondo
    2007 Mitsubishi Outlander w/o factory rack
    2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 4dr
    2007 Ford Edge

See the Thule web site for contact info.

There's no date on the web page but I think this is a current wish list.
    The real benefit of entering this contest may be the hope that Ford will send you an incentive for buying a Ford vehicle. So if you're in the market, it may be worth signing up for the updates ("We would like to provide you with the appropriate incentive information. How do you plan to obtain your next vehicle?")

Built Ford Tough BCS Sweeps US residents, 18 years, ends 1/21/08.
    "Due to the recent wildfires, ash and other particles in the air could impact your vehicle's engine air filter. To help, starting November 1, 2007 - November 30, 2007 GM Goodwrench will offer to residents of the eight affected southern California counties an engine air filter replacement free of charge on your GM car or truck.*

The offer is available at participating dealers only and to residents of the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Riverside and Imperial."

site with list of participating dealers

GM vehicles only - no fleet or commercial rigs.
    This member signed up for a Rogue brochure and got a $50 American Express gift card:

natatac, "2008 Nissan Rogue" #351, 8 Nov 2007 10:22 am

Junk mail pays. :shades:
    well.... got the brochure AND had to go to the dealer and test drive.

Good point - dealing with some salespeople at the dealers wouldn't be worth $50 to me. :D
    I gotta imagine salespeople hate those offers. Probably increases the rate of tire kickers by a wide margin.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Heck... that's what we do for fun.. :surprise:

$50 on top of it? Pure gravy..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Some of us found Edmunds looking to save money and figure out tricks like Blast Fax and email buying since we are loathe to visit dealers.

And some of y'all are charter members of Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous LOL.
    And some of y'all are charter members of Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

and a good reason why folks like that (including me) shouldn't be given incentive to visit dealer! ;b
    That's like paying an alcoholic to drink!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    That's like paying an alcoholic to drink!

Please post the info on that offer!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

;b

I just got an email from Pontiac offering "GET $2,500 CASH BACK ON ANY 2007 G6.*"

There's no limitation set forth on who can use the email offer, so I assume it's a widely available incentive. The * just says to buy before 11/19.
    True, but I'm sure they're rather have tire kicker traffic in the showroom vs. none at all.

The car market is slow because of the credit crunch, and some predict a dismal 2008 for car sales.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Most Blast Faxes end up where they belong. In the garbage.
    That's how I negotiated the price on my last new car. Worked great and I didn't waste a lot of time at the dealer. If the dealer isn't willing to put stuff in writing via fax or email, I'll shop somewhere else, even if it means shopping a different brand.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, I'll answer the Blast Faxers. I'll tell them once they get all of their numbers together to call me and let me know what they have.

A sutbbon person won't, but most people will and there aren't many numers I can't beat if I have to.

I would like to find out which website has that stupid form blast fax letter.
    To me using e-mail makes more sense nowadays.

Just get e-quotes and print them out. Also print out prices for local no-haggle dealers.

No more driving all around town to several different dealers.

Like isell mentioned, once you've done this research, you're bound to get the best deal.
    Just got a $25 offer to test drive a new Saturn. Not sure how I got on that mailing list, though we did test drive an Outlook last year.

I'll probably go try out a Vue Redline, I've been curious about those anyway.

The last generation had a good powertrain but the worst steering I think I've ever sampled (completely numb electric PS assist) and horrible seats as well. Let's see if they've addressed those 2 issues I had.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    You're probably referring to the one on fightingchance.com.