Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Noise at startup?

apalmaapalma Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Land Rover
I have a 2002 Disco II and when I start it up when cold, there is a noise like a pump comming from the glove box area... after 45 seconds or so it shuts off but it is loud and did not make this noise in the beginning... Any help appreciated..

Comments

• dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    Could it be an air compressor?

I've had a few vehicles do this, but only in the winter - it was the air suspension system charging up.. had to get the air pump serviced..

/DA
  • apalmaapalma Member Posts: 2
    I dont think it has that system.... I dont have the controls inside the car... is it standard on all discos? is it something that happens automaticly when I load up the car?
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    not 100% certain about that model rover, but my 2001 Pontiac had an air suspension system with no controls on it - it just auto-levelled the rear end (similar to the current Lexus model) when towing or with a lot of weight in the back.
  • tomy04tomy04 Member Posts: 6
    that sound maybe come from The secondary air injection (SAI) system. at the right side of engine.
This discussion has been closed.