Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Tribeca Owner Reports

ixxiixxi Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I'm a new Tribeca owner (new to me); 2006 black, 18k miles. Just wanted to introduce myself as someone who is really stoked about this ride.

I live in the Oregon, where about 2 out of every 3 cars in a Subie. Personally, I have *never* liked them even though its clear that many, many people find them appealing (especially here.) When it came time to replace my aging Toyota Landcruiser--and gas was hitting the $2.90 mark--the Tribeca was *the only* car/SUV on my radar. I am sure everything about it could be better to some degree, but I am really pleased with mine. And oddly enough, the top two things that are the coolest to me: the front view, and the rear view. Love it or hate it, it doesn't look like every other crossover on the road. And I for one LOVE that.

Is it true that Subaru is moving away from something as unique as this design? If so, that is sad; I mean, I guess it means our cars will remain as unique as they already are, but still, its a little sad on some level. This is my first Subaru and I've always appreciated the 'independence' with which it seemed like S drove into the market, even though their other cars/wagons have looked like plain Japanese/vanilla designs to me. The Tribeca stood out. And as my grandpa used to say, "When you ride on the horizon, be ready for someone to shoot at you."

For what its worth, thanks Subaru for my Tribeca. I know you can't make a market out of one person (or even a few thousand Tribeca buyers) but you did impress me; and I'll be the first to admit that ain't easy.

Cheers! a

Comments

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Glad you like it. Subaru never does too well with their out-there designs like the XT6 and SVX both of which were way ahead of their times...

-mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yep, and congrats by the way.

The Subaru XT was the first production car in the USA to have a coefficient of drag below 0.30 (it was 0.29). Basically it was an aerodynamic pioneer.

The SVX remains one of the few cars with a true canopy, in fact you can drive in a down pour with the windows open and not get the interior wet. A pioneer in ... hydrodynamics?

I guess the Tribeca is a pioneer in progressive style.

I like 'em and may pick up one just like yours, but I'm going to wait to see the 08 model in the flesh to measure up the improvements (?) they'll make.

Enjoy your Subie!

-juice
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Yeah- doesn't look like a Highlander or Pilot now, does it. They just look like boxes to me.
    And- as best as I can figure it out, the AWD system on the Subie is much better- as it can transfer 100% of the power to either axle.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    True, and that's a limitation even the Audi Q7 can't match. Audi uses a Torsen that limits the power split to 33/67 or 67/33. The bias ratio of the Torsen is just 2 to 1, is why.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.