Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Bluetooth Questions

Comments

• zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Ok, for those wondering which phones are good to go with the Infiniti, go to www.infiniti.com. Go to the Search portion at the upper right hand of the homepage. Type Bluetooth into it. You will get another page and among the links, click on the one which says Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Information. You will then get another page where you can select which Infiniti you have, year, whether it has nav or not, and select your phone manufacturer. It will show all phones which are compatible. If your phone is NOT listed, click on the link which shows phones currently being tested by Infiniti. You might see your phone there - the phone which I have is listed and hopefully it will pass at some point. Currently it does not. Hope this info helps.
    Z
  • blackmax1blackmax1 Member Posts: 3
    Followup--I was able to upload my entire blackberry 8830 address book to my G. Pity the address book is only available when the phone is linked to the car. It would be nice if the data took up residence inside the Infiniti independent of the phone. Still, the sound quality gremlins appear to have disappeared! I don't know how I ever lived without bluetooth--it should be mandatory in cars, like seatbelts. Break in period on the car is nearly over, but I'm cheating. The thing's lateral G sensor is amazing. It knows exactly when you're in the mood and revs up to meet you. I wish my... never mind.
  • frank8040frank8040 Member Posts: 11
    I have been looking at 2007 pre -owned G35s to buy. It seems that there is a lot of base models on the market. I wanted to know if I bought a base model w/o BT ,can the dealer install a factory Infiniti systems ?

Also, on the factory installed systems, does all the call info such as number, time of call etc.. get shown on the radio display unit?

thanks
  • g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    I don't understand why you need the NAV package in order to transfer your phonebook via bluetooth.

I only have the prem package so i have to use the voice command to enter in every single entry. Which is extremely annoying since you can only complete it via voiceactivation. It would be a lot easier to navigate through the center console and just speak the persons name you're enterting rather than completeing the whole task by voice.

Other than that I have no complaints with the bluetooth. I have a Sanyo M1 and it's been working perfectly. I just checked and there's no call waiting option which is annoying. But I can deal with that. Hopefull the person calling on the other line gets my voicemail and not a busy signal. I'll test that when I go home.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Anyone has luck with the Samsung Sync A707 pairing up with the 07 G35? I have successfully pair up the G with my Razor and incoming and outgoing call are flawless. But when I tried to pair the Samsung up with the G35, Samsung keep staying on searching for a new device and cannot find the G... Anyone has tips? The Sync is in the supported list in Infiniti site....
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Just figure it out.. I missing hit a button (duh). The phone pair up great with the G35 now. However, I cannot figure out how to transfer the phone bood to the G.. need to look at the A707 menu...
  • ruzz1141ruzz1141 Member Posts: 13
    Has anybody tried pairing up with an iPhone yet? Infiniti site states under testing.

Thanks
  • basonbason Member Posts: 5
    I purchaed an 07 G35 w/navigation. After much testing of phones, I convinced ATT to renew my contract with a Blackberry Curve. The phone is not on Infinit's list, but is completely compatible. I tested a friend's phone before making the switch from my Treo 680. I am able to make/receive calls as well as download the phonebook. I am so happy to have a compatible phone with my car. While the car is awesome to say the least, the phone compatibility is extra sweet.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I've spoken to people who have linked their iPhones with the 07 G.
    They said it works perfectly.
  • rkmcconnrkmcconn Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 G35 and a Palm 700p. Bluetooth worked great for a few months, but recently I have only been able to receive calls using the car handsfree buttons and speaker. When I try and make a call the call information is displayed on the screen of the car but it doesn't go over the speaker. It seems like a phone setting issue but there aren't that many things to change.

Any ideas? Of course no help from Palm or Sprint. Anything would be appreciated.
  • nbauer70nbauer70 Member Posts: 2
    I have an '06 G35X and have a blackberry for work and a Razr2 for personal. I can pair both but only one works at a time. If I get a call on the blackberry and the Razr is set as #1, the blackberry does not work via bluetooth. Anyone have the same problem or know of a fix?
  • samtutsamtut Member Posts: 10
    One possible fix: Cancel your Razr2 contract and run all calls through your BB.
    It is possible to pair multiple phones, so user1 with keyfob1 can pair up, and then when user2 with keyfob2 gets in and drives, their phonecan also pair up.

I do not think that it is possible to pair up to phones at the same time though. :(
  • nbauer70nbauer70 Member Posts: 2
    :) Thanks. I really can't use the work for personal and the BB does not have great sound. I do thank you guys for answering.
  • legendsgolferlegendsgolfer Member Posts: 13
    I am using a motorola MotoKrazer on our new '08 g35X we just picked up 3 weeks ago. We also just bought the phone and it is listed on the Infiniti bluetooth site as an approved phone for the 08 G35. It usually works flawlessly, but every once in a while the bluetooth will not connect when entering and starting the car. When this happens, the phone just keeps trying to connect every 10 seconds or so and then beeps. (the phone, not the car beeps) This continues until we shut the car off and restart. I wondered if anyone else has this problem and a possible fix. The problem seems intermitent and just happens once in a while.
    I personally have not seen that happen... sorry. :(
  • alex180alex180 Member Posts: 3
    The reason your palm 700p stopped working was because you applied the recent Palm update on your phone. Unfortunately I have a new HTC Touch Phone from Sprint that does not work at all with the g35 07, that being said I do not have my Palm available to tell you exactly what to do.

Somewhere under preferences (it is not in the bluetooth section), there is something referring to automatically picking up handsfree - you want to check this option and things will suddenly start working. Basically they made an enhancement to bluetooth and one of them was to ensure that if you connected to a bluetooth device it would stay connected unless manually ending the connection.

Here is another way to get it to work as well. Dial out on the phone, then push the Phone button in the Infiniti, it will switch over to your car speaker and you can dial outbound.

Alex
  • marchymarchy Member Posts: 3
    I just made a deal on 2008 G35x without Premium package. Two things I would like to add is Bluetooth connection and XM radio. Can I discuss with dealership to install it before I pick up the car or it is better to do it with a third party?
    Bluetooth is included in the Premium package and XM can be easily added as an individual option at the dealership.
    Bluetooth cannot be added individually, but if you go out and drop a few hundred on an aftermarket GPS unit, most now include Bluetooth for hands-free mobile calling.
    Just ordered a Palm Centro but wasn't sure if it's compatable with the bluetooth in my car. Anyone have any insight on this?

I'm assuming I'm SOL since the device is fairly new :(
    I checked the site and they said it's "in testing". Does this mean I would have to update my bluetooth software once it's approved?
  • shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    My Treo 650 works great, although I haven't tried copying the phonebook etc, but it syncs and receives/makes calls no problem. Hopefully the Centro will be compatible.

kc
  • silica1silica1 Member Posts: 23
    I haven't purchased a G35 yet but have a question. My phone has voice recognition which works well with my bluetooth headset for calling programmed numbers by name. I just push the button and get a voice prompt from my phone. Can the voice recognition in my phone be used in a G35 just like a headset or must you use the G35 voice response system to dial numbers? Basically, can the G35 behave as an oversized bluetooth headset?
    You can save voice tags in the G.
    Basically, you import your phone's address book into the G, and then record voicetags for each number.
    With a simple voice command, you can then have the car dial any of these numbers with one quick click of a steering wheel button, and a simple voice commnd.

Yes, the car is like one big bluetooth headset.... with wheels :D
    Thanks for your response, but I'm trying to determine if you can skip the G35 voicetags and just 'talk' straight to the phone through the G35 microphone/speakers. My Samsung i730 has a full Outlook synced list of contacts. The phone also has its own voice response which works well. I'm also not planning to get the nav package so the address book download feature would be missing (from what I understand). I would be happy with the voice response in my phone, and I don't need to record any voice tags with it.

Can I just push a button in the G35 and 'talk' to my phone without using the G35 voice tags? I can currently do it with a simple bluetooth headset.
    You would have to first make the call via the phone and then push the phone buttong to transfer it to the bluetooth of the car. I have a 2007, and as far as I know, what you are trying to do via the speakerphone in the car is not possible.
    Thanks for the response. It seems that the voice commands in the G35 are the only means to place a call short of picking up the phone. It's not a major issue since I have a short list of people to call. I would need to program the few numbers that I regularly use. It would just be nice if I realized that I needed to call for takeout or something that I wouldn't normally have programmed into the car. Since I sync the phone daily with Outlook, it has the latest numbers for everything that I need(hundreds of entries).
  • adamr001adamr001 Member Posts: 95
    You can access the downloaded phonebook (where you can store hundreds of entries), but only when the car is not in motion. So, as long as you're fast at the stop light... ;)

If you've got a WM5 phone you can download JETware (free to try, $ to buy) and download your entire phonebook at once into the download section. Without that, depending on your specific phone, you may not be able to get the entire phonebook in there.

Then you just copy your most frequent ones from the downloaded phonebook to the voicetag directory and viola done.
  • joemama7joemama7 Member Posts: 5
    How did you upload you blackberry address book to your vehicles bluetooth?
    I have a 2008 MB 320CDI and it is not discussed in the owners manual.
    Thanks.
  • kobayashikobayashi Member Posts: 50
    Even though the Motorola Q(M is listed as fully compatible with the 2008 G35, I am having an issue. The phone pairs just fine, but when first starting the car, it comes up showing the phone is connected as expected, but then when selecting Phone it shows a "call in progress" with the timer running from car start time. Hitting the Hang Up button does nothing right away and the system then goes into a suspended mode for about 15 seconds before then become fine. I have rebooted, re-paired and changed most options onthe phone a BT set-up on the car to no avail.

I have seem this symptom before on other boards but when I called Infinti's BT help line, they seemed mystified by the problem. Other than this initial connection issue each time the car is started, the phone works fine for calls, receiving calls and voice-activated dialing, etc. Just is a shame to have to start car, select Phone, hit Hang Up and then Back and wait 10-15 seconds for the system to activate.
  • strechmanstrechman Member Posts: 1
    Exact same issue here. Glad to know I'm not alone. The frustrating thing for me is not knowing who should be addressing the issue, Infiniti or Motorola?
    After another recent call to the Infiniti BT help desk, I finally got someone to admit that the issues I described is indeed a confirmed problem with the phone. He said that they have reported it to Infiniti and are awaiting a resolution. They took my phone and said they would contact me when they have a fix. Not holding my breath. They should update web site which says the phone is compatible until it is fixed. I suspect Motorola will say it is the auto makers issue and truth is, the BT does work with other devices just fine. I have wondered also if this is a WM6 issue which may also plague other phones running this newer mobile OS. It is obviously an initiation issue as all the functions after this initial connection problem each time the phone is recognized.

What I do now is turn the car on, see the "connected phone" message and then hit the hang up button on the steering wheel several times, then hit the back key above it on the wheel. A shame because everything else is nicely executed with the car and this ritual every time starting the car followed by 10-15 seconds of deadness before the radio/etc. comes back should be fixed.

Call the BT desk and press them...I will probably call every once in a while to keep them honest. Please post back here with any info.
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    I have a 2008 G35 and a Blackberry 8830. The phone paired immediately and was working perfectly for the first 2 weeks of ownership. Somehow the phone has disconnected with the car and I cannot get it re-paired. Basically, when I try to pair the phone, it goes through the entire connection process, but my phone shows the folllowing message after the connection: "Waiting for MY-CAR". Then nothing happens. Any ideas how to correct this?
  • adamr001adamr001 Member Posts: 95
    I'd start by removing it from the paired phones list in the car and trying to reestablish the pairing. I believe you can find the paired phone list in the "settings -> phone" menu when the car is running but not moving.
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
    I have a Q9C (Sprint) and the same issue as yours...everytime when I start the car the Phone is connected to the car... For 10 sec or so even the radio is muted..and I hit the hangup multiple times to disconnect the phone...I have no clue what it is..but once I disconnect the phone then everything is normal like nothing happened... have no idea... :confuse:
    The Motorola Q9M was removed from the Infiniti BT web site for the symptoms I reported earlier. Infiniti offered to pay for my phone. It now sounds like the Q9C must also suffer from the same problem based on your symptoms. I would contact the Infiniti BT helpdesk and complain - then ask for customer relations. The Q9C is still on the Infiniti compatible web site as of today.

Based on your experience, I would say Motorola has BT problems as part of their WM6 based phones, but they will probably not make a change due unless this issue is widespread. As much as I hate to do the work around (phone, hang up, back), I still do it and will probably look into a Blackberry Curve when it comes to Verizon next month.

Let us know how it goes.
  • dhamredhamre Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering buying a used 2007 G35 sedan and I definitely want bluetooth. I've found some advertised that say they have navigation but not bluetooth. However, my understanding is that this car could not be ordered with navigation and not also have bluetooth.
    extensive web surfing has not given me a definite answer on this, would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer. I need to know because I've found a good deal on one with Nav, and I want to be sure it has bluetooth before I bid on it.

thanks for any help.
    yes that is correct, if there is nav there is bluetooth.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Bluetooth is part of the Premium package. I think you have to have premium package in order to have NAV but you can ask them if it has the Bose. If it has the Bose, it has the premium package.
  • jrt13jrt13 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, i have a 2006 g35 coupe, i am having problems with my bluetooth, it dont happen all the time, but sometimes, if i start the car or turn on bluetooth, the radio will lock up and say telephone, there is no way for it to release unless i shut the car off, or turn off the blue tooth on the phone, also some times it will say telephone but the call is still going through the handset. Infiniti has replaced the radio and the bluetooth parts, still no luck, its an intermittent problem so it dont do it for infiniti when they have the car, they are blaming the phone, i called tmobile and they sent me another Dash, same problems, now infiniti is telling me the phone isn't compatible, i think thats crap to be honest with you, anyone else have this problem or no of a fix?

thanks
    jeff
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Have you gone to the Infiniti website to check to see if your phone is compatible with your model car??? Not all BT capable phones are compatible. After I got my G35X I found my phone was not. Suggest you check.
    Z
  • jrt13jrt13 Member Posts: 2
    I did check its not, they dont have a big selection either :(
    I called the BT helpline and they are investigating the issue..I said it was listed as compatible on your website and my Moto Q9C doesn't work right..... they will be calling me monday to let me know what version of the Q9C they tested it with...
    Initially they are blaming the phone until I told them about the website...I will update you guys once I get some info :confuse:
    Well...As promised I got a call from Infiniti BT Helpline today and now they verified my Windows CE OS Version and said they tested with an older version which it is compatible with.. So other than that they didn't address my issue....said this version is not compatible with my G... :(
  • sm91sm91 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 g35 with navigation. I had problems with compatibility between my Moto Q9M and the car, and recently replaced that phone with the Moto Q9C. I'm having the problems that others here have described - when I start the car, the system locks up for 10-15 seconds, and the screen appears as if I'm in a call (I'm not).

This may sound crazy, and is only a theory, but hear me out. I'm not convinced this is a bluetooth problem - I think it is actually a problem relating to the "start-up" of the nav system.

My reasons include:

1. this afternoon, I turned the phone off before starting the car. I then started the car and let the nav system finished its "start-up" process. I then turned on the phone, and everything worked like a charm.
    2. from what I know, Bluetooth is designed simply to wirelessly connect 2 devices - this actually works fine once the inital problem goes away.
    3. when I start the car with the phone already turned on (and the last time the car was on I had the screen on a radio screen), I actually see the screen flash from the radio screen to the "follow these rules/hit enter" screen. This did not happen when I had the phone turned off and started the car.

I'm thinking about this because I want to make sure I contact the right part of Infiniti, and I don't think that's the Bluetooth helpdesk.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    I hope you are on to something, but am not optimistic based on my experiencs. I am currently living with the start up issue with my Q9M, since I do not want to change phones. I have seen times when the phone does connect correctly (even when already on), but have not figured out any any pattern to those are occasions. Other way to see if the issue is what you state is to find someone with a non-nav car and try it (maybe a dealer loaner). If you do solve the issue or have more data, please update here. The Infiniti BT desk will probably be of no help since they removed the phone from their web compatible list months ago.
    Well...you all know that I had issues with my Moto Q9c Sprint with my 07G...now finally I have some luck with my Moto Q9c sprint....
    I did the software upgrade from Motorola website which updated the Windows
    CE version from 6.0 to 6.1 I believe...Now everytime I start the car everything is just perfect the way it is supposed to be.... As most of you already figured it out this is a Windows mobile 6.0 issue rather than the car's.... Well now I'm a happy camper.... I suggest all of you who have a Windows CE 6.0 please upgrade to the next available version...this should solve many problems....and I can see even the phone
    was way faster than before when browsing on the Internet...:)
    Sounds like goods news...I unfortunately have a Verizon Q9m and it appears that they have not released the WM6.1 upgrade. Hope they will soon and I can quit having to hit "hang up" and "back" each time I start the car. Did the OS upgrade erase all of your phone content?
    I have finally gotten a Q9 to work with a 2008 G35 Sedan with Nav, a problem which has plagued me for a while. After recently upgrading my Verizon Q9M to the Q9C ROM with WM6.1, it still did not work (initial pairing okay, phone in call mode, hit hang up and then back). Noticed also that Infiniti also pulled the Q9C off the list, as it did with the QpM.

Found a registry hack that solved the problem. Requires using a registry tool and slightly risky changes, but worth it IMHO for the desperate. Here is the post, the instructions are in post #5.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9c/q9c-and-infiniti-g35x-bluetooth-probl- em-16833.html
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Starnge enough my Mot Q9C Sprint did not work with my 08 G35x with Nav. Every time you wwnt to dial it would blink and disapper from the g35 screen. I thought it was a bug, but going back into my screen the next day I had to confirm the mac address of my car was ok. There was no way I had that but just said yes to the hex code there and it now works fine without having to upgrade to 6.1