Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Power Window Problems

mark122mark122 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in Honda
The front passenger power window on my CRV wont go down. I've changed the motor; replaced the switched and it still wont work. Can anyone help?

Comments

• mark122mark122 Member Posts: 3
    The front passenger power window on my 2002 CRV wont work. I changed the motor and replaced the switch on the passenger door side and still nothing. Any suggestions?
  • crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    mark122 I can guess by your post that you have already spent time & money on new window motor & switch! You have broken the 1st rule of auto repair... "proper diagnosis". Assuming your new motor & switch are good your next move is wiring. Did you chk for a blown fuse?. You will want to also confirm that you have power & ground to the motor & switch. This can be easilly determined with a test light. Don't know your mechanical aptitude but if you find that it is a wiring issue you might want to consider some professional help... some things to look for are loose connenctions, broken wires (common place is between door & body where wiring come through into door) any wiring you find that is screwed to body these will be ground wires make sure they are tight. Just work backwards until you find the problem & correct. Good luck to you :)
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    Does the driver's master switch work on that window?
  • mark122mark122 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response. It turned out it was the master switch for the passenger window. I managed to pickup one from the scrapyard. Thanks again
  • charmdreamcharmdream Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Recently, my 2002 CR-V front left side power window stops working. I tried both the driver side control button and the button on the door. Just nothing happened. (no any motor noise) All other windows are ok. Actually, this happened in one trip on my way home one month ago. It was good at the beginning and became not working when I got home. I did nothing during the trip.

Could anybody tell me what's the possible reason? And how to check it?

Thanks
  • grampy1grampy1 Member Posts: 140
    This has been a problem with many the CR-V's. Th eonly fix is to replace the parts in the window. Can be very expensive depending on what needs to be replaced. My daughter got aprice of About $550 in the worst case.
    If your handy you can tackle it,otherwise,a dealer,or trusted mechanic.
  • elrod2elrod2 Member Posts: 1
    Window will "bind up", seemingly on the rubber molding (seal) around opening. Have replaced regulator twice. I have removed tint from glass in hopes of alleviating problem, to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem? Also is the door unit on the 4 door wagon different from the door on the 4 door sedan? This problem has me scratching my head! Thanks in advance.
  • doughertyndoughertyn Member Posts: 3
    today AAA replaced the battery and now my auto (fast down/up) does not work. I have to hold the button until the window is all the way down/up. Any ideas?
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "today AAA replaced the battery and now my auto (fast down/up) does not work. I have to hold the button until the window is all the way down/up. Any ideas?"

Check the owners manual, I think there is a procedure to program the auto window feature.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Check the owners manual ...

If she had an owner's manual she probably wouldn't be asking for help here.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    Not necessarily. Some people never read their manuals.
    I bought the 2003 Honda used in 2006 it did not have the owners maual. Can I find one online? Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Honda has free owners manuals online for models back to 1990.

How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online
    Thank you all so much, I ended up taking my car to the dealer. It was a simple procedure and they did not charge. Nancy
  • honda_lover1honda_lover1 Member Posts: 6
    the window will not go down there is no noise, as well as there is no continuity at the motor itself...does anyone have any ideas of how to get the window down without having the motor work, so we can take the motor out of the door without breaking the window or the track or anything...can someone help me I've looked in the manuals (shop manuals) and still cannot find out how to do it....PLS...TNX
  • seabeeedseabeeed Member Posts: 2
    Will a 05 master power window sw. fit a 02, ??
  • alex7003alex7003 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I need help with rear door power window. My left rear power window does not go down from the main switch, only goes up. All other modes Ok. I removed rear door switch, 3-4 and 2-5 connected with switch off (numbers on connector REF 22A-147 CR-V manual). With switch removed, at connector I measured 12.5V on yellow/red (1) to ground, and 12.5 V on brown (5) wire with main switch pushed down, and 12.5V to ground on blue/blk (3) with main switch up. Connected 3-4 terminals and 2-5 terminals on connector: window does not go neither up nor down from the main switch.
    Any suggestion what is going wrong?
    Can anyone help me out with trying to disassemble door on a crv 98. I have looked all through the manual but nothing is showing me how to disassemble the door. Now I have a motor for the door but I cannot get the motor out to replace it, HELP!
    does anyone know how to manually put down power windows? B/c my window is stuck up and motor quit...I need to get it down to fix the motor (replace it) can some one plz help me out?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    You need to purchase the Honda Shop manual. Order form is on the last page of the Owner's Manual or online
  • krista1krista1 Member Posts: 4
    Got into my 2004 CR-V and used the power switch to roll the window down, but it will not go back up. Still makes the noise so I don't think that it's a fuse, considering the other windows work and it rolled down but not up. ANYONE have the same or similar issues that can help!!
    Thanks
  • barryzbarryz Member Posts: 43
    1997 honda crv, driver window goes down ok, when tyring to raise it goes up a few inches and stops, motor noise stops. I have to lower it down again then as it raises up i have to pull window with hand as it starts to raise and keep force on it untill it is all the way up, motor noise can be heard as i force it up. I looked down into door and saw what looks like a drive chain on window, so i sprayed WD40 on chain, it did not make a difference. Is the motor on last leg? ZOr if i take door interior out is there any adjustment i can make?
  • sam187sam187 Member Posts: 1
    I can't answer your question but my 97 CR-V driver window is crapping out too. Same symptoms as yours but I think my case is a bit more advanced. Just recently, I am no longer able to manually assist the motored movement of the window. The window now seems as if it is no longer attached to the mechanism. If I grip the window on both interior and exterior, I can move the window up and down without activating the switch. If I activate the switch, I can hear the motor wind though, it just doesn't move anything. I'm considering trying to fix this myself by replacing the motor/regulator. My Honda dealer suggested that I might be looking at $700 max to repair the window - seems excessive. I'm not too mechanically oriented but I found a repair guide/instruction at about.com that gives me some hope that I could repair it myself for much less - the motor/regulator can be found for $100 or less. Here's the link to the repair guide, you might consider it too.
    http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl830i.htm
  • dsfiudodsfiudo Member Posts: 1
    Have a CR-V with power windows. Driver side window does not go up or down. It's in the closed position now. The other three windows work and can be opened and closed by the driver slso.
  • suhadisuhadi Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with my driver side power window of CR-V 2007 & 2010. If I open the window glass when it is wet, it cannot go up completely. The window glass will go up & down repeatly ended with half or less open. Honda service explained that it caused by dirty window frame then they cleaned up. Though it does not work. Can somebody help? Thanks
  • kensankensan Member Posts: 2
    I to own a 1997 crv I,ve discovered that there is a problem where the wiring plugs into the door The wires have been scored when they were inserted and crimped to the pins of the plug.My vech. had 5 broken wires and while repairing 3 more broke this means that some of these wiresprobably had only afew strands that were connected which would severely limit power available for window motors power locks causeing them to stall under load.I removed the door by removing the door hinge bolts (they are not adjustable at this point so no need to mark etc. )I unplugged the wiring from the door and spliced soldered &shrink tubed each wire and secured them and reinstalled the door no more prob.Prior to this i had power lock & alarm issues too
  • kensankensan Member Posts: 2
    You need to remove the panel on the inside of the door .Take the screws in the armrest out ,also the screw inside the door handle ,remove speakergrill it prys off undue screws holding speakerin ,carefully pry the panel off at the bottom and sides.Lift it to remove it under window,carefuly unplug the wiring ,stip the plastic sheet off you can now undue the 10mm bolts that hold s the window mechanism in the door unbolt the window from the mechanism remove the motor and mechanicals repair and reinstall see my earlyer post re: broken wires at main plug to the door
  • silvergrasssilvergrass Member Posts: 1
    How can I access to the bolt holding the glass and regulator it is stuck up in close position. There is no hole alloted to unbolt it. The only access was at lower/open position. I can not move or push the window down manually. Any suggestion please.
  • kadingkading Member Posts: 7
    If it's not too late for you, I just finished replacing the regulator on a 97 CRV yesterday. The motor had died and the glass was stuck in the fully raised position. You'll have to remove all the bolts holding the regulator to the door (6 of them). Best to be a two man job with one holding the glass from above just for safety so the glass doesn't drop suddenly. Once the regulator is unbolted move the entire assembly downwards gently. The two bolts attaching the glass to the regulator will be exposed through the cut-outs on the door frame. You may have to rotate the glass forward to a 45 degree angle to get it low enough to expose the bolts.

Good luck!
  • bakowskibakowski Member Posts: 1
    I have same problem as well when open my door it works when close doesn,t work just roles down not up
  • js_6812js_6812 Member Posts: 1

I have an 06 CRV with an issue similar, but not the same as some others here. From the driver’s seat the master power window switch won’t move the front passenger window up or down. It will control the other windows. Also note that from the front passenger seat the window can be controlled.

I’ve had the master power window switch replace per recall by a dealer. Still the right front window won’t go up or down from driver seat, but it will go up and down from the passenger seat.

So it’s not the switch and not the window motor. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• batangsampalocbatangsampaloc Member Posts: 2

What are the common problem if the battery installed wrong way? Negative to positive and positive to negative.