Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tredferntredfern Member Posts: 20
    British Rover,
    Thanks for the answers....they did not make that clear at all on the incentive listing, "combined with" you could take that several ways I guess, but it did not say choose one or the other...thanks for explaining that.
    Glad to hear you can get the Satellite radio on HSE without the whole tech pkg.
    Don't think I would use navigation... so I guess I could save the money , not getting the tech pkg & still get the Siruis....
    my other question was, I assumed I will be able to get a better deal on the SE now that it is discontinued, etc., but finding this out about the $3000 cash, & the satellite radio, maybe I should go with the HSE...?
    The other question is, if I don't buy from the closest dealer & then I go to them for service will they not give me a loaner car if I need one? I live a long way from any dealer... Thank You.
  • roveretteroverette Member Posts: 6
    Just got my LR2 yesterday. It's an SE with the tech package and lighting package. It stickered for 39250. they gave me 6k off of the sticker. I got it for 33250 plus the destination ($700) and the dealer fee ($499) and tax. So it was 34450 plus sales tax, which I got a really nice break on the tax due to my trade in - in florida you get tax credit from the last car that you paid tax on. . It's red with black interior. sweet!! :)
  • yed19yed19 Member Posts: 15
    We just reserved a LR2 HSE (Stornoway Grey with Ebony leather with all three packages (tech, CC, Lighting) with a MSRP of 41400. After being told we cannot get the X-pricing on it, we were considering getting the SE instead, but the dealer threw in a $500 discount. We will be getting the 4.9% through LRCG as well...

They also said that they will give us a "deal" on the Racks and other accessories that we want.

Anyone have any experience with the Ipod connectivity module? Can the module connect to a zune (i understand it probably can't, but was just wondering if it has the ability to or not)?
  • carexpert08carexpert08 Member Posts: 49
    i am looking into purchasing a brand new 2008 lr2 se with cold package i got quoted $29550. first of i dont know if this is a good deal and second are there any coupons for 1500.

any response would be apreciated.
    thanks
    Great deal considering the invoice is more than that (30K or so, i think). They could be trying to get rid of the SE trims for some reason... not sure.
    whats the mileage? showroom model?

Usually when someone gives you a car for under invoice.. there is an issue somewhere... My first question is it new and have the warranty and everything.. if not, might as well shell out the extra money for a new SE @ around 33k or so. I would be skeptical to say the least.

LR dealers don;t haggle that much either which makes it even more intereting
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Its probably a service loaner with a few thousand miles on it but even for a service loaner that is a bit cheap.
  • lr2shopperlr2shopper Member Posts: 3
    Just got quoted for a new LR2 SE with all three options for 33,950 which include all fees. Just had to add tax and document fees $169. Not a bad deal. Not a demo either. Could not get the 4.9% though.
  • muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Can I ask you what state you got the quote from? Also, did you actually sit down with the dealer, actually see the car, and have an official document describing all costs ready to buy? The reason I ask is because that price is 6K below the actual cost of the car and in NY there is no way to actually get that price on a brand new 0 milage car.
  • lr2shopperlr2shopper Member Posts: 3
    Got the quote in NJ. Went to dealer for test drive. Car I got the offer for was on the lot. I made sure it wasn't a loaner with only 14 or so miles on it. Seemed like they really wanted to get rid of the SE's. Seemed to me like there are going to be other incentives coming out at end of the month.
    Jersey explains everything. The dealers down there will sell cars for a loss just to meet volume objectives and count on the service drive to make money.
    Thanks. I don't know if it's true that you get better deals in NJ but any dealer in NJ that's next to Westchester NY or other high priced areas in NY does not discount that I've seen. Land Rover dealers in my area and next to my area, like Paramus, charge the most and don't seem motivated to sell, in fact they all act like there are plenty of buyers and the cars sell themselves; I've never seen a discount or an incentive that really means anything. I'm a returning LR customer but when I walked from a deal on a LR2 SE because they wouldn't discount it for me, they called me back, but only to see if I changed my mind, not to offer me a lower price.
    This all makes me want to start shopping by internet only. Anybody know if there are true discounts on LR2's over the internet?
    Whoa Paramus not whoring out cars??? That doesn't sound right. They blow us out of the water every chance they get. They are the largest dealer in the country by both sales volume and service volume.
    Really? Does that mean you know for a fact that dealers in Paramus sell LR2's at a significant discount over dealers in NY?

Just a funny note: When the LR2 came out last year and the price was a lot higher than the former Freelander (esp. the lease) I was really turned off to Land Rover so I went to look at the new Hummer H3; I went to Paramus because the only Hummer dealer in my area in NY was low on H3's and their lease price was horrible (they wanted 660/month for a 34,000 H3). Paramus was the same thing and the trip was a waste of time; they all acted like they were doing you a favor and the car was so "hot hot" that you would be lucky to get one. That's such a lame salesman ploy, don't you think? The thing is, I remember calling first to get "a feel" for Paramus dealers; they told me nothing on the phone but when I got there they told me everything I didn't want to hear: "the car was hot, hard to get, high lease price, blah blah blah. Come to think of it, I hate Paramus, lousy traffic too. I remember one guy there who introduced me to the boss after I told him his prices were simply too high. The "boss" shook my hand and then said: "But you really want the car, don't you?" I don't know, maybe that's how they have their fun. This year the prices of the H3 are much, much lower and the lease price is half of what it was, but I did finally drive it and it really sucks. Oh well.
    actually the car is BRAND NEW and the dealer emailed me the final price of $29000
    the dealer is Paul Miller in NEw Jersey.

i think this is an amazing price...and what do you guys think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I think it will only be amazing, once you take delivery at that price.. :)

I hope it's accurate, but e-mail quotes tend to change... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

There is something wrong with that price. Hidden costs once you sign maybe; something like that. Be careful.
    i am not worried about hidden costs sicne my father leased a LR3 2007 se v8 fully loaded in beginning of septemeber from this dealership they honor their emails and there are no hidden costs...no one still answered my questions about coupons
    does anyone know if there are any coupons for 2008 cars like there were for 2007?????
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    Only "coupons" are sent to special groups - CEOs etc. and are not transferable. As for your deal, that is about invoice on a bare bones car (no CCP, LTG, or TEC). It may be one of the special punched service loaners that would give them a small profit.
    I think the guy is saying this deal is for a loaded 08 SE with all options and the car has zero miles (brand new, not a loaner or dealer car), no gimmicks, for 29,000. Could you tell me the name of the dealership so I can call them and buy one, because this price is unbelievable. The only explanation is that the LR US dealers actually get their cars from LR for about 25,000 and the dealer who is selling it to you is only making 4,000 where he would normally make about 14,000 per car. You think that's believable? Who knows, maybe they get them for 19,950 and sell them for 39,950 to a bunch of gulible Americans who think driving a LR ( well, rebadged Freelander) makes them feel special. I've heard of stranger things, who knows.
    Rebadged Freelander is a misnomer - it is a completely different car - not 1 interchangeable part. If those invoice numbers you (in jest) threw out were true I would have retired a long time ago. I think he is blowing smoke. Did you ever hear anyone actually say they got a bad deal?
    Yeah, I know it's not a Freelander, I was kind of alluding to the fact that it supposedly "replaced" the Freelander, which would lead one to believe that it is an "economical" entry level car, and clearly it is not. However, if it was for sale at 29,000, as the poster claims, then I would dare say, it actually is "economical". But you and I both know no LR dealer in his right mind is going to sell a loaded SE to anyone for 29,000. Why? Because he doesn't have to, there are just too many people who will gladly pay 39,950. besides, a dealer would sell it to himslef and then sell it on the weekend to his brother in law and make a tidy profit. When was the last time you heard of a dealer who wasn't interested in maximum profits? When was the last time hell froze over?
    exactly
    Well if you think about what was optional on the freelander or just plain not available vs what is standard on the LR2 then the pricing makes sense. A loaded freelander in 2005 had a MSRP of a little over 30,000 but didn't even include power seats.

It didn't have park distance control either and the sun roof was tiny. Even if you ignore all the other improvements the LR2 brough a 5,000 dollar price increase over a two and a half year time span isn't so out of the ordinary.
  • eusshkreusshkr Member Posts: 25
    I just checked the dealer's website and they have an advertisement for a Loaner with 5K miles for $27900. If you are getting a brand new one for $29000...its a great deal. May be i can fly into jersey, buy and drive it back home to TX. Good Luck!
  • tredferntredfern Member Posts: 20
    Wondering if there are any white HSE's out there, know there is no whistler white in HSE...
    Can you find one without the tech, & cold pack., with only lighting & sirius satellite or would that have to be ordered?
    How much will they come off MSRP? I know they say they sell for sticker price...
    Noticed on Edmunds it is still not updated, you can only look up one style, the SE is the only one available, they still have not put HSE invoice price, etc....
    thanks.
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    I contacted Edmunds a few days ago regarding updating the info for the HSE model and was advised via E-mail that it will be available on the site 12/06/07. Perhaps Lrguy44 or British Rover can assist you with you're other question regarding obtaining a lower than MSRP price?
    Heard from Land Rover direct today that the SE is a phase out, not to return. HSE's only from now on. Get a deal on the lot with an SE now or it's back to super high lease prices on the HSE.
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    my dealer said the SE is staying, they are only ramping up HSE production right now - both trims to stay - just like you can get an SE and HSE LR3.
    I have to agree with Muddy on this 08LR3...

Why would a company from a business standpoint sell an SE version and an HSE version with so little difference? We are talking about little things that were fixed on the SE that they now call a HSE. I seriously doubt they keep producing a SE version as is.

A more likely scenario (again, no facts or anything to back this up) is that they change the SE/HSE version next year to be a little more different different from a engine/transmission standpoint and they start selling from there.

$10 bucks says they offer a engine with a little more Horsepower by way of a supercharger or turbo or something in the new 09' HSE.. but then again... no facts tu support any of this. Just makes more business sense.

There is a reason they are giving deals on the SE versions and not the HSE version currently (having just got a new and improved HSE.. first Loaded Stornoway Grey in Seattle area). They are definately trying to get rid of the SE's... Would a dealer state that though... no way. Mine didn't.
    That's what they were saying, but it's not the case now. My dealer said it was staying, now he's saying it's definitely not coming back. Current lease deals on remaining SE's will not apply in anyway to HSE.
    No SE - No change to drive train on HSE. The HSE was done partly in response to owner comments on needing a rear spoiler, center console, and to break Bluetooth and Sirius Radio a a separate option outside the TEC package. Now is the time to buy a SE with the factory support - but not that many are left and most of them are service loaners.
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    "not that many are left and most of them are service loaners."

Local LR dealer in Sacramento has 12 SEs left.
    I have 4 new and 6 service loaners left. It makes it hard to satisfy equipment and color choices.
    I have one new SE and most of our service loaners are sold before they come out of service.

I don't have any service loaners available for sale right now and two of the five loaners currently in use are sold.
    So here's a funny story... a good one though...

So we knew what we wnated and put money down to hold a storoway grey with ebony and all packages that came in yesterday. We were told we can;t get the X-price on it as it was an HSE and they just came out (kinda made sense). Then two days ago, right before the car is to be delivered, we get an email from the dealer with an add for a special offer for residents in our area... 1% over invoice that starts today and ends in a few days (end of the month sale, maybe).

I called and verified that we can take advantage of it.

So now, we are going in tonight to pick up the car with racks, rear mat, flaps installed for about 3k or so less than we thought yesterday...

In the add, they are selling LR2 demos for 5k off and LR3 demos for 10k off.

Seattle Land Rover... Anyone interested and live in Snoho, take a look... I think that this deal is only good for local residents though... that wierd "rule" about buying in your area.
  • thedude6thedude6 Member Posts: 2
    I'm close to purchasing an LR2 HSE and am researching to see if I can find a better price. It's fully loaded and the dealer is offering 1k off and 4.9% financing. Based off your experience do I have room to negotiate or is this a fair deal?

Thanks
    In my neck of the woods that is a good deal.
  • jax10jax10 Member Posts: 36
    Hi,
    Would you mind posting all the exact details on your deal; fees, extras & total price on the HSE? Racks, what? a luggage rack?
    1% over invoice, good for you, Don't think they will ever have any deal like that in Texas. I am thinking about a white HSE, but don't know what luck I will have on getting a good deal here, maybe I should just wait a while, til after the 1st of the year?? Thank you.
  • moremoremoremoremoremore Member Posts: 11
    I'm PISSED. Not that I expect the salesguy to be totally forthcoming, but I"m sitting there for 1/2 hour with the SRE booklet in my hands and we're looking at the SEs and he mentions....in passing as I leave....that "Oh, the SREs have a spoiler and, uh, matching side trim for like $80 bucks more a month"....Not having a clue at the time, and now having done my research, I feel the SEs will absolutely be phased out and the SRE is a product correction. I don't think I'm getting this car after reviews I've read and I quote on the Volvo XC90 SUV for only $50 more a month....
    The differences between the SE and the HSE (not SRE) are cosmetic to bring the car more upscale. The drivetrain, safety features etc. are the same in both cars. The SE is phased out (no more production) but is priced to be an excellent value. We are still selling many more SEs than HSEs because of the price point.
    Just got it last night...

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE - Stornoway Grey with Ebony
    All three packages (lighting, Tech, and Cold-limate)

MSRP was 41,400

Car price was
    38,625 + taxes (WA taxes are 8.9%, I think), Destination ($625)
    4.9% financing through Land Rover Capital

They are having a awesome deal on LR2s right now 9as well as LR3s and non-supercharged range rovers (sport or not) and jaguars (1% over invoice on all) for the next few days. you have to be a resident in the area though, I think.

Accesories were extra on top of that price... Ski Rack, Rear compartment mat, mudflaps, 3M chip protection, and resist-all were all our add ons.

We are leaving on a trip over the mountains today so we are pumped to see what she can do...

I would definately recommend Seattle Land Rover (in lynnwood). Good people.

Although they didn't let my wife keep the bow that was on it when we got there. She was a little upset about that. :)
    Congratulations,

Thanks for posting the details.
    I have been thinking about the LR2 for quite a while. Just worried about reliability & living 5 hour (round trip) from closest dealer.
    Don't think I can get that good of a deal here.

Please keep posting about your experience with your new HSE.

I would have wanted the bow too!
    Have a safe trip.
    Thanks, Janie
    Well another selling point fo rus is that we literally drive by the dealership every day. It is less than a mile away.

They actually told us we can stop in and have the car washed whenever... not sure they thought about that comment before saying it.

The only issue we have had thus far (~12 miles in) is that the new ski racks whistle when you drive the car. I will be removing them before our trip. Not sure how to fix it though... any ideas?
  • nated86nated86 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I had the roof rails and crossbars put on my lr2 hse and have noticed some wind noise. I haven't put on the ski racks, but can imagine a fair amount more noise. I doubt there's a way to fix it unless Thule comes out with a front wind deflector. If its not too difficult I'll probably just remove the crossbars inbetween snow trips. Do you if the crossbars are easy to remove?
  • dubrozdubroz Member Posts: 5
    1st time owner, upgrading form a Jeep. Just paid for my new 2008 LR2 on Friday ... BRAND NEW ... Tambora flame metallic with 11 miles on odometer.

MSRP: 34,700
    (no options)

Paid:$28941
    Tax: $1447
    Doc Fees: $250
    Total out the door: $ $30,637

Anyone want to buy a 2000 Jeep cherokee with low miles? :)

Very happy with this car, excatly what I wanted.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Member Posts: 490
    Hey, that looks like a great deal! Congrats.
    So I think I may have a solution for the whistling...

When we got the car there were these rubber things that came with the car and I wasn;t sure what they were. I figured it out though... They go in the track of the cross bar where the ski rack attachments slide into. I am not sure if you can cut them and place the pieces to fit into the track with the ski rack brackets or what but I may try to do that in the near future (when we evenatually go up skiing.

The rover had an awesome road test going through the recent feet of snow in the passes this last weekend. The tires never slipped once! Had the snow setting on just incase as we were driving over snow and ice for the majority of the 4 hour trip.

we got about 19.3 MPG... I wonder if any of that had to do with the snow...
    LR2 HSE lighting & Sirius only....no tech or CC ..... quoted $36,200.??
    Want to buy, but want best price I can get, should I be patient & wait til after 1st of year at least?
    Not as good as some people who got one for 1% over invoice...
    What do you all think?
    Thanks.
    As far as we know, there will be no incentives 1st qtr. Deals are on SEs
    On HSE: one dealer says MSRP, but another comes down $1800 off MSRP??
This discussion has been closed.