Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    A deal may vary from dealer to dealer based on local demand and his inventory - basically, if you have two cars, yuo do not give them away, if you have 200, you work deals.
  • yed19yed19 Member Posts: 15
    Exactly... When the dealer offered the 1% over invoice, they had roughly 30 LR2s. Of which 14 or so were HSEs. So you can figure that they may have needed to move inventory.

Then again... maybe they are just plain crazy... either way.. I got a good deal. no complaints.
  • vfxdogsvfxdogs Member Posts: 3
    Dealing with the LR2 dealers in the bay area has been a pain. They were absolutely rude and deceptive. I had to drive 40 minutes to a dealership to find out the salesman didn't even have the car on the lot that he said had.

I ended up buying my LR2 in Rocklin. The salesman and finance manager there were awesome!. They were professional and congenial. They stuck with the agreed price and did not try to upsell all the coatings, extended warranties, etc.

I ended up with a full loaded (tech package, climate package, lighting package) white SE with Alpaca interior. My out the door price was 34,700 before tax. Land Rover is offering cash back on the SE now that the HSE is out. I was not able to get the 4.9% financing with the cash back, but instead went with low interest from my bank. Overall a great experience and I think a good price.
  • wooglin7wooglin7 Member Posts: 3
    Just agreed on a LR2 SE with all 3 options at $36,250 before tax and title. Philadelphia area. How does this price sound?
  • oscarsba1oscarsba1 Member Posts: 3
    Encouraging. I am also looking for LR2 SE in Philadelphia area. Will you say which dealer?
  • lr2shopperlr2shopper Member Posts: 3
    Got a fully loaded SE for 33,495!! Brand new Zermatt Silver with black interior. Like it a lot!! No problems yet. Also the bluetooth paired with my Q9M!!!
  • wooglin7wooglin7 Member Posts: 3
    Land Rover of West Chester, PA. Finalized the deal at $34,999. Rimini Red SE with all 3 options. Out the door price with $700 trade in value was $36,505.44 which includes all tax, title and fees.
  • dbarton7dbarton7 Member Posts: 20
    Hello.

We really like the SE and want to make a deal before year-end.

Here is the deal we were offered today on a 2008 SE with cold climate package only (i.e. no NAV and no lighting).

MSRP: 35,400
    Sale Price 33,400
    LEV% 69%
    Lease-end value 24,426
    MF .00134
    Amount Due at signing $1,514.68
    Monthly payment: 484.53

This is a 24 month lease with 10,500 miles per year.

Is this a good deal?

Based on what I have read here they should be able to come down more on the price (ie closer to $30K which I think is invoice).

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • dubrozdubroz Member Posts: 5
    Around Boston, you should be able to get a 2008 LRE SE w/ cold package for close to $30k before taxes.

The dealer has a $3k incentive, so if they offered you $33,400 ... you should be able to get $30,400. Getting the car at the end of the month will help.

I got mine w/ no cold package for about $29k.
  • madisonincmadisoninc Member Posts: 1
    Got my SE with Heat and Lighting package for $34,000 out the door four months ago. I imagine you should be able to do much better than that now that the end of the year is approaching.
  • div3804div3804 Member Posts: 7
    I live in NJ want to find out what is best price on SE with heat and lighting package. Any good dealers in NJ. What about some people have problem in starting their LR2. Is this common problem or random problem. Need to decide between LR2 and Subaru Tribecca. Any help would be appriciated Thanks in advance.
  • jax10jax10 Member Posts: 36
    No one is posting...
    What price is the LR2 HSE going for?

Would the last week of the year be the best time to buy or get a better price in January??

Does it ruin the look when they cut the hole in the back for the trailer hitch?? Anyone?
    Thanks.
  • yed19yed19 Member Posts: 15
    Not buying, but just bought one. Paid $38650 loaded.

I gave a price breakdown earlier in this same forum. The car is awesome and we have only a smll problem with the "bonnet" switch showing it was always open. They took the wiring harness off and plugged it back in and it fixed the problem. That happened after they put the chip protec ton it so I was already at the dealer so it took an extra 10 minutes... not too bad.

I would expect that you pay the $41400 for a fully loaded HSE without a deal. They probably won;t give you the x-pricing yet. The only reason we got such a great deal was because we caught them with a 1% over invoice deal on all LR2s for the end of the month deal they had.

The stornoway grey with all the packages is awesome. The skiracks finish off the look nicely. I still havn;t seen another stornoway HSE or SE on the road yet. My wife said she saw an SE though...
  • bige7bige7 Member Posts: 1
    Dealer indicated that Land Rover Financing (4.9% @ 60 months) is not available on a SE purchase because Land Rover is offering a $2,000 "dealer rebate." It's either the financing or the rebate. Edmunds lists a manufacturer to dealer incentive of $3,000 not $2,000. While I assume the dealer does not have to share their entire incentive with the customer, has anyone heard or been told that the Land Rover financing deals cannot be used in combination with the dealer incentive. LR 1-800 # said it was up to the dealer.
    I got quote for 2008 SE with ccp and lighting pkg 30800 plus tax icluding all the insentive. Is that good deal .I live in NJ
  • thedude6thedude6 Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to buy an LR2 HSE w/ light, tech and cold package with a $2,400 discount and 4.9% financing.
  • lnmlnm Member Posts: 13
    Do you know what invoice is? If $38650 is 1% over invoice, that should be about $38264, right? I'm trying to get invoice on this same model :confuse: plus free towing package and roof rack. Wonder if it can be done...
    Not on a HSE unless the dealer wants to lose money. Not even invoice without the roof rack and towing.
    Hmm.. well, I'm waiting for the call back. At least, I think I will ask to pay dealer price on the roof rack and towing package, install the roof rack myself and ask for free install on the towing.
    I sell the kit items like that at sales cost. I cannot give away service time.
    Got price from one dealership, LR2 HSE lighting/sirius, no tech or cc, $36,200, $1800 off MSRP...asked for free towing pkg. & window tint, they said no.

According to Edmunds, invoice on HSE with CC/tech/light. is ...
    32,191.+
    dest. 775.+
    cc 637.+
    tech.3,185. +
    light. 956. =
    $37,744. (just sirius, 728. invoice price)
    Don't know invoice on accessories, towing, etc. where can you find that?
    Wondering if towing pkg. will mess up the look when they have to cut the hole in the back to install?
    Maybe the longer I wait to buy the lower the price will be on the HSE, as with the SE's that are so heavily discounted, though the SE's are discontinued.
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    Edmonds has all the invoice pricing for the LR2 and options.
    But you will not fin out a dealer's cost on kit (roof rails, towing, etc.). The parts dept marks cost up to the sales dept and we get only a $5 per hour break off retail from service on install.
    I got the the LR2 today with cold pack. in NJ with cold pak. for 30000 plus tax and title. Color is Black with balck interior. Dealership in NJ was excellent and the price was agreed upon via email. very good looking car
  • stevejostevejo Member Posts: 9
    Was that for a brand new (almost 0-mile) car or a demo?
    It is brand new car with 07 miles on it. I will pick up the car tommrow
    Wondering if the lines on the windshield (cc pack) bother anyone??
    Don't really need that in this area of the country, could use every once in a while, hardly ever snows, so I did not want the lines...but the one I am looking at has them, heated seats would be nice some days, but really thought I did not want the lines...just wondering if they bother anyone??

Also, some dealers charge "retailer activity fee" this one is $300, can that be taken off?
    Thanks.
    Got a quote for dealer cost on these items. He said this included installation, but I don't know the exact install rate.

Tow package - $1075
    Roof rack w/crossbars (not bike rack or kayak rack or anything fancy, just basic roof rack) - $290

They don't have the color I want so I will have to wait until next year. :(
  • rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    What dealer in nj did you purchase from? I'm in the central jersey area. Thanks
    Land Rover of Woodbridge, NJ also known as Paul Miller. Very good dealership, I was able to negotiate price via email, so rest of the transection was very quick. BTW LR2 runs very smooth. I already put 175 miles in two days. If you need more info then e-mail me.
  • tredferntredfern Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know what your credit score has to be to qualify for the 4.9%,
    I know it is "tier 0"? But what score is that?
    edited October 2014
    I got a fully-loaded HSE this weekend for $500 over invoice - $38544!!! There were no hidden fees or catches! Two dealers made me this offer. It was just too good to pass up and I'm so pleased I got everything I asked for. I'm falling in love with my new Izmir Blue LR2!! :blush:
  • augleovirgoaugleovirgo Member Posts: 1
    At first, I wanted a HSE then I realized that SE and HSE are not much different especially with the cosmetics.

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE - Stornoway Grey with Ebony
    Two packages (lighting and Cold-climate)

MSRP is $36,450

Car price is $31,000 + taxes, fees (VA taxes are 3.0%), and Destination ($715). It would add up approximately $33,800.00.

I would like to add some accessories but I have no idea how much they would cost. Will I be able to find some accessories via the Internet that would be much cheaper than Land Rover dealership? I think I will let them to install the tow package since the wires will be required to rework. I don't know if the crossbar will be easy for me to install them. Here is the list that I would like to add on my vehicle:

Crossbar Rack
    Mudflaps
    Resist-All
    Rubber Mats
    Tow Package

Do you think it is worth to have 3M chip protection on this vehicle? Are all the accessories negotiable? I would like to know if it is really worth to have Resist-All.

Do you think this is a good deal?
    Doing it yourself with accessories should be very easy and yes, you can find everything online for much less than the dealer charges, including the 3M. Check out roverconnection.com. If you don't feel comfortable installing the tow package yourself (I've read posts on other sites that it is relatively easy - just drill a couple of holes), you can buy the tow kit online and have your dealer install it for you. Check out clearmask.com for 3M kits, which you can also install yourself. They have a video online of the installation process and it looks fairly simple. You can even buy Lo-jack online, but you still have to have it installed by a professional lo-jack installer. It is the same cost as what the dealer charges ($695) so this I would just buy from the dealer if you want to finance it out over the length of your loan. :)
  • seaguyseaguy Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Seattle and trying to decide which dealership to work with. Who did you deal with and where?
  • rrbuyerrrbuyer Member Posts: 4
    New to forum - was looking for any thoughts on a realistic price that I expect to negotiate/pay on a RR. Am looking to buy within the next week or so. So far, the salesperson (as expected) is not moving much from the MSRP - I have not pushed negotiations yet until I get some facts/numbers under my belt. These are the 2 models/quoted prices I am deciding between:

A new '08 full-size RR HSE with rear DVD and 20" wheels - best price so far is $82k.

An '07 full-size RR SC pre-owned with 9k on the clock - best price so far is $78k.

I have seen posts re using coupons and dealers passing on marketing support discounts to buyers.

Would be v.grateful for input on what people have paid or what sort of reductions are realistic.
    Somehow your question about Range Rover got posted into the LR2 forum. You might want to move this to the RR forum.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Good catch! He has posted there, as well....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• canuck22canuck22 Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at LR2's, needs to be "used" to cross the border. So far the prices I'm seeing are between $31,900 and $34,500 $US for a loaner or demo vehicle with 5,000 miles on it. From this forum it looks like this would be too much to pay. Anyone know what I should be paying?
  • trovertrover Member Posts: 5
    I recently received a coupon i will do not need please contact me if you are interested tania@taniany.com
  • trovertrover Member Posts: 5
    I received a coupon for 2000.00 that i would not used contact me if you are interested
    tania@taniany.com
  • jeremyljeremyl Member Posts: 5
    Unfortunatly Portland, OR only has one dealer, so I cant get competition. Went twice last year and they wouldnt budge on MSRP. Now with $3K dealer cash this car is back to invoice pricing. Just holding back because its a 1st year model and really want to know what is coming out next year (will they fix the stupid key system, and add a little power/handling?). Anyone in Portland get a good deal?
    Hate to tell you but the $3k dealer ccash is only on SEs, and most of those are now gone. I have 1 left. HSEs for us (I'm not near you) are in short supply.
  • jeremyljeremyl Member Posts: 5
    I know. I am interested in SE. Dont need 19" wheels, and dont notice much difference in the tiny bit of bottom trim color coded in the HSE (I am sure I can upgrade later aftermarket if I were so inclined). Emailed dealer today and they do have one left and will give me the $3K off + $1K off for auto show discount. So not bad, but not as good as these NJ guys are reporting. I am still not 100% convinced on this vehicle though. Quality issues, company sale to INDIA, and a few other things have me concerned. Biggest question is will they fix these next year? 1st year of a model really has me worried. Any new car should last 50Kmi... its after the warantee expires that I worry. 100K on my Subie and no issues.
  • nickdiducanickdiduca Member Posts: 2
    Did you buy an SE or HSE. Was it a new car, trade in, or loaner car? Please let me know, I am from the area and would like to try and get the best deal possible.
  • gkubinagkubina Member Posts: 3
    nated86,

I wish I would have seen your reply several weeks ago. However, I came to the same conclusion regarding a terrible whistling noise from my new ski racks. The solution is to install the rubber gasket into the channel on top of each cross bar. Back in December I bought the roof rails, cross bars, and ski racks for my LR2. I had the dealer install the roof rails as it took a bit of work, so they also installed the cross bars and ski racks at the same time. Within a day I realized that the ski racks made a very loud whistling sound at speeds above 15 mph. When I say loud, I mean really loud. I kind of experimented to see if I could get rid of it but nothing worked. Looking for answers on the internet I found very little. There were recommendations to turn up the radio or buy a "fairing" from Yakima. I also noticed that the dealer had left the two rubber gaskets in my car. They removed them from the cross bars in order to slide the ski rack bolts into the channel.

So I made an educated guess. I surmized that the whistling or wind noise was coming from the cross bar channels. So I disassembled the entire ski rack and measured the distance between the two bolts on the ski rack itself. (I think 26 & 3/8 inches). I then measured this distance centered on the rubber gasket and then punctured holes thru the gasket and then twisted the ski rack bolts in from the bottom. ( I had to shape the rubber gasket a little underneath so everything was flush... use an exacto or other sharp knife.) I then slid the bolts back into the channel with the rubber gasket attached and pushed the rubber gasket into the channel to lock it in. Reassembled the ski rack and Voila! No more whistling! I am so relieved. I made two trips up to Lake Tahoe with that darn thing whistling all the way. Almost drove me crazy!
  • rover2brover2b Member Posts: 8
    Hey folks, new member here (as you might be able to judge by my user name) and have a couple of questions. I apologize up front if they've been asked already but my perusal of the list last night exhausted me without a clear answer.

I'm looking to purchase a new LR2. Saw one at the DC auto show two weekends ago and fell in love (I've driven a Classic Cherokee for the last ten years--202,000 miles). I test drove one Saturday and was armed (so I thought) with the invoice of $31,191 (from Consumer Reports).

When I sat down with the salesman after the test drive, he broke out a worksheet that stated an invoice of $32,466 and that they were only asking for $500 above invoice and that was that. (of course, aside from the processing fees of $399, non-negotiable) and options.)

But I've also seen other invoice prices listed. So, what is the collective agreement/experience of those in the forum for the true invoice price of an LR2? And, has anybody had a successful "bargaining" effort with Land Rover in negotiating the final OTD price?

Is the LR2 so popular that Land Rover dealers can afford to be less inclined to accept a negotiated price below what the salesman is saying is the bottom dollar? I realize that I did not ask to see the actual invoice price but didn't ask for it as I wasn't buying the vehicle that day because I still had more research to conduct. Seems the Land Rover products have become much more reliable in the past couple of years despite the lack of recently documented reliability tests/factors. Judging from the comments made in this forum, the consensus seems to be that most of the owners of the LR2 are pleased with their decision to purchase and LR2.

Finally, has anybody had any experience with a broker service?

I truly appreciate any comments or answers garnered from my post. Thanks in advance.
    Hello,
    I read Edmunds forums for a long time before I bought my LR2 HSE, it is wonderful to be able to read other people's opinions, get advice....some of the salespeople on here are very helpful & nice. It made me feel much better making my decision and making the deal.

Edmunds has the invoice & MSRP pricing on base & each option listed, it is all there. Over on the left, or at the top of the main page, click on Pricing or something, you can find it, all the pkg./option details & prices are there.
    It is according to where you are (location), some people get them for MSRP, some for 1% over invoice, etc. I am certainly no expert, just did a lot of reading... My opinion, $500 over actual invoice price (HSE) is a really good price. The first time I went to a Land Rover dealership, a very "snooty" salesman told me "the price is MSRP, there is no negotiating." I left, it is a wonder I ever went back, but I did, a different salesman can make all the difference...
    & I might add found 3 wonderful people that helped me, including finance guy, they were great.

Had mine for almost 5 weeks, driven 1900 miles, absolutely love it, so far. No problems, so far. Wish the gas milage was better. But, I think I made the right decision buying this, hope the reliability remains good. It is definitely a head-turner.

Good Luck!
  • rover2brover2b Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply. I've spent a bit more time perusing this site and others and have a better understanding of the pricing.

I think I was fortunate with the salesperson with whom I spoke because the experience wasn't anything like the horror stories others have posted.

You mentioned that you wished you got better gas mileage. What do you average? What type of driving do you do? Do you burn premium as recommended? Thanks again.
  • mvil4mvil4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,
    I recently found this forum and enjoy the info. My wife and I just purchased a new LR2 SE in the Clearwater, FL area. It's silver with beige interior. Base model with only options being the mats. We did not feel HSE options were worth difference and cold package not needed in FL. List was 34,700 and we bought for 30,000
    (not including tax and title). No additional fees. The dealer was easy to work with and so far we have been happy with the car and service. Averaging 21 - 22 MPG combined. Hope this helps in figuring out prices. BTW agree that most extras best bought online as dealer prices are at a premium.
This discussion has been closed.