Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler LHS Electrical/Lighting

barxbarx Member Posts: 1
Want to go to a brighter headlight than the standard bulb. Any recommendations?

Comments

• dfolarondfolaron Member Posts: 1
    erratic electrical system. car starts and runs perfectly but never know if signal lights, heater, radio,power windows, etc. will function. Often after restarting vehicle all items will function perfectly. Sometimes need to restart 3 or 4 times, other times all function on first start. Any suggestions ?
  • cajzmerecajzmere Member Posts: 2
    Check your ground strap or battery cables. Sounds like bad ground or dead or dying battery. Battery cables can look ok but really be rotten. Check for swelling around the ends. BOTH ends. Good Luck.
  • walt5walt5 Member Posts: 4
    My '99 LHS front passenger side window has come off track...motor works fine but have to guide window back on track as I raise it...can I correct this myself or am I asking for trouble by taking the door panel apart?

Walt5
  • rich78rich78 Member Posts: 1
    interior /dashboard lights do not light/blink but exterior lights work. Any Ideas?
  • brick_pilotbrick_pilot Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 lhs that is now called Christine, it seems to want to turn the lights on and off after the car has been sitting turned off for a time. It is really starting to bug the wife yesterday we had the neighbors call thinking we were in trouble which is a good thing but, not at 4:30 in the morning. If you know why our car is possessed please let me know.

Thanks.

Tusk :confuse:
  • lkmaklkmak Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 99 LHS. How do I change the bulbs in the overhead console. I have a moon roof if that is important. I have A 97 T&C and the lenses popped out to change the bulb. This looks a bit different
  • mcg4908mcg4908 Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 LHS is having mid life crisis! The electrical systems is acting up. The dash lights flick dim to bright, the radio just stopped working, but the orange lights on the bass, treble and mid buttons blink on and off.

Yesterday the all the gauges went dead and the radio displayed a code ending in 05. The windows, sun roof and engine run but the rest of the electrical including A/C is down.

I just had the starter replaced, then things started going bad. Could it be a bad ground or something worse?

Any suggestions?
  • dptyscottdptyscott Member Posts: 2
    new motor. WAs ok at tear down now cranks but no fire to coil. Why?
  • dptyscottdptyscott Member Posts: 2
    :sick: where is the asd relay
  • grannieannie1grannieannie1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 1996 Chrysler LHS and I absolutely love it. BUT, I have a short somewhere cause it keeps running the battery down. So now everytime I stop the car for any period of time, I always unhook the battery cable. I sure don't want to get stuck out somewhere with a dead battery.

Can anyone please give me some advise on this matter.
  • tsurnicktsurnick Member Posts: 42
    I am assuming a freeze plug is the plugs that are in the side of the engine. I have one of them that has antifreeze slowly leaking out from it. are they hard to change out? I did not see the repair in the chilton manual. I also have a wining noise from one of the pulleys. the wining is louder when its colder outside. Someone listended to it and said it might be the idler pully. which one is that?
    any help would be great.

thanks
  • moondog1001moondog1001 Member Posts: 1
    My LHS has been conking out on me lately - sometimes it will restart right away, sometimes I must wait awhile. Today it would not restart. While waiting, I noticed a rapid clicking sound under the hood. I isolated it to the Auto Shutdown Relay. I pulled the relay, then heard a much softer clicking, at the same rate, coming I think from the top rear area of the engine compartment (BTW, I have the 3.5L engine). Does anyone know what things drive the ASR and what may be causing this sound? Thanks to all.
    I have the same problem. My 94 LHS runs great. if it sits more than a couple of days the battery is completely dead. did you ever find out how to fix this? i did not see a reply to your orriginal message.
  • mikey36mikey36 Member Posts: 3
    We own a 2008 Liberty AW drive we are having electrical problems ever sins we got it which they have not been able to fix so far but Dealer is trying very hard, bought the vehicle new in 2009 it only has 6100 km on it.
    Last night again Wipers start up for no reason at all dry weather and no rain censor on this vehicle anyway, and the lights on the interior of the truck blinks on and off rapidly whenever it feels like last about 1-2 minutes then acts normal again may go for a other month then starts acting up again does anybody out there have a similar problem how was it fixed
    I left my 94 LHS sit for a couple of days and yesterday I was headed out and I noticed that my gauges were not working, I was really only concerned about the fuel gauge though. I turned on the air conditioning and it didnt work. The buttons light up, but the fan doesnt run and so on. I figure that something must be grounding out somewhere or something. I looked for a post on this Forum about this, but didnt see one. If i am missing it, please copy and paste it in a reply to me so you dont have to type alot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gauges, air conditioning, message center NOT working.
    I just found number 14 fuse (5 amp) blown. I replaced it and everything came back on momentarily and then the fuse blew again. I am assuming there is a short. Where do I look first? I got 3 trouble codes also.

1. Code 77 Speed Control Power Relay circut is open or shorted
    2. Code 21 Problem with Oxygen Sensor Signal Circuit, Sensor Voltage to computer not fluctuating.
    3. Code 12 Problem with the Battery Connection. Direct Battery Input to controller Disconnect within the last the last 50 ignition key-on cycles

any Ideas?
    Gauges, air conditioning, message center NOT working.
    I just found number 14 fuse (5 amp) blown. I replaced it and everything came back on momentarily and then the fuse blew again. I am assuming there is a short. Where do I look first? I got 3 trouble codes also.

1. Code 77 Speed Control Power Relay circut is open or shorted
    2. Code 21 Problem with Oxygen Sensor Signal Circuit, Sensor Voltage to computer not fluctuating.
    3. Code 12 Problem with the Battery Connection. Direct Battery Input to controller Disconnect within the last the last 50 ignition key-on cycles

any Ideas?
  • numbbersnumbbers Member Posts: 4
    The map lights on my 2000 LHS flash intermittently. Any ideas?
    I have had some items do that, but not the map lights. It really sounds like it could be a grounding problem. I would pull off that assembly where the lights are and see if there is any bare or touching wires. Hope that helpls
  • jaderjadejaderjade Member Posts: 1
    OK I have a 2001 Lhs , Radio just died but all lights blink on it......Anyone else with this issue....Other than that its been a great car......But I need my radio to work...
  • lhsclhsc Member Posts: 1
    Tsurnick:
    Today, I had the same problem as you described above with the instrument panel gauges not working and the number 14 fuse blown. Please advise if you found a solution and what the the solution was. Thanks.
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. my email was down for a while. I am just now getting back in the swing of things. on that specific problem. it turned out to be my ignition switch. I replaced it and every thing worked again.
    hope that helps
  • austincity2010austincity2010 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Want to know if anyone has had just the gas gauge not work and why? Is it fused or does the wire run all the way back to the fuel tank? Could it just be the gauge itself. Not sure how to fix or where to start.Its a 1996 Chrysler LHS, 3.5 v-6 Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
  • sarge_horvathsarge_horvath Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same issue... Any answer yet?
  • jlhumbertjlhumbert Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same exact issue with my 2001 LHS. Has anyone resolved this issue?
  • jlhumbertjlhumbert Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue with my 2001 Chrysler LHS (radio doesn't work, but lights on radio flash and dash lights flash from bright to dim. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
  • troy756troy756 Member Posts: 1
    I've had dead gauges (all of them) for some time and after reading about a possible ignition problem I have found that if I turn the key slightly (toward start) the gauges show correctly. Obviously you don't want to turn it too far and engage the starter while running, but if you apply just a little pressure you can at least see the true readings for a moment. Hope this helps someone diagnose the problem and be able to read the gauges in the meantime.
  • sarge_horvathsarge_horvath Member Posts: 2
    I replaced my altenator and issue was fixed. The only problem I have is with the radio. It plays for awhile, then switches off, comes back on and changes channel to 530AM. Also the 4-disc CD changer lights blink back and forth (Disc 1 & 2, then Disc 3&4)... continues to blink until I turn car off and set alarm. Wierd!