Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• verdi942verdi942 Posts: 304
    Note: There's no mention of Acadia on Buick's website; they do tout Enclave, a larger luxo-SUV. The Acadia name is being saved for a GMC crossover.
  • gail04gail04 Posts: 51
    You're not alone...see all of mine...! I finally switched to another dealer, and having at least a little more kindness from them per se...car still has some issues. No one will give a decent trade, 04 w/7000 miles, and 6 yr. extended trans. warranty. I finally (HOPEFULLY)had major leaks all taken care of. Alternater is noisy, has been a complaint. New dealer will replace it for me hopefully, and I am constantly checking to make sure sunroof/roof racks and flooring don't leak, all the time. Not a good way to start a new relationship with this vehicle. Hope you have better luck w/yours in time.
  • gail04gail04 Posts: 51
    HI,

Can you tell me if your seat covers "work/fit?" My Rndy has side air bags. Had to return seat covers because you can't block the airbags here in massachusetts. Also, does anyone know if in an 04, we can (hopefully) install remote car starter and not have all the issues those in the past have listed here as far as the car quiting on them? Thank you.
  • lgret13lgret13 Posts: 21
    i have an 03 CXL and have installed a Viper remote start and have no problems with the car quiting. The remote start is the best accessory i have every had installed on a vehicle particulary in the winter.
  • travaztravaz Posts: 1
    My wife has a 2002 rendezvous, she drove it to the store came home and then nothing,no electric power what so ever. I have tried to jump it but no help. No door lock ,chimes,lights,horn or clock. Can someone please help?
  • nextmoonnextmoon Posts: 386
    Try tightening the battery connector to the battery (negative terminal first). It tends to build up corrision because it's exposed. Mines was loose from the factory and also loose after a new battery was installed. It left me stranded about 2 weeks back after I put it in park.
  • festafesta Posts: 1
    I just bought a 02 CX with a ton of options, onstar (love it) AWD, havent used it yet, back up sensor, (cool) that driver info thing (no idea) If anyone has any tips ...please
    Tommy
  • Sometimes there is a short in the wiring harness the burns out a Maxifuse or the relays. Check which fuse is related to these common failed components and try replacing it. The typical culprit is in the steering column. As you drive, the wiring chaffs and the short will happen intermittently.
    Howard
  • I've been coveting the RDV for some time because of Buick comfort and performance. I've seen some 2002 CXL's sell in the price range I'm hoping to stay within $10-11k in my next purchase. I've seen some negative comments about particular vehicles in the threads, but just wondered if anyone would share their mileage and overall experience.

BTW, a coworker told me that he believes his sister is wanting to sell her Silver 2002 CXL and it only has 30k miles on it. She has yet to name a price on it. If I could pull that off for $11-12k(KBB lists just under $13k in excellent condition), are there really any other vehicles even worthy of consideration? I'd really like the added convenience to being able to handle more than 4-5 passengers the RDV allows for, but I don't want a mini van. Thanks for any info you could provide.
  • Do your homework before buying a 2002 CXL.Ask about its history and see why they are wanting to sell such a low mileage vehicle.There are some good ones out there and there are some bad ones.Consumer Reports rates them below average.

We traded off a 34,000 mile 2002 CXL AWD that you couldnt tell from new and believe me you wouldnt have wanted it.On the plus side they are roomy,handle good,and ride good.

On the down side beware of faulty BCM's,leaking intake gaskets,wheel bearing issues,failing AC condensors,etc.

Personally I would look for a 2003 or newer RDV.
  • My 2002 CX with 28,000 miles has been great. No problems, has never been back to the dealer for anything. The 3rd back seat comes in handy. I usually get 20 - 21 MPG around town.

:)
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A newspaper would like to interview current and former owners of Buicks. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Tuesday, March 7, 2006 with your daytime contact info, your Buick's year, make and model, and a few thoughts on the subject of interest.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• have new seat covers how do I get the headrests off? Drivers & passengers side. Thanks :confuse:
  • Just as the subject says I'm looking at 02 or 03 models. They look the same but the year alone tends to give it another $2000 or 20% value....

Is it worth it? Anything I should look for?

PS> I'm getting a CXL with sunroof.
  • rick4rick4 Posts: 11
    My oem Firestones are just about gone. Can someone recommend some good replacements. I am looking for a quieter tire, the firestones were pretty noisy. They lasted about 39000 miles.
  • nextmoonnextmoon Posts: 386
    I have on a set of Michelin LTX (passenger) tires and they are great. Definitely much more quiet than the original Firestones and with better handling too. They are pricy though.
  • I had a 2002 CX that I traded for a 2005 last December. We enjoyed the 02 much more than we have the 05. However, the 02 models have had a lot of problems. Consumers Report has the 02 on its' 'don't buy' list. Suggest you buy a copy of the April issue of Consumer Reports and read the comments there.
  • ttop72ttop72 Posts: 4
    Susan: I just purchased a 2006 Rendezvous CX. The color is Cashmere which I wanted, However the ONLY Interior color issued with this color is also very light Tan. Seats will be VERY EASY to get dirty. I also wanted to install seat covers and I had to go to the Buick dealer and have the headrest removed. The Tech looked the headrest up on his computer and removing the headrest required (2) two special tools which they had, so they remove them for free. Good luck
  • I saw this on the news yesterday it is something not only Rendezvous owners but GM owners alike should know.Check out the link

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060330/whistleblower_gm_06- 0406/20060406/
  • gail414gail414 Posts: 2
    Where did you find seat covers to get around the side airbags? My car is navy outside, and horrible, light grey inside...........same issue with cleaning!! Thank you, Gail