Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Rendezvous Climate Control Problems

brookescarbrookescar Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Buick
Has anyone had the problem of the AC clutch staying engaged all the time? Every morning the battery is drained and has to be jumped to start.

Comments

• Options
    I have to jump start my 02 every morning. I have found that the AC Clutch is staying engaged all the time was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
  • Options
    intrepidcubintrepidcub Member Posts: 60
    Im confused how the two are related the clutch engaged only affect when the engine is running is your defroster on it will be engage when the defroster is activated the dead battery could be anything have you been to get a charging system test?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    If the A/C clutch is engaged by a solenoid it may have some kind of short circuit that draws electrical current even when the engine is off.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    i have a 2002 Rendezvous and was wondering does the AC have a low pressure switch, and if so could someone tell me where it is located,,,,,Thanks
  • Options
    mituw16mituw16 Member Posts: 1
    On my '02 Rendezvous, the heater works but it doesnt blow out very much air when i have the vents set to face only. When i switch it to floor only it blows out a ton more air, but on face only the heater only blows a little bit of air and makes a ton of noise....

when i have have face only selected with cool air or a/c on, it works fine and blows out a lot of air, only with the heater on face only does it not blow out much air....

any ideas?
  • Options
    stuckwishstuckwish Member Posts: 2
    I'm having a problem with the fan not working. It use to work on and off, but now it won't run at all. I tought it was a short in the fan speed switch, but the A/C indicating light will come on when the fan switch is turned on. Can you tell me where the fan is located and how to replace it?
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm could be the fan is not the problem. When you say it worked off and on did you perhaps loose the fan speeds one at a time starting with 1 and progressing through the rest, or did it just not work at all sometimes? Loosing them one at a time might indicate blower motor resister assembly, and just not working at all might be problem with HVAC cluster (even though light seems to work).
  • Options
    stuckwishstuckwish Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

For a while, a few days, the fan would not work on any speed. Then it would work on all speeds. Then it stopped working all together. Like I said, when the fan switch is turned to any speed, the air conditioner light will come on and the air conditioner will work. You can feel the difference in the air temperature when travelling fast enough. I first thought the problem was in the fan speed switch, but when I noticed the air conditioner light, I wondered if it wasn't the fan itself. I would do some exploratory checking, but I don't know how to remove the dash cover to get to the switch. Do you know how to remove the dash cover?
  • Options
    firetrolefiretrole Member Posts: 2
    This week I had the same problem with my Buick R-vous now did exactly what your's did cut off intermintly then totally stopped all together, any ways I checked the two fuses seemed good none burnt ok next day I pulled fuses back out wiggled them around then plugged back then then I pulled the under the glove box cover that houses the fan motor and looked at it , I paused a minute turn the key on didn't start the motor but turned the key to where all the electronics would function then got back under the glove box then I took my hand and turned the fan switch on all the way and it made a clicking sound when turned to full blast then I would turn fan switch off then on to full blast again and there was that clicking sound again under the glove box so pull the panel under the glove box and wiggle the wires because mine is working again . You do have your owners manual right check your fuses first then check wire connections but Mine did everything yours did
  • Options
    azpete23azpete23 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone had any issues with erratic temp settings on the auto climate control.
    My '02 does not respond properly when I adjust the desired temp setting left knob.
    The setting jumps all over the place; but mostly in the 85-90 degree range. Not a problem in the winter here in Phoenix but come summer I need to get that baby down to a more comfortable setting. Any idea what is causing this?
    Dirty contacts on the module? This was the cause on an old PU I had in the early 90s. A quick clean of the module contacts and the system worked fine.
    Any ideas? I'm not looking forward to tearing apart the dash to get at this thing.
    Thanks.....
  • Options
    rgraberrgraber Member Posts: 2
    The first settings work fine but the last fan setting doesn't work. Is this worth the repair or should I just continue without it like I have been for the last year? I suspect the repair is not worth the hassle.........

Thanks
  • Options
    hate02buickhate02buick Member Posts: 8
    Hi - I have 02 Buick Rendezvous too - bout 1 1/2 yrs ago the air started blowing less and less on the 1st 3 settings - then it ONLY worked on the 4th setting - didnt even work on the 5th setting - this is the case whether I want heat or air. Last summer they had to replace the ENTIRE Condensor unit (thank GOD i took the extended warranty!!!) and it is currently in the shop today because the air is only working on the 4th setting AGAIN!! Just to let you know - this make/model is a LEMON has a myraid of various recurring problems - my suggestion - trade it in if you can!! :lemon:
  • Options
    bman4471bman4471 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for reading this, on my 02 Rendezvous HVAC, the mode button wont switch the blowing air from the face, it will show on the control as its should be blowing to the feet, it just stays in the face, and if you put the defrost on it still blows to the face but will also show it should be on the defrost. I am just looking where to start to find the bad part...Thanks once again...
  • Options
    sansonsanson Member Posts: 3
    my climate control has quit working i have checked some fuses is there anything else i can do or check before i take it to a dealer it is a 04 buick rendezvous.
  • Options
    jnettles1jnettles1 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get a resolution to this? If so, how was it resolved. I am having the same problem with my vehicle...
  • Options
    yes i did get it working again i took every fuse out and reinserted them to make sure they were getting a good connection and i think it also rebooted the system all i know is that after doing this it started working again i hope this info helps out.
  • Options
    try taking out the cabin air filter located in the glove box and try it with it out.
This discussion has been closed.