Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• avucarguyavucarguy Member Posts: 56
    Sorry to say, but C&D tested the Sonata the same way they tested the G37, You do realize that all the magazine auto tests are on brand new, barely broken cars right? LOL! 7.8 and 8.2 (Verified by C&D and Motor Trend) are NOT mid 7's..

There is no road test on the turbo Sonata that I'm aware of, so know one knows what it will officially run. I'm sure it will do pretty well.

I never said that 5.5 vs 5.2 was getting smoked, re-read my post....While the Sonata might keep up with a G37 in a straight line, in the twisties it will not handle as well. There is more than just straightline 0-60.
    The 2010 G37 RWD, brand new as mentioned prior can be had as low as $30,691, Not $40k. $30,691 is not twice the price of a turbo Sonata. Don't forget, the Infiniti holds it's resale value better as well.

I agree with you schnellesauto. I think the new Sonata is nice, but I would not compare it to a G37. The G37 is a superior car any day. The Sonata should be compared to the Accord/Camry/Mazda6/Fusion ect. There is always those new car owners who think their car is better than most other cars. I have driven both the new 2011 Sonata and an 09 G37 sedan, the Sonata DOES NOT compares well to the G37, but the Sonata does not compete against the G37. The Sonata does compare well against the Accord/Camry/Mazda6/Fusion group ans is a good alternative to those cars.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    And besides that, some people (like everyone who lives above the Mason-Dixon line) cannot drive a RWD car as a daily commuter because of the snow

Wow, a G37 costs twice as much as a G37? Oh wait, now it's 8k more. It's easy to exaggerate to try and make a point. Nobody in the northern states with snow can drive a rear wheel drive car? Gee, I seem to have did pretty good driving nothing but rear wheel cars for some twenty years in Michigan and that was before traction control and all the rest. Is someone blowing smoke or what? You know you can put all the equipment in the world on a car and it still does not equal a car that is just made with better engineering, better build process and quality of material. If you can honestly say you can sit in and drive a Sonata and then a G37 and not notice a world of difference than you must be blind. Is it worth 8-10k more? Sure it is. You still get what you pay for pay to a large degree. Not saying there aren't value out there like the Sonata but please compare it to other similar cars not to cars that are clearly out of it's league. Some people want to compare the Sonata to a Lexus, Mercedes or the CC just because the Sonata has some similar design cues. Well, just because something looks similar doesn't make it an equal by any means.

The MSRP of the new turbo Sonata Limited which would be similar equipped to a mid range G37 will only be about 6-7k difference. IMO that's about how far apart they are and I wouldn't fault anyone for buying either one because I think they are both fairly good values.
  • schnellesautoschnellesauto Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2010
    Facts are that the best handling/driving cars in the world are Rear Drive and not 60/40 weight distributed front drive cars like the Sonata.

PS...I live above the Mason-Dixon line and drive a rear drive perf. car everyday of the year, even in the bad snow we had. It's called dedicated SNOW tires in the winter season. Never got stuck, though I did see a few front wheel drive cars stuck (most likely from all season tires).
    100% agreed!
  • syitalian25syitalian25 Member Posts: 303
    edited April 2010
    lol well some of the trims (like the AWD models and anniversary edition of the G37) are 40K+, meaning yes, they are nearly double what the $22.5K Sonata SE costs. And you turned my basic statement of "the projected 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds is close to the 5.2 in the G37" and twisted around as if I said the Sonata was an all around better sports sedan. Clearly it's not, that is why the G37 is much more expensive.

Nobody is comparing a $20K range sedan directly to a vehicles such as Mercedes, Lexus, or Infiniti which are clearly better vehicles, and their price tags reflect that. But that doesn't mean that no aspect of the car (such as 0-60 time) can't be equal or better than some vehicles which are well above the cheaper car's pay grade. I was just pointing out that 0-60 in 5.5 seconds was impressive, and better than all of the V6 midsize competitors if I'm not mistaken.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Considering the G isn't a midsize car I'll simply say that if we're going to use street prices on the G, we should use them on the Sonata. Still a huge price gap for a midsize mainstream sedan shopper.
    Where is the proof that the 2011 Sonata Turbo goes 0-60 in 5.5 seconds? There have been no road tests to confirm this, the car is not out yet. We can't go on speculation.
    edited April 2010
    "Considering the G isn't a midsize car I'll simply say that if we're going to use street prices on the G, we should use them on the Sonata. Still a huge price gap for a midsize mainstream sedan shopper."

WRONG.. the G37 is a MID-SIZED car and is classified by the EPA as mid-sized. 99 cubic feet of interior space. The Sonata (without sunroof, just like Accord) is actually classified as a Large car by the EPA. Got to love the lack of facts in this thread so far..
    edited April 2010
    Pardon me :sick: : mainstream midsize car, which is obviously what this thread is geared towards.

If you think a good thread compares a $20k Fusion against a $40k Infiniti, by all means, carry on -- I don't police this thing. :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Hey dude, chill OUT. This forum doesn't exist for you to try and make everyone look like an idiot and be a jerk in the process, K? This is supposed to be a casual, enjoyable discussion among sedan and other vehicle enthusiasts, and you're killing the vibe.

If you're only interested in the G37, that's fine - just hop over to the G37 discussion and hang out there. But the position of Fact Checker-in-Chief isn't open right now, so please back off the insults.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    The MSRP of the new turbo Sonata Limited which would be similar equipped to a mid range G37 will only be about 6-7k difference. IMO that's about how far apart they are and I wouldn't fault anyone for buying either one because I think they are both fairly good values.

Yeah I'd say that's about right give or take. When you load up the mid sizers they come quite close to the entry level lux vehicles. That includes the new Sonata as well as the Accords and Altimas and others. Add in all the bells and whistles plus V6/Turbo and you're in an overlapping segment of buyers. It's always about trade offs.
    Um, I think the excitement level is little high too but to be fair he is not the one that brought up the comparison.
    Well, my reply wasn't meant to be just to him, and it certainly wasn't personal.
    and be a jerk in the process

Gee, I may not agree with the tone of his posts but as I go back through them I see no name calling.....just questioning other's statements and asking for facts. He wasn't the person that even brought up the G37 comparison in the first place. As far as calling names, I didn't know the hosts were into it.
    edited April 2010
    I have tried to check my facts as much as possible, and I have seen lots of incorrect facts being written to counter my posts as well (like that a G37 is only $30K and RWD cars are just as good in the snow).

The only thing I said is that a Turbo Sonata SE could race a G37, and if it was one of the upper-trim Infiniti's it probably would be. The Sonata Turbo is not even out yet, so the only "fact" that we have to go off of is the projected 0-60 time provided by Hyundai, 5.5 seconds. According to Insideline.com the G37 Journey Coupe ($37,500 as tested) did 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and had 0.86 on the slalom - that is pretty comparable to 5.5 seconds (est) for the Sonata Turbo SE and 0.84 on the slalom. The ONLY thing I said comparing the two was "(The Sonata Turbo) could race a G37!!" ... and depending on which trim the G37 is that is a true statement, especially with the heavier models like the Journey or Anniversary Edition. They could race and it would at least be a competition - I am not saying the Sonata would necessarily win. That is still a pretty good feat considering the price tag of the two vehicles.

I am NOT saying that the Sonata is a better performing/better riding/higher quality sedan, I used the G37 as an example because it is one of the top entry-lux sport sedans. The comparison was used to illustrate the fact that the Turbo Sonata should be closer than almost any other sedan in the segment to achieving the type of performance seen in much more expensive sedans. There is no need to jump down my throat and misconstrued things I have said to act as if I am claiming the Sonata or any $25K mid-sizer is a better vehicle than just about any sedan that is $35K+.
    edited April 2010
    (like that a G37 is only $30K and RWD cars are just as good in the snow).

Look, I pretty much agree with what everything you have said. I think the problem lies with is something a "statement of fact" or is it someone's opinion or best guess. It's kind of like when you said the Sonata turbo would hit 0-60 in 5.5. You didn't say it was the CEO of Hyundai estimate or your best guess, you just stated it. You also just stated that the G37 is 40k and twice as much as a Sonata. You also said nobody north of the Mason-Dixon line could drive a rear wheel car in the snow. If you would temper your statements with "some" or "many" it would be factual. But exaggerating or inflating makes your statements questionable. I get what you mean but I wish you would say it that way.

Like the above bolded statement. Nobody said the things you are supposedly quoting. Someone mentioned that they could get a base G37 for about $30800 or so. If you read through the G37 prices paid thread there are several deals like that for brand new G37s because of end of year clearance and dealer cash. So that was pretty factual. Plus, nobody stated that rear wheel drive cars are just as good as front wheel drive cars in the snow. The statement was that a rear wheel drive car with all the traction control systems offered today with dedicated SNOW tires can be just as good or better than some front wheel driven cars. That's pretty well documented by a lot of professional reviews. In fact, many(see, I qualified it) articles state that a car(either rear or front driven) can actually outperform a 4 wheel drive system if the snow tires are used versus all season.

I know it takes a couple of extra keystrokes to qualify statements that you don't know to be an absolute fact but if you do it you don't end up with so many people questioning the accuracy of your posts. A lot of what we talk about in here are our opinions and our best guesses. I enjoy the back and forth and wish people wouldn't get so excited that they can't express themselves in a civil tone and I am not aiming that comment at you or anyone in particular.
  • mpobletempoblete Member Posts: 10
    Well said, I'm just tired of people digging into facts about this or that, the guy likes the G37 so he should go to that forum, or maybe to the Mercedes E-Class forum and see how they will say the G37 is a piece of junk is compared to the E-Class.
    edited April 2010
    perhaps I'm a little defensive toward our long-time members, and toward the contributions to this helpful, long-running discussion. I think most people who contribute to this discussion are very knowledgeable and helpful, and I have a lack of appreciation for "newbies" who jump in and immediately begin deriding the "lack of facts" or the information, in general, provided in this topic.

I probably could've been nicer, or more restrained, and for that I apologize. However, keep in mind there are nicer ways to correct whatever one feels is misinformation than to deride the entire discussion.

Let's DO stick to the sedans mentioned in the discussion header, or at least those in the same class.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    I don't believe the 5.5 sec 0 to 60. When every magazine and CR is reporting that number on a consistent basis without the worry of a one shot launch trashing the tranny, I'll believe it.
    Agreed and I, for one, do appreciate that you are looking to keep the discussion cordial and interesting......and on topic. Although most of us have slipped up in that area from time to time but hopefully without alienating anyone.
    edited April 2010
    I don't think we can compare prices paid for any car, because Hyundai has been giving some pretty nice discounts as well. We don't know what people will pay for the 2011 Sonata SE Turbo but since discounts have been $2K-3K off MSRP on the 2.4L engine it's possible that a turbo SE could be had for around $22K, but it's hard to speculate on that since they are not out yet. The only fair comparison of price is the MSRP unless there is some abnormally large discounts being offered.

And yes, buying a set of dedicated snow tires for a RWD car might might it manageable in the snow, but there are a lot of modifications that will improve any car. I plan to get really good performance tires when the time comes and I have a cold air intake and am putting a strut bar on my Sonata, but that doesn't mean that all Sonata's will perform the same. We can't have a fair discussion of "X vehicle with this and that aftermarket improvement will perform better than the way the vehicle is manufactured".

The general rule is that it goes AWD>FWD>RWD in terms of performance in the snow. If the AWD vehicle put snow tires on, it would of course have better traction than either a front-drive Sonata or rear-drive G37. The line about "everyone above the Mason-Dixon line" was a tongue-and-cheek statement which was not meant to be taken literally, but I can tell you certainly don't see many RWD as anyone's daily-use car here in NY for that very reason.

As far as the starting MSRP of $34,000, I have never considered a rear-drive Infiniti for the reasons above, so the AWD models I have seen all start in the high 30's/low 40's (although apparently they are not making AWD anymore? I couldn't find the info on the AWD models.) The MSRP range on cars.com is $34K-$53K .. so while yes, you could get the base sedan with no options, I think $40K is probably the average of what the G37 goes for or close to it. I stand corrected that there are some that are not quite that expensive, and are a decent value in terms of performance vs. cost if you don't mind losing some amenities in their base model. Personally I love both of these cars and did not mean to start a direct comparison between the same two - they are not even in the same class and I think we all acknowledge that.

Now lets go back to talking about how we hate Toyota or something, come on guys. ;)
    apparently they are not making AWD anymore?

They make tons of them and that is what is mostly sold around Chicago to add to your point about the snow. It's just called the G37x and there is tons of info out there and they go from about 35k-39k street price......the higher being with nav.

Anyway, I won't go back to hating Toyota because #1. I have a Tundra and rather like it and #2. I don't think the Camry is a bad car, jist kind of long in the tooth, not quite what I would like to drive and they have let their quality slip some but not to the extent the news media has insinuated IMO. My daughter has a Camry and loves it. She hasn't had any major problems to date and she's an on-road sales rep so she logs a lot of miles, it's a 2007. She's only lost control of it a few times but she says that keeps life interesting. ;);)
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    edited April 2010
    She's only lost control of it a few times but she says that keeps life interesting.

That's a joke, right?

Edit:
    I just saw this double post. Don't know why it happened. I apologize.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    She's only lost control of it a few times but she says that keeps life interesting.

That's a joke, right?
    Yes, a joke. I have limited ability at humor.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2010
    would you rather have this:

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Or this:

2011 Suzuki Kizashi

Come on, I want an enencumbered response by Metallica's pseudo-rock or Dennis Rodman's tats. I want a response of intelligence. Think.

This car looks so hot and sexy I'd consider a purchase of a white Suzuki Kizashi Sport. And white is usually not an option for a car that's fortunate enough ta be picked by me.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

edited April 2010
    looks both hot and sexy slinking around a corner street.

Remember, this midsize racecar comes with a 6-speed manual tranny. Umm!

YUMMY! Picture Jim Carrey when the defrocked Dolphin placekicker's Mom offers Ace Ventura her delicious cookies baked in to the shape of a football.

YUMMY!

Everything in the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi's interior is intuitive and functional. Attractive inside. For me the interior is very close to perfect.

edited April 2010
    yumm-yummm-yummy!

This is just like the one I entered in to negotiations for at Courtesy Imports of Henderson, NV. Only the Vivid Red Kizashi was a 2010 Kizashi GTS and this one is the new Sport model. They wouldn't match all of my stipulations, can't say as I blame them. So I'm still Kizashi-less.

The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport comes out in August of 2010 as a 2011 model. Nice looking hindquarters, huh? And those new wheels designed for the Sport are working just fine for me, too. Not unlike the OKC Thunder's near toppling of the LAL's in LA last night. Great job by the young and very talented Thunder.

edited April 2010
    2010 Suzuki Kizashi style.

6-speed manual transmission Suzuki Kizashi GTS in beautiful Platinum Silver Metallic.

Kind of a beefier more in your face Jetta. Just a delicious slice a Kizashi there, gentlemen.

Get yer motor runnin', head out on the highway!

edited April 2010
    that's what I'm talkin' about.

But where the Kizashi’s ‘sport’ designation really comes into play is in the twisties. Thanks to a sports tuned suspension and a super-stiff chassis – as well as a curb weight of just over 3,200 pounds – the Kizashi is easily the most athletic car in its class, and even a few rungs up. How do we know? We tested the Kizashi on Virginia International Raceway against competitors like the Mazda Mazda6, Nissan Altima, and Subaru Legacy, and even some cars a few classes up like the Volkswagen Passat CC, Acura TSX and Audi A4.

Suzuki engineers worked closely with KYB to design a suspension setup uniquely tailored to the Kizashi and they simply nailed it. Driving the Kizashi back-to-back with the TSX through a 60mph emergency lane change made the Acura feel totally out of shape. And that’s saying a lot considering how well the TSX drives.

Out on the open track, the Kizashi continued to shine. Not surprising considering the Kizashi spent most of its early life on Germany’s famed Nurburgring. That track time really comes through as the Kizashi is a blast to throw around in the corners. Turn in is great and the Kizashi is an extremely well-balanced front-drive car, exhibiting virtually zero understeer and hardly any body roll. The Kizashi’s brakes are equally impressive and are a result of a tie-up with Akebono – the company responsible for making the brakes for Japan’s bullet trains.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/suzuki-kizashi-first-drive-review.html

Yeeeee-haaaaaaaawwww!

• plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    The only real problem that I see with the car is.. front wheel drive like virtually every last car out of Japan. The ad on their site is comparing themselves shamelessly to Mercedes and BMW, and calling it a luxury sport sedan.

Um.. no. Nice midsize sedan, but not close to the major players. Now, the real killer deal out there in that segment is the new Genesis sedan. The coupe is a steal, and if you can live with 2 less doors, just get it instead over the Suzuki.
    I think almost everyone chose #1, why do you keep posting comparison pictures of the Sukuzi Kizashi? It has it's strong points, but having a better looking exterior than the new Sonata is definitely not one of them.
    edited April 2010
    The real problem with the car is that they have made a "sports sedan" with 180 HP.. that is not a sports sedan. Anyone shopping in that segment could just save themselves some money and get a Mitsubishi Lancer or something, they are close to the same size anyways.
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    I was trying to be kind, but, yeah, it really reminds me of the type of worthless(other word comes to mind) marketing that Kia used to do back when they first started.
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    That might be the most boring looking, round econobox I've ever seen. The red interior highlights are gross.

They should stick to motorcycles.
    Thinking straight, or just thinking at all, I'd take the Sonata. Subjectively, it offers better styling and a stronger brand image. Objectively it offers more room, better power, better MPG, and a much wider dealer network.

For me the choice would be pretty clear, as the above-average looking Hyundai appears the better buy over the completely average-looking Kizashi.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    edited April 2010
    Come on, I want an enencumbered response by Metallica's pseudo-rock or Dennis Rodman's tats. I want a response of intelligence. Think.

Actually, it appears that you want everyone to agree with you--thus you continue to badger the rest of the forum with the same question and the same pictures, over and over and over again. You won't rest until you have been proven right, about something that has no right answer. That's the only response you'll consider intelligence.

Jeez, give it a rest, will you?
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    I agree, that interior is FUGLY.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Well, I liked the looks of the Kizashi better, but now I am starting to question my judgement.

First of all, I already had to question the opinion of anyone who "luved" the Kia Sephia. While I did like the looks of that car, as soon as I actually got in one and drove it, I realized it was terrible.

Now, I find I am agreeing with someone who posts things like "I want an enencumbered response by Metallica's pseudo-rock or Dennis Rodman's tats". :sick:
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    First, many thanks for keeping the pics right-sized for the forum. I didn't have to use Adblock to block too-wide images. Of course, Edmunds could make the image width problem go away if they would simply move their menus from the right to the left, but until their web developers better understand UI design we're stuck with what we have.

Second, as a satisfied Hyundai owner (wife has an '01 Elantra) I have a bias towards Hyundai products.

That said, I agree with thegraduate's comments. The Sonata has better power & better fuel economy in a larger package. That larger package should mean better passenger/cargo flexibility when needed.

Performance-wise, I shrug. They're both adequate. The Kizashi may be more fun in the twisties but in my daily driving life I would have few opportunities to put that to the test. Marketing statements aside, at least until the turbo Sonata debuts neither would seriously be considered a sports sedan by the public. Sporty, perhaps, but not sports.

Regarding the brands, Suzuki's reputation has not been seen as improving that I'm aware of, whereas Hyundai's generally has been getting better every year for the past decade. Hyundai has been growing; Suzuki shrinking.

I have few concerns about buying from a smaller brand (I bought an Outlander a few months ago) as long as I think the brand is here for the long haul. Frankly, I'm not about Suzuki's ability to survive. Five years from now they may be the next Isuzu.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    OK, the first few were cute, but really, we're now duplicating content already in the Kizashi discussion. I can understand how a person becomes obsessed with vehicles (um... that's most of us, eh?), but let's not pull the overkill switch in here.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Well putting aside the fact that the poster is intentionally going overboard....

The Kizashi looks nice from the back, ok from the side and awful from the front. So it's a butterface car. I think the interior looks solid though, not bad. Purely based on aesthetics the Sonata crushes it though. No two ways about it. That silver looks great.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Living in the land where there is no snow and where an Infinity G37 costs less to own and maintain than a Toyota Camry I see your point. But for the rest of us living in climates where there were some major snowstorms the Genesis really isn't a steal. And, please, don't even start with the snow tires stuff.
    This past winter has turned me off owning another RWD sedan - it was our 3rd snowiest winter on record, and my car was a no-go for days, and once, weeks, at a time. Studies can tell me they're just fine, and some of the vehicles are pretty tempting, but right now RWD is a dealbreaker for me.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Purely based on aesthetics the Sonata crushes it though. No two ways about it.

C'mon, that is just a silly statement. Of course there are many "ways" when it come to aesthetics. It is possible for a human (at least one, me) to look at that Sonata and think: "eeew, yuck, I don't like the looks of that at all".
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    Kinda makes you wonder how people ever were able to get around in the winter before 1963 or so! It's all technique, if you know how to do it, it's really not a problem. And yes, if you live in a snowy area, you should be using snow tires.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I didn't own my first FWD car until 1985 (Civic)... and that was when I lived in TX. Before that, I drove for over 10 years in MN winters in RWD cars--no ABS, no traction control, no M+S tires. Maybe a sandbag in the trunk. More recently, I owned a 328Ci and found winter driving no problem at all, especially with its ABS and traction control. Now, if I lived in a rural area, it would be a different story. I'd probably drive a Subaru.
  • j2jj2j Member Posts: 147
    "The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport comes out in August of 2010 as a 2011 model. Nice looking hindquarters, huh? And those new wheels designed for the Sport are working just fine for me, too."

The hindquarters are OK (tho, a bit too bulbous); the problem is the front fascia which is bland bordering on ugly (too bad the front of the production model looks nothing like the gorgeous concept).

Anyway, by all accounts the Kizashi is a fun drive, but it is a tweener w/ regard to size - not quite fitting in either the compact or mid-size categories.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    Kinda makes you wonder how people ever were able to get around in the winter before 1963 or so! It's all technique, if you know how to do it, it's really not a problem. And yes, if you live in a snowy area, you should be using snow tires.

There are many things we were able to survive without that I wouldn't want to live without. Things such as the telephone, airplanes, the Internet and dare I say cars themselves. Mankind survived before their advent. That doesn't mean we want to revert back to those times.

I drove a taxi in Chicago winter weather in RWD cars. Even with dedicated snows, it wasn't fun. I have no ambition to go back to those days.
    but it is a tweener w/ regard to size - not quite fitting in either the compact or mid-size categories

Nothing really wrong with that, in fact it could be a draw to a lot of people that think midsize cars are getting a little oversized. I think the car is attractive as I have always liked the look of the front end of the Jetta which it resembles. There are other things I don't like about the car though. The big "S" on the front and steering wheel and the huge side mirrors remind me of Dumbo.

I've read it handles very nicely and the interior is fairly nice and it comes well equipped for a reasonable price. But, like others, the dealership network stinks and I would be afraid of resale. If you keep it 10 years resale doesn't really matter but I would be afraid to take a chance on a brand new model and believe that I would love it enough to keep it 10 years.