Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I'll stick with the EPA numbers for comparison purposes. Most vehicles if driven normally will meet or beat the EPA numbers. They got so beat up prior to the 2008 reality check that the revised numbers are fairly easy to beat unless you drive like a jackrabbit. It's really not anything special to any particular vehicle IMO.
  • cannon3cannon3 Member Posts: 296
    Just took our 2006 Fusion SEL V6 on a long road trip. Car has about 72,000 miles and with an average speed of 75MPH, and A/C on once in a while I was able to pull down almost 28MPG. This is now considered to be an "old" V6.. I was happy. :shades:
  • luckysevenluckyseven Member Posts: 134
    edited July 2011
    Few days ago I took 2011 Camry LE V6 with 1500 miles on the ODO, on a long trip. Had 4 adults and trunk full of luggage, A/C on all the time speed was about 75MPH+. Got 31.5 MPG. Waiting to see all new 2012 Camry soon.
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    ...yesterday and found it a pleasant car. Styling more understated than say a Sonata, and appears well made. Driving impressions are that it's very competetive with the others in the 4-door 4-cyl, low-to-mid-20K MSRP group that has gotten very crowded, but I wouldn't say it stands out. Acceleration seems about average for the group, which is weak but will be acceptable to most people for the price. Unfortunate that the 2.0T is not even an option. It may well be a completely different car with the 3.6. Certainly one to consider in this class. It appears that Volkswagen took aim at the CamCord and got there.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    When I need to rent a car, I usually rent a Camry, which gives me 30mpg overall. The Camry is an excellent car to rent, fuel efficient and comfortable. I was seriously thinking about the Camry as my next car. (Car shopping took my to Infiniti and wound up with a G37 however, even though I'm a BMW guy.)

The last time I rented however, I chose a Sonata, which was a 2011 model. In my next post I'll go through my impressions of it, I had it for three weeks so had an opportunity to really be with the car. The car would not have made my short list.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    Click me!

An ugly blend of TSX, Forte, and Corolla, all rolled into another coma-inducing Buick-wannabe.

Fail... Again...
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Even the interior shot of the IP is gross. Yuck.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Agreed, fugly. Your comment on the Buick, funny, one of the images had a link to great prices on 2011 Buicks.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Actually, I think the outside is better than the current generation but the inside seems to be a mess.
    edited August 2011
    These are poor quality pictures. I'll wait to see better ones before I decide. Lot of Camry haters "in here" versus "out there" and would say the same if the car looked great. Based on what I do see in these pics it doesn't appear the exterior has been made much better or worse...just different. The exterior and drivetrain never bothered me as much as it bothered a lot of people. The interior is where they really needed to step up their game and it's hard to tell if quality stuff is present and the pics don't really give a good view IMO. Have to wait for better pics and touchy feely to pass judgement.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The interior photos aren't very good but they are clear enough to show a clunky design that reminds me of the '80s. Toyota should look at cars like the Optima, Sonata, Mazda6, and Regal to see what a well-executed dash looks like.

Exterior-wise, it's a big yawn. The roofline is like the pre-2007 Camry's. Front is familiar, and not ugly but no new ground there. Rear looks like a cross between the new Civic and the 2011 Accord. Nothing very interesting, more like the new Passat than more imaginative designs like the (see list above).

But Toyota will sell millions of them.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    The 2012 has aged nicely and I think it looks great...good job Toyota! Somehow, I think it'll remain the best selling car in America...again.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Yeah, I know what you mean about the interior. I didn't have much of a problem with the actual design of the old interior, just the crappy materials. Fake chrome that scratched off easily, cheap plastics and the switchgear wasn't as good as it used to be. Even the cloth seats, headliner and visors seemed cheap. The dash does look a little strange but the poor image quality may add to that "clunky" look. Then again maybe not. I really need to see better pics to really get a feel for it. There have been cars where the early pics were terrible and the cars ended up looking pretty nice IMO.

I remember when the early pics of the new Sonata came out and people were all screaming that it looked like melted butter and now dmost think they look great....myself included.
    I always thought the new Sonata looked good. The new Camry looks more like the previous gen Sonata. Not terrible, but bland. Bland used to sell very well in this class. But recent designs have shown buyers like a little pizzaz in their appliance cars.
    edited August 2011
    I always thought the new Sonata looked good.

So did I but I'm sure you remember all the negative comments about the styling early on. I think the new Passat is kind of bland but I really like the styling of it. It is euro and the kind of styling that will look good for a long time. While the new Sonata looks really good now, I do wonder how the styling will wear a few years down the road. I think the Optima styling will be longer lasting.

Nice to see some activity on this midsize sedans forum. Ever since the so called "upgrade" it has been deader than dead.
    It's indeed nice to see activity here again, partly what I wanted to accomplish by posting the article... :)

Since I bought my '10 Mazda6, there has been a few new competitors, and the segment has indeed shifted IMO. The Sonata has polarizing styling, you either like it or hate it, at least exterior-wise. I personally am not a big fan, and IMO the Elantra is worse, simply because it doesn't look any different. I understand the concept of brand identity, but WTF?

The Optima OTOH, that's a great looker, and of the Korean twins, Kia has the better looks both inside and out.

Either way, IMO the Koreans have really stepped up their game.

I'll mention the Regal, since it's also new, and it's a Saturn Aura in a different dimension. :) Powertrains aren't class-leading, but the styling is euro-nice, if that's a word, and it's given new life to Buick dealers. The new '12 Malibu seems promising, although I really have to see the Camaro-inspired tail in person to make a final decision.

Disappointments? The Passat. One word, cheap. Inside, outside, it's VW catering to the lowest common denominator, something the Camry has done for years, and IMO it's terrible. Except the TDI, powertrains aren't very inspiring either (a 5-cylinder, really? IIRC, the last 5-cyl was the Acura Vigor, and that didn't exactly set sales records). The last-gen Passat looked more modern, had better interiors, and actually had character. the new one has none of those, which means it'll sell well, just like the Camry.

Altima, Accord, Fusion, Legacy? Umm, lets wait for the redesigns.

My 6? Still love it! The interior is still one of the best-in-class, despite being three years old. The exterior is still eye-pleasing to me, and after 15K miles of commuting, people-hauling, stuff-hauling, and a few road trips with 8+ hours per day of driving, it's been flawless.

The midsize sedan market is VERY hot right now IMO, but the Camry will still outsell everyone else, since vanilla still outsells all other ice cream flavors... :sick:
    Yep, that Elantra (mid-sized interior) is really awful looking... sales through the roof, and named one of the world's ten most beautiful cars.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=1175094#8

I think the Elantra is better looking than the Sonata. But a lot of people like vanilla ice cream, not pistachio. :)
    I like the Elantra better. At first I thought the hood looked a littel stubby but after seeing it on the road it just seems to work better than the Sonata. I like the Optima design better than the Sonata but still like the Sonata.

I like the new Passat and find it to be a lot better looking than the older model. The interior has not been cheapened much at all compared to the way the new Jetta has and the Passat interior still looks and feels a class above.
    I would like the Passat a lot better if it didn't:

1) look like a 10-year-old Impala from the side.
    2) have a barely adequate base engine (2.5L I5) that isn't competitive in fuel economy with today's mid-sized cars.

Actually I like the new Jetta pretty well, trim outside and humongous inside, with an Audi-esque rear. Only the cheap interior materials and the woeful base engine make it a tough car to love.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    I understand the '12 Camry hybrid is supposed to get 40 mpg.

Didn't know they could tweak it that much more.

It just looks like a bloated Corolla to me.

Our Sonata hybrid has been getting mid to high 30s and some 40 mpg tank fulls all summer.
    6,500 miles since purchase 4/29.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in interviewing an individual who recently decided to do routine maintenance or basic car repairs on their own to save money in the struggling economy. The reporter is particularly interested in someone living in California (Southland), but all responses are encouraged. If you would like to comment on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com with your name, location and daytime phone number by 5pm Pacific, Wednesday, August 17, 2011.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Edmunds has their first drive up and some other sites as well. Personally, I like the interior a lot compared to the old. The rear looks ok but I don't car for the front so much. All in all a minor improvedment outside....major improvement inside. From what I've read the interior not only looks better but is made from better materials.

MPG has increased on the I4 to better than the Sonata per EPA and they are getting 30mpg out of the V6! That's pretty good but I realize it's not as good as the turbo I4 in the Hyundai/Kia but then again it's a V6 and it goes NOW. I tend to believe you could attain the EPA numbers with the V6 in the Camry versus the turbo 4 in the Sonata and Optima. From what I've read it is more difficult to achieve those EPA numbrs in the turbos unless you baby them and who wants to do that. Isn't that why you buy more HP for, to give it a go now and then?

All in all a pretty good improvement. Not exciting but then again these are family midsized sedans so exciting is not what they are. You want exciting....buy a Porsche.
  • cannon3cannon3 Member Posts: 296
    It does look like a bloated Corolla. Last I read Camry sales were off 18 percent in comparison to last year this time. Toyota needed to do better and IMO has failed. The styling factor is just not there. Bland, safe, no soul = 2012 Camry...
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    Bland, safe, no soul

Sounds just like the current Malibu...
    I agree it's kind of bland like Malibu, Altima, Accord, Fusion and Legacy and it's pretty safe too but they have addressed, it appears, the main problem they had IMO which was the look and quality of the interior. They also tweaked the suspension for a little better handling which I know probably isn't saying a lot but they don't want to tinker too much. They have a pretty strong fan base that liked bland and safe and a soft ride.

And which I4 auto midsize family sedan that we discuss here do you imagine has soul? Besides being hard to define because I'm sure the definition is different for just about everyone.
  • citimorgancitimorgan Member Posts: 7
    LOL don;t you have better examples?

Optima, Sonata, Mazda6 ...OMG....r u kidding me
    No, I'm not. You forgot Regal though as you were LingOL.

Feel free to give us your examples of the best dashes in this class.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    Just watched a video of the 2012 redesigned Camry. I almost threw up.
    Toyota has already slipped to #3 in sales beaten by GM and VW. By next year they will also be overtaken by the other 2 Koreans KIA and Hyundai. (Considering GM is now number one in sales with a big contribution worldwide from GM Daewoo, another Korean).
    Toyota and Honda seem to have lost the plot. Love the Mazda6. My 09 Mazda 6 still trouble free after 3 years (bought in 08) and 50K miles. Zero warranty repairs. And looks amazing next to a Camry :)
    http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0WTf2uBtVZODk0Aam3tFAx.?ei=U- TF-8&p=2012%20camry%20redesign&rs=0&fr2=tab-img&fr=yfp-t-715
  • rdm925rdm925 Member Posts: 46
    I could not agree more! My 07 Mazda 6 at over 84,000 miles just keeps on humming. Like the energizer bunny. Zoom-Zoom!!
    :shades:
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Toyota has already slipped to #3 in sales beaten by GM and VW

One problem with your thought - the earthquake & sunami is a big reason they slipped to #3 in sales. Honda - same problem. My Honda dealer's lot has been nearly empty for months!!
    Because of inventory shortages Toyota dealers are not too eager to negotiate as they used to. If you go on Toyota buying threads then it is noticeable that people are paying much higher prices then a year ago. Also used Toyota prices significantly higher, I saw people paid for used 2008 Highlander almost same amount that I paid for it brand new 4 years ago. Go check your zoom-zoom resale price, you'll be pleasantly surprised!
  • rdm925rdm925 Member Posts: 46
    I don't give a damn about a Toyota's or my resale value!! I drive a car because I like the way it looks and performs. I plan to keep mine til it is dead and at this rate it will be a long time!!
    Zoom-Zoom :shades:
    I find that counter intuitive to what should be happening. With parts shortages, good luck fixing or servicing your Toyotas. Parts will be on back order for a loong time.
    In the case of the Mazda6 it shares most mechanical parts with one of the best selling midsize cars (Ford Fusion, mercury milan, lincoln MKZ)
    so parts for mazda6 are readily available and dirt cheap.
    In Canada Honda and Toyota dealers still have older models with zero kilometers still on dealers lots. Really good deals to be had if you can tolerate driving a camry or accord
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    With parts shortages, good luck fixing or servicing your Toyotas. Parts will be on back order for a loong time.

That's the great thing about owning a quality durable car like a Toyota, you never need replacement parts because the originals never break.

A Toyota with a back ordered replacement part just never happens, unless you are trying to cure something like driver error or pedal misapplication which causes Unintended acceleration! :P ;)
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Toyotas break down, just less then other makes. No owner complained so far to shortage of parts.

Here is a couple of 2012 Camry video reviews for Toyota haters
    Review 1

Review 2
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    edited August 2011
    Even though we own a Mazda 3s, it has been the most reliable car we've ever owned. And we've owned GM, have a Hyundai and also have owned or own from all of the Japanese brands. Must say my current Civic has been pretty great also, but the Mazda is so much better. The Mazda brand is a real sleeper and hopefully more people will buy their cars...great products!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

In the case of the Mazda6 it shares most mechanical parts with one of the best selling midsize cars (Ford Fusion, mercury milan, lincoln MKZ)
    so parts for mazda6 are readily available and dirt cheap.

That's not necessarily true anymore, at least with the current-gen 6. The 1st-gen was very mechanically similar to the Fusion/Milan twins. With the 2nd-gen redesign, the common mechanical parts have dropped, and will go away altogether when the Fusion switches to the Mondeo platform.

As for difficulty in getting Mazda parts, I can only tell you that when I ran into a deer with my '04 a few years ago, the body shop had to order the hood and front bumper protector, since there were none available within 250 miles, so it took a few extra days to finish the repair.

Mechanically, I don't know. Besides the regular maintenance items (pads, rotors, wipers), and a gas cap for my '04, neither the '04 nor the '10 has needed any warranty or non-warranty repair.
    I have a 07 Mazda6 and it has been bulletproof so far. I also have a 7 yr old Tundra that, save for one warranty repair, has also been bulletproof. They are both very dependable brands. All these children that thump their chests by bashing Toyota relentlessly get real boring after awhile. Toyota isn't cutting edge on design, tends to be conservative and have made some mistakes. What auto maker hasn't? They also have made an awful lot of very popular and dependable cars/trucks.

I really think if Toyota had come out with a car that looked exactly like the Sonata or the Optima before Hyundai/Kia did, these people would still be saying that they are the ugliest things made. There are plenty of plain jane midsize cars out there besides the Camry.
    seem to have a very short memory. have we forgotten about the infamous sludge problem where Toyota engines were left with no oil, or how about the six speed transmission problems in camry and lexus, also forgot about that. or how how about the radio and suspension problems in the rav4, oops forgot about that too. Unexplained computer glitches blamed on brake pedals and floor mats. Yep, Toyotas never break. Go with that :)
    2 things caught my attention from those 2 reviews, the cameo appearance of the sonata in the first one, damn that car is sexy, and tiffany in the second review :)
    I do have to agree that the interior of the new camry is way better than outgoing model, which just looked and felt like plastics from a dollar store.
    There's a few plain-jane mid-sized cars, the new Passat probably the worst offender in addition to the Camry. But why did Toyota have to make the new Camry look soooo boring, resembling the likes of the Kia Forte? (Except the Forte has more interesting character lines.)

The new styling is particularly puzzling in light of comments like this (from C/D, Sep. 2011, emphasis added by me):

A redesigned Camry arrives later this year. Details are scant, but as Toyota has already given it a six-speed autobox, plus the newer 2.5-liter four-cylinder, the redesign will focus on styling. That comes per company president Akio Toyoda's mandate to add verve to the Toyota products.

If this is Toyota's idea of "verve", I'd hate to see what they think is "boring". :surprise:
    Sludge problem is very well documented issue and the way Toyota handled it initially is a real turn off. To Toyota's credit they eventually took care about this problem by repairing engines free of charge. 6 speed transmission problem was apparent on early production vehicles and was covered by factory warranty. As far as "Unexplained computer glitches", completely baseless - nothing then extortion attempt by individuals and UAW.

Read

Transportation secretary Ray LaHood said, “We enlisted the best and brightest engineers to study Toyota’s electronics system, and the verdict is in. There is no electronic-based cause for unintended, high-speed acceleration in Toyotas.”

linky
    I've driven several mid-sized and near-mid-sized (mid-sized interior) rentals lately. Here's some thoughts:

* Fusion seemed the most solid and quiet. It didn't hurt it was a well-optioned SEL I4 with leather vs. lower trims on the other cars, but it had a smoothness to it I did not feel on the other cars, including the Sonata. Just a very pleasant car to drive.

* Sonata was pleasant enough and returned very good FE for its size, e.g. 20 mpg in extreme city driving conditions vs. 16 in similar conditions for the Fusion. The dash was more modern than the Fusion's, and although it was a base GLS with no options, it was plenty of car for the money. The only downside was it seemed a little noiser and "thinner" than the Fusion. The 198 hp engine had lots of pep, however, and handling was good for its size.

* Camry was... well, the best I can say for it was it was the best Toyota I've rented in recent years. But since the other Toyotas I've rented (Yaris, Corolla, Matrix) were abysmal, that isn't saying much. Ride was smooth and the V6 engine peppy. But there were several squeaks/rattles and the interior finishes were cheap looking/feeling. The new Camry can't come soon enough. The new LE Hybrid looks particularly interesting... about $26k list for a well-equipped hybrid with over 40 mpg city. Should be very popular.

* The Jetta was an SE with the 2.5L and 6AT. Although it lists for about the same money as a car like the Sonata GLS, I found it a totally unremarkable car with nothing positive that stood out with the exception of a well-contoured driver's seat (but leatherette, which was sweaty in the hot summer weather). The dash doesn't look all that bad but one touch tells you VW has cut costs on the new Jetta. Response is sluggish, as if it has to think about whether it wants to go when you step on the gas. Ride is OK except on some concrete freeway road surfaces, where I found there was a resonance in the chassis that was very unpleasant. FE wasn't that good, and there's no mpg computer to tell you how bad it is. Handling is OK but not exceptional--no better than the Fusion or Sonata. Rear seat and trunk are roomy for its size, but the Sonata is roomier for the same money. I rented it as an experiment, but will steer clear of them for future rentals.

* The Elantra GLS (no options) was also a very pleasant rental--roomy, comfortable, nice looking inside and out, peppy enough (no speedster of course), decent handling, excellent FE (27 mpg in extreme city driving). A good alternative to people looking for a car that can hold four adults in comfort yet get excellent fuel economy in a trimmer package.

* Altima is a nice enough car, with good handling and a comfortable ride. But the rear seat isn't that roomy and the dash isn't up to par with some newer models e.g. Optima and Sonata. An Elantra would provide nearly as much room with much better FE at lower cost.

* The aging Sentra (getting a lot of these at Hertz lately) has some nice attributes, including good highway FE (touches 40 under favorable conditions @ 65 mph), a relatively smooth and quiet ride, and a roomy back seat for a small car (mid-sized interior). Also a well-laid out interior with humongous glove box and smooth controls. But it needs a more economical engine to compete with the newer compacts, and also needs crisper steering--the electronic steering has no road feel.

Still looking for Optima and Regal rentals. I don't see any/many of those. Lots of Altimas and Malibus and Camrys and Fusions, some Sonatas (fewer now that Hertz doesn't seem to buy Hyundais anymore).
    I can see what you mean but it IS from your perspective. I don't find exterior desgin of the Camry to be that bad(either the old or the 2012) and I actually like the way the new Passat looks...I think the design has staying power. I like the Sonata and Optima a lot as far as the exterior looks go also. Probably the only midsize car I think is ugly at this time is the Malibu....just something about the overall shape and rear end that I realy don't like plus I didn't like driving it as a rental.

I guess the exterior design, unless it's really gaudy or something is just not that big of concern to me. Can't see it when I'm driving it and don't particularly care what others think. I do like a high grade interior with bells and whistles though. Looks or design are just so subjective that it is hardly worth discussing.
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    Backy - thanks for the insight into the rentals. I'm going to be traveling quite a bit over the next few months and will try to provide some rental reports as well.
    If looks are hardly worth discussing, why do automakers pay so much attention to it? OK... SOME automakers.

I think the design (of the Passat) has staying power.

I suppose so... the exterior design of the Chevy Impala, to which the new Passat bears a strong resemblance, certainly has had staying power over the years.

It used to be, ALL mid-sized family sedans had boring styling. Then some automakers shook things up a bit, made life more interesting for mid-sized sedan buyers. As long as a car isn't downright ugly (see Kia Soul or Nissan Cube for examples), I can live with it. It's nice to have some choices in this segment that are visually interesting though.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    * Fusion seemed the most solid and quiet. It didn't hurt it was a well-optioned SEL I4 with leather vs. lower trims on the other cars, but it had a smoothness to it I did not feel on the other cars, including the Sonata. Just a very pleasant car to drive.

When I had the 09 Camry, and looked at the 10 Fusion, the difference between material quality was quite apparent. The Fusion was hands down far better quality overall in materials. I hated the handling in the Camry, soft, mushy, heavy body roll on turns. The body styling was OK, it had a nice stance to it from the front, but the nose where the badge is reminded me of Jimmy Durante with how it bulged out.

My only complaint with my Fusion is the door handles, you would think after 5+ years they would have resolved the door handle breakage problem. They are weak where the spring is and tend to break right there. My drivers door handle broke last week. Thankfully it is an easy fix, and the handle is under $40.

One other thing, the tires it came with, lousy wet weather traction, and very easy to spin on dry pavement, but they were quiet. I replaced them with Goodyear GT's and they tend to be noisy on Concrete. This may have been the problem with the VW you drove. Traction though is great with the new tires so I will take the noise knowing the car will stick to the road now.
    The problem with the Jetta had nothing to do with the tires. It was something related to the suspension, maybe tied to the wheelbase. Whatever it was, there was a strange vibration/resonance (NOT tire noise) when driving over a lot of the concrete freeways in the Chicago area. Never occurred on blacktop or some of the concrete freeways. I've seen this kind of thing before but it's been a long time since I experienced it. It is a Blocker issue for me for a car. But then, it was probably clear I didn't see much else worth buying in the Jetta. Maybe with the turbodiesel it's a different car. But also more expensive.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Havent posted in a while so not sure if I mentioned, but my beautiful brand new Spicy Red Kia Optima SX was rear ended by a dopey girl on her cell phone. I've been without it for a month now due to scarce parts, and I miss it desperately. She did quite a number on it, rather depressing.

I've had to use rentals and most of them feel like driving an old couch. A Seabring, a Sentra and a Cobalt so far. Boring, horrible interiors and no driving dynamics. I do get the appeal of the soft ride, I like the idea of a smooth driving cruiser. A Lexus or Mercedes, soft and quiet certainly has it's appeal. In this class though it just translates to cheap for me.

Also on the subject of midsized, I have to say I underestimated the new Jetta in terms of styling. I've seen a few in person and they look very nice. No idea how they drive but I like the look much better than the last iteration.
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    Which trim/engine do you have and which tires did yours come with acdii? Our '11 SEL I4 came with Michelin Energy tires and they are great on dry and web pavement. Snow will be coming in a few months so we'll see how they do there.