Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Stereo and Radio Problems

houtexdrivehoutexdrive Member Posts: 1
I just purchased a 2007 Pathfinder SE with the comfort & convenience packages. I have the Bose 10-speaker stereo with Sirius Radio.

The sounds quality when I play CDs is excellent - comparable what I had in my Acura TSX. However, when I listen to Sirius, the quality dimisnshes somewhat. It has that 'tinny' MP3-like sound to it. I think that it mostly due to it being just satellite radio.

My FM sound quality is even worse. It's horrible. I'm getting fine reception, but for some reason the sound quality isn't crisp or clean at all. I've tried balancing the sound in many different ways and it doesn't help much. Has anyone else had this problem? Is the radio just a crappy radio? I would expect better from a $30K vehicle with an upgraded BOSE stereo.

Comments

• limelightlimelight Member Posts: 3
    I have the 2007 LE, and its sound system is also uneven in quality. The best sound I seem to get is from an iPod plugged into the AUX jack. Otherwise, it's kinda lame for the money and what you'd expect for a 10 speaker Bose system, I agree.
  • nissansellernissanseller Member Posts: 1
    when changing from XM th FM the volume has a huge increase.

Any adjusment available?

nissanseller
  • cyberoptiqcyberoptiq Member Posts: 3
    bought the PF used, 1 owner with 151K and the BOSE stereo volume really sucks...it doesn't go very loud...is this standard of the BOSE system or is there a way to crank it up more?? Thanks!!
  • 99accent99accent Member Posts: 237
    my 2003 pathfinder has a driver side front door intermittent speaker, if I tap the side with my foot it comes on again for a while, I want to get inside the door to the speaker wires and check them but I have no clue if the bottom of the door has snaps you pull out or what, can any one that has removed the lower panel let me know whats the way to do this?
  • danpf1danpf1 Member Posts: 89
    I have a 2001 LE pathfinder, the CD changer has a erra2 read out. Can't get it load, eject or play CD's, always get erra2. Does any one know what this code means and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dan
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2012
    Try pulling the fuse(s).

Some of these tips may "reset" it, even though there's no CD in the changer. But players seem to reset easier than changers.

How to Remove a Stuck CD
  • danpf1danpf1 Member Posts: 89
    Jest got to the forum today. I have a Bose Clarion 6 disc cd changer, will try some of the tips tomorrow, thanks.

regards,
    Dan
  • scorpiogirlscorpiogirl Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Nissan Pthfinder SE and my radio was working fine till about 2 weeks ago. As soon as i started my vehicle the radio would shut off. I then turned it back on and it erased all my saved stations. Was doing that for about two weeks then the last time it did it my radio screen is blank and I cant turn off the radio, the volume control on it dont work nor am I able to change stations on it. I am however able to use the steering column to change from FM 1, FM2, AM, Tape CD changer and change the volume. I've checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes, none are blown but some do look singed on the tips. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem cause the one radio station I do get is starting to get annoying :-).
  • mcjazzzymcjazzzy Member Posts: 62
    Hi Everyone!

My husband and I just bought a 2002 Pathfinder and we took home, everything was in perfect running order. I parked it in the driveway, and the next time I got in to use it, turned on the radio and there was no audio. The lights are on, CD changer is playing, radio is playing, volume is up but no sound.

Does anyone know what we can do from home to fix this problem?
    Thanks.
  • rascal26rascal26 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have no idea whether or not you ever found an answer to this question but I'm having the same problem. If anyone can help answer this it sure would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
  • skubsskubs Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 pathfinder and I have this problem on all the door speakers only the ones by the windows work. I took off the door panel and the speaker is in great condition. These speakers work once in a blue moon and sometimes if I hit the side they will work. I went to a car shop and the guy said that it might be the radio itself and I might have to change all the speakers but I thinks he just wants to add all new speakers and take as much money as possible. I also took out the radio and the wires and everything was in place.
  • spm10spm10 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 PF. I'm only getting sound from tweeters, and none from other speakers. Is this a radio issue? Amplifier? Speakers? Before I lost sound from them completely, other speakers worked occasionally.
  • sramosramo Member Posts: 2
    99accent said:

my 2003 pathfinder has a driver side front door intermittent speaker, if I tap the side with my foot it comes on again for a while, I want to get inside the door to the speaker wires and check them but I have no clue if the bottom of the door has snaps you pull out or what, can any one that has removed the lower panel let me know whats the way to do this?

• sramosramo Member Posts: 2
    Had the same problem with my 2000 Pathfinder. I found a loose on the harness that plugs on the back of the radio. Make sure your harness connections are tight so they can slide into the radio tight.