Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda CR-V Car Wash and Antenna

stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
edited March 2014 in Honda
Haven't taken new CRV to Auto car wash yet. Is that Antenna ok to leave on?

Comments

• crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    I remember reading a post somewhere awhile back. That poster stated the antenna "unscrews" so you can remove it for car wash. I personnally hand wash mine so have not looked into this but check it out he may be right!!! :)
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    Good memory. Thanks. In October somebody said it says in the owner's manual to unscrew it for car wash. Between the owner's manual, Nav system manual and other books, I don't have the time to read them. I'm waiting for the movie to come out.
    Thanks again.
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The manual says--just to play it safe I'd guess--to remove it. The CR-V is shipped with a plastic cap that snaps over the antenna base fitting. It's just the thing to add a measure of protection when going through a car wash.

Someone on this thread, I think, said their dealer left it in the glove box. I went back to mine and asked for it.
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The manual says--just to play it safe I'd guess--to remove it. The CR-V is shipped with a plastic cap that snaps over the antenna base fitting. It's just the thing to add a measure of protection when going through a car wash.

Someone on a CR-V thread said their dealer left it in the glove box. I went back to mine and asked for it.
    I hear all the critics are saying the movie is oscar material... I can't wait to see it for myself!!! (lol) What the heck is this "plastic cap" I didn't get one!!... Dam now I have to go back & complain. :mad:
    After your posting I called the service department and they said just unscew antenna and don't worry about plastic cap.
    Movie will be out next month.
    I am patiently awaiting & biting my nails... On line movie sites seem to be in agreement calling it the "blockbuster of the year"... I quote "could outsell star wars"... does this mean we have to wait a year or more for the DVD!! :)
    I think I'll just read the manuals and forget the movie.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I don't have the time to read them. I'm waiting for the movie to come out.

Isn't the book always better than the movie?

I guess someone should contact Honda and partner them with the publisher of those Books for Dummies, and have an "Owner's Manual for Dummies"

Why would someone spend $25,000 or more on a purchase and not bother reading the operating instructions? I guess some think they know it all and don't need stinking books.
    I thought about not responding to your comments.
    We joined in bantering back and forth and expect a certain amount of sense of humor.
    While I will answer your comments, I feel that you should take my comments about the books in the spirit in which it was given.

Honda does provide a fairly complete summary of what is needed in the wire bound quick start guide. As we already own a TL with the same nav system, it wasn't necessary to reread that guide.
    It took a little while yesterday to find which book had the same paragraph about the antenna.

As far as the comment about the stinking books, that's my business. I thought we were having a lighthearted time yesterday.

Apparently, some people just don't have a sense of humor.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I thought we were having a lighthearted time yesterday.

That's how I took it. In any case, let's move on. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    For what is is worth... I too enjoyed in the bantering back & forth, bluiedgod "IT WAS JUST THAT... SOME SIMPLE FUN AMONG FELLOW POSTERS" I feel no one benefits from your comments, as it seems to be a habit of yours. To all, If you have nothing of benefit to add please refrain from commenting. Thanks in advance.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I feel no one benefits ...

I feel we should move on. Oh, wait, I already said that! Let's please stay on topic. Twice is my limit. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Thank you for your advice. As it turns out, unless you are tall enough, it is difficult to reach up there and remove antenna.
This discussion has been closed.