Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sedona Transmission Problems

theyurostheyuros Member Posts: 5
About 3 weeks ago, while driving out of a parking lot, going maybe 15 MPH, car pulled back suddenly and ck engine light came on. Car was not shifting properly. Drove home (4mi) and left alone until next am. Car drove fine, engine light still on. Drove to my mechanic who pulled a trans code (0200?? Something to do with the Output -or was it input??). He did not clear the code since still under warranty. Made appt next day w/Kia dealer. Next day, ck engine light off. Dealer ck'd and found no problems. Drove fine until last night.

Same problem (and happened at practically same location - will explain later). Drove home, ate dinner. Needed to run errand, so drove it around block (after about an hour of rest) and car drove fine. Ck engine light still on. Drove this morning. Uneventful. Ck engine light finally went off at around 5pm, almost 24 hrs since problem.

I have no clue what the problem is, but I am sure there is one. The 2 times this has happened to me have been after about an hour long drive home from work where I p/u daughter at school and bring to soccer practice. Car sits for about an hour. Both events happened right after soccer practice. The 1st time I was only pulling out, maybe going about 15 mph. Last night, I was cruising down the road for a minute or so, doing about 40-45 mph when car pulled back. The problem with the gears seems like I have no 1st gear (maybe 2nd).

Can anyone shed some light on this?? How can the dearler find NOTHING?? Not even the code, which, as I said, was NOT cleared. Shouldn't they have seen that?

Sorry so long.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• ullmacullmac Member Posts: 1
    Theyuros,
    The same thing happened to my wife's Sedona just a couple of weeks ago. She was on a trip about 100 miles from home and a big "clunk" which sounded like it came from under the car occured. Then the car acted like it was stuck in 3rd gear. She limped in to a transmission shop and turned off the engine. When the mechanic got in to test drive it didn't do the same thing. They kept the car and worked on it, changing an oxygen sensor and tuning things up. They couldn't check the transmission by the computer, because the shop she was at didn't have Kia'a access code. After that it was fine until 1 week later when she was driving on another trip. About 60 miles from home the same thing happened. She had a meeting to attend and when she went to drive home it was fine.

It is comforting to know that at least one other KIA is acting this way, but would be more comforting to know what the problem is???

ULLMac
  • smulveysmulvey Member Posts: 139
    the transmission is from MITSUBISHI.
    The model is F51 i think.

Mine is in a 2002 Sedona LX and I have 98K
    on it with no problems.

many of these computerized transmissions have a
    INPUT sensor ( which is a speed sensor from the wheels or axles)

and an OUTPUT sensor which is a device that drives your dashboard speedometer.

Looking at the DODGE INTERPID Forums ( which I also have ) they talk about losing one or the other sensor and so the computer doesnot know what to do so it limits your forward gears to 1 and 2 or 1-2-3 so you don't overspeed until the car can be fixed.

The sensors run less than $ 50 each.

I imagine you may be into this issue.

A REAL transmission shop may be of service if you are out of warranty. They do still exist.

I have been very happy with my Sedona.
  • bigdawg7299bigdawg7299 Member Posts: 1
    Wish I had seen this earlier. I had the same problem with our (now traded) 02 sedona. The vehicle speed output sensor is bad. Go to KIA spend $200 bucks for it, grab a long extension with a swivel on the end and a 10 mm ( I think...it's been almost a year( the sensor sits on the top of the transmission and is kinda hard to get to. Just a note...when ours did this it would downshift to 3rd gear @ highway speeds...pretty violently and stay there until you truned it off and back on (sometimes). 2 Kia dealers and a MR TRansmission wanted to replace / rebuild the tranny. It took an old timer mom and pop transmission shop to find the problem. Kia wanted $95 to changer the sensor.. my local Potiac dealer did it for $15 in les than 5 minutes. I spent nearly $700 trying to find the problem 9 I knew it was not a mechanical problem)
  • kiagirl29kiagirl29 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Kia van that we brought used less than a year ago. Everything was going fine with it until 4 weeks ago. On our way back home the air conditioning stopped working. Took van to a mechanic and he told us the compressor had gone bad in it. He was unable to fix suggest we take to dealership. Went and picked up van check engine light was on and now van was making a noise. On way to Kia dealership van dies and has to be towed the rest of the way. I received call from dealership that a rod in the motor has broke and now I need a whole new motor $8700.00 I might add. What really upsets me is that the van only has 61,000 miles on it. Kia refuses to cover and we have just came out of warranty at 60,000 miles . Mechanic at dealership has never had a Kia brought in with the motor gone out at 61,000 miles. Mechanic told us that he was going to talk with someone "higher up" with Kia and see if they would "do the right thing" and replace the motor since our van did not have that many miles.
    Has anyone out there ever had this problem? Right now I am not really impressed with Kia and I don't know if I would ever buy another one or not.
    :mad:
  • kistepkistep Member Posts: 15
    I just purchased a 2007 Sedona LX, and noticed something different about how it drives versus the last car I owned.

In the Sedona, I've noticed as I take my foot off the gas and try to coast, I can feel the engine slowing the vehicle more rapidly than I thought was normal. Even on slight downhills, the engine starts to slow the Sedona, rather than let it coast and pick up speed on the hill.

Not sure if this is normal or whether I should be heading back to the dealership ASAP.

Otherwise, have loved the van.

Anyone else notice this, or is this unusual? Thanks!
  • mom11mom11 Member Posts: 1
    My 2 week old Sedona keeps getting stuck in park. I have had it towed to the dealer twice and they can't find anything wrong. Any similar stories?
  • fishbreathfishbreath Member Posts: 58
    To me it seems like if your not going fast enough the tranny won't into the next higher gear even going down hill. (I don't have a problem with that) Now on the flip side if it was free wheeling you would have to down shift or get on the brakes all the time and we all know you don't want to do that. Unless you have a more of a problem. If you have to be on the gas to go down a hill then you might have a problem.
  • bowtiefan1bowtiefan1 Member Posts: 25
    My wife and I are considering the purchase of a '07 Kia Sedona and test drove an LX today. I, too, noticed what you described with your transmission on the tester I drove today. When taking my foot off the gas, the van felt like it was in low gear instead of drive, and as if the engine were braking the car to go slower. It was a weird feeling and unlike the feeling I have in my current vehicles, including my Dodge Caravan. The sales person said this was normal and all Sedona's operated this way. To me, it was very annoying and I am second guessing if I want this van for this reason. It just doesn't feel normal. I also drove an '07 Toyota Sienna and did not experience this engine brake feeling (that van was very peppy and powerful). I would be interested to hear if other ownerns have this concern/experience.
  • woodchuckiewoodchuckie Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an 04 Sedona and was reading the owners manual.Somewhere in there is a section talking about the transmission getting stuck in park. If it won't move with the break pedal depressed It tells how to get it unstuck using a screwdriver behind the gearshift lever. It's on page 4-14 under Driving Your Vehicle. Called Shift-lock override. It says to have it inspected by Kia immediately.
  • woodchuckiewoodchuckie Member Posts: 8
    We just bought an 07 Oddsey in May. and I've noticed the drag you're talking about. I notice because my 86 Pk. Ave. drives different. I'll have to pay more attention but I think it happens after I come to a stop and make a turn and then go down the hill and I'm already in a lower gear. I may not it at highway speeds when I'm in overdrive.
    I've just bought an 04 Sedonna and haven't driven enough to notice anything yet.
  • jmikkelsonjmikkelson Member Posts: 1
    Just got a used '07 Kia on Saturday. Noticed the same thing. Thought it might be the stability control feature on these vans. Turned it off but still does the same thing you're talking about. Guess its just the way they're made.
    Thought I'd let you know, you're not the only one who noticed this.

Jeremy
  • ch8265ch8265 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2002 kia sedona with 59,250 miles and have had the van since Jan 2006. I had to have the alternator replaced about 6 weeks ago and today found out that I have a valve that is bad and needs to be repaired. I noticed the valve issue a couple of days ago due to the smell coming thru the vents and today had issues with the engine pinging and being sluggish during exceleration. Was told that I should not drive the van because the issue could cause the whole engine to seize which will require a new engine then. I also have an issue with the AC not putting out cold air. I love the roominess but hate the issues. By the way, do a google search of 2002 kia sedona recalls. There are 3 recalls. :mad:
  • ch8265ch8265 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2002 kia sedona with 59,250 miles and have had the van since Jan 2006. I had to have the alternator replaced about 6 weeks ago (which cost me roughly $325) and after it was replaced, the air bag indicator light remained on. The auto repair shop could not correct this. It has to be reset by the dealership at a cost of approx $49.00. Today I found out that I have a valve that is bad and needs to be repaired. I noticed the valve issue a couple of days ago due to the smell coming thru the vents and today had issues with the engine pinging and being sluggish during exceleration. Was told that I should not drive the van because the issue could cause the whole engine to seize which will require a new engine then. I also have an issue with the AC not putting out cold air. Heaven only knows what this issue is. I will worry about that next spring. I love the roominess but hate the issues. By the way, do a google search of 2002 kia sedona recalls. There are 3 recalls. I also am in need of new brakes. Gotta commend the employees at Autozone who have taken the time to troubleshoot the problems for me so that when I take the van to the repair shop, I'm educated and knowledgeable.
  • hercchiefhercchief Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I am new to this forum and thanks for any input. My wife has an 02 kia sedona w/ 95K. When it is driven for a while and she stops, the engine will rev to 3k for no reason. This happen during the summer and i changed out the throttle position sensor, had the fuel injectors cleaned, serviced the transmission and the problem went away, yesterday it was doing it again. The van is placed in park and the rpm is about 3500. Turn off the ignition and restarted with no problems. I was wondering whether anybody has had this issue before and if yes, is there some sort of TSB from Kia since my powertrain warranty is fast approaching. Thanks :confuse:
  • browning4browning4 Member Posts: 4
    This is not normal. Mine will coast forever/endlessly.
    That salesman would probably tell you that if you tied double knots in your shoe laces that it would run better. It is not normal. My 2007 will coast forever. I use the manual mode to slow it down it coasts so easily and fast.
    Dont let KIA BS you. Mine will coast forever fast as hell. I have to use manual to slow it down to stay off the breaks. There is no coast resistance whatsoever.
    Mine klunks, more like slams/jerks in first gear but does not get stuck. The shop will be looking at it tomorrow. Whatever it is it was loud, very disturbing and makes me regret buying a KIA
  • cricket830cricket830 Member Posts: 1
    I am having trouble with my 2002 KIA Sedona locking in park. I have to use the override to release it. Is there an assembly you can purchase for this problem. And what will it damage if I have to keep using the override? Can you disconnect the system from the vehicle?
  • kaipiekaipie Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Kia Sedona and now when the revs get to about 2 1/2 3000 revs it starts to lurch and kangaroo hop i'm guessing its a turbo fault could anyone confirm this if its not the turbo what is it please please help
  • gregorygregory Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2002 KIA Sedona. 170,000 miles.
    From a cold start sometimes the forward gears will not
    engage. It seems as if the linkage from the shifter lever is locked out from the transmission. When is dose engage everything runs fine and the transmission shifts as normal. I never know when it is going to happen. One
    day it will connect and run fine, the next it will not.
    No bangs, clangs or slippage just no connection. Reverse always works. I am scared to death of taking it to a transmishion shop when it could be a simple fix. HELP !
  • fishbreathfishbreath Member Posts: 58
    Is that the orginal trans.? 170,000 I wouldn't take it to a the shop either. Mine from new takes a second to shift from R to D. Sorry I can't help
  • fred121fred121 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I own a 2002 Sedona that is experiencing erratic transmission behavior. I believe that the problem is related to the "input" and "output" speed sensors which are mounted on the automatic transmission, under the air cleaner assembly.
    I have located them, (on the transmission) but I am unsure how to disconnect/separate the electrical connectors that lead to them. I don't want to break them by doing it the wrong way!
    Does anyone know how to separate them on this vehicle?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • jdeloozejdelooze Member Posts: 1
    i own kia sedona 2007 auto ls problem is when kickdown is used it kicksdown but sticks in lower gear but will not gear back up also warning light on in car two check transmission
  • gteachmangteachman Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have an automatic with 140,000 miles on it. This morning it was almost impossible to shift into any gear. It is so stiff it takes two hands to make the shift. Feels like I'm trying to shift through peanut butter. There was no indication of this problem prior to this morning.

Any idea what this is all about?

Thanks,

George Teachman
  • 1moggy11moggy1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Hi there, I have a 2004 Kia Sedona 2.9 Manual. The gear lever as become floppy as though it as become detached. How can this be fixed? Thanks
  • baggybobbaggybob Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. I feels like the cable is binding but that is not the cause. When disconnected from the control lever the shifter moves smoothly. Something inside the transmission is binding. Any resolution before I gather bushels of money and go 30 miles to the dreaded dealer?
  • baggybobbaggybob Member Posts: 2
    In reply to my own posting. Harms Kia in Janesville told me They said there would be a $80 diagnostic charge. OK, go ahead. Then I learn the powertrain warranty covered only parts inside the transmission. OK. They would not cover any warranty because I did not change the transmission fluid at 30,000 miles. Gimmie a break, transmission fluid should be inspected at 30K but doesn't break down unless you do abusive towing. Their maint schedule is just a way to get people to return to the dealer and drop big bucks. They wanted $240 more to determine if the problem was inside or outside the transmission. I declined, thinking if the outside switch/lever is bad I can easily replace it myself. If internal, I would go to an independent shop that works on Mitusbishi transmissions.

Well at least they sprayed WD-40 type stuff all around the shift lever on top of the transmission and several weeks later the stiffness is mostly gone. I'm not complaining about the dealer, just telling a story.

Now the battery light came on and the alternator is not charging. More fun.
  • dennbo49dennbo49 Member Posts: 1
    2002 sedona with 130k suddenly won't go after loud pop when taking off from stop. No noises or vibration leaks or check engine light before. Now won't go into park. Transmission, axle cv joint or differential?
  • madukes13madukes13 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter (who is 6 months pregnant) and I were out in my Kia Sedona (2002). It was running just fine and nothing seemed to be wrong. All of a sudden it was like the transmission just wasn't working any more - like it was low on tranny fluid or something. I nursed it into a parking spot where I was going and went in to do what I needed to do. I came out about an hour later and hoping that the vehicle had cooled down and would work enough to get me home, I started the Kia and it starts just fine. I put it in gear and it really didn't want to move, but I got it going and went down the road about 2-3 blocks and the transmission just didn't do another thing. It coasted to the side of the road and that was all the further the transmission would pull the vehicle. AAA came and took us home and my husband thought it might have been a hose to the transmission that might have come loose, so he hooked it up and went to put more fluid in and it was full - didn't take even a half of a quart of fluid. Please, does anyone have any ideas? Someone mentioned a transmission sensor. Does this sound like that is the solution to my problem and if it is your opinion that it is, does anyone have the cost of such an animal. Thanks for your help.
  • gmc66gmc66 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Kia Sedona LX, 85,000 miles. The transmission jerked while I was driving then the veh. wouldn't shift into gear. I took it to dealer. They ran the code and stated the Input sensor had to be replaced and was not covered under warranty because it is located outside of the transmission. I took it to a trustworthy transmission shop and they replaced the sensor. The vehicle drove fine and they did not experience what I had. I drove the vehicle home and it worked great for about 3 days. Then it happened again. I took it to another repair place since prior transmission shop where sensor was replaced was too far. He did not experience what I had and told me that it could be a wiring issue, but trying to find the exact problem with the wiring could be costly. It was working fine and I took it home without having him look at wiring. This issued happens on and off and I don't know why Kia would not cover this under the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty since it does affect the driveability of the vehicle, the transmission. I am trying to find if anyone has had this problem and if they fixed it, what the issue was. I can't afford to pay thousands for a diagnostic on wiring.
  • livin2lovenclivin2lovenc Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 was at 158000 and had been to a mechanic because the check engine light was on. it was cylanoid code and I was told to drive it and see what happens..bad thing..it stopped moving..nothing..had to get the transmission re-done because it burned up the trani..cost $2100..Wish I went to a mechanic who could give me better advice, found out later he did not work on automatic transmissions. there are several sensors and if one is not working it can possible cause other things to happen. My speed sensor was not working at 100% and it caused all of this..Good luck! It drives like new now!
  • lrachael95lrachael95 Member Posts: 1
    our 2005 kia sedona did the same thing last week and has been at the shop since then. aamco has done all diagnostic work for free. we also replaced a sensor and had all wiring checked only to find out it was the main computer,we are now trying to find out if this will be covered under warranty. will try to keep you posted!
  • peteg527peteg527 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2002 Kia sedona I just purchased, it ran great the first few days and then all of sudden it starts popping into 3rd gear and wont leave the gear unless I pull over put it in park turn the vehicle off and restart. It has been constantly doing this. Is there an easy way to fix this problem or am I going to have to spend thousands......
  • jcarrerajcarrera Member Posts: 2
    ignition coils
  • dadskiadadskia Member Posts: 1
    Need your HELP......I just experienced the same problem, what was the outcome on your tranny?
  • ryan04ryan04 Member Posts: 6
    hi people can you help me out just bought a kia sedona 0n a 2004 plate.When driveing it there is noisy liks a grinding sort of niose while the car slow's down and once you press the break and put the clutch pedle in it stops. I have put on new breaks and disks yesterday, thinking that was the problem.So as i am not used to a kia i took it to them and they wernt sure but it gould be the gear box and told me to drop the oil and replace it. So two things 1st is has anybody had and solved this problem, and can anybody tell me what type of gear box oil should i put in it and there is a product you can buy that like moly slip can anbody help me. I am new to this site i normaly go for ford's
    hi people can you help me out just bought a kia sedona 0n a 2004 plate. When driving it there is noisy likes a grinding sort of noise while the car slow's down and once you press the break and put the clutch pedal in it stops. I have put on new breaks and disks yesterday, thinking that was the problem. So as i am not used to a kia i took it to them and they went sure but it could be the gear box and told me to drop the oil and replace it. So two things 1st is has anybody had and solved this problem, and can anybody tell me what type of gear box oil should i put in it and there is a product you can buy that like moly slip can anybody help me. I am new to this site i normal go for ford's
  • 07kiaowner07kiaowner Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Kia Sedona and had a similar problem that I'm not 100% sure was fixed. On our first long drive after buying it used with about 48k miles, after about 1 hour driving on a freeway with some incline up, it felt like the transmission was slipping. At times it was serious enough that we had to pull over to the side because we slowed down so much, usually on a hill. It also seemed to go away after "resting" for an hour or so, and then the problem would return. Eventually things got so bad that the van "gave out" in an intersection immediately after exiting the freeway and an engine light came on. We managed to coax the van out of the intersection, not until after the light had turned red and cars were swerving around us. We then pulled over and kept the engine running and heard a klunk as we stopped and put it in park. We managed to limp home that evening (a Sunday with shops closed).

The dealer said the problem was a cracked fuel vacuum tube or something like that.

However, after it has been fixed, the van feels like 1) there is a lot of engine or transmission drag (my main motivation for being on this site), 2) seems to get poor gas mileage (need to verify with measurements) and 3) sometimes seems to slip or be sluggish when putting the foot on the gas at low speeds.

I'm just starting my research on this, but wanted to get this down "on the record" for what it might be worth to others.
    hi i have booked my car in to my local garage to change the gear box oil as my long term frend surgest that it my be gear box oil could be low or none as my car is a manel i post my finding tomrrow kia surgested the gear box noise droping oil to see if there is any filing in it if so i have to change my gear box.
    hi guys just an update whent to my local garage and they changed the gear box oil and the gear box oil was fine except it was dirty after speaking with the owner and them taking it for a test they thing it could be the clutch plate being weak
    still trying to sort it out been told so many diffrent things dont know were to start been told its the diff is the problem :mad:
  • rodeooz414rodeooz414 Member Posts: 1
    Same problem!!!! I replaced both the output and input sensors, but the van still jerks into 3rd gear and stays there until I turn the van off and back on again!!! Please help!!!!!!! :cry:
  • mchristmchrist Member Posts: 1
    I have a 05 Sedona with 100k on it. The transmission makes a noise almost like a small jackhammer at all different speeds. We are now haveing a problem with what seems like it is slipping in and out of gear. My rpm gauge will drop down to almost 1000 rpm at 70 mph, and the van feels like it has come out of gear. It does this normally at a high speed, but has now started doing it at lower speeds as well. It doesnt seem to be 'sluggish' on take off or while driving. Just at high speeds........ANY HELP WILL BE APPRICIATED
  • marinedd606marinedd606 Member Posts: 3
    I have the same prob, it only has less then 70,000 on it...I just had to replace the Heater Core lines, and when I took it in to have it replaced they said there was a knocking noise and that they thought it was low on oil, well it was not, its a Rod, I think that its broke...What did Kia do for you? They ever fix that for you? They are wanting to charge me 2100 just for the part., Not even for labor..Any advice?
  • marinedd606marinedd606 Member Posts: 3
    I just replaced my Kia's Heater Core lines, that cost over 600 dollars for the repair.Now I have a knocking noise which I think is a rod that is broke..I know that you have had this up for a while, but what did they do for you, as I can not find these parts any where to fix myself..I am stuck..Its still drivable as I have driven many vehicals that have broken Rods, but this one is under 70,000miles on it..They are wanting t2100 for the repair at the dealership..They fix it for you since low miles on it??Thanks for what ever info you have for me..
  • bvanevenbvaneven Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with 2005 Kia Sedona 110,000 miles? I I have a 2005 Kia Sendona. It has 110,00 miles on it. Lately, when on accelerate out of a stop light the engine kicks back lick its going into 3rd gear. Also, it feals like I'm losing power when I accelerate from a stop light, I have to layoff the gas and re-apply gas slowly. I really concerned that the engine will drop into a lower gear at a high rate of speed. I took it into a indeoendant shop they thought it was the Output sensor from the trnasmission, they put diagnostics on it and saw that it was dropping rpms from 4000 down to almost nothing when going about 40. That cost me about $400. Now I have to take it back to them. They also drained the Transmission fuild, NO metal shavings were found in the drain. I'm afrain its the Transmission. What do you think? had the output sensor replaced, still have problem code is PO720.
    hi is there any sort of noise when relising the clutch pedal as i have the same problem as you described and it is the thrust bearing in the clutch ... it is costing me £420 my car is also at 110,000 miles ...... it might do it when you change gear and then take your foot off clutch pedal ... it might be same problem always when the car slows down by it self it doesn't like 4th , 3rd or2nd ,1st find it hard getting into reverese...OBD Code P0720 refers to
    The speed sensor detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the TCM which converts it into vehicle speed.
    Symptoms
    Possible symptoms of OBD code P0720
    - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Speedometer improper reading - Possible shifting problems
    Causes
    Possible causes of OBD code P0720
    - Speed sensor harness or connectors - Sensor circuit is open or shorted - Speed sensor The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: Diagnostic trouble code is detected when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the proper voltage signal from the sensor.

hope it helps a bit :sick:
  • aneefaneef Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Sedona and it will only work in reverse and neutral. When you shift into any kind of drive it will act like it is in neutral unless you floor it then it will accelerate up to a certain point but not enough to drive it anywhere. Any ideas? :sick:
  • kimhayesharriskimhayesharris Member Posts: 1

I have a 2004 kia sedona bougt it in oct of last year. Coming up on a year now. In February i was having trouble stearing my van and had check engine light. Took it to Christian Brothers Auto in Tampa asked for inspection of reported problems. Was told o2 sensors for the light. I paid over 2,000$ to have new rack and pinion to discover it was a bolt that was recalled more than once by report e found on safecar.gov. kia would not honor the original recall 600$ more..also at original repair no slipping of transmission.mechanic noticed a small oil leak and said i need valve cover gaskets so i had them replaced .now it slips alot..slams into gear..stopped for a bit then while driving home this evening. .at around 35 i lost all acceleration and when i pputmfoot on the gas the van stalle out...i was able to restart the car over and over and it stays running untill you give it gas then stalls again..also experienced all of the above complaints of the van slowing itself down when you let off the gas and hard shifting..this is the first time it has shut off and just would not move fowards..ive yet to try reverse because i dont want to have to push it back into my driveway after having it towed home