Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn ION Tires/Wheels

penny12penny12 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Saturn
I bought a 2007 Saturn ION Coupe the end of December 2006. I have had the car 4 mos and keep experiencing a wobbling when driving between 4-10 mph (traffic). They have balanced and aligned my car 4 times since I bought the car, once a month (it needs service every month I commute 1,000 mile a week). It seems to help for a short while and then the problem continues. Has anyone experienced this? They have checked everything, rotors, wheels, tires, etc. Any suggestions/answers?

Comments

• leahdleahd Member Posts: 1
    I have not had wobbling, but have had a hard time keeping air in my tires. I have had electrical problems, from the get-go. Nothing seems to fix the problems. This is my second Saturn. I had no trouble out of the first one, the SL1.
  • just_tiredjust_tired Member Posts: 11
    I can never get the air right. I get a bumpy ride all the time. I have an ION 2004. I purchased this in 2007.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    I have no problem with my air conditioning - and it has no effect on how many potholes are in the street.
  • joelunchboxjoelunchbox Member Posts: 3
    Try rotating the tires and see if it changes. If it moves or goes away, it is/was a bad tire. A friend just bought a nice luxo sedan and guess what? Bad tire. same problem and it took a while for the dealer to listen to him. Rotating is relatively cheap, so try it first.
  • whatsupfromcawhatsupfromca Member Posts: 3
    i am to lazy to read all but looked real quick but you should check the weights... most rims have weights on them, maybe the weights fall off. or psi also tires bolts not tight
  • blackion2blackion2 Member Posts: 4
    WHY IS IT THAT I'M LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR THESE WHEELS AT A REASONABLE PRICE AND CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE ? I WANT THE ALUMINUM WHEELS IN A SET FOR MY 2004 ION 2 IT'S BLACK AND I WANT A FACTORY LOOK BUT NOT AT $700-$1,000 FOR A SET .
  • blackion2blackion2 Member Posts: 4
    HEY YOU JUST NEED TO FILL THEM TO EXACTLY 35 PSI THAT'S ALL MINE FEEL GOOD AT THAT
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    Similar problems. GM dealership told me one or more of the ION's cheap Firestone tires is 'warped' (after less than 20,000 miles) and tires must be replaced to fix the wobbling. Tires no longer under warranty. Service manager recommends new Michelin tires.

So many people have had issues with ION tires. Shame GM spends all this money developing and marketing a car and then puts crappy tires on it which ruins the whole driving experience. Oh well. Lucky for GM, us tax payers bailed them out so they can still afford to give each other bonuses. Uggh.

I'm shopping at Hyundai\Honda\Toyota next time.
  • misty26misty26 Member Posts: 1
    mine did that it ended up being my inner tire rod.
This discussion has been closed.