Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    4baseball,

Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    check2,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
  • khankerkhanker Member Posts: 9
    Buy the warranty! We got rid of our 2008 Acadia recently (51,000 miles) because we had SO many problems, mostly starting around 30-40,000... from leakage, to steering problems, to transmission replacement... it was terrible. I'm not saying this will for sure happen to you, but since all of the 3 major (& recurring) problems I was having are pretty rampant with Acadias (from reading posts on here you'll see that), I would recommend buying the warranty through the dealer to get as much GM coverage as possible just in case. Good luck!

P.S. Be sure to keep good records and be persistent if you do have problems... GMC ended up giving us $2000 towards a trade-in bc of all the problems we had so we got a Yukon. Our dealer was really good in working with us through the whole thing, so we were lucky in that regard.
  • ca2008acadiaca2008acadia Member Posts: 2
    I would get the extended warranty. We purchased a used 2008 from the dealership in February. Beautiful & low miles. I took the car back after 1 week it had rained and had water coming out of my seat belts. Plus we have issue's with the headlights. They said the drain tubes were clogged to they put the extended ones on and could not fix headlights. We had a trip to mammoth to go skiing so I had to get my car. I would notice a smell every time after it rained. Then finally it rained hard I noticed the carpet was wet. I didn't have time to take it in wasn't raining in southern ca anymore. Then my stability track and abs lights came on two times but when I would turn the car off it would go away. My change oil soon display came on. Then turned my car on and stability track and abs light came on so I drive straight to the dealer last tuesday. (They still have my car) I went to the chevy dealer instead of the gmc dealer. They got to try to fix it twice. But I just ran out the manufacture warranty I think I had 37,000 and it ran out at 35,000. So I only had the extended warranty. So they made me go back to the gmc dealer since it was pre-existing. It has been there a week. They said my wiring harness was chewed by an animal so I have to pay for them to fix wires. They found puddles of water under my carpet (no rain for months) water also in my dash. The car is still drying out from last week (its been over 100 every day must have been a lot of water) They replaced the steering column and something else in the steering. The fuse box from water and who knows what else when I finally pick it up. Once I finally get to pick it up I get to bring in back at the end of the month so the service manager can bring it home to drive it at night. I would like to say that the service department is trying there best to fix my car.

YOU SHOULD GET EXTENDED WARRANTY IN MY OPINION
  • ca2008acadiaca2008acadia Member Posts: 2
    I just brought my car in last week they said if you let the change oil light on to long it will set off the stability track and abs light. But then after looking they said animal at a wire and that is why the light was on.
  • kas4kas4 Member Posts: 1
    I agree - BUY THE WARRANTY! Although the dealer was great and tried to fix the problems (most under warranty, thank goodness), my 2008 Acadia has had tons a issues...and we bought it new! Tires wouln't hold air (had to purchase new tires in the first year), passanger side floor is constantly wet from "hidden" leak that can't seem to be found, windshield wiper motor recalled (too bad that didn't occur BEFORE I was caught in a torrential downpour when the blades quit working), in the first year the engine wouldn't start several times and had to get it towed to the dealer, a new battery was also purchased in the first year....the list goes on and on. Lease is up this month and I just can't wait to get RID of it. I'm going back to Honda - not as many issues. Although I wonder if there's a car out there that doesn't have problems - sigh!
  • acadia_10_awdacadia_10_awd Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    O now in addition to my 13 miles a gallon since I had the car. It now does not start all the time? If I give it gas while I turn the key it that seems to work?? Also the steering is starting to whine! only 10,000 miles on the car. Sweet -- just what I paid 40,000 dollars for. A Brand New Car with more issues then the one with 100,000 miles I got ride of. This is exactly why I buy new cars to have all these issues. WARNING TO EVERYONE. DO NOT BUY AN ACADIA. IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP AND GM SHOULD BE SUED FOR SELLING ME AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCH A TERRIBLE PRODUCT THAT DOES NOT DO WHAT THEY SAY IT DOES. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • 4baseball4baseball Member Posts: 5
    The steering problem has been fixed after being in the shop for a week and $1700 later. In needed a new rack and pinion and power steering pump. This should not have happened with 2008 Acadia with only 52K miles. I am afraid as to what will go wrong next.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    Although I wonder if there's a car out there that doesn't have problems - sigh!

Sometimes how much one spends does not equate with higher quality and reliability. My wife and I purchased a brand new Dodge Caravan back in September 2006 for just under $16k after my mom passed away. It's the base 4 cylinder model. Never brought the vehicle in for a single warranty issue, not even under the extended warranty that covered the vehicle up to 75k miles. We now have just under 80k miles on the vehicle. Only repair items (other than fluid changes and tune ups) have been the front brake pads (twice), serpentine belt and tensioner, battery, one set of tires, and a minor repair to a rear hub. We're still on the original rear brakes. Our first major maintenance item will be the timing belt and trensioner at about 85k miles. Good luck with your vehicle.
  • greeneyesclgreeneyescl Member Posts: 1
    Ok I purchased my 08 Acadia back in November and it has 73,000 miles on it but has had more problems than any vehicle I have owned. I have had it back and forth at the Chevy house and have had no luck getting it fixed. These are the multiple problems I am having, power steering loss, stabili track comes on repeatedly, tires lose air, loss of power when driving almost caused a wreck with my daughter and myself, overheating , fuel smell coming from car, tail lights flashing while car is running and when keyless remote pushed to lock or unlock, mist fogging up windshield from air conditioner and causing car to smell muggy as well as air not blowing cool, and transmission not shifting right. I haven't had this vehicle long enough to have all these problems with it and I don't have the time to keep taking it back and forth to the Chevy house just fir them to be unsure of how to fix it. I do know I am concerned fir my family and my safety in the vehicle due to steering loss and the fact that the brake pedal and steering wheel vibrate and pulsate even after they claimed it was the alignment and the rotors which were both serviced and the problem is still there and getting worse. So I guess now the only option is to contact the BBB and make a claim in the $40,000 lemon I am paying $639 a month for. :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
    greeneyescl,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    acadia_10_awd,
    Have you spoke with your dealer about your concerns? I would definitely recommend doing so. Please feel free to email me to discuss this further. Please include your VIN so I can look into your vehicle information.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    4baseball,
    I am glad to hear your concerns have been resolved. If you start experiencing concerns again I would definitely recommend speaking with GM Customer Assistance. Please feel free to email me with any questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • tess26tess26 Member Posts: 1
    I've read through some of the posts on this forum and find people having some common issues. We purchased our 2007 Acadia new the first year they came out. I will never buy a first year vehicle again. We loved (and still do) the styling of the vehicle and the layout suited our needs. Since it was a GMC we felt it would be a quality investment. I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle, especially since we spent over $40k in what we thought would be a higher end vehicle. Besides all the recalls and updates, at 55k the transmission went out and had to be replaced, thankfully under warranty. A month after that the water pump went out and cost us a lovely tow bill as well as a day stranded trying to get home. I've had it in the shop since then to try to fix a squeak in the steering wheel that started after they replaced the transmission (sounds like it is rubbing on rubber after the car is driven for awhile). They lubed it the first time, it went away for a little while, we took it in again, they changed the coil (on my dime) and it is still squeaking. I have also had multiple problems with the DVD/Nav/Stereo system since we purchased it. Since I could never get in in when it was acting up, all they did at the dealership was "updates." Still not working. Now I have no sound at all (blinkers, radio,...) unless you sit in the back seat with the headphones on. Now I'm being told I will probably need a new nav/stereo system at a price of about $1k. Anyone else with the same issues? Feel like a bought a "pretty" lemon. What happened GMC? I am extremely disappointed and don't think I will ever buy another GMC product. We usually keep our vehicles 8+ years, but not this one. :mad: :lemon:
    tess26,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

Thank you,
  • p_brightp_bright Member Posts: 1
    I just traded mine in. I miss it but after 4 transmission repairs in 6 months I just couldn't trust it. No one offered to replace it - just kept fixing it. It got so unpredictable I had my service advisor on speed dial (He was awesome!) It was all under warranty but for me the writing was on the wall. Get rid of it before the warranty ran out. I was afraid after getting burned on this car to try an 2011 or 2012 but I really do miss my Acadia. I guess that's what I get for buying a first year model. Lesson learned.
  • 2beansmama2beansmama Member Posts: 1
    First off I love love love my 08 Acadia I even convinced 2 family members to buy one since I got mine in late 2007. No real issues at first. I did the recalls the popped up and my service has all been at GM locations. I had all 4 tires replaces last summer as all 4 had huge cracks on the inner walls while the outer sides looked like new. Ok I was very shocked that it happened the way it did all 4 tires and no "defect" recorded not a warranty covered issue. I put my family's safety first and $1200 gone.
    Now this summer I am told my steering gear assembly needs to be replaced at $1100 plus another wheel alignment and my front ACs all went out at the same time. I just crossed 63k miles mostly highway miles and I am faced with another huge repair expense as none of this is covered by warranty. hello it's a steering issue isn't that apart of the "Power train package" come on now. And GMC is aware but not enough complaints have been filed to qualify for recall status well I am officially adding my name to the pissed off list.

PS I love my service team at Ellington Brim Chevy in Creedmoor NC. I have received nothing but Excellent service from them but I wish GMC the company was as Honorable as their service team is.

Looks like I will be jumping ship again next year very disappointed
    2beansmama,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me the case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • bdwallerbdwaller Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I decided to get a larger vehicle when we found out we were going to have a third child. So, we went and traded our great little Volvo sedan for a 2009 Acadia with all the bells and whistles. We have since learned that it doesn't matter how many gadgets you have if the vehicle is worthless.

We are at 20500 miles and these are the issues in the last four months:

1) Passenger seat cooling system failure - was replaced.
    2) Passenger seat lumbar system failure - part replaced.
    3) Power steering system failure - replaced rack and pinion but it still whines a little after 2000 miles.
    4) 3 engine coils replaced and sensors reset - this was after the message came out about engine power being severely reduced and the truck lurching and belching foul smoke out the tail pipes which filled the cabin with fumes which my pregnant wife and two children had to breath as we limped toward the dealership on a Saturday afternoon.
    5) Leaking #5 fuel injector - which resulted in the same issues as #4 above but worse. It took several attempts just to start the truck. Each time I had to brake or stop it was a miracle just to get it up and running. Add to this that it's burning gas at an alarming rate through all this. I'm glad the service advisor was able to witness the multiple attempts to start the engine.

Of course the dealer doesn't think anything is really wrong. Said the GMC rep doesn't think anything serious like the motor needs replacing - not that I really believe the dealer contacted this person. Doesn't seem interested in buying this thing from us either. Later today we're expecting to get the call that our truck is ready.

Now I get to look forward to our main vehicle breaking down yet again after our third child is born next month. My wife is scared to be alone with the GMC. At the rate the Acadia is going I'm sure it won't even start next time.

Even though we'll likely lose money we need to get rid of the Acadia. It's unreliable and unsafe. How GMC can ask the sums that they do for it is beyond me. If you're considering buying an Acadia look elsewhere. We could have had an XC90 and still be trouble free. Now we're shopping Japanese because paying off this loan won't permit us to buy good new SUV.

Thanks GMC and Demontrond for this royal screwing.
    bdwaller,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Are you still experiencing any issues? Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
  • bdwallerbdwaller Member Posts: 3
    Tried sending email through the GMC website but seems to fail each time.

By the way - it was the 1,3 and 5 coils that had to be replaced. Those were the same injectors that were leaking. And the factory rep thought this wasn't a big deal. Throw some parts at us and be gone. We'll make sure to let everyone know our experience with the Acadia and Demontrond GMC in Houston, TX.
  • 11acadia11acadia Member Posts: 1
    I am so fustrated that GMC let me down with the Acadia. I thought I was purchasing a great vehicle. We have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche and love it and never have had any problems with it. So, we thought purchasing an Acadia would be a good buy. I was way WRONG!!! My Acadia only has about 4500 miles and already has one too many issues.
    For one, the transmission is so messed up and is a HUGE safety concern not only for me but for others. When I am on a slight incline, maybe 3% incline, my Acadia rolls back at a high rate of speed in reverse. It also will roll forward at a high rate of speed on an incline. I almost went into a store with consumers in it trying to back up a slight incline. It scared me to death because my Acadia almost ended up in the store. And the service people at my local dealership say that is perfectly normal. Sorry, but NO it is not perfectly normal. It is very dangerous to have a vehicle that has issues being controlled due to the fault of GM. In my opinion, it is very sad that GM does not take this rolling issue serious. It is also sad to see how little GM cares about the safety of it consumers as well as people in general.
    Another problem I have is the back of my passenger seat it feels like your back is againt a piece of plywood. But of course, that is normal too. NO IT IS NOT GM!!! I have sat in at least 20 other Acadias and the seats are more comfortable than my seats.
    Here is another issue, it will not allow me to set the speed I want to with my curise control. For example, I have tried to set the speed at 68mph but it will only allows me to set it at either 67 or 69mph. Explain that issue GM?
    I am so tried of dealing with this vehicle and I have only owned it for 4 months. I am very determine ot make sure GM and GMC fix the huge issue of the Acadia rolling back. But a note to make, I did test another Acaida and it did not roll back. With that said, not all Acadias roll back. I am very determine to make sure no has to feel scared like I have driving their Acadia.
    I have been in contact with GM and hoping this issue with my Acadia gets resolved very soon. :mad:
  • nmcgrawnmcgraw Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I bought an 2007 Acadia with 70,000 miles July, 17th, 2011. I have not even made my first payment and it has been at the shop three times. It began with an electrical issue, then it was a stabilization issue (an eight hour labor job) now, the Acadia will barley turn when going slow. I feel the steering problem is a significant safety issue and I hope GM recalls the problem before someone gets hurt. I hate to say that it only took 30 days for us to hate our new Acadia.
    nmcgraw,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Are you currently working with a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • elkhunter505elkhunter505 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone experience headlight problems with their Acadia? I have a 2008 and have replaced both bulbs and now both have again gone out!! Seems that this vehicle is starting to fall apart on us now.
  • tuffsubjecttuffsubject Member Posts: 20
    My passenger headlight went out at about 30K. Cost about $175 to have it replaced, 90% labor.

While mileage did your first two headlights go out, and then how many miles until the 2nd pair went out? Also, did they both go out at the same time?
  • octoberblueoctoberblue Member Posts: 6
    Yes we have experienced problems with the bulbs as well, I changed the right & left myself using the youtube to see how to replace them. I then had the one go out on the drivers side about 3 months later and took it to the dealer because I noticed that the housing where the bulb sits had melted. They had to change both the bulb and the housing, because they had melted an no explanation was given. We complained loud enougg and the dealer changed it at no cost, have some check the housing where the bulbs sit that may be your problem. Of course no one said it was an electrical problem of the GMC but I know if we keep looking hard enough we can find others with the same problem. My Acadia is also a 2008 with 50,000 miles on it. Hope this information helps you in some way
  • concernedoneconcernedone Member Posts: 4
    My wife and her sister both bought 08 Acadia's new at the same time. I won't go into all the problems they each have had, both have had different issues. On this headlight issue my wife's car has never had one go out. My sister inlaw has had 5 go out 3 on one side 2 on the other (crazy). What is even crazier is the fact that it does cost around $175.00 to fix a headlight???? They have to take off half of the front end to get to the light!!! The dealership said that the problem is bad sealing around the headlight housing. I called GMC Corp. and after back and forth conversations, them talking with the dealership yada yada. Since the car has 50,000+ miles it is out of warrenty so they won't cover the $900.00+ cost of replacing the headlight housing. HEY, but they will pay for 1 year of oil changes and lubing and tire rotation. Les Schwab tire service rotates for free, lubing is automatic with oil changing. What a joke.
    well the first light went out around 30,000 and the housing around the bulbwas burnt so they replaced it and I paid $130.00! Then the other went out around $50,000 and now they are both out and we are at 60,000. Looking at close to $500.00 in headlights at this point.
    Thanks for the response we had the housing burn the first time the bulb went out. I guess it just blows my mind that I would have changed 4 bulbs and the car is only a few years old. Very disappointing at this point. Our water pump also went out and now the check engine light came on a few days ago. Once again back to the dealership!
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    There is a quicker and cheaper fix to replace the head lamps. The Most GMC dealers are aware of this. You go up through the wheel well. Some dealers still charge the original rate even though they use this new method. I would question them because if they know this new technique and charge you the old rate, they are screwing you.
    The plastic housing do in fact melt or crack. This causes the bulbs to short out.
    It is not the mileage you drive that is the important thing is it the time the bulbs are on as the day time running lights are on all the time. If I drive 4 hours at 70 miles an hour and you drive 4 hours around town, we are both putting 4 hours on the bulbs.
    The heat generated by the bulbs causes the plastic to break down in the housing.
    I learned all this while putting on 97000 miles on a 2007.
  • octoberblueoctoberblue Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the information re the light bulb housing I will start turnging off the day lights.. Also going up thru the wheel well is how I changed my bulbs as well, I knew there had to be an easier way and found it on you-tube.
  • 4baseball4baseball Member Posts: 5
    I had one bulb go out in a 2008 Acadia. At the time it had about 30k miles. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty.
    elkhunter505,
    Can you please send me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    elkhunter505,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • notbigbnotbigb Member Posts: 1
    Very similar issues with my 2009. By the time I had 25,000 miles on it, I had more problems with this vehicle than all preceding vehicles combined (and a cumulative 750,000 miles on those vehicles). The break squealing has been very consistent throughout the life and helps to ruin the driving experience. Dealer tried to tell me numerous times that "some break noise is normal" which drives me nuts considering I've been driving for 30 years and am pretty sure I know what is normal and what is not. After a lot of calls to GM customer service -- a completely exasperating experience in and of itself - the rotors were turned and eventually new break pads were put on. That worked great for about 10,000 miles and now the noise it back. And, predictably, I'm being told that "some break noise is normal". This is one of many problems I've had and I guess as much as anything I'm just personally embarrassed that I spent this much money on a vehicle that I don't really even trust. And 50% depreciation (I was looking to just get rid of it) in less than two years doesn't help.
    notbigb,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your brakes. Since you have spoken with GM Customer Assistance could you please email me your VIN or case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • skpaskpa Member Posts: 3
    My 2011 rolls back on inclines as well. Does not seem normal to me either.

What I am extremely disappointed with is the blue and black smoke my Acadia emits on cold starts. GMC engineering claims this is normal. It's great to see a $40k car blow smoke on cold starts....makes me wonder what else I have to look forward to.

Stabilizer links were just replaced @ 5k miles....front end was squeaking over bumps.

Unfortunately, I see this car being traded in shortly and going back to Honda or Toyota.
    yes my vin is 1GKEV13708J225275. We have an appointment today at 1:00 at a local GM dealership to have them look at it.
    we have an appointment at a local GM dealership today to have the vehicle looked at. I will let you know what they find.
  • lizac08lizac08 Member Posts: 1
    Same thing happened to me this past weekend and the dealer is telling me the same thing. What was your end result? I'm debating handling it myself or getting an attorney
  • hmarie7hmarie7 Member Posts: 7
    I am so over this darn Acadia (2007). It has been one headache after another. We bought it in June 2010 and by October it had to have a power steering rack and pinons and power steering pump!!! That lead to issues with the stabilitrak and it was at the dealership twice for that sensor coming on constantly. I think from June 2010 to December 2010 it was at the dealership 4 or 5 times. At that point we had spent more on repairs then car payments!!!
    It leaks when it rains which it seems has been causes the fuses to get wet and somehow kill my battery! Battery compartment has standing water in it due to all of the leaking!! I now refer to our acadia as a boat, since most people translate boat to mean Break Out Another Thousand!
    Oh and I can't stand that when it is dead you cant get your key back! Called gmc about that and they said it was a safety feature. Really? Cause now when I have to leave it home like that, it is sitting in the driveway unlocked (since they are power) and with the keys in it. So if someone wants to all they have to do is jump it and wa la. Of course that might be a good thing!
    I've had the rear windshield on during rain and when it stopped and I cut it off it continued to run!!!
    The right rear tire has a slow leak. Not sure what from yet, I haven't taken it to get looked at yet, but the stupid car tells me that the right front tire is low!!!!
    I am sure there are a few other small things I could list but they are nothing compared to everything else!
    I am so fed up with this thing that I told my husband I was going to write "Dont buy me" on the sides and rear of vehicle!
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • mightytkemightytke Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 and when it rains the check engine light comes on and does not go off. It drains the battery and you can't even start the engine or turn on the car. I am in the military and stationed in Germany. I have taken to a German Chevy dealer twice now and it still does the same thing. I had to wait 2 months for parts to be ordered (not sure why so long). The first time they re-programmed the computer and it worked fine for a week until it rained and the check engine light came on again. The second time they replaced the air mass sensor and 2 other parts. So I have a 4000lbs vehicle that is holding down cobbelstone...

Need some help...thoughts....
    hmarie7,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • ihatemyacadiaihatemyacadia Member Posts: 1
    2007 Acadia has been in and out of the dealership for repairs since the second month I drove it. Well flash forward, since February of this year it has left me stranded on the road 9 times. It has been at the dealership since Saturday and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong with. While on the road the car loses power, motor has no power, transmission gears do not shift and the engine light never fails to come on.

1. Transmission repaired twice
    2. Motor repaired twice
    3. Stability track 3 times
    4. Shift throttle replaced
    5. Wiring repaired
    6. Motor boot repaired twice
    7. Among other things repaired

The dealership mechanic told me yesterday that the car goes into safe mode when there is a problem it is just alerting me that I need to get of the road. Safe mode my a%*! Well at least GMC district manager is involved now. I will never buy another GMC. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • concernedoneconcernedone Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I am real surprized that the lemon law has not kicked in for you. My wife and her sister bought 2 new 08 acadias 1st problem brand new antenas broke off on both cars in different car washes. my sister in law had her transmission rebuild, sunroofs leak. my wifes car has a tranny problem kick it into go to get on the freeway or pass and it slows down, no power and then when it decides to go then it goes. Of course the dealership said they couldn't reproduce it. Newest problem, headlights my sisterin law 5 headlights replaced so far she has over 50,000 miles to replace is 175.00 to 200.00 they have to take apart the front end to get to the bulb. My wife just hit 50,000 and just had her 1st headlight go out. My wifes car just had the complete power steering system replaced luckily I had complained before her warranty was up. gmc corp. gave my sister in law a year of oil changes wow. Thier concern was that she did not go to a dealership every time a light went out. In the 1st place why would anyone have to take a car into anywhere to change a headlight bulb. 2nd dealer charges top dollar for any repair so she saved 75.00. I had a very long talk with gmc corp. They have a fleet of 50 toyota tacoma trucks and the gals themselfs had toyota highlanders
    ihatemyacadia,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • ttully255ttully255 Member Posts: 5
    At 30k miles my 2007 Acadia was in the shop for 33 days while the dealer waited for the parts to make the repair. Valves damaged and the cylinder head had to be replaced along with a multitude of other parts. Fast forward to this week (86k miles) and my Stabilitrak and Engine light kept coming on and I had to have it flat beaded to the dealer after the transmission locked up on the highway. The dealer has been great but its going on 5 days and they still can't figure out what the problem is. This is like the first time all over again. I love the layout and everything about my Acadia but the reliability stinks. I have 14k to go before it's out of warranty. I will be dumping it as soon as I can! I'm sure this will be another engine rebuild. Anytime the dealer can't pinpoint an issue it usually means its deep within the engine block!! :sick:
    ttully255,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your Acadia. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number?

Thank you,
  • ttully255ttully255 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Caron,

No I have not opened a new case with GM. I figured I would wait to see if the dealer could pinpoint the problem which still has not happened yet. If you think I should contact them I will. Let me know what the contact information is and I will contact them.

Thanks.