Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry to hear that the concern with your Acadia is still unresolved. Have you already started working with Customer Assistance? If you would like to, please email us your name/username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your involved dealership. Any other information about the situation would be great, as well.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • acadiaclunkeracadiaclunker Member Posts: 1
    We have already decided that we are going to get rid of this nightmare of a car so no need for any GM rep to say they understand our frustration and would like to help. I feel that it is my duty to let everyone know what a dog this Acadia is. There have been so many problems I know I can't remember them all, but I will try.
    Water pump - we were told it was getting hot because the oil wasn't changed regularly, after verifying that the oil had been changed when it should have been, it was a defective water pump.
    The navigation unit went bad and was replaced. A month later we got the new nav disk.
    The steering gear assembly was replaced.
    The complete rack and pinion steering system was replaced.
    The steering column and air bag coil was repaired and or replaced twice.
    The battery died within a year and was replaced. The radio was replaced after the bat. died again.
    All of the headlights, high & low have been replaced twice. The right side wiring harness had melted and was replaced. Have it at the dealer now getting the left harness replaced and new bulbs.
    Drivers seat track was binding and was replaced.
    The heated windshield washer assembly was removed and disabled so it won't cause a fire. (They refunded us $100 for the loss of this option).
    12v plug in the back seat blew the fuse several times and currently does not work.
    Gas & brake pedels still squeak after dealer repaired them.
    Service air bag light on, bad connector changed.
    Tire air pressure light comes, then goes off, then comes on.
    The rubber coating on the AC button and others has rubbed off and is now bright green instead of grey.
    I know there are some things I have left out. Another thing that I hate about this car is you have to remove the front tires and wheel well liners to access the headlight bulbs, even then it is tough to reach them. The battery is located under the feet of the person in the right back seat. There is a cardboard cover with carpet over it that seperates the battery from the cabin. If this vehicle ever rolls over better hope your baby is not straped in under the leaking battery. I thought batteries inside the car went out with the old VW bugs. If you look in the manual for how to replace the headlights or battery, it refers you to the dealer. If I would have read that I would not have bought this car. I have learned a valuable lesson with this lemon, don't buy GM!
  • rjbladerjblade Member Posts: 14
    How is your 2011 Acadia behaving now? Any problems? I am asking because I just purchased a 2011 SLT2 with 13000 miles and I am experencing horrible gas milage, around 12 mpg. You are right in saying that the dealer can not fix a design problem. Only GM engineering can find a solution after they have been task by GM mangement to research the issue. We as a group must get GM to recognize that the poor gas milage is a real problem. This can only be done by effecting GM profit by effecting the sales of Acadia's and or a class action suit addressing fraudent adveristing of gas milage and deceiving the public.
  • ineedaricciineedaricci Member Posts: 8
    No Sarah I have not spoken to anyone from GM other than our service managers over the years. I turned to blogging this morning to realize that way too many people have the same issues.
    Our family has bought GMC's/Chevrolet's for years. We are so disappointed with this vehicle.
    Today I am sitting home from work on my birthday with a "Low Engine Performance" vehicle in my driveway that cannot be brought in till Friday.
    I now own a 2011 Acadia SLT2 with poor gas milage. Until GM recognizes there is a problem and assigns tasking to there engineeering group to research the issue,nothing will be done, other than GM customer service collecting data and yesing us to death. The dealers can't fix a vehicle that has a design flaw. I say this because the vehicle does not report any trouble codes. This flaw needs to be brought to a higher level of review. Namely the news media and or legal counsel
    I couldn't agree more...
    If you would like to get a Customer Assistance Case set up, please email us more information including your name/user name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, your servicing dealership, and any further details about the vehicle concerns you would like to include.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • loiamvenicoleloiamvenicole Member Posts: 1
    It maybe too early to tell but it looks one person is trying to get GMC's attention with that ihatemyacadia dot com someone mentioned earlier. I looked at it...it's REALLY new, not much details yet...maybe folks should tag team with them at that site. I might, my Outlook has a leaking problem...I'd LOVE to find someone who is creating some sort of lawsuit....pipe dream I'm sure.

Nick
  • heyyou1heyyou1 Member Posts: 8
    Sarah -

Nothing personal but I've had little satisfaction from GM. I agree with the person who said go to the media. I'm going to look into the acadia website....maybe if enough people voice their hatred and displeasure for GM's lack of support, people will stop buying the Acadia and/or GM will take care of those of us who have been screwed over the years....it's really not fair what some of us have been through. When you spend over $40k for a new vehicle, you expect to have it on the road 360 out of 365 days in a year....on TWO occassions mine has been in the shop for over two weeks...26 days one time!!! Not to mention all the one's and two's...

Saturn fell...Pontiac fell..Hummer fell...now's not the time to STOP supporting your customers...right now, I'm considering a Toyota...lol I would run mine into the drink but with as much water as it's taken on, it would probably SWIM....
  • thumbsdowngmcthumbsdowngmc Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Acadia that I used to love (kewords being "used to"). The car has had many little problems and just 2 weeks ago I had to have the water pump and many other things replaced because this 3 year old car with only 50K miles has decided it is breaking down. Not only did it have to be repaired on my dime, but I had to wait 2 days for the part. The local GMC dealer was out of them. My guess is many other owners needed them too.
    The airbag sensor was replaced and the dealer told me it could have been my fault. He said it is hard to tell if I didn't jam something in the mechanism or if it happened on its own, so he said I would have to pay for it rather than warranty. After I complained that if he can't tell how it happened, then how can he blame me? He also said a rock could have hit the mechanism under the car to trigger it. Sounds like a design problem, not driver error.
    My headlights have also blown out after 2 years. The manual suggests these are only replaced by a dealer because of how I have to get at them. Headlights should be something anyone can do. More design problems.
    I brought my Acadia to the dealer because of a whining noise. They tried to tell me it was a tire issue and even kept the car ALL DAY and drove it 100 miles that day to "fix it". I left the lot with a big bill and the same whining noise. I brought it to a local garage only to find out the power steering fluid was low. The dealer should have been able to guess that one, one would think.
    The rear seats are VERY difficult to slide forward even after I WD40-ed them as my dealer told me. After a week, they are back to sticking. My third seat fell forward while I was driving...design problem? My stereo speakers are starting to sound crackly. My air pressure system is sometimes off. GMC dealer said I must need new tires. replaced them and found it was a switch of some sort.
    The bottom line is this: I wish I kept my 2002 Ford Explorer. My sister is still using it with no problems. Maybe I will borrow that...MY OLD CAR...when my 3 year old Acadia breaks down again.
    As Heyyou mention, I have said in a previous post. Nothing will be done about the poor gas mileage until GM recognizes the problem and tasks the engineering group to research the issue. Until that time, GM customer service will be data logging and archieving the information. One way to get GM attention is to start a law suit for fraudlent claims of published gas milage and deception to the public, and or effect there sales on Acadia's, by going public in the news media to enlighten the rest of the general public as to the issue's with the Acadia real world gas milage. The dealerships can not fix somthing that has an inherient design flaw, There are no malfunctioin codes being shown when the technician does a scan for codes.
    Two more things to add to my original post...When I step on the brake I hear a loud click that seems to be coming from right under my foot. I thought it had to do with the brakes I just replaced. The mechanic said that there is some sort of arms under the car that are made of aluminum (used to be made of steel in old cars) and they are bending. I will likely have to replace them in 6 months and will start wearing at my tires around then. Also, even though I have the tow package for my Acadia and only pull a recreational boat for 2 miles twice a year, I had to have something replaced (boots or joints, I think...for another $200!) because the car couldn't handle the weight when pulling even though the boat and trailer are lighter than reccomended pull load. I should have kept my Ford!
    thumbsdowngmc,
    How ironic that you are not the only one with the same exact issues we have experience?? huh??
    Except, our water pump was covered under our powertrain warranty.

Our airbag light has been on for almost 2 years now. There is a recall if you look it up under GMC recalls for an airbag. I intend to address my dealer with that since my car is still in getting repaired.

Your dealership sounds horrible! I would never bring my car back there again! Crooks!!!

The headlamps are so expensive to have replaced after paying 400.00 the first time my husband decided to Youtube the process. There is a great one on there with the step by step process.

Our headlamp knob fell through our dash?! If that isn't a design problem...I don't know what is. Our rear window switch also fell threw the door!

We have so many issues with this car...I can't even begin to tell you. Such a huge disappointment!!!

We are also driving my husbands 2004 Dodge Dakota as it is our only reliable vehicle. My $38k vehicle is on a lift at my dealer again :sick: . Looking forward to the 900-1200 bill they should have for me this afternoon only weeks before Christmas. Merry Christmas kids!...mom gets to fix her Acadia again!!!

GMC customer care contacted me this week (because of this site). But I haven't heard back from them once I gave them my Vin# and contact info. I think they post things on here just to act like they care...when in reality its just a quick fix for anyone reading this site.
    :mad:
    My husband used to have a Saab convertible that was our money pit...now we have it's evil cousin, the Acadia. I am really afraid that this car is going to slowly become a nightmare. Lucky for me, it's just a headache right now. (My sister bought the Enclave and has had problems with her water pump too. They are all made by GM, right?)
  • mommyx3mommyx3 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for your response, I will check to see if these are the correct bulbs.

The dealership has been telling me ever since I purchased my vehicle in 2009 that it is a design issue by GM and there is nothing wrong with it. It has been making this noise since the day I drove it off the lot with 9 miles on it (brand new). One of the guys that work at the dealership said that his truck does the same thing. The service technician also asked me to notice if it was worse when it's cold outside. Well, it's worse when the weather is cold or the temperature of my truck is cold (when the weather is cooler). I've had this truck 2 years and it has been okay but it seems like I'm starting to have problems with it now that the warranty has ended.
    I notice that my knob for my headlights goes partially into the dash panel when I press the knob in to turn on my fog lights, the lumbar part of my drivers seat seems to be wiggley, my dash board makes a rattling noise, and sometimes when I'm driving it seems like my truck is heavy, kind of like it is straining to change gears. I'm driving sometimes and seems like it will start to lose speed, then I press on the gas a little more and then it will pick up speed again. You see what I mean with these problems, and now the list has gotten longer. Now I've got to buy new tires (first time to purchase) just to find out that they are almost $200 dollars each ($179 is the cheapest I've been quoted) to replace because they're an unusual size tire. I know that replacing my tires is part of my routine maintenance but I didn't expect them to be so expensive.

I am hoping that nothing else goes wrong with this truck because I cannot afford an extended warranty at this time.
    I hope they are the correct ones. If you would like assistance in working with the dealership, please don't hesitate to email us more information (including your name, the last 8 digits of your VIN, your dealership and a description of your visits there for the knocking concern).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • slizzetslizzet Member Posts: 1
    How did you make out? I have an 08 with similar but worse history with mine. GM doesn't care and hasn't done anything for me. I have a file number with them and now need a new Catalytic Converter I am being told. Who did you deal with I am ready to take it to the next level.
    Slizzet,
    If you would like, we can look further into your Service Request to see how things are going. Please email us your SR number.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ktriektrie Member Posts: 15
    Ditto; I couldn't agree more. Worst vehicle I have ever purchased and I am shopping for something new and reliable.
  • achieeachiee Member Posts: 2
    Wow, I really wish I could have read this posting prior to me purchasing my Acadia. I did love the look of it, but knew that the trim and feel of most GM vehicles were “cheap” but since my dad retired from GM, I would give it a try. Besides he always gave me grief for not buying American, so, I thought I would give it a go.
    Although my 2011 Acadia Denali seemed to have a little bit more beef to it, it still have the trademark CHEAP door handles and trim that really isn’t locked in place like their competition.
    BUT
    Not even six months into my purchase, less than 8k in miles, my premium vehicle started to “cough” on the highway when I would reach around 60mph or higher and the check engine light came on.
    I was able to make it back to the dealer, but haven’t heard back yet as to what is wrong with my premium vehicle that is now in the shop.

Anyone know if you can return a vehicle after owning it for less than six months??? Because I do not want a money trap if this is the signs from a vehicle that is not even broken in yet.

As I said, if I would have read the horror stories listed in this post that confirmed what I felt about GM quality, I would not have made this purchase,
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You probably won't get much attention from the dealer or the manufacturer unless the same problem keeps coming back. Meanwhile, about the best you can do is get stuff fixed under your warranty. You could talk to a lemon lawyer about a warranty claim I suppose, but don't get your hopes up.

Think You've Been Stuck With a Lemon?
    I'm sorry to hear that your vehicle is encountering some difficulties. We can look further into the situation with your dealership, if you like. Please email us more information, including the dealership where you've taken your vehicle and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • achieeachiee Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the prompt reply Sarah,

I will stop by the dealership after work to hopefully get a better description of the issue than calling it a "cough"

As i stated in my posting, i am just scared to death that my vehichle going to be a money sink.

This is my first exposure to a premium level of a vehicle and i took a chance on GM, and do not want to regret it.
    good afternoon, I own a 2011 SLT2 with all the options and 13000 miles. I am getting 12-14 MPG. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. The issue has been elevated to the Northeast Regional Office. I have received a call from the regional manager, who is planning to setup a service request with my dealer. I am awaiting a call back from the Regional office.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    for a CUV, I would've bought one of these instead.

• mrandmrswattsmrandmrswatts Member Posts: 1
    First off I love my car. Always bought domestic and finally decided to by a GM. Our service department is great but I need to figure out why when I start my car, it wants to stall. Its difficult to start and sometimes I can smell raw fuel. I also caan start it and then the rpm get low and when i press the gas the car doesnt rev. you cant put it into gear turn the wheel nothing. The dealership and service is being great, I just really enjoy driving my car and want it back repaired. Anyone have an idea what it might be?
    I am glad to hear you've been having a good experience working with your service department. Am I correct in that you have been working with them on this particular concern (start-up difficulty), but that there has yet to be a definitive diagnosis?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • msd11msd11 Member Posts: 3
    We bought a 2008 Acadia a few months ago. When we test drove the vehicle, the dvd player gave the error message but the dealer said that it was because the dvd we used to test it was scratched. The dealer gave us another dvd to try and it worked fine. SO we went ahead and bought the vehicle.

We get home and only about 6 of the dvds we have in the house work. I've even went out and and bought brand new ones from Walmart or Target. Of the two from Target, one will work and one doesn't.

Called the dealer and he said the dvd player is "picky" and basically didn't care at all.

Last week I had another dealership look at it. After waiting for three hours, they tell me that it gives that error when I try to play dual format dvds and that it will only play single layer ones. Umm WHAT?!??! That is NOT what "region error" means! Even I know that. So I put in a dvd and it didn't work. Then I showed him the box that said the dvd was single layer. He didn't seem to care and acted like I was wrong.

He did say that he would check into having the dvd player replaced, if it was covered, since I have the 12 month bumper-to-bumper warranty. Hello?? It's a bumper-to-bumper warranty!

I called back a few minutes ago and they couldn't even find the information to tell me if it's been looked into any further.

We've just made our 2nd payment on this vehicle and I am so upset. Why did we pay for a dvd system that we can't even use? If they can't even help me with something this simple, I don't want to think about anything serious. This is our first "new" car and I am starting to have buyer's remorse.

I wish I had found this forum beforehand or *gulp* listened to my husband and bought something else.
    I'm sorry for the frustrations that have arisen due to the DVD player situation you've described. Per the vehicle's owner's manual, "Region Error" refers to a disk not being from the correct region. If we can follow up with your dealership on this, please send us an email with more information including the last 8 digits of your VIN, complete contact information, and the name of your dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • msd11msd11 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the reply.

I noticed on your profile that you have only been a member since November 3rd of this year and that you have a gmail email account, not a General Motors email account.

Not to be rude, but I would think that an actual GM service rep would have a company email address and would have been a member on the site for much longer.

Do you by chance have a way to verify your ID? I don't feel comfortable giving my information to someone based on a forum message.

Thank you again,
    msd11
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2011
    I can vouch for Sarah's contact info. If you prefer, you can call GM Customer Service.

(and we wish more people wouldn't post their email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, and other personal information on public forums. Good for you for asking).
    I understand the concern - the .gmail account was a means to an end. If you would prefer to email socialmedia@gm.com, the message would be received by us and we could continue.

Or, as Steve suggested, contacting Customer Assistance by phone is also an option: 1-800-462-8782. The center is open 8 am - 9 pm EST Monday through Saturday .

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rusty2489rusty2489 Member Posts: 5
    DONT DO IT is all I can say. We bought a USED 2008 with 31k on it and it has been nothing but junk. We have owned for 5 months and it has been in shop every month since getting something repaired. Both timing chains have been replaced. o2 sensor and now it has ABS, Brake light and traction control lights on dash the DIC says All wheel drive off and steering is very stifftoo suppossedly fixed it for $100 and after about 100 miles of drivng ALL the same issues are back. All I get from GM after writing angry emails is sometimes it takes more than one visit to fix your car. I was like yea cause it is JUNK. Giving me a hard time cause I dont want to go back to dealership that is 50 miles out of my way that originally "FIXED" it. the only reason it went there is because we were looking to trade it in on a NEW Ddoge Durango and when dealer took it for test drive all these lights came on. They gave us a loaner vehicle and took it to there GMC branch to get fixed for us. My wife works 2 iles away from a GMC dealer and they want to charge us again for diagnosis. Just fix your crappy vehicles and there would NOT be an issue.
  • rusty2489rusty2489 Member Posts: 5
    I am dealing with the same dude Leo. Like u sai nce enough fellow but nothing is getting done to help resolve my issues of EBCM. Got charged $95 for "FIXING" it by cleaning connector and putting dielectric grease on it. less than 100 miles later same issues are back now again. Want it fixed for FREE and have basically been told good louck with that. Can NOT wait for vehicle to get "FIXED" so we can trade this pile of crap in and get out from underneath it. It has had 2 of the timing chains also replaced and an O2 sensor. Vehicle only has 42k on it. It has been in shop every month since purchasing it in July 2011. WORST vehicle ever owned.
    I am sorry about these frustrations. Do you have a Service Request number? If you were to email that to us, we could look further into the situation and notify your agent that you are not satisfied.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • suvmom99suvmom99 Member Posts: 1
    I will start by saying that I have bought 9 used cars over many years and have never felt the need to post on a forum regarding major problems of anything I've owned (from Nissan's to Chevrolet to Ford). I bought a used 2009 GMC Acadia SLT2 5 months ago and will never own another one unfortunately. As many others have said, I absolutely love the looks and amenities of the Acadia. I did my research prior to buying and knew there were several problems with the 2007s but mine looked to be in showroom condition and I figured by 2009 they had fixed many of the problems. About 20 minutes after leaving the dealer, I heard the infamous zipper noise in the steering, turned around and went back. They claimed they had never heard it and told me to drive it and see what happened. Turns out it doesn't do it cold - takes a while to warm up and begin. The dealer agreed to fix it and did for about 2 months and it was back again. However, after picking it up, the airbag sensor came on - stayed on for several days and went off. Bought new tires ($900 for 19s) and airbag sensor back on again. Water pouring in from sunroof area after leaving car wash ( this problem was on the service record as being replaced and fixed), hydraulics in rear access door went out, struts needed replacing and it was a danger to drive in rain prior to buying new Cooper tires - have only had them a few weeks with no major rain so I'm hoping that cured the problem. The door chimes will not stop if you hit lock too soon when exiting the vehicle. Pouring rain at a drive through and the window would not roll up until I cut vehicle off. The dealer put me in a 2011 SLE1 to drive while mine was in shop and the steering noise in it was worse than mine. how can GM ignore this problem? Although these are minor problems compared to transmissions, etc. the cost is not minor considering what I paid for this vehicle and it was a very fair price comparing to others. I would give anything to have my Tahoe back. The sad thing is there are very few vehicles that provide the same amenities and look as the Acadia (the Enclave is built on the same platform) but the nickel and dime problems are not worth it. I would NOT recommend this vehicle to anyone and I am a die hard GM person.
  • drumdude12drumdude12 Member Posts: 2
    I agree that this is the worst car that I have ever purchased, I've experienced all of the complaints. I recently had the transmission rebuilt. I have too many problems to list it would take forever. I tried contacting the CEO of GMC but I got his secretary instead. I was told that they will not give you another car but the will repair whatever is wrong, Well WRONG!!!!!!!! I'm still dealing with same issues. The public should know that these SUV's are pure JUNK!
    I apologize that you have encountered so many frustrations with your 2009 Acadia. If you have a current concern (I am unsure if they are currently resolved or in the process of being resolved from your post?) and would like to work with Customer Assistance, or if you would like to open a case with us, please be sure to email us with more information including: your name/username, contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    edited December 2011
    We do wish to work with you on addressing vehicle concerns through repair, as you mentioned in your post. Had you ever opened a service request with Customer Assistance? Do you have that case number available? Or do you have a current concern that you would like to work with us towards resolving?

Please send us an email with more information, and we'd like to see how we can be of assistance.

Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dom2007dom2007 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, what is GMC doing about all the issues with the Acadia? We have a 2007 model purchased in 2010 with 80,000km. 2 weeks later, it needed a new transmission and 5 weeks in the shop. Then a drivers power seat unit, steering column, water pump, it's on the 3rd steering rack, 4 th or 5 th steering pump including hoses and cooler, we had 3 water leaks in the interior recently fixed, it goes on and on including electrical gremlins that no one has any clue what to do with. One day the entire dash display went down and then the speedometer was stuck at 60km/h for a while, we had a window that wouldn't roll down for a few days and now it wants to stall when it is cold. We are sick of this thing. It is a huge inconvienience to be bringing it into the shop just about one a month and having it there for days and sometimes weeks. The only saving grace thus far is the extended warranty we purchased has saved us so far but what happens when it expires? The dealer has been great but I think they haven't been truthful with us and claim they have never heard of these issues with this car. It is clear that is not the case from all the posts on this site, I see that we are not alone. The dealer is now looking for a vehicle that we can replace ours with but I don't want another Acadia now that I have seen what other people have gone through. We want our money back for this pile of junk so we can buy another brand of vehicle. What is GMC prepared to do for us?
    I understand why you are frustrated with your Acadia, and apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced as a result of the repairs you described in your post.

The current process for Customer Service Representatives, like myself, in assisting our customers is to establish a Customer Assistance Case. I can understand that, as these are evaluated on a case-by-case basis (wherein we look at factors like whether or not a driver purchased a GMPP, the number of times a vehicle had to be taken into the dealership for the same or for multiple repairs, etc), this may result in the appearance that "GM isn't doing anything" however the data from these cases is amassed in our databases, which GM does use to make product decisions.

I understand that you are looking to get into a new vehicle, and we can explore what options are available for you through one of these cases, as well. However, I also see that in your post you included some figures in metric (km, km/h). Are you writing from Canada or from another country outside of the United States? I only ask because I am only able to assist customers inside the United States. However, there is GM of Canada, where our Canadian customers can be assisted. They can be reached at 800-263-3777 Monday-Friday from 7:30-11:30pm EST, and Saturday from 7:30am-6pm. If you are writing from a country other than Canada, I would be happy to get you in touch with the appropriate Customer Assistance Center.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lupe_r49lupe_r49 Member Posts: 7
    I too wish I had not purchased a 2007 used Acadia last year. I too had to replace the tires, which were not easy to find and paid over $900 for all 4. Also, the steering completely broke and had to pay over $700 to repair (the steering still whines though, as I have read in other posts). The headlight has gone out 2 times in the last 6 months (had to pay for labor since the tire had to be removed in order to replace the bulb) that was another $60. The gas pump also gave out while we were on the road to my daughter's cheerleading competition 3 hours away from home! That repair was close to $300. I am embarrassed to tell my family of the poor choice I made in purchasing this vehicle. This vehicle has been unsafe and unreliable! I wish GMC would do something about these issues besides the replies from the nice customer service rep Sara (no offense). I have already made a call to GM, and was told that issues I was having with my Acadia, were due to lack of maintenance (I guess everyone on this forum also falls under that category???) I was told to call back and update them about my issues, but I have completely lost faith in GM. I know I have to get rid of my Acadia, but I feel guilty just thinking another family might purchase it if I trade it in. WHAT TO DO???
  • mommyx3mommyx3 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    To anyone who has had or are having problems with your headlamps (low beams) working intermittently or the connectors to the low beam headlamps burning out (mine burned out a month ago), I received a letter from GM about this issue. Call to make an appt w/the dealership to make sure that the necessary parts are available and take your Acadia to the GM dealer to have the repairs done at no charge to the customer. If you have already paid to have the problem fixed they have also enclosed a form to fill out and take it to your dealership or mail it back to the address provided on the form (with necessary documentation) so that your dealership or GM can reimburse you.
    If you didn't receive a letter you may want to call the dealership because they should be aware of this action, the letter states that "this service will be performed for you at no charger until December 31, 2013. :)
    Lupe_r49,
    When you called GM, did they open a Service Request for you? We can look further into this if you were to send it over in an email.

Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Thank you for posting, mommyx3! When are you planning on going in?

Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • drumdude12drumdude12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Sarah, as I stated before I did have a case opened. I wrote the CEO of GMC and I was connected to his secretary. She helped me but after the warranty was over I was left to deal with taking the car to the dealer, since then I've had the transmission rebuilt and the computer steals goes out and resets, the DVD player which I had never used until my 3 weeks does not work. I took to a dealer and they looked at it and told me that it's out of warranty so I'm on my own. I really just took the plastic off and open the remote. I'm so beyond frustrated with the history that I've had with the Acadia as well as GM. I purchased a Ford a few years ago and if the car couldn't be repaired I was given a new car. GM seems to allow the customer to go beyond hatred of the company and the that they they're dealing with. You leave your contact info and I will be glad to to converse with you.
  • renie39renie39 Member Posts: 6
    I have an '07 GMC Acadia with the sunroofs, and it/ they (?) are leaking very badly, now. After a heavy rain, I hear water sloshing around on the rear sunroof, and then in the heater fan housing. Evidence of water leaks (in the fan housing) began some time ago, but now is much, much worse. even leaking from around the headliner now, and onto the seats. Last year, I had to replace the fan motor, as it had stopped working. When I took it out, it was obvious that water had been in the housing.

My Acadia in '07 was the most expensive and beautiful car I had ever bought . Now, at 72, I dread going through what I have read that so many others have had to deal with, with this car. I called my local dealer, and he told me that the only recall (extension tubes) had already been done on my car, so any other problems would not be covered. I hope you can help, as this just is a nightmare for me.

thank you,

Irene
    edited December 2011
    If you were to use the email address provided in my Edmunds profile, it would be received and we could move forward from there.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good afternoon, Irene,

I apologize for any anxiety that this leak may have caused you. If you would like, we would be happy to get a Customer Assistance case established for you. Please email us some more information, including: your name/Edmunds username and contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. Any other details about when you've visited your dealership for this same concern would also be helpful for us.

We look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bauer3bauer3 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 SLT model in July. Granted it was used however, none of the problems I am having should be normal. In November after a heavy rain I came out from work to find my car leaking water from the back lights into the car and from the emergency brake area. Since then it occurred again the other day at work after a heavier rain. This time it came out of my back up light inside and from passenger side visor area. This is unacceptable and seems GMC knows this is an issue but is not recalling it. I bought an extended warranty from the dealership I bought it from not a GMC lot but they said it probably would not be covered under warranty. Well, it should be because there is nothing that I did or did not do to cause this issue. It is GMC fault in the way they designed the car.
    Then this past Friday, just driving along and out of no where my engine light comes on. Within about 5 miles at a red light we go to turn and it was like the car was in neutral or something. It only became worse with us figuring out it was the transmission. My car has 60K miles why transmission issues? Now I'm trying to get this fixed with a million other things going on in my life. I feel GMC has made a LEMON on a car and needs to do something for us who got sucker ed.