Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• khankerkhanker Member Posts: 9
    I too had a 2008 SLT Acadia and had the EXACT same problems in the opposite order around the same mileage. We had our car die in the same way and had to have the transmission replaced. Luckily it was covered under our 100K powertrain warranty. Then we went out of town and had the leakage problem. It was a disaster being out of town with a leaking, mildew smelling car! I filed a complaint with GM service at that point (bc we had also had MANY other problems that were documented before these). The dealership blamed the leakage problem on the leaves in our driveway clogging the sunroof grooves... nevermind that we have had 3 other cars with sunroofs that we parked in the same place and never had water leaking into our cars! They cleaned it out and told us to park it in a different spot and keep the grooves cleaned... It is a complete design failure on GMs part. We were certain it would be an ongoing problem... In the end, after several back and forths with our GM Customer Service rep, they offered us a small incentive ($2000) towards another GM car and we traded it in for the Yukon. I couldn't be happier with the Yukon and so relieved not to have to deal with the Acadia anymore! We loved the look and size of the Acadia but it was a nightmare and SOO unreliable! It will probably only get worse for you (I hate to say that but just read this forum and you will see). You may want to Contact GM with records/documentation that you have and file a complaint and see if they will work with you. Good luck!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    We would be happy to look into the terms of the warranty/service program you purchased with your vehicle. Please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN through an email and we'd be sure to let you know more information.

Also, if you would like to open a Customer Assistance Case with us, we can get that set up for you as well. Include in your email your name/username, contact information (phone and address, please), current mileage and involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    perhaps you should do what the original owners did. Rather than be frustrated it seems they dumped theirs for you to buy. Maybe, just maybe, you should do the same.
  • dom2007dom2007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Sarah for the info. I am a Canadian customer, thus I will contact the CDN GMC rep.
  • leithaleitha Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I purchased a 2007 GMC Acadia not even a year ago and have had nothing but problems. Not even a week after I purchased the steering column had a cable problem on recall. I was without my vehicle for a week. Then I had to purchase new tires around $1000 then the windshield, then the driver seat lift had to be replaced, the air conditioner had to be replaced, the headlight had to be replaced, and it has had a clicking noise in the front end since I purchased it and NOW it is sitting at a station 30 minutes away broke down with transmission gone out!!!!! It has 76000 miles on it and it already had 62000 on when I bought it. Most of the miles have been back and forth to service center.

I have been without a vehicle more than I have had one!!! Now I am stranded with NO vehicle the dealership wont even supply a courtesy car!! I have been put off, talked ugly to and treated like dirt by the dealership!! Mostly because I am a woman!! I have contacted GMC for the second time and told due to holidays I am just basically SOL!! i am ready for a lawsuit!!
  • dimoutlookdimoutlook Member Posts: 10
    "the data from these cases is amassed in our databases, which GM does use to make product decisions"

Sarah,

I would think the repair records alone would be enough for GM to make a product decision. There must be a lot people who've had their problems repaired and never filed a complaint with customer service.

I'd hate to think that GM is sitting on a mountain of repair data while waiting years for the customer complaints to trickle in before they make a decision.
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    In response to #1458, my guess is that their would be a GM data base for all warranty work. I am not sure if GM would keep track of repairs that fall outside of the warranty period.
    This is a valid concern; the database the Customer Service uses is not the only resource available in the decision making processes. I was just trying to shed some light on the usefulness of working with us on the concerns mentioned in the forum (aside from repair and redress).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Leitha,
    I am so very sorry to hear about how frustrating your experience has been. I see you have been in contact with GMC - have you opened a Service Request with them? Please email us this number and we can check into the progress of your case and will be sure to let them know you've been in contact. Or, if you haven't established this case, please send us an email with more information, including your name/username, contact information (phone and address, please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 2012lemon2012lemon Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    Well at least you got to some what enjoy yours for 6 months. Going into my 4th day of driving my 2012 GMC Acadia Denali 300 miles into my (90 mile one way commute) to work, the car just went crazy. All the lights on the dash went off, car started shakeing, loss of power and felt like I had turned on the ABS brakes by the way it shook and jerked so bad. I had to have it towed to a local dealer in which they figure out the Throttle body unit was bad. He also informed me that GM was aware of some bad throttle body units out there but because it was not discovered right away there were some vehicles out there with them on it and would not know till they broke down pretty much. So out of my new not so cheap vehicle for 2 days I was given the cheapest car at the rental place to drive back home ( it could not have bee more than a $5k car, and I just paid $50K to drive a tin can?) not happy at this point. I had contacted and opened a case with GM to inform them of this matter and also to question the specifics on the floormats in their catalog to compare the different story I was getting from the dealership. They still cannot clarify that. The catalog states w/Denali there are "denali specific" floormats that are only available in the Denali. So then why are they exactly the same as the ones that come in a Standard Acadia? Very Misleading and still no clarification. In all of this frustration and going round and round, the customer service rep who just repeats his title and calls from a call center and has no knowledge of anything I was told from the dealership wants to give me a year of free Onstar. Really? And now only 2 months into owning the vehicle it has been in the shop again for 12 days because the Timing Belt and Timing Belt actuaters were bad and need to be replaced. I am now even more concerned after reading all these posts, if I am only 2 months into this and both of these issues are BIG ones, what is in store for me next? The car has never sounded right and they still cannot figure out the other loud noises that dont make sense. I just sold my 2004 Chevy Suburban and being 8 yrs old, it never sounded like my new tin can :( Sad to say I have lost all hope in GM. I have owned many Chevys in my time and thought going to GMC was just a step up with the bells and whistles. Boy was I wrong.
    So I do feel your pain. Not sure where to go from here.
    I am sorry to hear that your new Acadia has been in for repairs already. If you were to send us your case number, I would be happy to provide any updates and perhaps clarify any questions you may have about their progress.

Thank you for your patience in this situation,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • cmr929cmr929 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2007 Gmc Acadia in March of 2007. The amount of recalls on my vehicle is ridiculous. In a car that's only 5 yrs old we've dealt with at least 5-6 recalls. Now when you roll down the backseat window (where my 17 month old sits) the window will not power up! We never have the window down. we powered it down so he could wave to his aunt christmas day and it wouldn't go back up!!! Now I have to take the car in for another recall for the headlights and don't get me started about how you have to remove the whole fender just to change a lightbulb!!!! Who makes a car that way?! I have a 2002 Cavalier that was purchased in 2001. I've never had any issues with that vehicle! My acadia only has 33,000 miles on it and it's like junk!!! It's always been one issue after another. Then it's such an inconvenience always taking it to the dealer for it's many recalls. Then i leave the car there and they say "oh nnow we need to order the part". If you know what the recall is why not already have the parts there. After this I would prob never buy GM again. It's ashame another American product made like crap. I was trying to keep it in America!
    I understand why you are frustrated with your Acadia. Multiple repairs and trips into the dealership to have recall work performed can be inconvenient, and I apologize that you have encountered this as we work on your vehicle.

I see that your vehicle is in at the dealership for work on the headlight, and possibly for the power window as well. What is its progress? If we can follow up with the dealership for you, or assist in any way, please let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • crystalrodcrystalrod Member Posts: 1
    I previously had a 2001 jeep grand cherokee but totalled it in accident. In 6 years I never had a single problem. So less than a year ago after my accident I ended up getting a 2007 Acadia. Since I have had it there has been one problem after another. The first really cold day we had after I got it it wouldnt start, I had to buy a new battery. Ok so I figured no big deal it was $120. Last april I notice water pouring through my rear sunroof through my rear dome light. the service department at my local gmc dealer was very rude, i brought up the recalled part which I had read was the reason for the leaks. They said it had been replaced and that i would have to pay. I was not happy. Its bad enough I have to pay these huge car payments and now on top of that $300 to fix the leak. The recomended a body shop that I didnt want to use and they took my car there anyway. The body shop fixed the leak but broke one of my luggage rack moldings so I had to pay $40 to have that replaced. I think if a part is recalled and replaced incorrectly it should be gmc paying not me. they acted like I was wasting their time. Now I cant turn the steering wheel, but i dont have the money to take to to the shop so what should I do? I checked and added power steering fluid and it is still hard to turn. I would love it for GMC to buy this piece of crap back so I can go get another jeep! MY 2001 Grand Cherokee WOULDVE RUN CIRCLES AROUND THIS!
    Sarah,
    I would like to speak with someone further about my case, but if you are at the same level as my current customer service rep, I dont feel we will go anywhere. I feel at this point I need to speak with someone at a higher level. I have been told so many stories by so many different people, I cannot tell now who is telling the truth. This is what frustrates me the most. It started out with the dealership I purchased the vehicle from to now the major mechanical issues I have had in only 2months of owning the vehicle and had it in service 2 weeks of that time. I have never had even a used vehicle in service this much.
    ok, so lets see if you can clarify this one? In your Acadia Spec page in your catalog (page 24) under interior details:
    Floor Mats: color keyed, carpeted for all 3 rows, removable= Standard w/ SL SLE SLT-1 SLT2 (NOT AN OPTION WITH DENALI)
    Premium, "Denali specific", carpeted for all 3 rows = STANDARD ONLY W/ DENALI
    Why do you advertise that these are 2 completely different items? I was first told by the purchasing dealership that the Denali ones are different and now I have been told there is no difference between the two and have been given 2 sets of stock acadia floor mats.
    I feel that this is misleading and false advertisement on GMC's part.
    I would be interested to hear what you find out?
  • aidenaragonaidenaragon Member Posts: 1
    Hello -
    I had the same problem with my 2007 GMC Acadia (worst vehicle) GMC should repair the leaks at all cost. You need to call GM directly, contact a lemon :lemon: law lawyer, the freaking parts to repair the sunroof/windows/tubes only cost $0.8 cents each per my vehicle service rep.. :confuse:
    The tubes originally installed are too small to handle the drainage and have no filters...so the fix is new bigger tubes with filters (kinda like the sink hand wash filters) to prevent anything from going down the drain...
    I'm not ever buying another GM product and I "was" a faithful loyal customer...
    Now, my freaking steering power noise is annoying... fluid is full and everytime I do a oil change, GM wants me to do a power steering fluid change too over $150+ job... sorry not happening... I'm actually speaking to a lawyer and doing a civil lawsuit (CA new civil lawsuit is now 10K) against GM to refund all my cash for their vehicle... I never had an issued with GM until that 2007 GMC Acadia came along...
    I'm going to the dealer today... whooopie let's see what other things my Acadia needs...
  • lovedmy09lovedmy09 Member Posts: 1
    I just saw the recall for this last week on my onstar email, I of course had to change both my lights in July. My dealership claims they will cut me a check for my 160 buck. Not holding my breath, I was lucky and had a 50 coupon @ firestone so my lights were easy to stomach! I've yet to get a recall notice though, Firestone told gm asked them to contact their customers about recall.
  • philr1philr1 Member Posts: 1
    We bought a 2007 gmc acadia. The steering wheel makes that grinding noise, it's really annoying. Also the electrical system is not working right. Lights come on at random and stay on, battery always dies the dash lights blink on and off, the dvd player stays on even after doors are shut and car is locked! Too bad because we like the way the car looks and we like the interior. It has electrical issues that drive us crazy though! also the driver side seat cushion became unattached from it's base. In my opinion GMC should make these issues right, Oh yeah also when we are slowing down the car sounds like a helicopter!!! We got a lemon!!! LAME! Our car only has 39000 miles on it with all these issues.
    I am sorry to hear that you have not had a satisfactory experience with your Acadia between the situation with your rear sunroof and now your steering wheel. If we could set up a service request for you, please send us more information in an email, including your name/Edmund's username, your contact information (phone and address, please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. From there, we will want to get you in for a diagnosis at your preferred dealership and will evaluate what options may be available.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I understand your desire to speak with somebody from a more advanced level of customer service. I am at the entry-point, so to speak, and am either at the same level or below your current agent.
    As you have written, my resources are saying that there are Premium "Denali Specific" floor mats. However, aside from that I don't have more information on how they differ. I apologize for that, but will be following up on this with my supervisor to see if I can learn more for you (he is out for today).
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I am sorry to hear that you have encountered these concerns with your Acadia. Have you already been working with your dealership to get these looked into? If you would like for us to assist in getting a diagnosis appointment set up, please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,
    Thank you for looking into this for me. If you could get me the details on this, I would greatly appreciate it and hope we an get some resolution on this matter. I have seen the "Denali Specific" floormats on other models as well as photos online and the ones that I was given are clearly not the same. I only want what I was promised and paid for.
    Again I appreciate you looking into this and wait your reply.
  • steelefamily12steelefamily12 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and i have had our 08 Acadia since December of 07 and we are now having to take it to the dealership for the 3rd time to have the Stabilitrak looked at. Everytime i have taken it they tell me there is nothing wrong. Well now the light is on and staying on and on top of it the emergancy brake light just comes on randomly with it now. I call the 866 number and they tell me to take it and they will see what they can do. I love my car but this is getting really old and GMC needs to do something about it since i know i am not the only one with this problem and i dont think i should have to pay for something they can put a recall on.
    I understand that it can be frustrating, but the diagnostic visit you were advised to do by those you talked to on the phone is the first step in our processes. Were you assigned a case number?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • michelle69michelle69 Member Posts: 4
    My 2008 Acadia SLT2 (44K+) vehicle is currently in the shop for water leaks. It blows my mind that GMC is allowed to rip people off like this and not be accountable. I have filed a complaint with GMC customer service. Case 71-102-747-4996. VIN 8J191045
  • 07acadslt207acadslt2 Member Posts: 2
    I need my case reopened
    :mad:
    I encourage everyone who has a Facebook account to go to the GMC and GM page and comment about these problems. Copy it into a word document, so you can keep copy and pasting should they delete the comments. I have a job that allows free time, I can continue to haunt GMC until they make this right!!!
  • rusty2489rusty2489 Member Posts: 5
    So after numerous angry emails/phone conversations with many different people and the help of Christina here on Edmunds Acadia bashing site I have been taken care of. They fixed my EBCM issue for FREE as a courtesy fix for customer satisfaction. There was a loose pin in connector that other dealer did NOT detect. Joe Ball in Glenshaw,PA rocks!!!! They have fixed several issues on our vehicle and are very courteous and helpful. After emailing Christina to give her updates on my Acadia she offered me a $100 gift card basically for use at any GM service center to reimburse me for the $95 we paid to have EBCM connector cleaned and fixed for a whole 3 days. Thankfully I am able to take time at my job to write emails/make and receive phone calls to be able to get this resolved. Am awaiting arrival of gift card/certificate from Christina. Will repost if/when I get this. Thanks to all involved and I hope we have no more issues with this vehicle. Best of LUCK to my fellow Acadia owners. Just have to get vehicle in for oil change and recall on headlights now. at least this should be a FREE visit for us. :surprise:
    Good morning michelle69,

I looked at your case, per the number you posted, and see that it was forwarded up to your District Specialist for them to continue the evaluation process. It looks like your new agent called this morning, but was unable to make a connection with you. I will forward your post to them and add it to your Service Request.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Thank you for your patience, 2012lemon.
    I understand that you want to make sure you're getting the correct floor mats. I spoke with my supervisor and what we can do is speak with our Technical Assistance Center and see if they would share the part numbers for the floor mats between the trim levels.

To do this, I would ask for you to send us an email. As my co-Customer Service Representative handles incoming emails from Edmunds, it may help to get her a brief synopsis of the situation. I realize you've posted it here, so you could simply provide a link to this page and your username in the email, and I will let her know what to expect as well. Include the last 8 digits of your VIN, as well. We will then forward our inquiry on to the Technical Assistance Center, who will respond to us within a few days and will let you know what we learn.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mykee88mykee88 Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I bought a 2007 GMC Acadia in April of 2011. Nice looking vehichle. The problem is during the last week of December water started to leak from the interior lights. I contacted the dealer about this to have the issue fixed and still have not recieved any help. The service person I spoke with told me that they had to get an outside source to come in to detect the leak and fix it. That was December 28th. I called back once to follow up if any thing had been setup yet and was told no but they would contact me when they did. It has been two weeks and my problem still is not fixed. The Falls Chev delaership's service sucks. On top of this the weather stripping on oth sides of the roof has bubbled up and the vent cover in the floor in the third row keep popping off. I didn;t want to buy GM but my wife convinced me to give them one more go. NEVER AGAIN. Nice looking vehichles but garbage underneath.
    Sarah, which email do you need me to send this to? Last 8 digits of my VIN are: CJ168256. I am still very disappointed in the fact that I have only had the vehicle for 2months and it has been in service for Major repairs for a total of 2 wks between both services. I also feel that GM does not care enough about their reputation to even contact me or compensate me for the inconvenience. These types of repairs should not have to be done on a vehicle so early on. (Throttle body unit needed to be replaced at 300 miles and the Timeing chain and Timeing chain acctuators).
    Please let me know who I need to email to get the floormat situation cleared up.
    Thank you
  • rusty2489rusty2489 Member Posts: 5
    Let me guess u have a sunroof right?? Email the Sarah or any of the GM customer service reps u see on here and they will help u out. It took me some time and lots of phone calls and emails but they did me right. See my previous posts. Wish you well. My wife and I LOVE our 2008 Acadia but have had nothing but issues since we have had it also. Hopefully now they are over for a LONG while. :)
    Sarah,
    I am looking forward to hearing from Matt. I did miss his call this morning while I was in an appointment. I called him back and left a voicemail.

Michelle Thornton
  • mykee88mykee88 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks alot rusty2489. You're right I do have a sunroof. I will follow up on the advice. I really appreciate it. Glad to hear your issues are fixed. Hope they last for a long time. Cheers!
    This is perfect - I will get that question off to them right away and will get back to you as soon as I have some information.

With those VIN digits, I went in to see what I could learn about your case, but currently don't see an "open" case for this vehicle. I can understand your frustration with vehicle repairs so early on, and know that you are not satisfied. I am concerned with your dealership interaction and, while I appreciate that you've already been this route before, would like to help.

If you like, send an email to the address in my profile on Edmunds with "ATTN: Sarah" in the subject line so I can look into this further.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    If I understand this post correctly, it sounds like we will be expecting an email from you, mykee88. Please include the following information: your name/Edmunds username, your contact information (phone and address please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jrhartlejrhartle Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. My 2011 Acadia started leaking at the junction of the headliner and the windshield posts at Christmas, December 2011.
    Well I spoke with GMC, and they told me I needed to "take responsibility for my vehicle!!" Take responsibility!! That would be for GM to have done a recall when they realized this was a problem instead of letting your entire electrical system, interior and not to mention what else in your vehicle ruined!! I also tried to get them to agree to fix any further water/electrical problems, and they refused. They also refused to let me trade it in with no negative equity! We have all been ripped off by GMC with these vehicles. I really hope someone on this thread knows a good lawyer.
    Please let us know if/when you decide to visit the dealership on this, jhartle. We would like to be available to you for follow up.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • brooklyngirl1brooklyngirl1 Member Posts: 14
    Good idea!!!! They also need to send GM certified letters and go to the BBB and start making some complaints! I think the problems that these vehicles are having are down right ridiculous!!!! something needs to be done by GM... STOP!!! making these vehicles and start doing some more testing on these garbage cans!!!!!
  • brooklyngirl1brooklyngirl1 Member Posts: 14
    There is something that you can do...Send GMC a certified letter and get in touch the BBB...i PROMISE YOU that GMC will change their tune. I have been there done that. Was getting treated like crap by GMC after I did these two little steps (writing certified letter and contacting the BBB) it was a whole new world. If you need anymore information or help let me know I would be happy to help.
  • geno728geno728 Member Posts: 1
    I was seriously considering purchasing a 2012 Acadia and went to this forum to see if there were any major issues with them. Boy. I'm sure glad I did and did not waste my money like so many others on this forum have done by purchasing a lemon General Motors product. I have never seen so many bad issues with one particular auto before. Let me tell all of you from past experiences that GM doesn't care about you or your problems with their products. What do you expect from a company that bankrupted itself 3 years ago and then was given 60 billion dollars of U.S. taxpayers money to continue their operations with no strings attached. The American taxpayers will never see this money. It was a political payback gift to them by the U.S. president. I would never recommend buying anything from them.
  • bobfishbobfish Member Posts: 48
    I would just like to let you know I am now the owner of our second Acadia,we had a 2007 and now own a 2011. We never had a major problem with either of them. They have been the best vehicles we have owned since we had a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville. As to the question of would I buy another one,you bet I would.
  • dgschalldgschall Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2007 Saturn Outlook (FWD) which is basically the same vehicle. I am ready to buy a new similar vehicle, but based on the pathetic service history of the Outlook I see no way I can consider an Acadia unless there is evidence that the many key weak component problem have been solved in some way. In its first 65k miles, this vehicle has required a new transmission, steering rack, timing chains as well as exhibiting the oft-reported sunroof leaks. While the dealers involved handled the repairs well, which is why I have not felt the need to complain to GM corporate, the quality problems with such basic components are inexusable. The steering failure nearly resulted in a crash. BTW I currently own 3 GM vehicles (other two are Pontiacs). I guess I assumed that this generation of X-over would be an improvement over our previous Montana van, which had a rash of early problems too.
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    I currently own a 2011 Acadia Denali. Best vehicle I have owned since my 2007 Acadia SLT. I Had some issue with the 2007 but each and every matter was taken care of promptly by my Dealer.
    :)
    Bobfish,
    I'm glad to hear that your Acadias have been treating you well! If you should ever need assistance, please be sure to get in touch with us via email.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ctcanuckctcanuck Member Posts: 1
    I just got the news tonight on my 08 Acadia - that just crossed 75K miles... In the last 24 hours -- the traction control light, the stabilitrack going off... engine light coming on... temperature climbing.
    11 faults to diagnose -- water pump, brake leaking issues - resulting low pressure ($700), coolant flush ($175), clogged injectors(?) ($179) plus $110 for the diagnosis.
    I thought it was an amazing collection of several things going wrong at once but as I read below, I am concerned that I am being pushed to fix things not at issue and/or seeing recurring issues that are widespread across the model.
    Are there steps I can take before I simply make the repairs?
    Good morning,
    Wow - that is quite a list!

There are a few avenues to explore before making these repairs. We at Customer Service can contact your dealership and perhaps learn what are the priority repairs for the vehicle or explore available repair options. To do this, we would need to build a Service Request, and if you're interested we request a bit more information to be sent via email; this would include your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone/address), the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Or there is also the possibility of getting a second opinion. Again, we could be of assistance in locating another GM dealership in your area for you to visit, or you're free to choose an independent party (however, we would not be able to consider their diagnosis through Customer Service as we need to work with our dealerships).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jrdredjrdred Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    My husband and I first saw the Acadia at a boat show in Nashville, TN in 2006. Our whole family loved it and thought it was a beautiful vehicle. When I decided to trade my 2002 Tahoe, that I had bought new and was totally paid for, for the Acadia, no dealership in our area or surrounding areas had one in stock. So we ordered our 2007 Acadia(VIN#1GKER33757J143153) leaving our Tahoe at the dealership that day and waited for about 8 weeks for it come in. We were so happy when we were finally able to pick it up. The Acadia is a nice vehicle in looks and handling, however we have had numerous problems with it. Had to take it in for seatbelt not working properly, plastic compartment lid in cargo area wouldn't stay shut and had to be replaced, cheap plastic molding around passenger seat cushion has come lose a couple times and had to be fixed, then the sunroof leaked a year or so ago and stayed at the dealership for a week or so for repair, also had to be taken in for heated windshield washer recall, all fixed under warranty but still an inconvenience to us. Just had another leak last week front passenger side (same side as 1st leak) which I was told by the service dept. was caused by the vehicle seams behind the dash board and was getting into fuse box compartment which could explain why my radio and DVD player do not work properly and the lights for these items flash randomly when not even powered on sometimes. Also was told that I would have to pay for 3 hours of labor since part of the dash board had to be removed which was around $240.00. Picked vehicle up on Mon. Jan. 16, 2012 and lucky for me it rained that night and was leaking again on Tues. morning. Called dealership and returned vehicle and asked again could the recalls be repaired as well since they had not done them on Monday and was told that they could. This time I was given a courtesy car to drive overnight which I appreciated since I work 2 jobs and it is inconvenient to be without transportation. Service Dept. called and stated that the leak was from the sunroof this time (not the vehicle seams that they had fixed the day before) but was no charge due to the fact that this problem had been fixed once before. Still haven't received word of whether I will be refunded the $240.00 that I paid on Monday because I questioned why I was having to pay for repairs on a leak that was obviously a manufacturer's defect since it was caused by seams in the vehicle. After the repairs on the Tuesday sunroof leak and the recall repairs (ECM & Headlamps) I pick up my vehicle and drive to my second job and everything seems ok. Around 8:30 I head out the door to start my Acadia and head home, it starts but now has a clicking sound coming from under the hood. I back out and head for home while the clicking noise somewhat quietens it sounds as if the motor is having a hard time. So I drive 35mph about 6 miles or so because I'm not sure whether the motor is going to quit on me or what. Started car this morning to head to work and no clicking noise but now has some other noise going on which I can't tell where it is coming from. Called dealership, was told they would send someone to my office, which is less than a mile, to pick vehicle up and check it out. We are very disappointed and upset that this vehicle has had so many problems. Even though the dealership has worked with us it is certainly an inconvenience to drop it off and get someone to pick you up and then drop you back off that afternoon to get your vehicle and neither of us can afford to take off from work to wait while repairs are being done. I have owned several GM vehicles and for the most part was satisfied with each one but I never had the kind of problems with them as I have had with this Acadia. I now wish I had kept my paid for 2002 Tahoe instead of this Acadia that I have had to make payments on and be inconvenienced by repairs and numerous recalls. Also good luck with finding tires you can afford because there are only a few brands that will fit and cost around $900.00 for a set. With all the recalls on these vehicles GM SHOULD step up to the plate and recall them.