Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TL Wind Noise

toma03toma03 Member Posts: 3
I am experiencing a wind noise in the driver side window of my 07 TL. This usually happens when there is a crosswind coming from the passenger side. Had the vehicle in for warranty work and was told the problem is inherit with most 07 TL's. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so what was your solution. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a remedy for this.

Comments

• jkm900jkm900 Member Posts: 18
    I have the same problem going down the freeway but on the passenger side. I just assumed it was the mirror.
  • albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    Yes, I had that experienced too. A couple days ago, I was driving like around 3am. Few cars on the road less noise. I realized it that their is a wind noise coming from my driver side window. I check it again today, it was still there.

Here's my temporary solution:
    I drove on a 35mph and 60mph highway. Make sure all windows all closed even moonroof, no music or any sound inside the car. (Driver side window) roll up the window all the way up, then pushed the down button a little bit (like you tap the button until you see the window move down just a little bit)
    I did this and the wind noise disappear, but if you roll up the window all the way up the wind noise is back again.

When you brought it to the dealer, did they fix it? And that's all they told you that it was inherited?
  • toma03toma03 Member Posts: 3
    I will give your temporary solution a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

No the dealer did not fix the problem. They said they test drove other 07 TL's on their lot and they had the same problem, which is why they said it is "inherit" with these models. I can't believe other owners are not having a problem. You would think there would be a service bulletin out there on this problem. :cry:
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    It's not just the TL. Our 06 MDX suffers from extreme wind noise as well.
  • albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    They are being smart [non-permissible content removed] now...They dont say anything about that noise while their selling it. All they say is "enhirit" that's stupid answer.
    What state are you at? Because I'm going to try to make an appoinment for it. if they can't fix it I'm going to have them replace the window or window seal.
    Let me know if the wind noise was gone when you tried the temp solotion.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think the word is "inherent" meaning it's a characteristic of the vehicle. That doesn't make it a smart answer, however. :sick:
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Passenger door:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155308&highlight=wind+noise

I've read others use a silicone based lubricant on the seals.

Hope this helps.
  • toma03toma03 Member Posts: 3
    Well, albert5, I finally had a chance to try the temporary solution today and no such luck. So I contacted a local body shop that I have taken work to in the past and he said he would look at it for me. In the meantime, I also contacted the Acura Owners Link and discussed it with them and of course the "case manager" needs to call me back. I will be curious if you take yours back to the dealer and what resolution you end up with.

I am at the point now where I just want it fixed and nobody at Acura (dealer or manufacturer) is responding here.

Good luck.
  • animalsrushanimalsrush Member Posts: 62
    Heads up : Most of the case managers are very courteous but they never help to fix your issue unless it is glaring bad.Mine took them about 4 weeks back and forth and finally he said he couldn't do much. Yours might be a differnt case but don't keep up your hopes
  • 4runman4runman Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I have a similar wind noise on driver side. I fold in the mirror and it stops. Therefore it must be the mirror itself or some turbulence caused by it. It only happens when going above 60mph