Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lighting/Electrical Mods

paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
This is where we'll discuss lighting and electrical modifications and tuning.

Comments

• theblondewontheblondewon Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to install an automatic car starter in my 98 Mazda 626. I have a factory installed car alarm (if that matters!) I am looking for the TACH WIRE, but can not find it!! Its the last thing that I need!! Can anyone help me locate this.. color, location anything!! Thank you! :confuse:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Mazda 626 Troubles discussion too.

Steve, Host
    I have a 98 Mazda 626. I am trying to install an automatic remote start.. I can not find the tach wire. :confuse: any suggestions or answers??
  • cdanyowcdanyow Member Posts: 4
    there is no specific wire called the tach wire, it is usually the odd colored wire at either of the fuel injectors. if u have the tools u can test it, u will need a volt-meter, u will put the positive end in the wire and the other end to ground set a/c volts, now start the viecle u should get a reading off the wire now when u press the accelorator it should increase, but trust me on this its what i do for a living remote starters all day. also if it is equipped with a factory alarm you must hookup factory alarm disarm wire. will write back with exact wire colers.

1998 mazda 626 tacvh wire is at the ignition coil, red or green for 4 cylinder or white for the 6 cylinder, there is not facory alarm disarm, but the doorlocks are brown yellow for lock and white and brown/white at tan plug by hood release
  • accelaccel Member Posts: 4
    I would advice to check with some repair guide for your car.
  • motorguumotorguu Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday my HID kit from Drivenmotoring.com came in the mail. Its a 6000k Bi-Xenon Kit and all of the parts in the kit said "XenonWorx". At first I wasn’t sure how it was going to work but after about 30minutes I had them in the car and running... overall the install was easy
    I am pleased with the beam pattern that you get with this kit and I DO recommend it to others as it offers much more light on "low beam" than even silverstar bulbs do but its no so much that it blinds other drivers, also it passed what I consider the "cop test" last night when I passed a cop on main street and he didn’t do anything.

The High beam setting with these lights is comparable to it being an overcast day. At one point I was on a long strait and hit the highs and saw trees light up over 1/2 mile away.

Right now They have these for sale on Drivenmotoring.com website for 280 bucks, which is 80 bucks less than normal, and offers them in 4300k 6000k 8000k 10000k and 12000k and it really is a plug and play unit. They even can do custom bulbs also. The customer service was awesome, I’d recommend these kits to anybody.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Good find, what car did you put em on?

-mike
    GS 400, when I get my h4 conversion kit I'm going to put them in my Bmw also. the kits are by far the best I've seen on the market. I've tried a couple kits before and they didn't work out to what I was promised. But Travis at drivenmotoring sold me on them. And he delivered everything he promised the best. If You have any ? then Contact him at travis@drivenmotoring.com
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Motorguu, you do realize you can't advertise on here right? Please refrain from advertising, thanks.

-mike
  • jacknzonejacknzone Member Posts: 82
    I am looking for Black body Headlight for my Hyundai Sonata 2004 Rights hand drive , The only place I can get them is the US, My car is right hand drive . My main concern is how far to the left can the beam be adjust, They should fit on the car ok so I been told. I can't get any Clear tail light has anyone seen any . Cheers Jack :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.