Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Offroad?

rmj1rmj1 Member Posts: 9
edited January 2014 in Mitsubishi
Has anyone had their new Outlander onto gravel backroads at all? Not necessarily the gnarly off road trails but logging roads with potholes etc.

Comments

• rmj1rmj1 Member Posts: 9
    Surely someone has bought themselves an suv and used it off road, even a little..
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That is puzzling. You may want to try the main Mitsubishi Outlander discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • wheeljack359wheeljack359 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 outlander, I take it off-road alot. the woods,mud, beach, I even took it into the ocean a bit but i wouldnt recomend it. It has never been stuck. I would watch what you go over though the clearence isnt that high.
  • indigenoususmcindigenoususmc Member Posts: 2

I used my 08 Outlander AWD for gravel logging roads, and muddy logging roads, while hunting. It performed surprisingly well with the stock tires. If you can find more of a all terrain type tread tire, that would help, but good luck. Low profile 18" all terrain tires don't exist. Low ground clearance is the only concern, as I had to retrieve a few splash guards that were torn off from the brush/ruts. The 2.4 L performed quite well in all driving conditions. I know it's not designed for that type of driving, but I don't have a truck:) Good thing I didn't have to try to get the gas cap off:D

• batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606

I have been in Russia with my Outlander GT. I drove more than 10000 miles on horrendous terrain: snow, gravel, mud, ice, pot holes, and water and my Outlander is still going. Car was loaded with a weight equivalente to 7-persons. I am very impressed.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Sounds like fun - love to see some pics!

• batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606

I will do it after downloaded the chip from my camera. I have few photos. The weather was severe (-10 degree centigrade, windy, snowing, and car/trucks passing by at high speed ) . I will do my best.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Looks like a great road trip, thanks!

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704

I have been in Russia with my Outlander GT. I drove more than 10000 miles on horrendous terrain: snow, gravel, mud, ice, pot holes, and water and my Outlander is still going. Car was loaded with a weight equivalente to 7-persons. I am very impressed

batman47 - how can you be on a perpetual driving vacation pert-near all of the time, man? Incredibly cool for you and the way your Mitsubishi Outlander is handling the long distances strengthens my already solid view of Mitsubishi rigs. Our '08 Lancer GTS just passed 122,000 miles. She's going in on Tuesday for tires and alignment. No problems with the car whatsoever 7 years after buying it.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick