Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,736
edited February 2014 in Buick
Tell us what you paid for your new Enclave!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• boomzerboomzer Member Posts: 37
    I went to drop something off at dealer and to my surprise and theirs (they said the Enclave would not come in til early June) they had two new Enclaves. I was trying to talk my wife into the Acadia, but she didn't like the way it looked and saw the pictures of the Enclave and wanted to see what it looked like in person. She loved the Enclave and after a test drive wanted to buy. I offered $500 over invoice and was told no way. Went home and sure enough they called me and said it was a deal. As it turns out, my wife did not want the ones on the lot as they had light interior and we have two small children. So I asked if the deal would be the same if I ordered, after hesitating, they agreed. I went down to order one and found out the invoice price was $900 more than Edmunds due to a 2% advertising fee. The fee and the possibility that the conquest rebate could end prior to the car coming in, I balked. The sales manager said if I ordered a standard combination, I could do so with no risk, I would have right of first refusal but no obligation. So I did, I ordered a fully loaded black on black (wanted Cocoa with black, but they said that was not a standard combination). The bad part was that I had a special private offer from GM of $1000 that is good for the Acadia but not the Enclave. The sales manager told me to call GM and ask for a "hands up rebate", meaning maybe if you raise your hand and ask for one they might send you something. So I did, I was put on a list to be contacted with any offers, maybe something will materialize prior to the delivery date that will offset the ad fee.

To give you numbers, on an MSRP of 44,950, the invoice price was 41,240 without the ad fee. So the deal was 41,740 plus about 900 ad fee.
  • music287music287 Member Posts: 116
    We ordered an Enclave weeks ago for "Invoice plus ..." Our dealer just told us that our cuv has been built and is being shipped "as we speak." He says that, as of last week he didn't have firm invoice prices from GM (although they appear in the Edmunds and KBB sites.)

Can anyone confirm that GM has provided invoice prices to their Buick dealers? I want to firm up our contract.

Jay
    The salesperson showed me the invoice price. It matched Edmunds to the penny except for the ad fee
  • glimoglimo Member Posts: 23
    glad to see this thread up and running.

We solicited fax quotes from 6 local dealers (sent in quote requests through multiple websites initially). After some back and forth bargaining on the phone, the best offer we have now is $350 less than dealer invoice (including destination and ad fees). On top of that we need to pay tax, tag/registration ($260, this is only a little higher than titling/tag services charge here) and $100 doc fee.

This offer is still $500 from our initial bottomline (Edmunds invoice price). But the manager is not willing to budge further. All the other offers are at least $450 more than this. Should we just cave in at this point or try to haggle more face-to-face? If we delay ordering any further, we will risk losing the $1k conquest cash.
    We ordered an Enclave weeks ago for "Invoice plus ..." Our dealer just told us that our cuv has been built and is being shipped "as we speak." He says that, as of last week he didn't have firm invoice prices from GM (although they appear in the Edmunds and KBB sites.)

Can anyone confirm that GM has provided invoice prices to their Buick dealers? I want to firm up our contract.

Jay

I can confirm that dealers have invoice price now. At least 3 dealers showed invoice price on their quote. It's Edmunds invoice plus ad fee.
    Are they seriously that fast building and shipping Enclaves? In that case I probably shouldn't worry about the conquest cash
    You have made me rethink my order, I thought $500 over invoice was a good deal considering it was a brand new model and that Acadia buyers were having some trouble negotiating. $350 under is great price, even if they stick you with the ad fee, that gets you back to where I wanted to be, which was $500 over the Edmunds invoice amount. Throw in the conquest rebate and your under invoice. I would take it, my dealer indicated that the order time was 8 to 10 weeks, which will be real close to July 9th when the conquest ends. I'm going to solict some website bids and see what I get back in return.
    Hubby and I went to the dealership this afternoon and placed the order. The manager wouldn't budge on the selling price no matter what. We knew it wasn't a bad deal already and since I'm 8 months pregnant, I really didn't want to walk out and start the negotiation elsewhere from the scratch. Finally we talked him into removing the doc fee and tag/registration charges ($360 total) since we can do our own registration with cash purchase. He also threw in an additional year of free oil change and tire rotation, which isn't worth a lot but still better than nothing.

This is what it breaks down to:

MSRP - $43,725
    Dealer Invoice - $41,083
    Selling Price - $40,725
    Tax - $2,037
    Total cost - $42,762

We paid $500 deposit using credit card. With the order number, we can try to call GM and track order status, but may be referred back to the dealer since GM is overflooded with order inquiries
    Boomzer, definitely shop around a little bit before you firm up the deal. We found the internet quote solicitation to be the least stressful and most effective in our case. When you have several signed fax quotes, you can show the lowest one to the others so they can compete and beat the price. This is much easier than the last time when I purchased a Ford, I had to stay in the dealership for five hours to haggle down the price to my bottomline. I carefully went through every bit of info on carbuyingtips.com and i think it helped.
    Thanks glimo, I'm in the process of doing that now. It really annoys me, that you ask for a quote and they ask you to come in. I feel like screaming what is the point of an internet request. If I can match your deal, any hesitation on ordering will be gone. I see you only paid 5% tax, your not in Jersey are you? What state did you purchase in?
    We are in MD. A couple of dealers asked us to come in and discuss the price or test drive, blah, blah. And I rejected them up front. We've done our homework, so just fax me the base price with all my options, the selling price, estimated tax and whatever fee the dealer need to include and give me an OTD price. Took me 3 days to collect all the quotes and bargain the price. Your patience will pay off :D

BTW, didn't you already place the order?
    I placed an order, but no strings attached. It is marked sold to me, but I gave them no money. They will call me when it comes in and if I don't like the deal or color combo, I can just walk away. Wanted to get in on order to see if I can beat the Conquest deadline. Can you let me know the dealer, maybe I can use a fax quote from them to lower my price in Jersey. I went to Mass to buy my Odyssey to save a lot of money, I don't think I would drive to MD to save $800, but it might be good leverage.

Thanks
    Boomzer, I sent an email to your carspace.com email address on the dealer information. Go to Mailbox and you'll see it.
    Got it, thanks very much
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    I am in (north central) MD as well. I have had several dealers give me the run around on what they have in stock One called me Saturday AM, with a "one day only" offer on a cocoa brown Enclave CXL. Can you let me know which dealers you dealt with, and who gave you the best deal? Were you able to get under invoice? I can get the GM supplier pricing, but that means losing the conquest rebate. I am also concerned about getting the car before the 7/9/07 deadline for the rebate.
    Can you tell me what the "special private offer" is from GM? Also, who did you contact, and how did you ge the "hands up rebate"? Was any dealer willing to negotiate the ad fee?
    Can you tell us where you got pricing that was $350 below invoice? What state are you in?
  • axiamaaxiama Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a CX FWD tonight - exactly 8 weeks away from the 7/9 deadline so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I ordered cloth seats, a sunroof, and audio controls for the 2nd row.

I wanted the DVD player until I learned that the one pictured in the large Enclave brochure (2 headrest DVD's) isn't the DVD system that comes with Entertainment package 2. Someone please tell me why the factory brochure shows a DVD system that you can't buy from the factory. Anyone?

So, the MSRP for my vehicle is $35,295. Invoice: 32,785
    I'm paying $34,153
    - 1,000 conquest cash (again, fingers crossed)
    - 1,870 GM Earnings
    Final: 31,283 (Plus TTL)

Here's how the purchasing experience went:

Last week I sent an email request to the three local dealerships requesting pricing information on Enclaves. One responded with a series of grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. The second responded with "come in to the dealership." The third actually sent me a price for a similar Enclave they were expecting in 2 weeks. I chose to correspond further with dealer #3. I did not get a price for "my" car online. After I built the car at the dealership they told me that they were only selling cars at sticker price - non-negotiable. I, of course, politely declined and left the dealership. This morning they called and asked what I would like to pay. I chose the Edmunds TMV as my price and I added their advertising fee of $518.40. (I'm not really a hard core stick-it-to-the-dealership kind of shopper - I just want a fair price.) They easily agreed to the price.

Hint for future buyers: The salesman explained that the dealership was only allotted so many Enclaves, thus the sticker price only policy. However, since I was ordering a car, and it didn't count against their allotment, the general sales manager approved my price in hopes of increasing the number of 2009 models they would receive. This might be a line but it sounded reasonable so I bought it.

Now I sit and wait...
    I recently received two special offers from GM, the first was $1,000 to $1,500 off about 5 vehicles, mostly GMC, but the Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia were both listed as $1,000 off. I was told this could be combined with the Conquest rebate. As my wife doesn't want the Acadia, but likes the Enclave, this is doing me no good. The sales manager at the dealer suggested I call the number on the offer to see about the "hands up" rebate. While GM said they couldn't transfer the rebate to the Enclave, they did say they would put me on a notification list of any special offers that do become available. I'm hoping that in the next couple of months, they will send me something. The second offer was for $250 if I test drove a GM vehicle between May 1st and July something, it would be added to my GM Card points and you have til January '08 to buy a vehicle.
    After hearing someone actually got $350 under invoice, when adding the ad fee, that became $500 over the Edmunds invoice, I sent an e-mail to the dealer I put in the order to let them know I was shopping, but they could put an end to my searching if they met that price. They have not responded. I did contact the dealer in MD that Glimo indicated she got the deal from. I'm hoping to get something in writing and then take that around to local dealers. If not, I might go to MD to buy.
    Boomzer, are all those GM offers a side benefit of your GM card? Did you have to sign up for special notifications? If I can get another $1k off on top of the conquest cash, that would be grand! It's too late for me to get a new GM card and accrue points, but if I'm lucky enough, I might receive a coupon for Enclave.

The MD dealer i dealt with wasn't really pleasant when we first started negotiating in person. The sales person gave us a nasty look and said the price was way too low. It sounded like he wasn't motivated to sell the car at that price at all. So we left his office and talked directly to his manager. Though at the end we were not able to get the price lowered, at least he took off the doc/registration fees and gave us some free services. Now we just need to do our own tagging and registration.
    ody02tjk, I sent you an email @carspace.com
    Glimo: did the dealer in Laurel MD make you come into their offices to do the order, or did they do it over the phone/fax? Due to the distance, and related 295/95/695 traffic, I would like to not waste 45-60 minutes each way in traffic.
    Glimo: did the dealer in Laurel MD make you come into their offices to do the order, or did they do it over the phone/fax? Due to the distance, and related 295/95/695 traffic, I would like to not waste 45-60 minutes each way in traffic.

We went in person. They didn't say a visit was necessary, but I would've done it anyway since this is a big purchase and too many things can go wrong. If you read the recent posts in the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave thread, you'd probably do the same.
    I did not do anything to get the two offers I mentioned. It is probably a good idea to sign up for a card, they fairly regularly send me offers, like double my points, etc. I will get the phone number off the private offer that I called tomorrow and let you know. I can't hurt to call.
    I did not do anything to get the two offers I mentioned. It is probably a good idea to sign up for a card, they fairly regularly send me offers, like double my points, etc. I will get the phone number off the private offer that I called tomorrow and let you know. I can't hurt to call.

That'll be really helpful. When u called the number, did you have to provide them with your GM card information?

The GM flexible card is not as good as before. Only 3% redemption rate now.
    What I received was an exclusive private offer valid until 6/18/07. It provided $1500 off on the Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Yukon & Yukon XL; $1000 off on the Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, GMC Envoy and Chevy Trailblazer. The number I called was a general GM number 1-866-908-0008 listed on the offer. They did not ask for my GM card as I don't think they were affiliated. Again, they indicated they could not transfer the offer to the Enclave, but said would put me on a list to be informed of any offers that arise. It definitely could be used in combination with the Conquest rebate. I'm hoping they send something but not counting on it.
    Dealer called us on Monday (10 days after we ordered) and said the order has been picked up by the manufacturer but no production date has been assigned. Does anyone have any idea on how long it might take from here on?
  • fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    I received the same mailing about a month ago. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I had just changed my vehicle preference to the GMC Acadia on the GM Credit Card web site about three weeks prior to that. Unfortunately, we have decidede on the Enclave and don't plan on purchasing it until Labor Day or the last day of 2007.
    Even though I leased an Audi Q7 over this past weekend, I came close to leasing an Enclave. Most of the dealers I shopped were willing to lease based on a selling price at $100-200 over invoice price.
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    I'm sure that I am going about this in the wrong way, but i am trying to be honest with dealers on-line and getting an onl-line quote. I'll try to be more specific. I have contacted about 10 dealerships requesting a price for an Enclave. I have told them what I want, and don't want, on the car, and mentioned that I would want to lease, for 36, 39, or 48 months. Only 3 have answered me: one said "about $500.", the other 2 asked me to call them (why, I already told them what I want).
    Am I asking the wrong way, or is business so good that they can just skip over a willing buyer. Incidentally, I've told all of them that I want to lease 3 of them...1 for me and 2 for my 2 sons.
    Can anyone tell me (in 1000 words or less) what I'm doing wrong?
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    We just ordered a new Enclave CXL today. Cocoa Metallic with Cashmere interior. Navigation, Luxury Package, Chrome Wheels, Skyroof, and towing package. MSRP is $43560. We paid $40,520.76, $100 under invoice. We had 2 invoice or better offers, but could not negotiate the advertising fees. We have an order # and it should arrive the first part of August. We drove the MDX, the Cx9, the Acadia, the Veracruz, the Saturn and the FX 35. We had a 2003 FX 35 and totalled it in December. It was the most fun and finest automobile we had ever owned. However, we decided we needed more room with the new grandaughter, ect. We were able to negotiate invoice on all of them ($1,000 under on the FX). We were ready to buy the CX9 and changed our mind at the last minute. The MDX was the most fun to drive (after the FX35), but wanted a little more room. The CX9 Grand Touring was not doubt the best value. The Enclave was the most luxurious of them and it had a backup camera available, whereas the Acadia did not. It is the softest riding and less sporting of the group, but it's versatility. looks, and size made the difference. We currently have a 2005 SRX with Nav & DVD and 3rd seat. It is a great handling car, but a lot of small things started going wrong and the 3rd seat was minimal. Didn't feel it was the car we wanted to own for the next 7-8 years. We hope we are not dissappointed in our decision.
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    jpiatchek, what state do you live in and I just wanted to confirm that you bought and did not lease? I've spoken to delears in CT who say they won't even honor the X plan or GM Employee program since they feel they can get retail+, I typically shop in NJ anyway because most CT dealers seem to be disconnected from reality.
    I am in Springfield, Mo and I talked to the internet managers or salesmanagers and told them I was going to order and I wanted to do it at invoice. One dealer in Bolivar, Mo. I bought a new GTO from about 9 months ago and the other was right near my house. Once I got a commitment from one, the other dealer where I was test driving and ordered didn't want to lose the business. Their last offer origanlly was $200 over invoice until I got the other dealer to go to invoice. One dealer tried to dealer trade for the car I wanted at the same price, but we culd not find one within 300 miles like I wanted equipped. The dealer where I ordered found one nearby like I wanted, but they didn't want to dealer trade and wanted about $1,000 more. It really wasn't hard to do. However, I would email several dealers and I'm sure you will find one to do. A couple of years ago, I bought a 2005 Mustang GT Conv. when they were hot at invoice. Most everyone was $2-3000 over MSRP, but I found two dealers that would order at invoice. You just have to beat the bushes a little. Going through the internet managers or emailing is the easiest route. You will find a couple that want to sell a car. They still are making a bunch at invoice. Hope this helps. And yes, I did buy, not lease.
  • readyformyrlreadyformyrl Member Posts: 70
    excellent information, thanks jpiatcheck.
  • bioedwardsbioedwards Member Posts: 5
    I ordered an Enclave on April 12 and have yet to receive any possible delivery date from my dealer is this normal or should I look elsewhere? The dealer says they have no information as to a possible date. Can I check it out some way?
  • griz7674griz7674 Member Posts: 3
    I currently drive a 2005 F150 Supercrew 4wd. It's killing me on gas but it will seat 6 people which is nice since I have 4 children. I have test drove quite a few crossovers and keep coming back to the Enclaves.

I spoke with a dealership about 3 hours from me and here is their offer.

Lease:
    36 month lease based upon a GMS purchase price of $31,078. I am allowed 25,000 miles a year with a residiual of $17,547 and a money factor of 8.2. They are allowing me $19,000 on my F150 which I owe $23,879 on. This brings my monthly lease payment to $705 or $608 if I go with $12,000 miles.

I have never leased before so am unfamiliar with what constitutes a good deal. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Bob
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Not enough info to give you an answer...wondering more about if you can economically justify dumping the F150 for an Enclave. IF you drive 25,000 miles a year and get 12 MPG in the F150 and could maybe get 21 MPG by shifting to an Enclave, that could save you maybe 70 gallons a month. At $3/gallon, you would be saving $210 a month is gas.

You then mention 12,000 miles a year, so if I adjust the calculations to about half that mileage, you would only save $100 or so a month in gas. If you are only going to be saving $100/month is gas, does it really make sense to trade? One kicker of course is that you will have to roll $4,879 of negative equity into a 36 month lease or about $130 to $140 a month right there.

So, will you be any better off doing that vs keeping the F150 for a couple of years until it is paid off or you are at least even and not upside down?

Beware leasing for low mile allowance then having a large mileage penalty at the end. Wondering about that since you quoted both 25K & 12K miles.

I can't comment on the lease deal you were offered...I have not leased and have not sat down and gone through the process to see how it works. Sorry on that point.

Just one thought, some folks like the Ford Freestyle...I have seen them advertised for the low $20K range lately, some have said $25K for a loaded Limited. 7 passenger as well, maybe not on the level of the Enclave but if your decision is really economic, it might be worth a look.

Good day,
    Bill
    For the past month, or so, I've been looking into leasing an Enclave CXL. I presently lease a 2005 Terraza @ $371/ month, and the lease expires in January of 2008. The best "deal" so far is for a CXL with the Luxury & Driver Confidence Packages, no down payment, @ $521/month. What I want has to be special ordered, so it would be about September 1st for delivery. GM willl probably have a 2 month buy-back, and the dealer will pick up 1 months' payment for me. After contacting about 15 dealers, this is the best so far. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • lwolf99lwolf99 Member Posts: 83
    Can anyone comment on Advertising Fees. I saw a dealer invoice for an 08 Enclave CXL AWS in the Pittburgh, PA area, and there were two additional items on the invoice that was not expecting.
    - $450 for LAM Dealer Contribution
    - $225 for LAM Group Contribution
    - so a total of $675

Are these Advertising Fees? Should I expect to include this amount in any calculations for dealer invoice price? In other words, if Edmunds invoice price is $41668. Do I need to add an additional $675 to that figure when trying to calculate an offer price of invoice + $some number.

Thanks in advance.
  • bernhbernh Member Posts: 7
    I most applaud you on getting such a good deal; I have been through the worst weekend of my life trying to purchase a loaded Enclave. I live in Miami and have searched every dealer in south Florida all the way to Tampa, fl. and cannot get a dealer to budge below MSRP. NOTHING, not even 100.00 off. I went to Miami Lakes GMC-Pontiac (yes I am going to say the name so no one will go to this dealer) and the dealer actually said they had to add an additional 4,000 to MSRP because of availability. Man did I laugh in his face; this dealership was looked down on by many dealers that I talked to afterward. Anyway, I have been on the phone all day still no luck. How did you do it? All I’m trying to get is 1,000 off the MSRP. They are still making tons of money on this vehicle. (GREED) Anyway, I’m not giving up I will keep trying. :mad:
  • budibudi Member Posts: 41
    bernh, are you looking to purchase off the lot or factory order? It seems from the two dealers that I was working with that dealers are trying to hold firm to MSRP on cars on the lot and will negotiate on factory. The first dealer would only knock off $400 from MSRP, I was like :P I can do better than that! I did a factory order and I am slightly below edmunds tmv.

p.s. There also was no trade involved on my deal.
    We were trying to purchase off the lot, no one has offered to order us one, should we request it? We don't have a trade in either we are not doing any financing either we have already have the money we just need to purchase from the dealer. Today we had a dealer offer 350 off MSRP. We are still not happy with that. How do we go about ordering one? Your help is appreciated... :cry:
    I hope this helps...I went on-line to Edmunds, picked out the car (Buick, 2008, Enclave), then the body style (CXL or CX), then the color and options that I wanted (not what some dealer had on his lot). Then, I went to different dealers and told THEM what I wanted! I just asked them for a price. It's really none of their business, at this point, if you have a trade-in, are paying cash, or are financing. All you want is the price...and tell them you are willing to wait the 10 weeks, or so, for the car as YOU want it. Good luck in your search.
    Thank you, I'll let you know how it works out....
    I just got my Enclave. CXL, AWD, Cocoa Metallic, Luxury Package, Drivers Convenience Package, Entertainment Package #4, Trailering Package, and Dual Moonroof.

I agreed to $200 over invoice, minus $1000 Conquest Cash Rebate, equals $800 under dealer invoice. I got a SmartLease from GMAC, 39-month lease, with 59% residual.

It was a dealer demo, with 800 miles on it. I wished I could have got one with zero miles on it, but there were absoletely no Enclaves in inventory in the Greater Pittsburgh, PA area, that had the Trailering package. I found a few similarly configured ones without the Trailering package, but I wanted the hitch. I could have ordered, but the Conquest rebate was ending, so I took the deal. Dealer was nice (Budd Baer, Washington, PA). They originally offered $1300 over invoice, and 7.7% lease rate. When then came down to $200 over invoice and 7.2% lease rate, I agreed.
  • budibudi Member Posts: 41
    After contacting the dealer through edmunds. I wrote to the internet sales manager saying can you do this deal. I spelled out the options I wanted and what i wanted to spend including transportation minus any incentives at time of delivery. They accepted, I ordered ( gave a 1k deposit). Could I have gotten a lower price? probablly. I feel I got a fair price and he was getting a fair profit. You just need to take the bull by the horns and name your price rather than they dictating terms.
    Be nice, reasonable and I think you will get a better deal ordering than purchasing off the lot. I think dealers make a huge profit on the "got to have it now" condition.
    Good luck
  • jeanb1jeanb1 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered to Enclave on April 9....This is now July 3 and I am still waiting with no end in sight.

I have tried every which way to check it out. GM cannot tell you anything more than they received way more orders than they expected for this car, then they refer you back to the dealer who can tell you nothing!

So I am going on 3 months and have a feeling that it will not come in much before August.

Depressing since there is no other crossover that I want. None have the size, features and quality that the Enclave has.
  • eabnyeabny Member Posts: 1
    Hi...I am interested in the Enclave with similar features as yours. Can you give me some real life MPG you are getting from the vehicle? Thanks for your help.
    I have only had it for a few days, so I really can't give accurate MPG numbers, yet. Sorry.
    Congratulations on your lease. I figured they would come down to your terms once you had the facts in front of them.
    I posted on message 31 that I had ordered an Enclave on June 15. I stopped in my dealer today and he printed a page showing my order number. It said-"Current Event: 3000-Accepted by Production Control" He said that meant they accepted the order. He said the next code would be "3300" Which means going to production. He still maintains it should be delivered the first week or two of August. I told him that others have been waiting since April 1 and still no car. He said it was probably in a small dealership with small allotments. He said there would be no problem in that they were a large dealership and had no problem with allotments. I will keep you posted. They also ordered it at Priority 1. I wonder what the priority number is of those of you that have been waiting for a long time. I will keep you posted.