Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    April is around the corner...wondering if anyone knows of anything GM will be offering re: the Enclave in April and if it makes sense to wait until next week if I'm deciding this week to do something?
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Member Posts: 95
    I have not heard of it being done, nor would I would not expect the discount to be as high as $2000 on any of the Lambda vehicles; but hey,there's no harm in trying. Go for it!
    I doubt it would hurt to wait until April, since the lease deals essentially suck now, to put it kindly. I wouldn't bet any money that there will be any significant deals in April, though. I think the only significant risk is that the car you're interested in might have been sold.
    $1000-$1500 under invoice for a CX-9 is a killer deal. I saw posts in that forum of unbelievable lease rates and low drive-off costs for 27 month leases. Even if you didn't like the car, you could certainly live with it for 27 months. You can get a hell of a lot of car for under $500/month.
    The manager of the dealership got the car in stock today on his lot...he dealer traded for it and of course they want to sign the deal before the end of the month...I think since they went through all the time to get it, I am just going to do the deal and pick it up this weekend. I was getting quotes from other dealers last week with same low money down and they were quoting me a 48 month payment of like $699 (way too high especially for 48 months).
    Best of luck with the new car - let me know how you like it!
    BTW, heard the 09' Enclaves will start taking orders on April 17th for delivery starting in mid July. Some differences I've heard are heated/cooled seats and possibly a 285 HP engine (possible a V8 coming but not sure if just a rumor). Would be nice to see them put a keyless system on this vehicle. I am not waiting as prices will change and if too high a lease, I then won't be able to get the 08' at all.
    Oh well, GM is going to ride this gravy train for a while and keep lease rates unattractive. If conditions change before my Tahoe lease is up, I'll go for it. As things stand now, I might not continue with leasing a GM car.
    Funny, I just did the same thing with Audi. I am coming up on the end of my 2nd Audi A6 lease. You would think maybe they would care about some retention of previous customers..NO. I called to schedule my lease turn in check up where they inspect the vehicle (pre turn in inspection) and told her I am getting my new car on Saturday. She asked if it was another Audi...I kindly explained my frustration with Audi and their high pricing of options and she told me there is a whold thing going on with Audi concerning that exact suject. They price the options in pkgs that are too expensive instead of just offering the ones I want a la carte like years before. As it turns out, I am very excited about getting the new Enclave and it does feel good to support our country and buy a USA made car...I just hope they don't screw it up for me and sell me a lemon. Fingers crossed!!!!
    I feel your frustration myself. About the only other GM vehicle that interests me is the Saab 93. I am waiting until around May or later when I'm well into the Pull Ahead period to explore whether pricing is better on the Enclave or whether the Saab is worth acquiring. I can tell you through 2 GM vehicle leases, I had warranty service only one time for an extremely minor issue on the Tahoe. That being said, I drive way less than the 12K mi/yr allowed on the lease. If you look at the owner reviews on The Enclave or just about any other car on this site, you'll see a mixed bag of horror and love stories. I hope yours is one of the latter.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bondguy1. While the Buick Enclave is a nice vehicle and I definitely understand the merits of buying American, $660 per month for one is nuts. For that sort of money, I personally would be looking at a BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Acura, or Lexus. The Enclave's current lease program is pretty bad, so if you want to lease one it is important to get as large a dealer discount as possible. You never mentioned the selling price of the vehicle that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. Myself and others will happily give you our opinions of this deal if you let us know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi bondguy1. General Motors' lease program on the 2008 Buick Enclave is exactly the same in April as it was in March. The only new offer on this truck is an owner loyalty program which provides an additional $500 cash incentive on the lease and $1,000 on the purchase of an Enclave to current GM owners and lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

I completely agree with your sentiments on paying that kind of money for a Buick. Even if it were a sign and drive lease, that is a crazy amount of money to shell out for that car.
    I don't have the contract in front of me at this moment but I remember seeing something for cap cost of about $39,900 or around there...maybe $39,940...something like that. As far as paying that much for a Buick and being able to get a BMW for that money...go try and do it in my market in South Florida. No money down on a BMW lease is still coming out of pocket with about $4,000 at start. Second, there were no BMW's that interest me. The 5 series to me is ugly as heck, the 7 series too expensive and the 5 series SUV is way too much money to lease...probably about $800+ per month plus tax. I could have leased a Volvo or Mazda CX9 for low $500's including tax and it had more stuff on it featurewise but it's not the same car. First of all, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Mazda only come with a 3/36 warranty? If so, and I was going to lease for 39 months with 15K/annually , what happens when I'm over mileage? I thought the same as you...that much for a Buick...I couldn't even believe I was getting a Buick. I could have for similar money got a Tahoe or bigger SUV. I could have leased a brand new Lincoln Navigator for $597/month sign and drive with scheduled maintenance included...only 10,500 miles allowed per year but could have probably bumped it up to 15K for a little more per month..problem is, my wife is only 4'11" tall...she can't park something that huge...second, do I really want to get only 13 MPG on a Navigator (NO). I was coming out of a fully loaded 2005 Audi A6...second Audi A6 lease in a row...six years of a German car (although a great car) and I was ready for a change. I never had an SUV before and liked the style and features on the Buick. I was saying the same thing as you about paying that much for a Buick. The Audi Q7 SUV is nice looking but has too many terrible reviews...the cars are a mechanical nightmare...had a friend who purchased one and had to Lemon Law the thing. Plus, they similarly equipped as the Buick were at $61,000 pricetag. So, I put it to you...find me that BMW or Mercedes for the same money...oh, yes, I could have leased the Merdedes R class (the stationwagon looking one) for probably similar money but don't like the looks and there are way too many Mercedes in my area...the service at the Mercedes dealers locally is terrible....you have to make an appointment weeks in advance...I don't want that hassle nor do I like driving something that looks like a stationwagon. I like the fact that there aren't too many Enclaves on the road...more unique is okay with me. And, the reliability of Buick according to the JD Power results from August of 07' were number one, tied with Lexus. My residual I think was 59% for a 39 month lease. Total including first payment at start to dealer was $1,250 check. For what it's worth, that $660 per month is including tax.Also, you have to figure in other factors. On most new leases, unless you go for another term with the same brand afterwards, you have a big disposition fee (a nice way for the leasing company to scrw you out of anywhere from $300 to $400 extra dollars to turn the car in). So, add that into the equation...no dispostition with GM. Second, I am allowed on my lease to turn it in with up to $5,000 dollars in damage (hopefully not enough dents or dings will be on the car to equal that amount). This means, that if my tires ar low on tread or there are a few scratches or the interior is dirty, I can safely turn it in without worries. You obviously have never leased a Lexus and then not released with them again. I have freiends who have done this and their leasing company (not sure it it was Toyota Financial or not) tried screwing them out of perfectly clean looking cars...claiming the leather was dirty and charging them and similar other things. No worry lease with GM in that department. So, again, I put it to you, the choices when you factor all of these things in arent' as clear cut as you say. Plus, which Lexus are you talking about for less money per month? An RX series SUV which is tiny and styled from 8 to 10 years old with new tailights or trim to call it the new model this year...nope, not for me. The Enclave is a car that has a long list of great features, good warranty and more unique looking than all the other choices in this price range. Just my opinions though!!!
  • bobinchitownbobinchitown Member Posts: 2
    Car guy (or anyone else!),

I'll be heading out this weekend to look seriously at an Enclave...CXL AWD w/about $4k in exras. I'll be leasing: 36mo. & 45k total mi. It's early June so I'm wondering what residual and GMAC APR I should shoot far. (Thnx to Edmubds I have the Cap cost targert figure!) What are the current programs for current GMAC lease holders besides the current "pull forward?
    Hi Bob. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Buick Enclave with 15,000 miles per year are an unattractive 8.0% and 60%, respectively. I believe that General Motors is only waiving the final two payments for current lessees who lease a new GM product right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • jomac69jomac69 Member Posts: 2
    Hey CarMan...is there any benefit to leasing a used Enclave? Say if one already had 12000 miles on it....could you get a 24 or 27 month lease that would be a much lower payment since the residual would still be the same for 36000 miles at 60%? Or is this bass ackwords? How does this work...if it does at all?
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    I don't think you can lease a used car, only new...at least in NY.
    Hey jomac69. Most states do allow the leasing of used vehicles, however generally speaking used vehicle leases are usually not very good deals. The Buick Enclave might be the exception to this rule because its new vehicle lease program is so bad, but I have never heard of anyone leasing a used one. One thing's for sure, the truck's residual value definitely would not be the same percentage as a new Enclave's would. Any bank that would lease a used Enclave would have a completely different lease program for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • cofla99cofla99 Member Posts: 9
    Carman please help. whats the best lease can Aim for on a q7 with, conv and nav 36 mo 10k miles. no down. (florida lava gray)
    I was considering the enclave but it doesnt seam to have an avertised leased program.
    THANKS
    Hi cofla99. This is probably more of a question for the Q7 discussion, but since you are considering an Enclave as well I'll respond quickly here. It is difficult for me to estimate what the monthly payment will be for the Q7 that you are interested in without knowing what its full MSRP and selling price are. I can tell you that Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 10,000 miles per year are around .00006 and 53%, respectively. You can plug these numbers, along with the aforementioned prices, into the formula that is outlined in the following article to get an approximate lease payment for this tuck: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    Cofla99:

I ended up with the Enclave and Q7 as my top 2 choices when buying a car last May. I found that with Audi's excellent leasing deals (basically no interest on their leases), the monthly payment on a 3.6 Premium Q7 with Nav, 20in wheels, 4 seasons, panorama roof, bluetooth, convenince, and premium paint came to only $695/mo for 36 months, with 12K miles per year. The upfront costs were $3000, part of which was the first payment.

While the Buick is quite nice, and a good bit roomier than the Audi, the GM lease rates and residuals are not good at all. The loaded Enclave (CXL AWD) I attempted to buy ended up with a lease pmt of $690/mo, with the same mileage and term as the Audi. For the extra $5 per month, there is no comparison.

I found that the Edmunds true market price is about on target for here in MD. Check your local dealers, and hold out for the true market prices. Use the true market price to estimate your lease pmt. Also, the Edmunds lease pmt program was spot on with all of lease calculations I did. Figure out your sales price, and plan on 51% residual (52% with the Audi Care program) rate.
  • slamslam Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to lease a new '08 Enclave FWD CXL loaded with a MSRP price of ~$45K. Monthly payment on a 39-month lease is $540 - 550 including tax. Here's the break down:

Neg. Price: $39,950
    Down Payment: $2,500
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 12K per year
    Residual: 64%
    Money Factor: 8%

Is this a good deal? I'm concerned with the high money factor and not getting the rock bottom negotiated price (since '09 will be due out soon).
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    The 2009's are just about at the dealers' doorstep, which is why the "deal" is so "good". Personally, I'd get a 2009.(I happily own a 2008.) There are a few more "new" items...heated (and cooled) seats, a DI engine, back-up camera is standard, etc. Go to enclaveforum.net for some more info. In this market, I think you could probably get just as good a deal, and a year newer.
  • cofla99cofla99 Member Posts: 9
    thanks ody02tjk and car man.
    Carman, can you please take a look at the q7 forum, I posted the car details so you guys cant help me figure out whats the deal I should be aiming for.
    Thanks
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0c4862/715
  • golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    Is GM still offering lease deals on the Enclave?

Can you please provide me with the residual and money factor on the 2009 CXL (with 8 passenger bench if that makes a difference) on a 3yr/15k lease.

thanks and Happy Holidays
    golic
    HI golic. Unfortunately, General Motors' financial problems forced it to pull the plug on its lease program. As a result, you will not be able to lease an Enclave through GMAC right now. You might be able to lease one through an independent bank...if you can find a bank that is willing to lease you one, but chances are that it will be a pretty expensive lease and you would be better off financing or paying cash for this truck right now.

There was a rumor floating around that GM would reintroduce leasing now that GMAC got multi-billion dollar cash infusion from the government, it used the money to roll out special financing rates, but I personally am skeptical because after the details of GMAC's deal with the government were published I believe that I read something about it not being allowed to lease vehicles.

If you really want to lease, you will be better off going with a vehicle from a different manufacturer.

Car_man
    Host
  • octagon3octagon3 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man -

After almost 2 years of looking at the Lambdas, we're finally going to pull the trigger (I think they fix all of the little issues, and the new engine, bluetooth and cooled seats were items we were waiting for). We have Employee pricing, but I want to get some of the Re-Concensus cash. Is there any way to figure out how much cash the dealer received? Should I just tell them I want $2000 off, with the $2750 rebates and Employee pricing?
    Hi octagon3. I'm impressed that you're aware of the re-consensus cash program. I believe that involves special cash incentives that dealers receive for taking additional vehicles from General Motors into their inventory. Several manufacturers are running programs like this right now because they are choking on their inventory and dealers are refusing to take any more cars. The problem with this sort of incentive is it is impossible to know which dealers received the cash. I assume that many did not.

GM is not providing employee pricing for everyone on its vehicles right now. I take it that you must be an actual GM employee. If not, the only way that you can get a special low price is to be a member of a credit union. GM is providing credit union members with supplier pricing on all of its products right now.

You can always shoot for a selling price that's way below dealer invoice minus all of the available incentives and see what happens. If the dealer bites, chances are that they got some of the re-consensus cash. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    Car_man,

Please provide the 36 month / 15000 miles a year lease numbers on a 2010 AWD Enclave 1XL.

Thank you
    Hi dolphin5. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave AWD 1XL with 15,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 42%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,250 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • jp125jp125 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Carman:

I'm looking at getting a 2010 enclave AWD 2xl with 15k miles and 3 years also. I am located in Maryland. I see your previous post, but could you tell me if anything has changed for October. I called 2 dealers and they both told me the rate was 1.6% Is that the new rate for October, or are they just trying to get paid on the interest rate also?
    Also, are they still offering the 2250 cash incentive in October and is the residual still 42%? And, If you know the security deposit for these leases please let me know that also. Is the security deposit required or can they waive it, and is there a minimum credit score needed to qualify for this lease?

I am also considering leasing this vehicle and registering it in NY. From my understanding they are leasing through another bank and not gmac in NY. Do you have the lease rate and residual for a NY lease at the same terms above?

Thank You
    Hi jp125. GMAC's new October base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 44%, respectively. It's difficult to say why the dealers told you a slightly higher rate, as you mentioned the reason could be mark-up, but the numbers that I mentioned are definitely right.

Yes, the $2,250 cash incentive is still available on leases of this truck through GMAC this month.

Most banks charge a security deposit that's equivalent to vehicles' monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment on leases.

You're right, for some reason GM leases in New York are run through US Bank instead of GMAC. The lease rate for a US Bank lease of this truck is slightly higher at 0.72% and the lease cash is a little lower, $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently leased a GM or Chrysler vehicle in the past two months . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, October 8, 2009.
  • cats13cats13 Member Posts: 33
    Sorry if these are basic questions, but I'm a nubie so humor me pls:

1. where are you guys pulling all the lease rates and residual values from? Is there some sort of schedule the rest of us can access? Or do I have to come back here and post each time depending on the specific Enclave model, yr, location, etc.?

2. what's the story if you lease in one state (say, NY), but then relocate to another (say, TN)? How does that impact the lease, if at all?

Many thanks
  • jp125jp125 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you for responding carman. I am getting close to leasing the enclave. If possible, could you provide the acquisition fee / bank lease fee for GMAC and also US Bank?

Could you provide the security deposit required from each gmac & US Bank also? What is the minimum credit score gmac & US Bank will accept?

Last question, Do people who lease get gmac's 1000 discount along with the lease incentive of 1500(US Bank) or 2250(GMAC). For example, the total off a US Bank lease would be $2,500 (1500 + 1000).
  • HardC0d3rHardC0d3r Member Posts: 4
    What is the story behind this offer on

http://www.buick.com/pages/mds/pricing/affordability.do
    $2735 due at signing
    $409/mo 39 months 39000 miles

Payments are for 2010 Buick Enclave CX with MSRP of $35,940. Month payment total $15,932.67. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. GMAC must approve lease. Take delivery by 11/2/09. Lessee pays for excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.

As of October 14, 2009, if I have the right math, this is %51 residual with %0 lease cash calculation. If you take 0.6 lease cash, then this is around %60 residual value, is that not right? Since this is on the buick site, I don't know where the %40 residual is coming from?

I called a dealer to get a quote for $650 instead of this with about the same down payment. So the "dealers are trying to ripp off" and "they deserve to go bankrupt" are two favorite phrases in my mind now.

If this SUV looses %60 of its value during the lease term, give me one good reason to lease or buy this vehicle... I rather buy a 2007 Enclave with 39000 miles on it for a fraction of the price. I would feel ripped if I buy this for anything above the advertised lease deal...
    Like I said above, I'm a newbie - both to this forum and to leasing - so there's a good chance that I might not have all my ducks in a row. But it seems to me that A LOT is missing from that ad, and there's also a little bit of trickery in there.

For starters, how can they possibly calculate the monthly lease payment with the language "option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing." Isn't that another way of saying that the residual amount is not yet fixed? If that's the case, and regardless of what else the ad might say about total monthly payments, etc., you're missing 2 important factors in determing the monthly pymnt: the money factor and the residual. You can work it out with one missing variable, but not 2. So how they come up with $409/month is a mystery to me.

Also, I don't think the $409 includes sales tax, but it kinda looks like it's based off the full MSRP price which I'd never agree to in a million years Also looks like you're probably waiving the GMAC incentives. Bottom line, the ad just smells fishy to me.
    Also, looks like the downpymt in the ad is much more than basic security deposit, bank fee and first month pymt. So I can only imagine that the difference is a true downpymt towards the car itself, which is another thing I'd never do in a milion years on a lease. Sure, it might make the monthly pymt look lower, but at some point you gotta measure everything based on the real wealth factor as opposed to the short term view of just low monthly pymts. For instance, I was at a dealer last weekend that dangled a sub $600/month lease pymt on a loaded 2010 CXL2 stickered at about $45K. Sounds good, right? Until, of course, he later flew through a sentence that included the phrase "$4K downpymt" almost half-muttered under his breadth. I walked out without saying good-bye.
    There's no silly questions, cats13. Better to ask as much as possible and go into the dealer prepared than to get taken advantage of. I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs directly to the general public. Having said that, I should be able to help you out with any information that you need.

You are free to move anywhere within the continental U.S. when you lease a vehicle. The only issue that you may run into is sales or use tax.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jp125. I haven't checked on the acquisition fees for GMAC or US Bank lately, but I suspect that they both charge something in the vicinity of $600.

GMAC's requires a security deposit that's equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $25 increment. I suspect that US Bank's requirement is similar, but I don't know that for a fact.

I don't believe that the $1,000 consumer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2010 Buick Enclave is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Hey car-man, what gives with the $400 termination fee for a GMAC lease. That coupled with the aquisition fee and upfront money makes leasing very expensive.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    When did GMAC start putting termination fees into their leases? I have two vehicles leased through them and neither has a termination fee.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Local dealer advised that GMAC wants $350 at end of lease if you buy the leased car or $395 if it is turned in at end of lease.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    That's a shame. It makes them like all of the other car companies who charge a turn in fee at the end of the lease. I guess they have changed a lot of things after their restructuring.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
    Hey Mr Car Man: I'm in New York and looking to lease the 2010 Enclave FWD CXL-1. What can you tell me about the November rates from USBank (that's the one that does it in NY in GMAC's place, right?) for the interest rate and residuals on both the 39 months/12K miles/yr and 39 months/15K miles/yr? If possible, can you tell me if they differ b/t the FWD and AWD models?

Since it seems that NY is different from other states, would also love to get info on what sort of fees USBank charges in NY and what incentives are available.

Much appreciated in advance.

FYI, I'm also looking at the Traverse and just posting the identical questions there (but, of course, for the Traverse).
    Car Man and other Leasing Gods around these parts: I know you guys have real jobs and real responsibilities other than answering questions in this forum, but I'm dying for November lease program info on 2010 Enclave FWD CXL-1. I'm in NY and looking at 39 months either at 12k or 15k/yr. What incentives, if any, are coming through USBank?

My apologies in advance for being pushy; smack me around if you must.
    Hey jim1462. I completely agree, disposition fees are very, very annoying. With some banks, you're talking about a grand in fees between the acquisition and termination fees. That's a lot of money. Unfortunately, if you want to lease and the captive finance company that the manufacturer of the vehicle that you want charges these fees, there isn't any way to avoid them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cats13. General Motors just introduced its November programs yesterday. I'll make some calls and see what I can find out about its US Bank lease program for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, I want to keep you on point about the November lease programs, but have another question for anyone that knows the answer - it's really nagging at me.

If I pay the first month's pymt out of pocket (ie, don't roll it into the lease), shouldn't the adjusted cap cost # be reduced by at least the base lease pymt portion of that first month's pymt? If it's not, am not paying that first month's pymt twice - once out of my pocket directly and then again when the depreciation fee, finance fee and sales taxes are calculated for the term of the lease which, by definition, includes that first month?
This discussion has been closed.