Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• jp125jp125 Member Posts: 9
    Cats13:

I could see how you would think that. But that is not the case. It's hard to explain... Basically, the monthly payment on a lease is calculated by taking the interest rate/money factor, cap cost, residual value, lease term, and tax rate for your state.
  • michaelj7michaelj7 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 2010 CXL-2 AWD in NJ with an MSRP of 49,510.

Can you tell me what the lease payments would be at 10K miles per year and 12K miles per year?

Thanks
  • djolydjoly Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 AWD CXL2 or a mostly loaded package. Here is the response I got back from the dealership. I wish I had the MSRP and selling price but I don't at the moment. Should I really be looking at a $900+ payment to lease a very well equipped Enclave for 36 months and 15k per year?

Dealer email below ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to give you two options for financing, one lease and one purchase. For a 36 month lease, 15K miles a year and $1,838 due at signing, your monthly payment would be $914 a month. If you choose to purchase the Enclave, GM is offering 0% for 72 months which will give you a $619 monthly payment with $0 due a signing. I hope I have answered your questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call. Do you have time today or tomorrow to come in and take a closer look at the Enclave?

If this is incorrect then what should I be looking at for a monthly payment? Has anyone else recently leased and if so what did you get and what were the numbers?

If the $914 lease is correct then I would look at the option to purchase with 0% for 72 months. Would this make sense at this given the state of the economy? I've been leasing vehicles for the last 12 years but I'm not sure if I'm going to anymore.

I would be interested in any and all feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Don
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Without the MSRP, selling price, residual value and interest rate, it is impossible to give you any kind of payment to expect. I can tell you that a $900+ payment a month should get you a lot more expensive vehicle than a Buick Enclave.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • markert2umarkert2u Member Posts: 2
    I was able to negotiate the following Enclave CXL 2 (Audio w/ Entertainment package... no GPS, running boards) lease:

MSRP = $44,695
    $682 per month payment
    39 months / 12,000 miles
    ONLY 1st month payment due at lease signing

I've haven't agreed to it just yet, but I get the feeling that this is their bottom line offer. I still would like to get the Nov '09 Lease Rates from Car_man to know if there is anymore negotiating room in this deal????? Car_man??
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi michaelj7. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you if you tell me what selling price you have been able to negotiate or are shooting for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey Don. HAHAHAHAHAH :surprise: $900 per month to lease a Buick Enclave?!?! That's nuts. You definitely don't want to do that. If you really love this vehicle, then negotiate the lowest possible selling price and finance a 2010 model through GMAC at 1.9% for 5 years or a 2009 model at 0% for 6 years.

If you are really set on leasing, then you probably should go with a different truck. There's a tone of awesome ones out there that you can lease for a lot less than $900 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi markert2u. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave XCL2 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.96% and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • markert2umarkert2u Member Posts: 2
    Great, thanks very much Car_man.. I thought I had a good deal already...Looks as though I have a bit more play in my negotiations! Thanks again.
  • michaelj7michaelj7 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The dealer has agreed to $300 over invoice.
  • geddylee1geddylee1 Member Posts: 3
    I have an offer for a 2010 Enclave CX FWD:

MSRP:36,040
    Negotiated Price: $32,846
    Residual $16,218 plus $395 purchase option fee
    12,000 allowable miles

$0 down, and $469/month. Is that a good deal or do I have room to work?
  • HardC0d3rHardC0d3r Member Posts: 4
    The residual is over %49 with your negotiated price...

Make the math for 36 months: $469 X 36= $16884
    You are barely paying any overhead if you look at your negotiated price and residual...
    $16884 + $16218 = $33102, which is about an extra $250 in 3 years, so thats like NO lease money. Even if it is 39 months, still not bad at all.

I'd say it is a good deal. Id get it if we did not hate the cloth and the wood (or should I say laminate) trim inside. :)

PS: Trade in value for a Used 2009 Enclave CX is like $30K... So I'd say your negotiated price is good too.
  • 996twint996twint Member Posts: 35
    Are there rebates available with the factory lease? I'm looking at the $399 advertised lease on the CX and was told you give up the rebates when you take the lease.
    Anyone know if this is true?
  • ak50ak50 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to figure out if this is a pipe-dream or can actually be done:

I'm trying to find a lease deal on a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL that keeps my payments to less than $450 per month (before tax). I'd like to put down no more than $3k-$4k (aside from paying my taxes up front).

I've found the vehicle. The MSRP is $42,660. The dealer was willing to reduce to $40,122. I still think there's a lot more room to negotiate.

Anyway, am I just unrealistic or does anyone know if this is a feasible deal?
    You're very welcome, markert2u.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 996twint. What you were told is not exactly true. While yes, General Motors normal cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, GM usually provides a different set of cash incentives that are. In fact, it is actually providing more cash on leases of the 2010 Buick Enclave than on purchases right now ($2,650 vs. $1,500).

Make sure that you take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • iminincimininc Member Posts: 14
    MR. CARMAN,

How much is the January Lease rates for the BUICK enclave? And also how can I prove to the dealer that there is a $2650 cash incentive on leases right now. Thanks.
  • aclongoaclongo Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

2010 LX1 w/Nav, Enter, Sun Roof - MSRP $44,950

Selling price for lease - $41.950

48 months
    $1,500 down
    37% residual

$556.00/month

Good deal?

Thank you
    Hi imininc. You don't have to prove anything to the dealer. The $2,650 cash incentive on GMAC leases definitely exists. Both you and they know it does. The only questions are A) whether they are going to lie to you about it and B) whether they are going to give it to you.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what GMAC's current lease program for the Enclave is like. You never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you want so I'll have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aclongo. Let's take a look at this deal. The vehicle that you are interested in, a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL1 AWD, probably has a spread of around $2,500 give or take between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,650 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model through GMAC and there's a total of around $5,000 to play with during your negotiations. That puts the $3,000 discount that you were quoted at around $2,000 over invoice. If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would want another grand or so knocked off of this truck's price.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using GMAC's base lease rate of 2.2% for a 48-month lease of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • aclongoaclongo Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your time.

I'll post what happens later. Problem I am finding is no stock on LX1 models that have all 3 options - Nav, DVD, Sunroof. I wonder if this is the reason they won't go lower.
  • financeman451financeman451 Member Posts: 1
    Yes my friend you are looking at a pipe dream. The dealer is looking to discount 2538.00. That is a good deal if it is really a discount and not just using the incentive money. Just make sure this is 40,122 and then the incentive money comes off that. Take the deal it is a very good one. The days of have thousands of dollars in mark up are gone.
  • wantanewridewantanewride Member Posts: 4
    I have available to me a GM GMS pricing on a 2010 Enclave. This is what is given to me, and for some reason, rebates and residuals/rates seem like I might have a little more room. This is what was told to me:
    2010 CXL 2
    MSRP 49655
    GMS 47581
    less rebates of 4400

20k per year lease
    36 mo 776 $1826 out of pocket, 42% residual .9% rate
    39 mo 749 $1749 out of pocket 40% residual .9% rate

From other research I think I'm missing about $800 in rebates, but am unable to find a full breakdown.
    Also, am wondering if anyone knows GM's residuals and rates for 2/2010.

Thank you.
  • thetmkthetmk Member Posts: 4
    Hi wantanewride:

Can you give me the breakdown of the $4400 in rebates? I know of the $2650 in dealer cash for leases, but I was unaware of any other applicable rebates.

I'm looking at a CXL 2 AWD, 36 or 39 month lease, with 12K or 15K miles per year. I am likewise looking for the residuals and rates. car_man can you help?

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, aclongo.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wantanewride. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 42%, respectively.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that GMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will likely have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,650 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Enclave. This cash should automatically be taken into account on a GMS deal, but you definitely double check to make sure that it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi thetmk. Please see my previous post for most of the info that you're looking for.

BTW, I just remembered that General Motors is also providing $750 dealer cash on all Buicks this month. There's a good chance that this dealer cash is available on leases as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlnjzjlnjz Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I need to understand better what the dealer is proposing. I was working with them on a deal for a 2010 Enclave 1XL with Sunroof, 19" chrome wheels, and Audio/DVD, Metallic Paint. MSRP is 45,050.00. Dealer came back with an offer and looking at this website and others I countered and said "if you can get the selling price to $41,050 including the $1500 cash to customer I would like to see the numbers for a 48 mo lease w/ 12k miles per year".

Dealer came back and said here's our deal: MSRP 45050, Selling price of 42,550 minus $2,650 cap cost in lieu of $1500 rebate

Is this good? I always thought you got the price to a "selling price" and then worked the lease from there.

By the way, they are saying residual is 36% and rate is 2.20% for a payment (with no down payment) of $565 plus tax.

I had hoped to have the payment at $500 WITH tax.....do I still have room to negotiate?

THANKS!!! This site is GREAT and the input is appreciated!
  • evergladesmanevergladesman Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Thank you for all the information you provide on this site (car_man in particular). Hoping you can help me figure out a lease pmt.

I saw two 2010 CXL1 2WD vehicles today at different dealerships - MSRP $42K and $44.5K. I asked for numbers on a 39 month lease @ 15K miles per year.

The $42K dealer came back with an initial fee of $2,000 cap cost (+ other fees = $3,800 out of pocket) and a monthly payment of $489 + tax

The $44.5K dealer came back with a cap cost of $1,000 (+other fees = $2,874 out of pocket) and a monthly payment of $607 + tax

After reading some of the other posts here, it would seem to me that these figures are very high. Can i get some guideline on what a good lease payment should be with about $1,000 cap cost?

Thanks in advance!

I live in Florida, BTW
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    For what this is worth...I have leased for the past 6 years. I do not put anything down! Let the dealer give you a price with no money down. Here's why: if you're in an accident, or someone hits your car and totals it, the insurance company will pay off what is owed on the car...they will not reimburse you for the "out-of-pocket" money you paid up front. It's true that your monthly payment will be higher, but hey, you gave them your money up front. Yes, your percentage paid over the long run will be slightly higher, but if you left your "out-of-'pocket" money in the bank you'd be getting some interest on that.
  • gordon22gordon22 Member Posts: 2
    We have the following offer from a dealer in NY to purchase an enclave. They will order this car for us.

2010 Enclave CXL2
    Black
    Hit the road package
    Sunroof
    19" wheels
    DVD nav (dropdown screen, not seat back)
    AWD
    2 Way advance remote

MSRP 50,920
    His offer: $48,250
    Rebates TBD depending on what they are next month when it arrives.

any thoughts on this deal?
  • johnt26johnt26 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,
    has anyone turned in an Enclave (or other GM car) off lease lately. I've bought or traded all other leases.
    Any issues with turn in?
    Thanks!
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    I turned in a Chevy Malibu off-lease to GMAC just recently and it went off with nary a hitch. They send you a little packet. Just make sure you do it the way they ask you and as long as you are under milage and no big dents, they are pretty easy to work with.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • bmlcarbmlcar Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have april 2010 lease numbers on a 2010 enclave cxl 1 or 2 for 36 months and 12k per year? Your help is greatly appreciated.
    In September of '07 I turned in an '05 Buick Terraza on an '08 Enclave. I was about 300 miles under the 36,000 lease...no problems. The dealer handled it just fine. In fact, he picked up the last 3 months payments.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 152
    Car_man,

Do you have the current lease rate, residual and CCR for the 2010 Buick Enclave CXL 2 AWD and FWD for 36/39 months and 12k miles per year as well as 48 months and 12k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • a4guya4guy Member Posts: 5
    Hey car man,

Looking to lease a Buick Enclave CXR2 with Navigation, AWD, DVD and Bucket Seats in in New Jersey. We want 36 or 39 month lease with 15K per year with NO money down. What can I expect to pay a month. Dealers have been quoting between hi $600's and Mid $800's.

Thanks
    Here you go, bmlcar. GMAC's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,300 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bmlcar. GMAC's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,300 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello autoboy19. GMAC's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 2.2% and 36%.

The lease rates for the CXL FWD are the same, but its residual values are 1% lower.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey a4guy. I would be happy to use GMAC's current lease program to work up a sample payment on this truck for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least the MSRP and invoice price) of the exact model that you want. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know what the prices are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • a4guya4guy Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the link Car Man,

OK here you go.

For the Buick Enclave CXL 2 w/ nav, rear entertainment and sunroof the numbers are:

MSRP $49,355
    Invoice: 46,605
    TMV= $45,530 (don't konw exactly what that number is)

I'm looking for a 36 or 39 mo lease (which ever is cheaper/better) 15k miles a year with NO money down (this way I can acurately compare between dealers.

Thanks

A4guy (with growing family looking to be Enclaveguy)
    Thanks for the additional information, a4guy. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL 2 that has an MSRP of $49,355 and a selling price of 45,055 ($750 over invoice minus the $2,300 cash incentive on leases) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $714.

The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $686.

Ouch :sick: these are some steep payments. The problem with leasing an Enclave is that its residual values are terrible, 41% for 36 / 15k and 39 for 39 / 15k. You might be able to shave a little off of these payments by negotiating a slightly lower selling price, but not much.

Car_man
    Host
  • rtlawrtlaw Member Posts: 5
    Yesterday, I went to City Cadillac in Queens and was interested in a 36 month lease on a 2010 enclave. The dealer got down to 39 months with a monthly payment of $585 (12K) and said I had to pay the bank fee of $695 and the first months payment. He said that the taxes were included in the $585 payment but wouldnt show me a breakdown. The car was awd with the entertainment system and navigation and sunroof. Is this a good deal. What is the money factor? Do I have to give the dealer the first month payment? I am new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I leased my Enclave from Cunningham in Queens about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, they have closed. However, Dan Cunningham is now working or City. I got an excellent (I think) deal from Cunningham. I leased mine for 48 months (12K/yr), no money down, I paid the taxes, dealer prep, advertising, whatever, up front. I pay about $520/mo. My "E" is a FWD, Red Jewel, Driver Confidence, basic sound system (AM/FM...no Bose), folding mirrors, back-up sensor, art.h'lights, no sunroof. When I got mine I had to order it...it took about 3 months, so I got what I wanted. Yours sounds like a good deal to me. Ask the salesperson for a complete breakdown. If he goes around the bush, ask for Dan Cunningham, or the sales manager. I really wouldn't be so concerned with the residual unless you're thinking of buying it at the end...which in my case was the farthest thing from my mind. I know that I'll be leasing a 2012...if I haven't thrown off my earthly shroud by then. Anyway, good luck. I know you'll be happy.
  • rtlawrtlaw Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info, KCOREY. I was only concerned about the residual since I thought that the sale price minus the residual was the amount of money which would be the lease amount divided by the number of months X thew finance charge. You can correct me if I,m wrong.
    You're probably right, however I try to make things as simple as possible...I'm 71. 7 grandchildren seem to make things more complicated (not to mention my children...and wife...but that's another story!).
  • doubledowndoubledown Member Posts: 5
    Car Man, I'm wondering if you can help me out. I am considering leasing a 2010 Enclave and was given the following numbers by a suburban Chicago dealer for a CXL2 FWD, Carbon black w/ Nav + Sunroof. I was told the MSRP is $46,710, Invoice price is $44,846 with a sale price of $44,950 ($104 dealer profit with their $3200 rebate) I was quoted $843.94 (36 mos, 12k per year) $868.71 (36 mos, 15K) $807.36 (39 mos, 12k) and $830.25 (39 mos, 15k)

These numbers seemed pretty high for me. Thoughts?
  • snelldoggsnelldogg Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman

Can you please post residuals and MF for May for a 2010 Enclave Awd CXL 1, 39 Months. If you could also please let me know of any changes vs April. U.S. Bank vs GMAC and rebates it would be more thank appreciated. I am about to get my car which was ordered and the numbers they are quoting me are up vs april...not happy.

Much Obliged!
  • snelldoggsnelldogg Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman

Can you please post residuals and MF for May for a 2010 Enclave Awd CXL 1, 39 Months 15K. If you could also please let me know of any changes vs April. U.S. Bank vs GMAC and rebates it would be more thank appreciated. I am about to get my car which was ordered and the numbers they are quoting me are up vs april...not happy.

Much Obliged!
This discussion has been closed.